Post#61 » by Lippo » Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:54 pm

GiannisAnte34 wrote:
Lippo wrote:
thonnisbeastley wrote:ChainLink > all

This

0.25 to $23 in a year...future is bright...Link Marines Oorah

Sergey and Vitalek > Jobs and Gates

by rule I'll never buy anything that just jumped to a 100x all time high

Glad I didnt apply this logic when I bought a bunch of ethereum at 80 in the summer of 17..after it 50-100xed
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 10,265

Re: OT: Investing/Stocks/Bonds/Mutual Funds/Crypto 

Post#62 » by Stannis » Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:32 am

Lippo wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:
Lippo wrote:
This

0.25 to $23 in a year...future is bright...Link Marines Oorah

Sergey and Vitalek > Jobs and Gates

Glad I didnt apply this logic when I bought a bunch of ethereum at 80 in the summer of 17..after it 50-100xed

Is this still a good entry point for LINK in your opinion?
Free Palestine
Stannis
RealGM

Post#63 » by Stannis » Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:33 am

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:
crkone wrote:That WSB stuff is fascinating. And hilarious. Grassroots trading is here to stay.

Isn't is clearly a pump and dump strategy? Got to think there will be regulations around this type of stuff with serious consequences.

Its mostly institutional investors getting wrekt on their shorts.

There better not be any "serious consequences". This is fair game.
Free Palestine
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,153

Post#64 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:45 am

Stannis wrote:
crkone wrote:That WSB stuff is fascinating. And hilarious. Grassroots trading is here to stay.

Isn't is clearly a pump and dump strategy? Got to think there will be regulations around this type of stuff with serious consequences.

Not really sure how it is fair game? I assume there are laws against this kind of stuff but just hasn't been applied to these reddit forums. They are purposely trying to manipulate the stock price for personal gain while harming others. Yeah, it's cool this time because it was a rag tag bunch of reddit posters versus shirt sellers, but I don't think the SEC wants this stuff to be a daily occurrence bouncing from stock to stock and getting bigger each time as it gets more attention.
Lippo
Lead Assistant
And1: 948

Post#65 » by Lippo » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:12 am

Stannis wrote:
Lippo wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:

I keep buying on dips, sucks can only buy 100-200 coins at a time when could have bought 10000+ for the same price back when I got in....but can’t really look at it that way...
Best guess it’ll be 40 by end of year and 100 by end of next...but don’t get afraid if it jumps from 60 to 35 at some point...just whales manipulating market to buy more...
Link, Ethereum and BTC seem like 3 best to hodl...maybe Pokadot to complete the 4 horseman, but it competes with ethereum some, and has more risk...
Stannis
RealGM

Post#66 » by Stannis » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:14 am

Lippo wrote:
Stannis wrote:
Lippo wrote:

I keep buying on dips, sucks can only buy 100-200 coins at a time when could have bought 10000+ for the same price back when I got in....but can’t really look at it that way...
Best guess it’ll be 40 by end of year and 100 by end of next...but don’t get afraid if it jumps from 60 to 35 at some point...just whales manipulating market to buy more...
Link, Ethereum and BTC seem like 3 best to hodl...

Thanks. I'm in ETH and BTCas well. I'm also in DOT as well. You ever looked into that?
Free Palestine
Lippo
Lead Assistant

Post#67 » by Lippo » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:17 am

Stannis wrote:
Lippo wrote:
Stannis wrote:

Link, Ethereum and BTC seem like 3 best to hodl...

Thanks. I'm in ETH and BTCas well. I'm also in DOT as well. You ever looked into that?

Lol, yep just edited my post to add that before reading yours..
Lippo
Lead Assistant

Post#68 » by Lippo » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:20 am

Ethereum is probably the best bet right now if you bye and sell, but I just hodl to avoid taxes til I cash out at some point as long term capital gains and hopefully can get into the 0% rate some years, or at most 15%
Stannis
RealGM

Post#69 » by Stannis » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:25 am

Lippo wrote:Ethereum is probably the best bet right now if you bye and sell, but I just hodl to avoid taxes til I cash out at some point as long term capital gains and hopefully can get into the 0% rate some years, or at most 15%

How can you get 0%?

I have some GBTC in my Roth. That's the only way I know
Free Palestine
Lippo
Lead Assistant

Post#70 » by Lippo » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:39 am

Stannis wrote:
Lippo wrote:Ethereum is probably the best bet right now if you bye and sell, but I just hodl to avoid taxes til I cash out at some point as long term capital gains and hopefully can get into the 0% rate some years, or at most 15%

How can you get 0%?

I have some GBTC in my Roth. That's the only way I know

Hmm, if you buy the coins on Coinbase and own the keys..nano s etc.. (you may have a fund that invests in them, not sure..)
then it’s long term capital gains, Married, if we take a year off work I can cash in 79k tax free..
Or if we make less, can cash in up to 79k, it’s not like stocks, it’s treated like property or collectibles. Just have to hold it a year.
Not sure haven’t cashed out anything yet, but as is, looks like a tax free 401k later on if can live on 75k a year as a couple. Hopefully in 15 years it will be enough to retire on...
https://www.nerdwallet.com/article/taxes/capital-gains-tax-rates
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,407

Post#71 » by M-C-G » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:26 pm

Stannis wrote:
MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:Isn't is clearly a pump and dump strategy? Got to think there will be regulations around this type of stuff with serious consequences.

Not really sure how it is fair game? I assume there are laws against this kind of stuff but just hasn't been applied to these reddit forums. They are purposely trying to manipulate the stock price for personal gain while harming others. Yeah, it's cool this time because it was a rag tag bunch of reddit posters versus shirt sellers, but I don't think the SEC wants this stuff to be a daily occurrence bouncing from stock to stock and getting bigger each time as it gets more attention.

Just getting up to speed on this GME stuff...so let me get this right, big institution money shorted the hell out of a stock for a company that isn't that profitable, then a group of reddit users somehow inspired an army of day traders to force the shorts to cover at unbelievable escalating rates?

Shorting stocks is awful, awful, awful karma. You reap what you sow.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 3,054

Post#72 » by BUCKnation » Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:15 am

M-C-G wrote:
Stannis wrote:Its mostly institutional investors getting wrekt on their shorts.

Just getting up to speed on this GME stuff...so let me get this right, big institution money shorted the hell out of a stock for a company that isn't that profitable, then a group of reddit users somehow inspired an army of day traders to force the shorts to cover at unbelievable escalating rates?

Ryan Cohen, a very successful e-commerce guy, also bought into gamestop and has been brought on brought on board earlier this fall, so optimism in the company rose and thus those bankruptcy shorts weren't going to go through. The reddit hype and now all around hype with people like Elon and Chamath jumping in has caused a confluence of events that has only ever been seen with the VW squeeze in 08.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,407

Post#73 » by M-C-G » Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:58 am

BUCKnation wrote:
M-C-G wrote:
MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:Not really sure how it is fair game? I assume there are laws against this kind of stuff but just hasn't been applied to these reddit forums. They are purposely trying to manipulate the stock price for personal gain while harming others. Yeah, it's cool this time because it was a rag tag bunch of reddit posters versus shirt sellers, but I don't think the SEC wants this stuff to be a daily occurrence bouncing from stock to stock and getting bigger each time as it gets more attention.

Ryan Cohen, a very successful e-commerce guy, also bought into gamestop and has been brought on brought on board earlier this fall, so optimism in the company rose and thus those bankruptcy shorts weren't going to go through. The reddit hype and now all around hype with people like Elon and Chamath jumping in has caused a confluence of events that has only ever been seen with the VW squeeze in 08.

I love it. Largely because the power of shorting has probably sucked more dollars out of your every day investor than anything else.

When I started investing a few years ago I just didn’t understand how much a share price could be manipulated by institutional money and they don’t give a **** if it comes at your expense.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
BucksFanSD
Veteran
And1: 1,365

Post#74 » by BucksFanSD » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:18 am

This past year has been the most crazy financial year I have experienced. More so than the '08 Financial crisis. From the stock market being wiped out, to rebounding quickly and earning everything back and then some with NASDAQ up 44% on the year, to people being priced out of housing because there is no supply, to crypto currency reaching crazy highs, to IPOs going up 100% in a day, and on-and-on. And to add to it, a lot of what diving this (historic low interest rates), will be around for a couple more years.
Stannis
RealGM

Post#75 » by Stannis » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:27 am

Free Palestine
thonnisbeastley
Pro Prospect
And1: 674

Post#76 » by thonnisbeastley » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:07 am

Lippo wrote:
Stannis wrote:
Lippo wrote:

Link, Ethereum and BTC seem like 3 best to hodl...maybe Pokadot to complete the 4 horseman, but it competes with ethereum some, and has more risk...

It's still a good entry point for LINK. In 3-6 months you likely won't be able to buy $20-22 LINK ever again.

Adding 100-200 every dip is insane. I just bought another 50 on this recent dip. The thing I've learned with crypto is that your best bet is to invest in something you believe in an hodl. I had weak hands early on, sold a few hundred LINK when it first reached and then began dipping under 4. But I'm firmly in it for the long run now, I won't consider selling any LINK until they at least reach the $250 mark. Even then I'd probably hold on to the majority of my bag. Hoping the $1000 LINK memes come true and based on what they're doing in the crypto world, it's absolutely possible by 2025. I'd rather wait and see if I'll be a millionaire then take a potentially for weaker profit in the next year or two. $LINK. I would say $LINK offers the largest potential ROI over the next few years, but who knows where BTC or ETH end up. Personally, I'd rather have 500 LINK than 8 ETH if I were to make a $10,000 investment today.
Lippo
Lead Assistant

Post#77 » by Lippo » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:22 am

Yeah Link to Hodl, but I see Ether 2-3x this year due to staking, Link will moon in 2022, if I were a trader, I’d move link to ether for 3-6 months then back to Link...but I just buy and Hodl, haven’t taken any profits, it all Monopoly money in my head
thonnisbeastley
Pro Prospect
And1: 674

Post#78 » by thonnisbeastley » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:49 am

Lippo wrote:Yeah Link to Hodl, but I see Ether 2-3x this year due to staking, Link will moon in 2022, if I were a trader, I’d move link to ether for 3-6 months then back to Link...but I just buy and Hodl, haven’t taken any profits, it all Monopoly money in my head

For sure, Link staking is supposed to begin soon as well though.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,153

Post#79 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:35 am

I guess isn't now a good time to short sell it or buy a long term put. Like no way in hell these reddit people will keep this up for 4 months nor is this stock worth 1/4 of the price. Even if you think Cohen is awesome, is he alone worth maintaining that high valuation?
jmart762
Pro Prospect
And1: 430

Post#80 » by jmart762 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:14 am

GiannisAnte34 wrote:
jmart762 wrote:Not in here very much, but if you're interested in crypto (we were wild about it in here last cycle) I'm a bigger bull on Ethereum than I am Bitcoin. More uses, usage, and vision. I think that plays out better in the long-term.

Ethereum is great what do you think the forecast could be? I'm thinking about ~3,000 per in a 3 year term

Sorry, didn't see this notification until now. I'm young so I'm holding until $5k which I think will hit this year. Keeping most of my stack until 10-20k. Call me a moonboi, but I'm just a Joe Schmo, and I've used DeFi to make money already, and it's just getting started.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks