ImageImage

OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS, RACE OR RELIGION]

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,981

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS, RACE OR RELIGION] 

Post#61 » by jschligs » Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:58 pm

Iheartfootball wrote:So Fleet Foxes, Japanese Breakfast, and War on Drugs are all playing free stages at Summerfest? What's that you say? The shows take place AFTER I make my summer journey back to the Motherland? F-me I say.

I'm sad because Yellowcard, Cypress Hill, Mat Kearney are all there but my 2nd child is due the first day.

Actually, I was looking through the list of free stages and I'm not as hyped as I have been in years past.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,360

Post#62 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:18 pm

That lineup seems very not good. Only artists I'd drive across town to pay and see are Yellowcard and TBA.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 37,031

Post#63 » by emunney » Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:22 pm

Jenny Lewis. Probably will drive up for that one.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,810

Post#64 » by MikeIsGood » Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:08 pm

Iheartfootball wrote:So Fleet Foxes, Japanese Breakfast, and War on Drugs are all playing free stages at Summerfest? What's that you say? The shows take place AFTER I make my summer journey back to the Motherland? F-me I say.

Holy ****.
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,853

Post#65 » by TroyD92 » Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:22 pm

Follow up but I'm back at my goal weight. Dropped about 15lbs in the last few months. Very happy with myself haha
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#66 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:50 am

Every once a year or so I send my dad a request for something he can make in his shop. It's usually just to give him a hobby and something to do. But what he makes is always so ridiculously nice, I don't know why he doesn't open up a shop. A few weeks ago I asked if he'd make something I could use as a surface to make doughs on for baking. Dude did some research, asked me for measurements, and goddamn if this isn't now maybe my favorite thing I own.

Maple, walnut, and cherry wood. Both sides are sanded and coated incredibly. I could theoretically use one side as a carving board, but he already made me one of those that I love.

I made pizza doughs tonight that are now fermenting in the fridge.
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,509

Post#67 » by KidA24 » Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:44 am

The reason he doesn't open up a shop is because once your hobby becomes your job, it's no longer for joy, it's for profit.
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
Beorn
Sixth Man
And1: 807

Post#68 » by Beorn » Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:05 am

That's a great surface. I also second KidA24's comment.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#69 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:41 pm

My dude Tommy is BACK.

buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,963

Post#70 » by buckboy » Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:34 pm

TroyD92 wrote:Follow up but I'm back at my goal weight. Dropped about 15lbs in the last few months. Very happy with myself haha

I'm down 30. 25 more to go to get to my "ideal" weight*.

Ideal meaning realistic.

Nice job. It's a battle.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,649

Post#71 » by Profound23 » Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:39 pm

Hey Wisconsin weather:

F*** you!!!

Enough of this crap already.

This morning there was no salt put down, no plows out and cars wiping out everywhere on my way to work.

Also, why do people still not know how to drive in snow? People were driving 20 MPH on the HWY in the only lane that was somewhat clear, while others are trying to drive 50+ and create their own lanes in low visibility.
jschligs
General Manager

Post#72 » by jschligs » Sat Mar 25, 2023 4:04 pm

The weather blows but I’m making beef stroganoff from scratch today so I don't really mind.
ReginaldDwight
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,783

Post#73 » by ReginaldDwight » Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:23 pm

I got some last gasp turns in on the snow in slinger so I am happy. I did see around 9 good accidents on the way. Roads were salted just a weird mix below the snow almost left a scaled ice surface on alot of places.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#74 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:26 pm

jschligs wrote:The weather blows but I’m making beef stroganoff from scratch today so I don't really mind.

Love a good beef stroganoff.

It's almost 50 and clear up here. I cancelled my plans, might go somewhere and watch the Bucks game.
jschligs
General Manager

Post#75 » by jschligs » Sun Mar 26, 2023 1:28 am

Stroganoff turned out incredible. But now I have tons left over because my wife refuses to eat anything with cream cheese or sour cream in it and this has both. And both are a staple in millions of recipes. Tried to slide this one past her but she happened to be watching as I cooked.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,772

Post#76 » by chonestown » Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:19 am

Benavides overcomes Plant, the oversized ring and an unnecessarily obtrusive ref. He deserves to be matched up with Saul.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#77 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:31 am

jschligs wrote:Stroganoff turned out incredible. But now I have tons left over because my wife refuses to eat anything with cream cheese or sour cream in it and this has both. And both are a staple in millions of recipes. Tried to slide this one past her but she happened to be watching as I cooked.

It freezes fine, despite the sour cream. Or just eat it for a week. Stroganoff rules.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#78 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:25 am

Had so much fun tonight. My nine year old niece's birthday party and I was the cook. Used the four pizza doughs I made on Thursday and made pizzas with help from the birthday girl, a seven year old, six year old, five year old, and a four year old. They loved stretching the doughs and adding toppings. All the adults said they had the best homemade pizza ever but seeing the little kids wolf it down was pretty wonderful. Niece is finally at the age where Uncle RS can just hand out cash instead of shop so that's pretty dope too.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,963

Post#79 » by buckboy » Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:44 am

ReasonablySober wrote:Had so much fun tonight. My nine year old niece's birthday party and I was the cook. Used the four pizza doughs I made on Thursday and made pizzas with help from the birthday girl, a seven year old, six year old, five year old, and a four year old. They loved stretching the doughs and adding toppings. All the adults said they had the best homemade pizza ever but seeing the little kids wolf it down was pretty wonderful. Niece is finally at the age where Uncle RS can just hand out cash instead of shop so that's pretty dope too.

Awesome. I never could have pulled off the cooking like you can.

As a guy with 19 nieces and nephews, have you ever considered taking them shopping?

I started doing that with my n&ns really early and found it to be a great way to connect with them individually.

Took them to McDonald's and then to Target or wherever.

They still talk to me about it 25+ years later.

Anyway, just something as an option.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#80 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:02 am

buckboy wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:Had so much fun tonight. My nine year old niece's birthday party and I was the cook. Used the four pizza doughs I made on Thursday and made pizzas with help from the birthday girl, a seven year old, six year old, five year old, and a four year old. They loved stretching the doughs and adding toppings. All the adults said they had the best homemade pizza ever but seeing the little kids wolf it down was pretty wonderful. Niece is finally at the age where Uncle RS can just hand out cash instead of shop so that's pretty dope too.

Awesome. I never could have pulled off the cooking like you can.

As a guy with 19 nieces and nephews, have you ever considered taking them shopping?

I started doing that with my n&ns really early and found it to be a great way to connect with them individually.

Took them to McDonald's and then to Target or wherever.

They still talk to me about it 25+ years later.

Anyway, just something as an option.

I really like that idea. My first and only attempt was taking to two of the nieces to Frozen 2. I thought it was gonna be the best uncle Saturday but it was the first time they were ever without their momma and we had to go home early. Four years later I think they might be up for it. Maybe a stroll up and down the Target isles would be fun.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks