ImageImage

Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Plossum
General Manager
And1: 5,053

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas 

Post#61 » by Plossum » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:16 pm

We should not be so itchy as to trade Pat. If there's a clear upgrade, sure, but someone like DFS or Royce O'Neal? No thanks.

Pat is reliable and steps up when the Playoffs come. He has good chemistry with Giannis and the rest of the team. I'm not giving up on that unless it's a no brainer.

I'd be more inclined to trade Bobby before Pat, but even then, same rules apply.
#LockUpChuck
Mtsportsfan
Rookie
And1: 371

Post#62 » by Mtsportsfan » Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:56 pm

Plossum wrote:We should not be so itchy as to trade Pat. If there's a clear upgrade, sure, but someone like DFS or Royce O'Neal? No thanks.

Pat is reliable and steps up when the Playoffs come. He has good chemistry with Giannis and the rest of the team. I'm not giving up on that unless it's a no brainer.

I'd be more inclined to trade Bobby before Pat, but even then, same rules apply.

Isnt pat sorta redundant on this team , plenty of guys his size and ability here , I'd much rather trade fly by Pat than Bobby unless we are getting a big back.
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,005

Post#63 » by soxperry » Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:59 pm

Mtsportsfan wrote:
Plossum wrote:We should not be so itchy as to trade Pat. If there's a clear upgrade, sure, but someone like DFS or Royce O'Neal? No thanks.

Isnt pat sorta redundant on this team , plenty of guys his size and ability here , I'd much rather trade fly by Pat than Bobby unless we are getting a big back.

Redundant? I dont see another Pat on the team. Hes a very well rounded player and a glue guy. But he needs to be 8th or 9th in the playoff rotation, not 6th.
drdrG
Bench Warmer
And1: 833

Post#64 » by drdrG » Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:03 am

Ron Swanson wrote:Something a bit more creative. Nance Jr. isn't getting much run in New Orleans and they desperately need some bench scoring. You trade them Bobby for Nance and to remove the swap rights on our 2024 1st so it instantly becomes tradeable. Flip Pat, Marjon, and the 2024 1st for DFS.

Giannis/Dame/Middleton/Brook/DFS/Payne/Beasley/Crowder/Nance Jr.

Boom, there's your 8-9 man playoff rotation depending on matchups.

Really like this idea. Can we pry away anything else from NO? Nance and Zeller or Nance and JRE? Make it the Portland 2nd to Brooklyn or get DFS and Sharpe back.

You've talked me into DFS. Didn't realize how versatile he was at the big spots
Bucksmaniac
Analyst
And1: 1,001

Post#65 » by Bucksmaniac » Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:04 am

soxperry wrote:
Mtsportsfan wrote:

Redundant? I dont see another Pat on the team. Hes a very well rounded player and a glue guy. But he needs to be 8th or 9th in the playoff rotation, not 6th.

Pat’s defense has been subpar this season so far, probably along with his clearly declining athleticism. I think he is quite expendable, wouldn’t be surprised if Beasley could replace most of what he does given Pat’s defense is now clearly below average and Beas is shooting as well or better than Pat has ever shot.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,407

Post#66 » by RiotPunch » Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:10 am

Finney-Smith is certainly intriguing. That's a legit long defender to throw at the Jays of the world and can hit a three.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,651

Post#67 » by raferfenix » Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:27 am

Seems like the Clippers could use some good vibes guys like Bobby and Pat.

Idk about Norm Powell though. I’m greedy.

I want Terrance Mann which also allows us to take PJ off their books.

Portland’s 2nd and/or MarJon certainly could be in play too.
BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,220

Post#68 » by BigO » Thu Nov 30, 2023 1:08 am

My wish for Gary Payton II is officially dead. He's gone for most of the season, if not all of it.

https://theathletic.com/5100541/2023/11/29/warriors-gary-payton-calf-injury/
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 42,033

Post#69 » by Prez » Thu Nov 30, 2023 1:21 am

Norm Powell is pretty bad defensively, DFS is the guy to go after. Obviously Caruso would be an incredible get but we don’t have the assets.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,651

Post#70 » by raferfenix » Thu Nov 30, 2023 1:28 am

Prez wrote:Obviously Caruso would be an incredible get but we don’t have the assets.

Caveat: No one would be surprised if the Bulls make a bad trade.

Would be a bigger twist if what they do makes any sense whatsoever.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,373

Post#71 » by Baddy Chuck » Thu Nov 30, 2023 1:48 am

If the assets needed to get a guy like Caruso is more than Connaughton (third team, second or two whatever)/2nd/Marjon or something I'm not sure I'd really want him anyways.

Also Terrance Mann is the biggest fool's gold trade piece I've ever seen.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
drone3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,546

Post#72 » by drone3 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 2:01 am

There will be a bunch of guys waived before the playoffs, hoping we will pick up a guy like Delon Wright for nothing.

We will need open roster spots so the cheer squad may need to move on.
tedbrogen
Analyst
And1: 2,828

Post#73 » by tedbrogen » Thu Nov 30, 2023 2:10 am

drone3 wrote:There will be a bunch of guys waived before the playoffs, hoping we will pick up a guy like Delon Wright for nothing.

If Delon were bought out, the Bucks could sign him but keep in mind that the Bucks can only sign buy out guys whose original salary was lower than the MLE. Anyone above that is blocked from signing with the Bucks as they are a second apron team.
crowhead76
Rookie
And1: 877

Post#74 » by crowhead76 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 2:43 am

tedbrogen wrote:
drone3 wrote:There will be a bunch of guys waived before the playoffs, hoping we will pick up a guy like Delon Wright for nothing.

If Delon were bought out, the Bucks could sign him but keep in mind that the Bucks can only sign buy out guys whose original salary was lower than the MLE. Anyone above that is blocked from signing with the Bucks as they are a second apron team.

I was thinking this as well. I would imagine Miami and Boston would be in on him as well.
Dealing with people who exhibit the "smartest person in the room" syndrome can be a challenge. One approach is to listen their opinion while also encouraging open-mindedness. It's important to create an environment where all voices are valued.
tedbrogen
Analyst
And1: 2,828

Post#75 » by tedbrogen » Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:00 am

crowhead76 wrote:
tedbrogen wrote:

I was thinking this as well. I would imagine Miami and Boston would be in on him as well.

Yeah, he’d probably choose either of them because Boston has no bench (all starters!) and Miami could use backup guard help too.

Not a ton of minutes for him with the Bucks because of Cam taking the backup PG minutes, Beas permanently being the starting SG, and Oat.
ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,820

Post#76 » by ShootingtheJ » Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:16 am

Ron Swanson wrote:Something a bit more creative. Nance Jr. isn't getting much run in New Orleans and they desperately need some bench scoring. You trade them Bobby for Nance and to remove the swap rights on our 2024 1st so it instantly becomes tradeable. Flip Pat, Marjon, and the 2024 1st for DFS.

Giannis/Dame/Middleton/Brook/DFS/Payne/Beasley/Crowder/Nance Jr.

Boom, there's your 8-9 man playoff rotation depending on matchups.

Or 2024 doesn't became instantly tradeable, because the Pelicans have our 2025 1st round pick. Stepiani rule. We could trade the swap rights, but our 2014 swap rights have almost no value.

I've been a Nance fan, but he isn't playing now because he's moving like an old man.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,373

Post#77 » by Baddy Chuck » Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:32 am

I'm still pretty infatuated with the idea of Jerami Grant. Would probably take Portland actually wanting to trade him, and them actually valuing a guy like Marjon, but a Bobby/Pat/Marjon/2nd while maybe finding them a few more picks and salary relief for the vets could be a nice deal for both.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,721

Post#78 » by SupremeHustle » Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:56 am

Who TF is number 17?

jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,721

Post#79 » by SupremeHustle » Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:57 am

SupremeHustle wrote:Who TF is number 17?

Hold up... Is that Chris Douglas Roberts?
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
The Wet Whistle
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,257

Post#80 » by The Wet Whistle » Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:59 am

SupremeHustle wrote:
SupremeHustle wrote:Who TF is number 17?

Hold up... Is that Chris Douglas Roberts?
You know it, dude. Bucks legend CDR

Return to Milwaukee Bucks