PG Indy - Bucks Fade Away

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,364

Re: PG Indy - Bucks Fade Away 

Post#61 » by Baddy Chuck » Tue Jan 2, 2024 4:36 am

MVP2110 wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:Griff will make adjustments and we'll win easily Wednesday night.

We are now 1-3 this year against Indiana, why hasn't he adjusted yet?

Yeah, he should have told Giannis to score 65 this time!
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,135

Post#62 » by MVP2110 » Tue Jan 2, 2024 4:39 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
MVP2110 wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:Griff will make adjustments and we'll win easily Wednesday night.

Or maybe not give up 122 points to a team who was under 15% from 3, it shouldn't take a heroic effort from Giannis to beat the Pacers
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,364

Post#63 » by Baddy Chuck » Tue Jan 2, 2024 4:40 am

MVP2110 wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:
MVP2110 wrote:

Or maybe not give up 122 points to a team who was under 15% from 3, it shouldn't take a heroic effort from Giannis to beat the Pacers

Let's not go crazy now, stick with what worked!
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
mediocrityrules
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,037

Post#64 » by mediocrityrules » Tue Jan 2, 2024 4:54 am

Griffin should start changing things up by specifically banning Giannis from taking 3's. He's down to 20% on the season, and it's a complete nothing shot. There is never any reason for him to take it.
Circling calendars since 2021
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,917

Post#65 » by blazza18 » Tue Jan 2, 2024 5:07 am

mediocrityrules wrote:Griffin should start changing things up by specifically banning Giannis from taking 3's. He's down to 20% on the season, and it's a complete nothing shot. There is never any reason for him to take it.

Feel like he's done a good job himself of taking fewer threes but still occasionally has the odd game where he feels it's still necessary. Today every jumper he took felt poorly timed.

He's not improving/getting worse on basically every single jumper he tries now. Think there will be a point where he has to be at the rim or pass out. Maybe we're there already?
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,813

Post#66 » by ShootingtheJ » Tue Jan 2, 2024 5:24 am

blazza18 wrote:
mediocrityrules wrote:Griffin should start changing things up by specifically banning Giannis from taking 3's. He's down to 20% on the season, and it's a complete nothing shot. There is never any reason for him to take it.

Feel like he's done a good job himself of taking fewer threes but still occasionally has the odd game where he feels it's still necessary. Today every jumper he took felt poorly timed.

He's not improving/getting worse on basically every single jumper he tries now. Think there will be a point where he has to be at the rim or pass out. Maybe we're there already?

Isn't his mid range shooting % way up this year?
ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,813

Post#67 » by ShootingtheJ » Tue Jan 2, 2024 5:32 am

mediocrityrules wrote:

You mean he'll make Dame and Beas not suck on defense? Bold of him if he can pull that off.

Yeah, trying to coach a team where your iso defender is Malik Beasley is a losing proposition. He's been benched because of his defense every where he's been. He simply dies and screens and doesn't have the competitiveness to hustle back in to the play.

No, AJJ isn't ready year either. Marjon is the best defensed wing, but he was out sick tonight. Horst needs to get us help.
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,695

Post#68 » by BroncoBuck » Tue Jan 2, 2024 5:43 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
MVP2110 wrote:

Griff drawing up his master game plan and it’s just Giannis face over Wilt’s in the 100 points picture.
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 5,044

Post#69 » by Plossum » Tue Jan 2, 2024 6:00 am

Meh, I think this game reinforces what we know: if the offence isn't working we're not going to win. We're not good enough defensively to win scrappy games.

Would we beat Indy in a 7 game series in the Playoffs? I can't help but say yes given we'd have the best two players in the series (don't come @ me with Hali > Lillard takes. He's not there yet) but then again they play a style that clearly gives us a lot of problems. We're an older, slower team and they just want to run and gun all day long.
#LockUpChuck
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,222

Post#70 » by FrieAaron » Tue Jan 2, 2024 6:24 am

Hurt in many of the same areas only this time Dame had a bad game. Sucks we lost the one at home.
fan230
Analyst
And1: 1,322

Post#71 » by fan230 » Tue Jan 2, 2024 7:07 am

Unless Jae plays great on defense, I see no chance of our defense improving much if at all.

Ag has made little positive improvement in the defense. I don’t think he has any different ideas of value.

We lost our premier defender Jrue, our full court press defender in Javon and a highly capable,at this age even, defender in Wes. We do not have a single replacement of anywhere equal caliber.

All our guards are bad defenders and we need high scores from them so that we can build up a high score given our defense.

Given all the above, there is little if any chance of defense improving. Mjb, ajj, aj are nowhere in quality compared to Jrue Javon and Wes in defense.

These three are of mediocre abilities in offense. So why are we surprised that our bench is so bad?
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,822

Post#72 » by AussieBuck » Tue Jan 2, 2024 7:09 am

Bound to have games where the wide open shots miss but having hilarious perimeter defense all of the time and a **** bench is a feature and not a bug. Horts may not be able to fire the coach at the moment but he does need to do something about the rotation.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
fan230
Analyst
And1: 1,322

Post#73 » by fan230 » Tue Jan 2, 2024 7:34 am

Jae might be our one hope. I was not too enthusiastic about him last year. But now I cling to the hope that he might be the X factor.

He is clearly a better defender than Dame or Beas. His offense is worse than Beas but perhaps not by much. Jae should be somewhat better than mjb in offense and defense. Jae will be better than ajj in offense and defense, and much better than aj in defense. Thanasis and Robin never play. Livingstone is not good. Pat unfortunately has deteriorated a lot; that is a very unexpected and sad development. So we have a hollowed bench.
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,944

Post#74 » by Fotis St » Tue Jan 2, 2024 10:19 am

We can only survive defensively having one of Brook/Khris in the lineup... this is why increasing Khris' minutes, starting him, while limiting the minutes of the fresh young legs AJJ, Beauchamp... makes us pretty pathetic defensively... not enough speed and legs to even rebound well.

I hate what Griffin did early in the 1st quarter while up 12 or something with 6:30 remaining, Giannis just turned God Mode ON.... and our rookie coach subbed him and our starters out.... what a terrible timing ... a suicidal killing momentum choice. Like leave Giannis 2-3 minutes more , let him demoralize em , get up 25 or something ... Pacers closed the gap really quick ... we wasted our good start for nothing and Giannis never really got any rythm back.

I just want Brook and Khris replaced at this point ... thank u ... u are a piece of Bucks history BUT you are simply too old to keep up , stay fresh and support Giannis ... do it Horst ... at least trade the Disney Giant ... I can't watch him any more.
Draft: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic
old skool
General Manager
And1: 3,511

Post#75 » by old skool » Tue Jan 2, 2024 10:25 am

This was a bad loss in my mind, because the opponent shot poorly from the perimeter.

Indy did a great job forcing Antetokounmpo to give up the ball. The Bucks started the game making it tough for the Pacers to score - but that changed in the second half.

I felt that the bench failure to keep the game close forced Griffin to bring the starters back sooner than usual, leaving them tired late in the game. Tired Bucks starters struggled to compete with fresher Indiana bench players. Great coaching by the Pacers and not much Griffin could do in response.

Sub par shooting from Lillard and Portis hurt the Bucks. 40% FGA% could have changed the result.

Beasley seemed like he did not know how to handle being in foul trouble.

I don't agree that the Bucks need to change the starting lineup. That five man combo is getting good results. The bench is a problem, obviously. Jackson Jr. seems to have regressed, pretty much blowing up any semblance of team defense. Seems like almost every game of late is a negative +/- in very few minutes. His learning curve has been steeper than I was hoping.

I don't see any viable adjustments for the defensive issues. Going zone seems like a desperate move. Good offensive guards have a field day against poor backcourt defenders.

The Bucks seemed destined to rely on their superior offense, which will often be frustrating to watch.
AussieBuck
RealGM

Post#76 » by AussieBuck » Tue Jan 2, 2024 10:25 am

fan230 wrote:Jae might be our one hope. I was not too enthusiastic about him last year. But now I cling to the hope that he might be the X factor.

He is clearly a better defender than Dame or Beas. His offense is worse than Beas but perhaps not by much. Jae should be somewhat better than mjb in offense and defense. Jae will be better than ajj in offense and defense, and much better than aj in defense. Thanasis and Robin never play. Livingstone is not good. Pat unfortunately has deteriorated a lot; that is a very unexpected and sad development. So we have a hollowed bench.

Jae isn't anything but a small ball PF at this point. We need a guard.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
AussieBuck
RealGM

Post#77 » by AussieBuck » Tue Jan 2, 2024 10:40 am

Feels like Bobby is hamming it up for the crowd more the more his game is sucking. Love the guy but what is he actually adding?
emunney wrote:

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,261

Post#78 » by Sigra » Tue Jan 2, 2024 11:22 am

few years from now we will argue which trade was worse: Allen for Payton or Jrue for Dame. I will vote Jrue for Dame.
AussieBuck
RealGM

Post#79 » by AussieBuck » Tue Jan 2, 2024 11:24 am

Sigra wrote:few years from now we will argue which trade was worse: Allen for Payton or Jrue for Dame. I will vote Jrue for Dame.

You could just say that you're lonely and want a chat.
emunney wrote:

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,261

Post#80 » by Sigra » Tue Jan 2, 2024 11:29 am

Nope. We will talk in summer 2026.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks