ImageImage

Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Gallo deciding between Bucks and Clippers

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

engelmartin
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,884

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Trade Deadline Thursday 2 pm CT 

Post#61 » by engelmartin » Tue Feb 6, 2024 4:46 pm

So we're basically forced to keep our own pick this year because we can't trade it since it's a swap with NOP? The last few years there's been some pretty good players in that 28-36 range.

If we hang onto two picks in that range I think there's a good chance we get someone useful. In just the last 3 years these guys have all been in that range: Marcus Sasser, Jovic, Nembhard, Bones Hyland, Quentin Grimes, Herb Jones, Ayo Dosumnu, Quickley, Pritchard, Desmond Bane.

Couple real gems in there. It's a shame we're destined to trade every pick we're allowed to trade.
KnicksGod wrote:Middleton probably the most underrated player in NBA History
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,311

Post#62 » by humanrefutation » Tue Feb 6, 2024 4:49 pm

Prez wrote:I want Giannis terrorizing teams as a help defender. We can throw him on usually mediocre off the dribble 3PT shooting wings (like Jimmy) but I don’t really see the point in reducing his help defense impact and having him chase around star perimeter players that can really shoot, especially around screens.

The point is well taken and yes, I don't need him chasing these guys all game or even most possessions. But when an opponent is cooking - ala Jimmy last year - Giannis has to step up and lock them down. Even just a few possessions of him forcing the ball out of that player's hands could make the difference in a tight playoff match up.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,684

Post#63 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Feb 6, 2024 4:51 pm

engelmartin wrote:So we're basically forced to keep our own pick this year because we can't trade it since it's a swap with NOP? The last few years there's been some pretty good players in that 28-36 range.

If we hang onto two picks in that range I think there's a good chance we get someone useful. In just the last 3 years these guys have all been in that range: Marcus Sasser, Jovic, Nembhard, Bones Hyland, Quentin Grimes, Herb Jones, Ayo Dosumnu, Quickley, Pritchard, Desmond Bane.

Couple real gems in there. It's a shame we're destined to trade every pick we're allowed to trade.
Bones sucks but yeah if you cherry pick success stories from the 20-40 range there are some good players.

But it's still like 80-90% chance a pick in that range is more Marjon level than Bane.

If you're a contender and have the opotto get a known contributor by trading a late first I would do it every time.

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,994

Post#64 » by Turk Nowitzki » Tue Feb 6, 2024 4:51 pm

The Wet Whistle wrote:If Pat, Bobby, Payne for Grant Williams, Josh Green is on the table id probably take it. Ideally swinging Grant over to Brooklyn along with MarJon and our two trade able seconds for DFS

I'd call that in immediately if it was on the table.
BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,216

Post#65 » by BigO » Tue Feb 6, 2024 4:59 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:We basically played without a Center for almost the entire 2021-22 season, unless you wanna count those hodgepodge 10-15 minutes of Boogie, Greg Monroe, and washed Ibaka. I really don't know why people freak out about losing back-up Center minutes. It's the easiest thing to replace in this league. RoLo, calling up Wenyen Gabriel, and just going smaller more often will all do in a pinch.

I "and one" by mistake. The Bucks defense went to 15th in the league that season because Brook was out the entire regular season. Part of that was Bud playing the drop without a center, but he still has a purpose.
mlloyd10
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#66 » by mlloyd10 » Tue Feb 6, 2024 5:01 pm

Today has been quite on all fronts
BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,216

Post#67 » by BigO » Tue Feb 6, 2024 5:08 pm

Memo to Horst:

If you're reading comments on this board, please ignore them. The vast majority of these posters are trying to spam this board by proposing trades that only help the other teams they support, not the Bucks.

I've been around basketball for almost four score. Here's what you can do to help the team. Get one or two elite switchable defenders, whose forte is guarding guards. Caruso, Dunn and Thybulle are legit. The rest of the proposals here are not legit and don't deserve your attention or anyone else's attention. Thanks John.
Isocleas2
Veteran
And1: 513

Post#68 » by Isocleas2 » Tue Feb 6, 2024 5:19 pm

engelmartin wrote:Royce O'Neal should be the guy if he's available. He's the best of both worlds.

His trade cost is reasonable, shoots the 3 well and plays good defense. He's my pick too.
ReddRum
Veteran
And1: 465
Location: Waiting for a superstar to awaken the city of Milwaukee

Post#69 » by ReddRum » Tue Feb 6, 2024 5:19 pm

BigO wrote:Memo to Horst:

If you're reading comments on this board, please ignore them. The vast majority of these posters are trying spam this board by proposing trades that only help the other teams they support, not the Bucks.

I've been around basketball for almost four score. Here's what you can do to help the team. Get one or two elite switchable defenders, whose forte is guarding guards. Caruso, Dunn and Thybulle are legit. The rest of the proposals here are not legit and don't deserve your attention or anyone else's attention. Thanks. John.

I mean I can't argue with that as long as we can get 2 of the 3...?
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:Big baby ass Derozan tosses the ball in the stands and gets and gets his sorry a-- tossed. Cross him off our list of players to target.

Ejected with only two games left in your season.What immature nut...Grow up and just play.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,153

Post#70 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Tue Feb 6, 2024 5:20 pm

I really need to figure out how to opt out of all these stupid alerts. Some how I get "WI Sports Heroics" alerts and i just got an alert that says "Milwaukee Bucks Acquire Dejounte Murray for Bobby Portis, 2 others and picks....", I do a dance, tell my wife I love her and then I click the expand button and it says "....in Proposed Trade"
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,154

Post#71 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Feb 6, 2024 5:22 pm

We know Horst isn't afraid to make trades, he's made plenty of them. Like every GM in every sport, not all of them have worked out. But he's definitely working the phones. Unlike in the past, leaks no longer come from the team.

That said, I'm not going to freak out if no moves are made. No "Stupid Horst" or "why didn't he DO something". It takes 2 (or more) teams to make a trade and virtually every team has more tradeable assets than we do. We may be simply outbid.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,977

Post#72 » by jschligs » Tue Feb 6, 2024 5:24 pm

Horst is a silent assassin. Nobody knows anything about his moves and then BAM. Trade.
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,994

Post#73 » by Turk Nowitzki » Tue Feb 6, 2024 5:31 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:We know Horst isn't afraid to make trades, he's made plenty of them. Like every GM in every sport, not all of them have worked out. But he's definitely working the phones. Unlike in the past, leaks no longer come from the team.

That said, I'm not going to freak out if no moves are made. No "Stupid Horst" or "why didn't he DO something". It takes 2 (or more) teams to make a trade and virtually every team has more tradeable assets than we do. We may be simply outbid.

Agree that we might not be able to pull off a move of significance (whatever that means) but I'll be pretty surprised if the deadline passes and we've made zero transactions whatsoever.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,153

Post#74 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Tue Feb 6, 2024 5:33 pm

humanrefutation wrote:
Prez wrote:I want Giannis terrorizing teams as a help defender. We can throw him on usually mediocre off the dribble 3PT shooting wings (like Jimmy) but I don’t really see the point in reducing his help defense impact and having him chase around star perimeter players that can really shoot, especially around screens.

The point is well taken and yes, I don't need him chasing these guys all game or even most possessions. But when an opponent is cooking - ala Jimmy last year - Giannis has to step up and lock them down. Even just a few possessions of him forcing the ball out of that player's hands could make the difference in a tight playoff match up.

I do wonder though, is Giannis a 1-1 shut down defender. I honestly don't know at this point where there are some guys who seem to blow by him. He seems better as someone clogging the lane or helping. I think he would've done a better job on Butler, but I'm not positive of that...especially when injured.
MiltownHawkeye
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,418

Post#75 » by MiltownHawkeye » Tue Feb 6, 2024 5:34 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:We know Horst isn't afraid to make trades, he's made plenty of them. Like every GM in every sport, not all of them have worked out. But he's definitely working the phones. Unlike in the past, leaks no longer come from the team.

Yeah he's probably kicked the tires on virtually every trade proposed here.
Free Chuck Diesel

Fire Steve Novak
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,648

Post#76 » by Profound23 » Tue Feb 6, 2024 5:37 pm

jschligs wrote:Horst is a silent assassin. Nobody knows anything about his moves and then BAM. Trade.

You heard it here first, reported by Jschligs. Brook and Pat C. for Bam.
aboveAverage
RealGM
And1: 2,611

Post#77 » by aboveAverage » Tue Feb 6, 2024 5:41 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:We basically played without a Center for almost the entire 2021-22 season, unless you wanna count those hodgepodge 10-15 minutes of Boogie, Greg Monroe, and washed Ibaka. I really don't know why people freak out about losing back-up Center minutes. It's the easiest thing to replace in this league. RoLo, calling up Wenyen Gabriel, and just going smaller more often will all do in a pinch.

Yeah, we did. And we looked horrible on defense until Brook came back. No thanks to that.
jimmybones
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,778

Post#78 » by jimmybones » Tue Feb 6, 2024 5:43 pm

I'm hoping as much as anyone that Horst can pull some upgrade out of his ass but I just don't see how our crap leads to not crap.

I don't want to make a trade just out of discomfort of not feeling good enough right now if it limits our options in the off-season giving us even fewer assets. I'd rather go into the off-season with as many assets as possible to do something of significance.

If you think you're a PJ trade away then of course you sacrifice the assets. Unless we can fleece someone for a serious talent upgrade I don't buy that this mythical POA defender is going to come in and save the day. Bottom line is I think this teams only shot is Dame going on an absolute heater and Giannis going god mode. If those two things happen at the same time we have a chance and if they don't we aren't going anywhere, with or without Caruso or DFS or whatever marginal upgrade makes you feel excited enough to blow limited assets on.

Go big or stand pat and re-tool in the offseason with full disposal of limited "assets."
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,195

Post#79 » by Ron Swanson » Tue Feb 6, 2024 5:44 pm

aboveAverage wrote:

Yeah, we did. And we looked horrible on defense until Brook came back. No thanks to that.

You guys seem to be confusing the intent of this post. You're losing Bobby in this situation, not Brook.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,311

Post#80 » by humanrefutation » Tue Feb 6, 2024 5:52 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:

I do wonder though, is Giannis a 1-1 shut down defender. I honestly don't know at this point where there are some guys who seem to blow by him. He seems better as someone clogging the lane or helping. I think he would've done a better job on Butler, but I'm not positive of that...especially when injured.

He's got enough length to bother anyone. We saw him clamp down Butler back during the title run. Butler was on fire throughout the playoffs, and Giannis was injured, so there isn't much to say about last season. But assuming he's healthy, even if guys blow by him, he has enough length to meaningfully catch up and contest.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks