ImageImage

PG Heat: Loss

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,772

Re: PG Heat: Loss 

Post#61 » by JayMKE » Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:34 am

The Dame experiment should only last 1 season, pull the rip cord before we’re paying him like 60M a season for an even worse player. We could only wish for that Miami package. Whether he was really never actually that good or if he’s dogging it because he wants to be in Miami doesn’t matter to us, I don’t care about anything he did in Portland. The offense isn’t even special or dynamic, the switch of all switches would have to be flipped in the playoffs.
FREE GIANNIS
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,991

Post#62 » by Badgerlander » Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:00 pm

We still can’t stop dribble penetration and it sends our defense scrambling every single time.
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,702

Post#63 » by StickeeFingaz » Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:05 pm

This game really pissed me off. I want to hold out hope that this team can do something special and they’re really, really testing me.
#FreeChuckDiesel
PG Graveyard
General Manager
And1: 4,627

Post#64 » by PG Graveyard » Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:28 pm

James1980 wrote:But he was fine in Portland until last year.

Much different circumstances in Portland last year. Entire season was a Dame chuck and grift fest. Now he gets the Milwaukee whistle and he can’t shoot anymore and lost a step.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,218

Post#65 » by theFireBlanket » Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:30 pm

Lillard shooting about the same as /worse than Jrue from 3 on the season if you factor in likelihood of lowering percentage on more attempts.

2.9 attempts for 34% to Jrue's 2.1 at 44%. :blank:
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
dbrodz7
Sixth Man
And1: 1,273

Post#66 » by dbrodz7 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:55 pm

rilamann wrote:Watching Dame playing basketball in a Bucks uniform reminds me of a guy who is being reluctantly dragged to a theater by his wife or girlfriend to watch a chick flick. He'll go, but he doesn't really want to be there and it's obvious that his head and his heart isn't into it.

I said it the 1st week of November and I will say it again now almost 4 months later. Dame's problem is he doesn't want to be here. I also don't think Dame is a guy who is serious about winning a championship, he says he is and he talks a big game, but his actions speak a lot louder than his words.

Dame was hell bent on going to Miami because he was about to get a divorce and he wanted to go party and bang models.

But he ended up in Milwaukee.

This isn't that hard to figure out.

I don't think Dame is consciously thinking I'm going to shoot 7-26 and give 0 effort on defense because I would rather be partying Miami.

But his head and his heart just isn't into it, it's obvious. It was obvious to me by the 1st week of November.

Even last summer, long before there was any thought of Dame being traded to the Bucks, I thought it was actually really odd that Dame was so hell bent on being traded to Miami and no where else. I could see Miami being on a list, but why only Miami?

Obviously, I know why now.

The only hope is that maybe Dame at least sucks it up and actually plays like Dame in the playoffs. I doubt it though.

You guys are aware that Miami has been to the finals twice in the last few years and have the best coach in the league right? I don’t think he only wanted to go to Miami to f*ck hot women, he can do that anywhere including MKE.
Misery loves company
PG Graveyard
General Manager

Post#67 » by PG Graveyard » Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:41 pm

dbrodz7 wrote:
rilamann wrote:Watching Dame playing basketball in a Bucks uniform reminds me of a guy who is being reluctantly dragged to a theater by his wife or girlfriend to watch a chick flick. He'll go, but he doesn't really want to be there and it's obvious that his head and his heart isn't into it.

I said it the 1st week of November and I will say it again now almost 4 months later. Dame's problem is he doesn't want to be here. I also don't think Dame is a guy who is serious about winning a championship, he says he is and he talks a big game, but his actions speak a lot louder than his words.

Dame was hell bent on going to Miami because he was about to get a divorce and he wanted to go party and bang models.

But he ended up in Milwaukee.

This isn't that hard to figure out.

I don't think Dame is consciously thinking I'm going to shoot 7-26 and give 0 effort on defense because I would rather be partying Miami.

But his head and his heart just isn't into it, it's obvious. It was obvious to me by the 1st week of November.

Even last summer, long before there was any thought of Dame being traded to the Bucks, I thought it was actually really odd that Dame was so hell bent on being traded to Miami and no where else. I could see Miami being on a list, but why only Miami?

Obviously, I know why now.

The only hope is that maybe Dame at least sucks it up and actually plays like Dame in the playoffs. I doubt it though.

You guys are aware that Miami has been to the finals twice in the last few years and have the best coach in the league right? I don’t think he only wanted to go to Miami to f*ck hot women, he can do that anywhere including MKE.

It doesn’t change the fact that he has sucked for us.

That’s why Miami wasn’t offering much for him. They knew he was an overrated player. I wouldn’t give up Jacquez or Jovic for him either.
pifhluk23
Sixth Man
And1: 908

Post#68 » by pifhluk23 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:57 pm

Dame is above career avg on 2p% Ft% and lowest turnovers of his career. It's really just his 3 point shot that has everyone claiming he's washed etc. I think it's an overreaction and no one can make any claim on him until the playoffs are over. Like I said earlier he just needs a bit more elevation on his 3s when he's missing, idk if that's tired legs or disinterested legs or what but I'm confident he'll be there when we need him.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,113

Post#69 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:16 pm

we traded our identity this offseason when we dumped our fantastic championship level coach and our tough nosed wonderful starting backcourt for offensively high upside chucker types that cant take a punch. from stotts quiting, to griff, to now doc mid season the coaching situation has been a **** show along with it. the whole championship thing is not teetering..... its at the bottom of the cliff already.

so for me.....there hasnt been a single moment since the middle of the summer that i was practically expecting a championship caliber season so this comes as no surprise.

my advice is to join chill island with me until the playoffs and maybe we can get a FTD kind of run with what we have. it wont be the kind of basketball that makes us proud but maybe everybody gets hot at the right time and we can make some noise. theres no gaurantee we can beat teams built well that play the right way but that doesnt mean we cant have some fun with the last few years of giannis playing several playoff rounds each year. were gonna be a solid enough playoff team regardless and that in itself can be enjoyable with the right mentality as a fan

basically... embrace the "is what it is" and maybe we can have some fun. thats what im trying to say here
ABucksFan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,430

Post#70 » by ABucksFan » Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:19 pm

After beating DEN I wanted to give Doc an extension. After last night, I'm ready to move on and eat the contract.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,767

Post#71 » by chonestown » Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:21 pm

ABucksFan wrote:After beating DEN I wanted to give Doc an extension. After last night, I'm ready to move on and eat the contract.

More games coming, plenty of time too swing back and fourth.imo
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,648

Post#72 » by Profound23 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:23 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:I'm not worried. Our guys just need to find a way to get younger and more athletic before the playoffs.

As do I.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,648

Post#73 » by Profound23 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:24 pm

I don't care, we are winning the championship.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,113

Post#74 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:26 pm

Profound23 wrote:I don't care, we are winning the championship.

were likely to finish 2nd or 3rd in the division and even be on the road for the first round with a soft weak minded team. reset your expectations or it could be painful for you
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,976

Post#75 » by jschligs » Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:28 pm

We just got done with an absolutely incredible win over Denver. Surely we busted our load then and were just gassed, coupled with the Heat completely on fire. It's whatever.

That said, I do agree on Dame. My leash has shortened to almost non-existent. He needs to be better or we will be 2nd round exit. I have confidence in the other players doing what they do, but Dame concerns me.
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,615

Post#76 » by Frank Nova » Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:30 pm

Is anyone else noticing the team bypassing Dame to initiate the offense or is it just me? I seen so many times last night in the 1st half that when we get defensive rebounds and Dame calls for the ball to start leading the break, the rebounder immediately defers to Giannis. And then Dame just kind of moseys his way up the court…. Is this an actual issue or am I over thinking it? It’s not like I don’t want the ball in Giannis’ hands initiating the break but I think it’s hurting Dames confidence at times. He’s a rhythm player and it’s hard to get into rhythm when the team is taking the ball out of his hands constantly…. Idk, just an observation I made that I’ve been noticing quite a bit lately but especially last night.
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
ABucksFan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,430

Post#77 » by ABucksFan » Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:33 pm

Frank Nova wrote:Is anyone else noticing the team bypassing Dame to initiate the offense or is it just me? I seen so many times last night in the 1st half that when we get defensive rebounds and Dame calls for the ball to start leading the break, the rebounder immediately defers to Giannis. And then Dame just kind of moseys his way up the court…. Is this an actual issue or am I over thinking it? It’s not like I don’t want the ball in Giannis’ hands initiating the break but I think it’s hurting Dames confidence at times. He’s a rhythm player and it’s hard to get into rhythm when the team is taking the ball out of his hands constantly…. Idk, just an observation I made that I’ve been noticing quite a bit lately but especially last night.

No, I see it all the time. He's clearly calling or wanting the ball to push, but guys just dont give it to him, it's kind of infuriating.
randy84
RealGM
And1: 6,434

Post#78 » by randy84 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:33 pm

Bucks didn’t get Dame for the regular season. They got him for the playoffs. I will pass judgment on him after the playoffs.
jimmybones
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,778

Post#79 » by jimmybones » Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:42 pm

:sigh: so what can we get for dame in the offseason?
PG Graveyard
General Manager

Post#80 » by PG Graveyard » Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:47 pm

Frank Nova wrote:Is anyone else noticing the team bypassing Dame to initiate the offense or is it just me? I seen so many times last night in the 1st half that when we get defensive rebounds and Dame calls for the ball to start leading the break, the rebounder immediately defers to Giannis. And then Dame just kind of moseys his way up the court…. Is this an actual issue or am I over thinking it? It’s not like I don’t want the ball in Giannis’ hands initiating the break but I think it’s hurting Dames confidence at times. He’s a rhythm player and it’s hard to get into rhythm when the team is taking the ball out of his hands constantly…. Idk, just an observation I made that I’ve been noticing quite a bit lately but especially last night.

We should always give the ball to Giannis on the break rather than the overrated chucker. This is an easy call

Return to Milwaukee Bucks