ImageImage

PG Sixers: Who needs a Nurse when you’ve got a Doc

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,809

Re: PG Sixers: Who needs a Nurse when you’ve got a Doc 

Post#61 » by ShootingtheJ » Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:48 pm

Dame has really defended well the last 2 games. I'll need someone to explain how this is him sending a cryptic message about his desire to be in Miami?
BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,216

Post#62 » by BigO » Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:09 pm

Daver wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
MiltownMadness wrote:It's possible because Grayson commonly drove to the rim and Beasley never does anything besides spot-up shoot, it's pretty obvious

Allen didn't shoot to his potential here, like many players under Bud. Bud's rare practice schedule definitely hurt our shooters.

Correct me if im wrong i also thought unlike beas that allen wasnt aggressive at all on shooting 3s cant tell you how many times i read game threads from posters saying wtf allen shot it your wide open or seeing a atat like with grayson taking only 5 shots all game

He didn't take a lot of shots, which is based on two things, in my view:

1) He has a slow release. Maybe he has improved that, but his relatively low volume this season would make that doubtful

2) He played alongside Jrue here, as opposed to Booker, Durant, Beal and other shooters in Phoenix.

I think the poster who said Allen was inconsequential here is probably the right take. He probably would have gotten off more threes on this Bucks team, but not as many as Beasley, who just has a quicker release.
Daver
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,054

Post#63 » by Daver » Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:12 pm

BigO wrote:
Daver wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
Allen didn't shoot to his potential here, like many players under Bud. Bud's rare practice schedule definitely hurt our shooters.

Correct me if im wrong i also thought unlike beas that allen wasnt aggressive at all on shooting 3s cant tell you how many times i read game threads from posters saying wtf allen shot it your wide open or seeing a atat like with grayson taking only 5 shots all game

1) He has a slow release. Maybe he has improved that, but his relatively low volume this season would make that doubtful

2) He played alongside Jrue here, as opposed to Booker, Durant, Beal and other shooters in Phoenix.

I think the poster who said Allen was inconsequential here is probably the right take. He probably would have gotten off more threes on this Bucks team, but not as many as Beasley, who just has a quicker release.

Agree about beas release arnt many that has a release as quick as he has.I think hes a good fit a good teamate no issues in locker room players all love him.
Think theres any chance he will be back.Hes a really good fit with dame n mids
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,005

Post#64 » by soxperry » Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:25 pm

well, the entire team looks better with a competent head coach, and that includes Beasley. i think Malik is well on his way to another 10M per year contract after this season.
ShootingtheJ
General Manager

Post#65 » by ShootingtheJ » Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:34 pm

Daver wrote:
BigO wrote:
Daver wrote:

Agree about beas release arnt many that has a release as quick as he has.I think hes a good fit a good teamate no issues in locker room players all love him.
Think theres any chance he will be back.Hes a really good fit with dame n mids

He remains a terrible fit because the right player in that spot would be a defender. Also, there's zero reason to bring him back because of AJ Green.
randy84
RealGM
And1: 6,434

Post#66 » by randy84 » Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:41 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
Daver wrote:Hwllo shootingtheJ where are you.Hmmm you seem be vanish when your hate mam beas has a +25 n goes 6-8 from 3

You want me to bring up that he got worked by Edwards and Maxey the last 2 games?

Two NBA All Stars. Let's keep it real, they light up everybody. Also, I was at that Wolves game. Edwards wasn't great. Beas did a decent job.

I'm not sure holding Maxey under his season average is technically "getting worked".
Daver
Lead Assistant

Post#67 » by Daver » Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:42 pm

soxperry wrote:well, the entire team looks better with a competent head coach, and that includes Beasley. i think Malik is well on his way to another 10M per year contract after this season.

If you were horst and not shootingtheJ would you try n bring him back just cause you have green doesnt mean theres no room for beas.
Daver
Lead Assistant

Post#68 » by Daver » Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:43 pm

randy84 wrote:
SupremeHustle wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
You want me to bring up that he got worked by Edwards and Maxey the last 2 games?

Two NBA All Stars. Let's keep it real, they light up everybody. Also, I was at that Wolves game. Edwards wasn't great. Beas did a decent job.

I'm not sure holding Maxey under his season average is technically "getting worked".

If a guy scores 2 points shootingthej would say beas got worked lol.Edwards was 8-25 what was wrong with beas on him that night
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,311

Post#69 » by humanrefutation » Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:45 pm

Shaffty wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:This is a mediocre Sixers team without Embiid. Still, after that debacle in Memphis, it was important to get off to a good start post ASB. Great win in Minnesota followed by taking care of business in Philly. Can't complain.

they just beat the cavs last game

Anything can happen on any given night. Memphis beat us. That doesn't mean that they're good.

Philly is closer to a play-in team than a contender without Embiid.
Daver
Lead Assistant

Post#70 » by Daver » Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:46 pm

Maxey was 8-19 n 3-8 from 3 im.sure alot of quality D first shooting guards would love to hold maxey to that.But beas does n 1 poster says he got worked.Think beas dated his girlfriend or something dude has so much hate for him
ShootingtheJ
General Manager

Post#71 » by ShootingtheJ » Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:49 pm

Daver wrote:
randy84 wrote:
SupremeHustle wrote:

If a guy scores 2 points shootingthej would say beas got worked lol.Edwards was 8-25 what was wrong with beas on him that night

Edwards scored 28, and the misses came against Crowder.

Also, Edwards was not 8-25.
ShootingtheJ
General Manager

Post#72 » by ShootingtheJ » Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:51 pm

Daver wrote:Maxey was 8-19 n 3-8 from 3 im.sure alot of quality D first shooting guards would love to hold maxey to that.But beas does n 1 poster says he got worked.Think beas dated his girlfriend or something dude has so much hate for him

So no one ever holds Maxey to his average or below it?

That seems statistically impossible.

I'm shocked anyone would assert the Beas is anything but the weak link to our defense.
tedbrogen
Analyst
And1: 2,828

Post#73 » by tedbrogen » Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:52 pm

MiltownMadness wrote:
BigO wrote:
ReddoverKobe wrote:Greyson Allen leading the NBA in 3 pt %. 49%, just saw that during the suns game

In terms of a three point shooter, I'd take Beasley over Allen every day. The reason?

Beasley has over 100 more three point attempts than Allen, despite playing fewer minutes. Allen has a slow release and Beasley gets it off quickly. So I'll take a somewhat lower percentage and higher volume.

What's baffling is that Beasley has only 25 free throw attempts for the entire season. I'm not sure how that's possible. Grayson Allen has 4 times that many.

It's possible because Grayson commonly drove to the rim and Beasley never does anything besides spot-up shoot, it's pretty obvious

Grayson does attack close outs and in the regular season sometimes draws fouls or scores off that. He was making a clear effort in the regular season last year to attack the rim on close outs and seemed to be getting better at it. Once he faces better defenses in the playoffs, he gets completely shut down on attacking close outs and struggles to get his slow release off.
Daver
Lead Assistant

Post#74 » by Daver » Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:58 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
Daver wrote:
randy84 wrote:I'm not sure holding Maxey under his season average is technically "getting worked".

Edwards scored 28, and the misses came against Crowder.

Also, Edwards was not 8-25.

Omfg 10-27 n 4-12 from 3....so beas allowed edwards to make 8 shots crowdwr n ONLY crowder made edwards miss 27 wtf ypu fu... serious
Daver
Lead Assistant

Post#75 » by Daver » Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:59 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
Daver wrote:Maxey was 8-19 n 3-8 from 3 im.sure alot of quality D first shooting guards would love to hold maxey to that.But beas does n 1 poster says he got worked.Think beas dated his girlfriend or something dude has so much hate for him

I'm shocked anyone would assert the Beas is anything but the weak link to our defense.

No one ever said he was great on D either is midds or dame our weak link on D was AG not beas
tedbrogen
Analyst

Post#76 » by tedbrogen » Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:01 pm

Beas is a weak link on D. He does give max effort and with the right communicators telling him where to be and right rim protection behind him, he’s very playable because he’s a very good and very high volume shooter. Offensively he is the perfect compliment to the Dame/Giannis. You want guys off ball who can quickly get off their shot when open and make it and take it with no hesitation to punish the D for trying to help. He does just that so you play him as much as you can get away with it.

I can’t stress enough that anyone off ball from Dame/Giannis that hesitates to shoot at all is a massive issue because it gives the D an out on their rotations when they help. Even if a guy is struggling to hit or isn’t super high percentage, taking the open shot quickly and decisively is important. It was the main driver behind Bud saying “let it fly.” If a guy is missing a bunch of open looks, that’s on the coach to put someone out there who will hit them.
ShootingtheJ
General Manager

Post#77 » by ShootingtheJ » Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:02 pm

Daver wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:

No one ever said he was great on D either is midds or dame our weak link on D was AG not beas

Stats show shooters still miss when shooting over Mids. Despite his lack of speed he remains a competitive defender.
tedbrogen
Analyst

Post#78 » by tedbrogen » Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:08 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
Daver wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:

Not sure how anyone can watch the games and think he’s a bad overall defender. He knows how to use his length and is very smart about knowing where to be and how to get in the passing lanes.

He’s probably below average now in ISO D because he’s lost a ton of lateral quickness with all the injuries (pre-Achilles Midds was an advanced stat darling on D) but with Giannis and Brook behind him, that’s not a huge deal.

Stats show shooters still miss when shooting over Mids. Despite his lack of speed he remains a competitive defender.

This. He’s a smart defender who knows where to be and how to use his length despite being very slow laterally at this point in his career.
MissKhriddleton
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,192

Post#79 » by MissKhriddleton » Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:11 pm

20-2 when Dame shoots 45% or better.

17-0 when Dame shoots 50% or better.
Magic Giannison
RealGM
And1: 27,054

Post#80 » by Magic Giannison » Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:14 pm

Thats was fun watching the game at EU friendly time.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks