ImageImage

PG Lakers: ****

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,194

Re: PG Lakers: **** 

Post#61 » by Ron Swanson » Sat Mar 9, 2024 5:48 am

Bev was getting torched by D-Lo all game too. Everyone was. He was hitting every stupid contested 3 and 16-foot running floater so I'm not buying that the defense on him was a problem. Dame just can't be this awful on 3-4 straight possessions to end the game. Brutal.
fan230
Analyst
And1: 1,322

Post#62 » by fan230 » Sat Mar 9, 2024 5:48 am

V depressing loss.

Many reasons but our 3point shooting needs to be better. Much better. Dame 4 out 12 was the primary culprit here. Also 0 of 4 Portis.

We desperately need Khris back.

We again badly need to avoid getting 4 th position in the East so as to avoid meeting the Celtics in the second round. Cavs won today.

Maybe Giannis should try more 3 s, how much worse can he be?

Dame is a v good player but this Dame time childishness is beyond anything. Everyone in the Lakers knew that Dame would try a 3, and they blocked it.
Balls2TheWalls
RealGM
And1: 3,635

Post#63 » by Balls2TheWalls » Sat Mar 9, 2024 5:48 am

blazza18 wrote:I am perfectly fine living and dying with Dame taking the last shot but man he is really struggling to create separation and if he does he's driving into one of Giannis or Brook or fumbling his dribble or passing it into a tight window. The man needs to get better or we're ****.

100%. It doesn't matter how many games we win in the regular season if Dame is still playing like this come playoffs.
SupremeHustle wrote:Salmons might shoot us out of games, but SJAX shoots people out of parking lots. Think about it.
BJ Sandered
Starter
And1: 1,803

Post#64 » by BJ Sandered » Sat Mar 9, 2024 5:49 am

kanyon wrote:I only got the see the last 5 mins. For LA's/Russell's last shot... Why not sub Dame out for someone better at D? Why not put Pat Bev in there? Because when the Bucks get then ball back--we still have a TO and Dame can come back in for offense. I was thinking this as they had the TO before their last play.... Why not put in a Defensive specialty squad (ESP for Lillard).

I am not a smart man. This seems pretty elementary and Russell cooked Dame predictably.

Me and my brother were watching the game late and I said the same thing to him regarding that possession.
Baddy Chuck wrote:Some heroes wear headbands instead of capes.
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 5,038

Post#65 » by Plossum » Sat Mar 9, 2024 5:49 am

fansinceforever wrote:Coaching can bring improvement but there's no escaping that the roster just isn't it.

This is it. The cattle just isn’t good enough. I mean some of the coaching calls could be better but if we can’t contain DLo what chance do we have against Boston?
#LockUpChuck
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,761

Post#66 » by msiris » Sat Mar 9, 2024 5:50 am

blazza18 wrote:Also the fact that we have no one who can even make Russell work for shots on nights like tonight is such a massive issue. Wait until we're playing stars with the season on the line. Jon Horst will pay for his crimes.
Bev?????
Ride the tank
ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,807

Post#67 » by ShootingtheJ » Sat Mar 9, 2024 5:50 am

msiris wrote:D down the **** again. Dsme is a **** defender. Why he was defending Russell down the stretch is beyond me.Bev should have been on him.

DLo already cooked Beas, so we switched to Dame. No idea why Bev didn't close despite a bad game. What did Beas do to deserve to close?
Balls2TheWalls
RealGM

Post#68 » by Balls2TheWalls » Sat Mar 9, 2024 5:50 am

I will say, the last possession was inevitable. Dinwiddie had been getting away with insane contact at the top of the key all night; he was not going to get called for any fouls if Dame actually tried to go to the rack. He overplayed the jumper because he had no fear of getting called for a foul. A good coach would have noticed and had him use a pick.
SupremeHustle wrote:Salmons might shoot us out of games, but SJAX shoots people out of parking lots. Think about it.
yb90
Pro Prospect
And1: 259

Post#69 » by yb90 » Sat Mar 9, 2024 5:51 am

kanyon wrote:I only got the see the last 5 mins. For LA's/Russell's last shot... Why not sub Dame out for someone better at D? Why not put Pat Bev in there? Because when the Bucks get then ball back--we still have a TO and Dame can come back in for offense. I was thinking this as they had the TO before their last play.... Why not put in a Defensive specialty squad (ESP for Lillard).

I am not a smart man. This seems pretty elementary and Russell cooked Dame predictably.

Sub Dame out like Ham did for Russell? Why because Doc makes bad decisions and Russell was cooking everyone.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,412

Post#70 » by rilamann » Sat Mar 9, 2024 5:52 am

I know if the Celtics lost by 40 to the Warriors and then followed it up the very next game by losing to the Lakers without LeBron, I would be calling them frauds too.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
kanyon
Junior
And1: 232

Post#71 » by kanyon » Sat Mar 9, 2024 5:53 am

Maybe even put in AJJ... He's taller and annoying and if he fouls it's actually not the worst thing in the world. I dunno.

(I know AJJ is not some panacea and is very flawed but we all know that not only is Dame bad at D, he's SHORT)
yb90
Pro Prospect

Post#72 » by yb90 » Sat Mar 9, 2024 5:54 am

One positive, I liked a lot of Giannis' screens in the second half.
fan230
Analyst
And1: 1,322

Post#73 » by fan230 » Sat Mar 9, 2024 5:54 am

Let’s stop swooning over Dame Time. Also let’s stop putting Khris down because he is hurt or tends to get hurt. We need Khris very badly; both on offense and defense.
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,761

Post#74 » by msiris » Sat Mar 9, 2024 5:55 am

blazza18 wrote:I am perfectly fine living and dying with Dame taking the last shot but man he is really struggling to create separation and if he does he's driving into one of Giannis or Brook or fumbling his dribble or passing it into a tight window. The man needs to get better or we're ****.
I have complained about Dames shot selection before but Dame is Dame. Ahhhhh.
Ride the tank
Brewhoopfan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,949

Post#75 » by Brewhoopfan » Sat Mar 9, 2024 5:56 am

How many games has Dame been the best guard on the floor? I feel hornswoggled, hoodwinked, and bamboozled.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,912

Post#76 » by blazza18 » Sat Mar 9, 2024 5:57 am

Three starters were +10 or better. They still **** the bed tonight but it works. Once Midds comes back we need to sort out the rest of the rotation because the second quarter Giannis save us lineup is where we lost the game again. (not blaming Giannis)
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
yb90
Pro Prospect

Post#77 » by yb90 » Sat Mar 9, 2024 5:59 am

kanyon wrote:Maybe even put in AJJ... He's taller and annoying and if he fouls it's actually not the worst thing in the world. I dunno.

(I know AJJ is not some panacea and is very flawed but we all know that not only is Dame bad at D, he's SHORT)

Pulling the plug on Ajax was a dumb move. He needed minutes to develop. Heck, I'd would have even taken AJ Green because he is stronger and plays better fundamental one on one defense. While on ball defense is great DLO still gets 5-6 ft of room because of Lopez being glued to the restricted area.
Balls2TheWalls
RealGM

Post#78 » by Balls2TheWalls » Sat Mar 9, 2024 5:59 am

fan230 wrote:Let’s stop swooning over Dame Time. Also let’s stop putting Khris down because he is hurt or tends to get hurt. We need Khris very badly; both on offense and defense.

Or, let's stop swooning over Dame Time and accept that Khris is an older player with a penchant for staying hurt for long periods and then needing time to get back into rhythm (especially defensively). We need both of them playing like themselves to have a shot at the championship. Our team looks *old and slow*.
kanyon
Junior
And1: 232

Post#79 » by kanyon » Sat Mar 9, 2024 5:59 am

Brewhoopfan wrote:How many games has Dame been the best guard on the floor? I feel hornswoggled, hoodwinked, and bamboozled.

I haven't felt like this about a bucks guard since I bit on a John Salmons jab step
DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,775

Post#80 » by DanoMac » Sat Mar 9, 2024 6:00 am

Hope they learn from it. That’s all I got

Return to Milwaukee Bucks