ImageImage

PG Memphis: Still Old, Slow, Disinterested, Pathetic

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,390

Re: PG Memphis: Still Old, Slow, Disinterested, Pathetic 

Post#61 » by RiotPunch » Thu Apr 4, 2024 3:06 am

paulpressey25 wrote:Are there still people who don’t think Bud was a top five coach?

Giannis didn't, so does it really even matter?
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,695

Post#62 » by BroncoBuck » Thu Apr 4, 2024 3:12 am

stillgotgame wrote:
BigO wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:Are there still people who don’t think Bud was a top five coach?

Ya, I don't.

I just don't get the comments about the coaching. If you're going to lay the blame on Doc, then tell me what he should have done differently. At least when I criticized Bud, I tried to be as specific as I could.

Was it Docs fault that except for Giannis there was not one player on the starting five who can attack the basket?

Is it his fault that the Bucks have one of the slowest teams in the league?

Yes it's Doc's fault. We were 3rd in the league in pace before he got here. We're 15th since he started coaching.
https://www.nba.com/stats/teams/advanced?DateFrom=09/08/2023&DateTo=01/28/2024&dir=A&sort=PACE
https://www.nba.com/stats/teams/advanced?DateFrom=01/29/2024&DateTo=04/05/2024&dir=A&sort=PACE

He doesn't play the young guys. It's our only way to develop more talent. It also gives them experience so they're ready when veterans need rest. Griffin played AJJ and Marjon regularly and still had a 30-13 record. That's 100% on Doc.

Our defense isn't any better. We're 23th in defensive rating over the last 15 games. Only in 3 games previously he coached against the Hornets did our defense look good.
https://www.nba.com/stats/teams/advanced?DateFrom=01/29/2024&DateTo=04/05/2024&LastNGames=15&dir=A&sort=DEF_RATING

And this is all happening before the playoffs, where Doc's history truly sucks.
Read on Twitter
?s=20

AJax is terrible. I know he has a following because he’s the new toy, but even Prunty came in and immediately benched him. His only value was picking guys up at half court, but he was constantly getting lost on rotations which completely nullified that.

Marjon is my most disappointing Bucks player this year outside of Dame. I thought Marjon could become a top 8 rotation player, but he hasn’t. He’s one of those guys that are too good for the G League, but not good enough to play real minutes in the NBA. I’m not expecting a big jump in year 3, and I doubt he’s even on the roster next season.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,406

Post#63 » by rilamann » Thu Apr 4, 2024 3:13 am

Saying that Giannis shouldn't have played after you lost is pretty weak.

Sounds like a convenient excuse after you just lost back to back games in April against tanking teams.

And no one would jump on an excuse quicker to take the heat off of himself than Doc would.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,875

Post#64 » by VooDoo7 » Thu Apr 4, 2024 3:17 am

blazza18 wrote:Can't imagine the medical staff messing up on this one but still makes me nervous seeing Giannis grab at his hamstring over and over.

Read on Twitter

Like I said, whether people wanna believe it or not, Giannis listens to his coaches/medical staff. If they tell him he's sitting, he's sitting.
randy84
RealGM
And1: 6,425

Post#65 » by randy84 » Thu Apr 4, 2024 3:25 am

StickeeFingaz wrote:Team seems better when Giannis sits vs when Dame sits.

Underrated post.
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,965

Post#66 » by stellation » Thu Apr 4, 2024 3:25 am

I avoided scores, rearranged my work day so I could watch this whilst eating a late lunch. I've just finished. It wasn't a lot of effort to coordinate, a couple of reschedules and really the avoiding scores helped me focus on work. I still feel like it was more effort than a couple of fellas put in today.
#FreeChuckDiesel
MissKhriddleton
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,192

Post#67 » by MissKhriddleton » Thu Apr 4, 2024 3:35 am

We’re fine.
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,710

Post#68 » by SupremeHustle » Thu Apr 4, 2024 3:38 am

Holy Nuts, they lost?! WT actual F? LOL! Fuggin YIKES!
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
mediocrityrules
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,037

Post#69 » by mediocrityrules » Thu Apr 4, 2024 3:39 am

I don't understand how this team has become so unlikeable in one season. I've never felt so little towards this team since just over 10 years ago when we were stuck on the treadmill as a 35-38 win team. We're second in the East right now, and I feel as little for this mess as I did back around 2013. I mean, in the billboard days we all cared enough to actually do something about it. This time around i think we all just have total apathy for this team.
Circling calendars since 2021
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,529

Post#70 » by GoldenAntlers » Thu Apr 4, 2024 3:40 am

blazza18 wrote:
BroncoBuck wrote:The one thing I keep going back to is how dumb it was to bring back Brook when the Rockets sign and trade was there for the taking. The Bucks had the perfect out (a disappointing playoff loss and a team looking to throw money around). It wasn’t a situation where you were losing the salary slot, you could retain it through the S&T.

Not only that but we brought Brook back knowing full well the coach we just hired didn't want to use him the same way he'd been used the last 5 seasons. Another incredible loss for Jon Horst.
And hired Robin.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
stillgotgame
Analyst
And1: 1,977

Post#71 » by stillgotgame » Thu Apr 4, 2024 3:40 am

BroncoBuck wrote:
stillgotgame wrote:
BigO wrote:

Ya, I don't.

I just don't get the comments about the coaching. If you're going to lay the blame on Doc, then tell me what he should have done differently. At least when I criticized Bud, I tried to be as specific as I could.

Was it Docs fault that except for Giannis there was not one player on the starting five who can attack the basket?

Is it his fault that the Bucks have one of the slowest teams in the league?

Yes it's Doc's fault. We were 3rd in the league in pace before he got here. We're 15th since he started coaching.
https://www.nba.com/stats/teams/advanced?DateFrom=09/08/2023&DateTo=01/28/2024&dir=A&sort=PACE
https://www.nba.com/stats/teams/advanced?DateFrom=01/29/2024&DateTo=04/05/2024&dir=A&sort=PACE

He doesn't play the young guys. It's our only way to develop more talent. It also gives them experience so they're ready when veterans need rest. Griffin played AJJ and Marjon regularly and still had a 30-13 record. That's 100% on Doc.

Our defense isn't any better. We're 23th in defensive rating over the last 15 games. Only in 3 games previously he coached against the Hornets did our defense look good.
https://www.nba.com/stats/teams/advanced?DateFrom=01/29/2024&DateTo=04/05/2024&LastNGames=15&dir=A&sort=DEF_RATING

Read on Twitter
?s=20

AJax is terrible. I know he has a following because he’s the new toy, but even Prunty came in and immediately benched him. His only value was picking guys up at half court, but he was constantly getting lost on rotations which completely nullified that.

Marjon is my most disappointing Bucks player this year outside of Dame. I thought Marjon could become a top 8 rotation player, but he hasn’t. He’s one of those guys that are too good for the G League, but not good enough to play real minutes in the NBA. I’m not expecting a big jump in year 3, and I doubt he’s even on the roster next season.

Marjon played 544 minutes while Griff was here. AJJ played 430 minutes. We were 30-13 while they averaged 12 minutes and 10 minutes a game. Yes, neither guy was good, but the team was better. More energy, more pace, more defensive intensity, more rest for veterans. Most importantly, more upside. During the regular season is when teams develop young talent.
This team has no upside bringing in 35 year old Pat Bev and 35 year old Danilo off the bench.

https://www.espn.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/4432179/marjon-beauchamp
https://www.espn.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/4432190/andre-jackson-jr
mediocrityrules
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,037

Post#72 » by mediocrityrules » Thu Apr 4, 2024 3:41 am

I also would have swapped the minutes for Beas and Green. Give Beas 21 minutes, and give AJ the 35 minutes.
Circling calendars since 2021
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,514

Post#73 » by HKPackFan » Thu Apr 4, 2024 3:42 am

More AJ green!
#FreeChuckDiesel
jimmybones
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,778

Post#74 » by jimmybones » Thu Apr 4, 2024 4:03 am

Honestly thankful for knowing this team is not **** prior to the playoffs instead of getting my hopes up
fan230
Analyst
And1: 1,318

Post#75 » by fan230 » Thu Apr 4, 2024 4:18 am

blazza18 wrote:Jon Horst created this mess.

Yes in many ways he did but not in all cases.

Should not have fired Bud; that was the fundamental mistake. He probably thought that his own seat would otherwise get too hot.

Trading Jrue and Grayson and getting Dame and Beas in return, looks like quite a mistake in retrospect but seemed ok then.

Horst should not have traded Khris as we know the team would have got a much lower quality player instead, because of nba salary rules. I am presuming the case was either similar for Brook or more likely there was nobody even comparable to Brook that we could have got at that point in time.
fan230
Analyst

Post#76 » by fan230 » Thu Apr 4, 2024 4:20 am

rilamann wrote:Saying that Giannis shouldn't have played after you lost is pretty weak.

Sounds like a convenient excuse after you just lost back to back games in April against tanking teams.

And no one would jump on an excuse quicker to take the heat off of himself than Doc would.

Doc said he wanted to take Giannis out in the 3rd quarter but the medical team said he was ok to play. Doc said I wish I had taken him out.
fan230
Analyst

Post#77 » by fan230 » Thu Apr 4, 2024 4:24 am

RiotPunch wrote:

Giannis didn't, so does it really even matter?

The only related comment that Giannis made was by replying Yes when asked by the press, would you have wanted to defend Butler.
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,802

Post#78 » by Ayt » Thu Apr 4, 2024 4:26 am

Is there any point in watching this team anymore?
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,695

Post#79 » by BroncoBuck » Thu Apr 4, 2024 4:33 am

stillgotgame wrote:
BroncoBuck wrote:
stillgotgame wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Marjon played 544 minutes while Griff was here. AJJ played 430 minutes. We were 30-13 while they averaged 12 minutes and 10 minutes a game. Yes, neither guy was good, but the team was better. More energy, more pace, more defensive intensity, more rest for veterans. Most importantly, more upside. During the regular season is when teams develop young talent.
This team has no upside bringing in 35 year old Pat Bev and 35 year old Danilo off the bench.

https://www.espn.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/4432179/marjon-beauchamp
https://www.espn.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/4432190/andre-jackson-jr

The team wasn’t better, the team was healthier and playing the easiest schedule in the league. Pat Bev is such a massive upgrade over AJax it’s absurd to argue otherwise, he’s a legitimate spot starter while AJax is a borderline NBA player. The pace stuff has always been nonsense, the Bucks were the worst transition defense in the NBA. That’s just not sustainable and it showed when they played other teams who wanted to play that up and down pace like Boston and Indiana.

This team needed to learn how to play half court basketball on both ends of the floor, because that is what the playoffs boils down to every year. That’s what they are trying to do right now while playing with a triage unit and it’s ugly, but they were looking great prior to the Lakers game collapse. Dame and Giannis aren’t going to be gifted trips to the free throw line anymore, the refs are officiating this back half of the season like the playoffs (except for the aforementioned Lakers).
RogerMurdock
Analyst
And1: 6,639

Post#80 » by RogerMurdock » Thu Apr 4, 2024 4:51 am

stillgotgame wrote:Marjon played 544 minutes while Griff was here. AJJ played 430 minutes. We were 30-13 while they averaged 12 minutes and 10 minutes a game. Yes, neither guy was good, but the team was better. More energy, more pace, more defensive intensity, more rest for veterans. Most importantly, more upside. During the regular season is when teams develop young talent.

There's not more upside because AJJ and Marjon aren't good NBA players.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks