ImageImage

Post Game Bucks/Heat

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,273

Post#61 » by LUKE23 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:32 am

Nowak008 wrote:Yi had a very quiet but solid stat line.

21 mins:

10 points on 57% /7 rbs/2 ast/3 stl/ and a block. He does a little bit of everything.

That's a very nice line in only 21 minutes. I thought he deserved a few more tonight, although Bell/Simmons/CV were effective.
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#62 » by europa » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:33 am

Simulack wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

When was the last time you could say something like that regarding Redd?

I thought Redd's defense on Wade was pretty darn good in the first half. He was working very hard on the defensive end. He just didn't play well offensively because the Heat were determined not to let him get going. They focused their defensive attention on him as every other defense in the league does. The big difference tonight is "the others" as McGlocklin would say stepped up and had big games. The Bucks won this game in my opinion because three of their worst players this season (Villanueva, Simmons and Bell) all stepped up and played well when Redd was being shut down. If that had happened more often this season, maybe the Bucks' record wouldn't be so terrible right now.
Nothing will not break me.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,198

Post#63 » by midranger » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:34 am

europa wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I thought Redd's defense on Wade was pretty darn good in the first half. He was working very hard on the defensive end. He just didn't play well offensively because the Heat were determined not to let him get going. They focused their defensive attention on him as every other defense in the league does. The big difference tonight is "the others" as McGlocklin would say stepped up and had big games. The Bucks won this game in my opinion because three of their worst players this season (Villanueva, Simmons and Bell) all stepped up and played well when Redd was being shut down. If that had happened more often this season, maybe the Bucks' record wouldn't be so terrible right now.

You realize that we doubled Wade every possession of the 1st half and it lead to a ton of open shots. When we let Redd go 1 on 1 with wade, he was thoroughly destroyed.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#64 » by paul » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:34 am

Let's not get into trade discussions and stay down on this team, lets just enjoy the win, no matter who it was against. Mo was outstanding, Bogut played hard and really sparked the team early, Bobby and Bell both played they're best games of the year imo, CV was also solid and along with bobby could have had more minutes.

Also i suspect we'll hear soon that Redd picked up an injury, but if not i'm incredibly happy with how LK handled that. The team was playing well (and redd wasn't particularly), wasn't forcing shots and bell was doing a good job in the 2 so he stayed with it. I kept waiting for Redd to come back in and shoot us out of it.

A nice win against struggling opposition, but we'll take it, particularly because of the improved energy. BTW I thought Bogut definitely got that Quinn block, as well as a piece of a few more, no idea what happened with the stats, seems bizzare.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,349

Post#65 » by Baddy Chuck » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:35 am

YAY WE WIN!!! WE NO LONGER HAVE TO TRADE EVERYBODY!
europa
RealGM

Post#66 » by europa » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:36 am

midranger wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

You realize that we doubled Wade every possession of the 1st half and it lead to a ton of open shots. When we let Redd go 1 on 1 with wade, he was thoroughly destroyed.

Wade didn't get going until the second half and I think a lot of that was because Redd was playing hard against him defensively. Wade eventually got going because he's Wade and he's pretty damn good (even if he isn't close to 100 percent), but I still thought Redd was working hard on him defensively in the first half.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,412

Post#67 » by rilamann » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:36 am

midranger wrote:Just checking, when are Mo's stats meaningful?

When he puts up those stats in meaningful games.

Ok maybe thats a bit mean and I don't realy want to be mean to Mo haha,Mo has been pretty solid i'll give him some credit but lets not overrate him.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
jeremyd236
General Manager
And1: 16

Post#68 » by jeremyd236 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:37 am

I thought we were going to lose by at least 25? What happened tonight guys?
showtimesam
Veteran
And1: 32

Post#69 » by showtimesam » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:38 am

I also thought redd really gave a good effort on wade during the game. He was really in wades face, but wade made some very tough shots in that third quarter.
midranger
RealGM

Post#70 » by midranger » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:38 am

Wade didn't get going until the second half and I think a lot of that was because Redd was playing hard against him defensively. Wade eventually got going because he's Wade and he's pretty damn good (even if he isn't close to 100 percent), but I still thought Redd was working hard on him defensively in the first half.

Redd may have been giving effort on Wade in the first, but he got help on literally every possession. Wade had 6 assists at half time passing out of the high double team. In the third, the Bucks allowed Redd to guard Wade by himself. The result was Wade destroyed Redd and sat his ass on the bench.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,388

Post#71 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:39 am

LUKE23 wrote:-= Good points. I just think he plays more team ball than Redd, is more coachable than Redd, and is obviously younger with a better contract. When looking at our backcourt the two need to be compared because one of them has to be moved. For me it's Redd 20 times out of 20.

That's a good summary....I agree with it.......I'd say for me it's trade Redd about 15 out of 20 times.....
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
europa
RealGM

Post#72 » by europa » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:39 am

jeremyd236 wrote:I thought we were going to lose by at least 25? What happened tonight guys?

The effort was great and for one of the first times all season somebody other than Redd, Mo or Bogut played well.

I also thought redd really gave a good effort on wade during the game. He was really in wades face, but wade made some very tough shots in that third quarter.

That was my take on it too. You're not going to stop Wade. He's too damn good. But I did think Redd was working hard defensively. I think he deserves credit for the work he did in the first half. Overall, he didn't play a good game, though, and I think Krystkowiak made the right call sitting him for the entire fourth quarter.
midranger
RealGM

Post#73 » by midranger » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:41 am

And lets call Redd sitting out the 4th what it was. He was benched. And rightfully so. At the time that he left, Wade had made his last 4 shots in Redd's face and Redd had missed 6 consecutive shots with a TO, with several of them being horrendously forced.

His ass was benched. He deserved it. The team rose above and won.
Comet
Veteran
And1: 8

Post#74 » by Comet » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:41 am

jeremyd236 wrote:I thought we were going to lose by at least 25? What happened tonight guys?

Redd's role was limited and everyone around him (even Charlie Bell and Bobby Simmons) thrived. Thus we won.
Debit One
Starter
And1: 87

Post#75 » by Debit One » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:42 am

paulpressey25 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

That's a good summary....I agree with it.......I'd say for me it's trade Redd about 15 out of 20 times.....

I'd be happy it we could just get him traded once. :-)
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#76 » by Newz » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:43 am

Honestly, why do you even try to defend Redd anymore?

He's the new Terry Stotts of the message board... Everything is his fault. It's his fault that we pay Simmons, Bell, Gadzuric and Mason their salaries... And it's fault that they have all played at a D-League level this season.

It's all Redd's fault we aren't a good defensive team, it's his fault that we aren't a great rebounding team and heck... It's his fault that we aren't a amazing offensive team as well.

It's his fault that our former first pick turned out to be an average player instead of a great one. It's his fault Yi isn't already as good as Dirk, since he is 'stunting his growth by being so selfish'.

He is a selfish, greedy bastard who would rather pad his scoring and stats than win. (Even though his scoring has gone down and his others have gone up?) Hell, rumor has it Redd actually goes home at night and plots how to make the Bucks lose.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,388

Post#77 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:44 am

Europa, I agree the bench such as CV and Bell played well, but the Heat scrubs they played against looked awful. Haslem for example looks like a lot better player when he's got Shaq and Wade in their primes next to him.

The question I've got is whether or not these performances by everyone continue against better players and teams. Or whether you use a game like this to see if it gets a guy like Riley excited about your players to make a deal.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
europa
RealGM

Post#78 » by europa » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:44 am

midranger wrote:And lets call Redd sitting out the 4th what it was. He was benched. And rightfully so. At the time that he left, Wade had made his last 4 shots in Redd's face and Redd had missed 6 consecutive shots with a TO, with several of them being horrendously forced.

His ass was benched. He deserved it. The team rose above and won.

I think it's clear that any time your starter doesn't play the entire fourth quarter and a backup of far lesser talent is playing in his stead, he's being benched. Just like Mo was benched earlier in the season when his play stunk up the joint, Redd was benched tonight. I'm fine with that and it's what I've said Krystkowiak needs to do. If your top guys aren't playing well, sit them and find another option. The good news is tonight, a bunch of other options stepped up. Like I said, if this had happened more often this season, maybe the Bucks wouldn't be so terrible.
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#79 » by paul » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:46 am

[quote="LukePliska"][/quote]

Damn didn't think it had got that bad yet Luke, but i would love for us just to enjoy one win without talking about trading someone. Imagine if we had of lost tonight?
Simulack
RealGM
And1: 4

Post#80 » by Simulack » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:47 am

The bench played significantly better tonight, no doubt. But we shouldn't forget that Davis was torching Simmons for a while there.

11/7 in 18 is great for Bobby considering he has been utter **** this year but his positive contributions were partly balanced out by getting abused on D.

Still, the fact that he had ANY positive contribution is more than we can say about most of his games this year.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks