ImageImage

NY Post Says: Jefferson Not Happy about Trade

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,649

Re: NY Post Says: Jefferson Not Happy about Trade 

Post#61 » by Profound23 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:23 pm

I am shocked I have not read a Richard Jefferson/Herb Kohl joke yet. It is so easy I won't even do it.

Anyways, I heard he hates being called RJ.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#62 » by EastSideBucksFan » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:24 pm

Just to point out (and I know we should stop talking about it but) RJ was engaged to a former Nets cheerleader last summer. I've read nothing to say that they were actually married though.

http://www.mediatakeout.com/7188/exclus ... ancer.html

Thats all I'll say, if anyone wants to know more a simple google search will provide plenty of info for both sides of the argument.
L&H_05
RealGM
And1: 94

Post#63 » by L&H_05 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:28 pm

This thread is gold....
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,445

Post#64 » by trwi7 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:28 pm

MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:I like Richard Jefferson but dont bring no jackass :eyebrows:

Best use of eyebrows ever.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,445

Post#65 » by trwi7 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:36 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Have we heard from Bobby or Yi yet?

Does anybody really care what Bobby thinks? We already know Yi is happy. Have you seen that huge lake right next to New Jersey? Way bigger than Lake Michigan.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
TheGhostDog
Senior
And1: 2

Post#66 » by TheGhostDog » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:39 pm

Personally I am worried that the reason there's no plan for a press conference announcing RJ is because Jefferson is trying to arrange a presidential veto of the trade...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKN_EoF_Qnk&NR=1
Johnny Newman
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#67 » by Johnny Newman » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:39 pm

All players hate unexpected trades. They have to change there mailing address. Sell there house or buyout there lease. Move family and there kids have to change schools. Then get use to a new city and neighborhoods and get use to new owner and coaches and teamates.
BuckFan25226
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,020

Post#68 » by BuckFan25226 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:12 pm

GrandAdmiralDan wrote:
adamcz wrote:GAD do you have a real source on that

Yes.
But I don't really want to discuss that particular subject here, for a number of reasons, so you'll have to excuse me for not elaborating.

carmelbrownqueen wrote:We already know how Yi feels.. The kid has on his shades and is waiting to go kick it at the 40/40 Club with Jay-Z. Bobby wanted to be traded during the season, and although he was happy Kryskowiak is gone and perhaps was happy with the hiring of Skiles.. I doubt he is losing sleep over being traded. The only one probably cursing about this deal from a Bucks standpoint is CV. He would have loved to be moved closer to home and not have to "possibly" face playing basketball the right way under a coach that will definitely bench him for his laziness.

The only issue I can see Simmons having is not being in such close proximity to his family in Chicago. That was part of the appeal for him when he chose to sign here, and that factored in to his getting a 15% trade kicker. He wanted there to be something that lessened the likelihood of him being traded away without his consent.

BuckFan25226 wrote:If people aren't mature enough to handle that

Unfortunately plenty of people are not.
I figured by not being specific that it might not register with our least intelligent readers who would be the most likely to be immature about it. I figured the vast and overwhelming majority of people here would figure out what was being referred to and would likewise leave it alone.

I don't know, I just prefer to be more reserved when discussing certain aspects of someone's life if they choose to keep it private or are not explicitly open about it.
There was already a comment about it, followed by a query about that comment, before I said anything, and I attempted to steer us away from that topic, but that didn't really work I guess ;)

Dan, the way you put it, it's blatantly obvious what you were referring to. So I figured I would just say it 8-)

But it seems MD wants the topic about his personal life to come to a end, which is fine.

With that being said, I'm excited he's a Buck!
"didnt you watch the game with the raptors?bucks is also a playoff team ,they have enough ability to find wins from dalas and utach,
blow jazzs bitches and mavericks bitches out !"

- yiyiyi
MetroDrugUnit
Sixth Man
And1: 46

Post#69 » by MetroDrugUnit » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:25 pm

The thing that pisses me off the most is that the person that is probably happiest of all in this deal is Yi. I don't hate the guy but after the crap he pulled last year is would be nice to have seen him go to Utah or well, I can't think of anywhere worse then Utah for him to go. As for Jefferson, as previously stated I would't get too worried until he says hes not showing up to camp. I'd be pissed to if I learned I was coming here too. once he sees the Domes it'll be all good
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,283

Post#70 » by xTitan » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:02 pm

I can say with absolute certainty that Yi is not nearly as bad as people make him out to be...Yi enjoyed his Milwaukee stay, from what I have heard he is not the club guy and felt very comfortable in a smaller market (although he hated the cold like everyone else), everything is being controlled by the chinese govt and some of his people back there. I will also say this deal HAD to be made and it didn't have anything to do with Yi himself.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#71 » by EastSideBucksFan » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:11 pm

xTitan wrote:I can say with absolute certainty that Yi is not nearly as bad as people make him out to be...Yi enjoyed his Milwaukee stay, from what I have heard he is not the club guy and felt very comfortable in a smaller market (although he hated the cold like everyone else), everything is being controlled by the chinese govt and some of his people back there. I will also say this deal HAD to be made and it didn't have anything to do with Yi himself.

So, I'm going to infer from this that Yi's people (Fegan and Chinese Govt) basically told the Bucks there was no chance he would resign here so it would be wise for the Bucks to move him now while we could still bank on his "potential" instead of in two years when the book will definitely be out on him and we could wind up getting nothing close to a Richard Jefferson level talent for him.

Meh, it is what it is.

I"m glad Hammond acted decisively and moved forward while refusing to let this franchise be held hostage by Yi and his circus.
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,283

Post#72 » by xTitan » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:16 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:
xTitan wrote:I can say with absolute certainty that Yi is not nearly as bad as people make him out to be...Yi enjoyed his Milwaukee stay, from what I have heard he is not the club guy and felt very comfortable in a smaller market (although he hated the cold like everyone else), everything is being controlled by the chinese govt and some of his people back there. I will also say this deal HAD to be made and it didn't have anything to do with Yi himself.

So, I'm going to infer from this that Yi's people (Fegan and Chinese Govt) basically told the Bucks there was no chance he would resign here so it would be wise for the Bucks to move him now while we could still bank on his "potential" instead of in two years when the book will definitely be out on him and we could wind up getting nothing close to a Richard Jefferson level talent for him.

Meh, it is what it is.

I"m glad Hammond acted decisively and moved forward while refusing to let this franchise be held hostage by Yi and his circus.

Oh it's complicated, but the Chinese were involved and that might be the major reason he was dealt.
fam3381
General Manager
And1: 172

Post#73 » by fam3381 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:21 pm

Yeah, I hope Yi isn't booed when the Nets are in town next year. Yi worked hard when he was here and when all was said and done he helped us bring in a very good small forward. Best of luck to him as far as I'm concerned--and hopefully one day he gets to make all his decisions for himself.
Retired Bucks blogger. Occasional Bucks podcaster.
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#74 » by europa » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:22 pm

Sounds like the major reason he was dealt was because the Nets didn't want Villanueva or the combination of Villanueva and a protected future first. They wanted Yi.
Nothing will not break me.
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#75 » by carmelbrownqueen » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:25 pm

xTitan is right Yi seemed very comfortable in his environment and was not behind any trade requests.. My fear for Yi is that Fegan and the rest of his representatives will continue their strong arm tactics on teams within the NBA whenever they don't agree with one thing or the other which will ultimately result in organizations eventually pulling away from him no matter how hard he plays or how good he is. Yi isn't a jerk or anything but he definitely has a contingency of jerks around him.
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,419

Post#76 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:33 pm

I think those guys know they have to cash in with a major metro market before Yi turns into Wang Zhi Zhi. It isn't just the Bucks that have to act quick on "potential". They do as well.
steger_3434
RealGM
And1: 5,481

Post#77 » by steger_3434 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:39 pm

Maybe someone can come up with an example of a player doing this, but I can't remember for the life of me a time in the NBA when a player was traded to a team and was so pissed off that they held out or didn't report. Even GP hated coming here and from day one didn't have any intention to stay, but I believe he tried his hardest while being here.

I fully expected RJ to not like the trade. What is there to like? We're a smaller city, with a worse team and worse players. Our big attraction is Redd. Do other NBA guys really hope to be able to play with Redd?

Once he's here and gets accustomed to things everything will be fine.
yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !
MetroDrugUnit
Sixth Man
And1: 46

Post#78 » by MetroDrugUnit » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:43 pm

Terrell Brandon was probably the closest. That guy was a real piece of work and although I know very little about RJ I'd like to think he is a professional and will realize that playing basketball for a living in Milwaukee, WI isn't so bad at 13 million a year. He's got more reasons then T.O. to be happy
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM
And1: 172

Post#79 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:45 pm

Wise1 wrote:Richard undoubtedly was quite comfortable in the New York / New Jersey area. He lives a unique lifestyle and now will, by distance, be cut off from his circle of trust.

GAD wrote:Yes.
But I don't really want to discuss that particular subject here, for a number of reasons, so you'll have to excuse me for not elaborating.

xTitan wrote:Oh it's complicated, but the Chinese were involved and that might be the major reason he was dealt.

carmelbrownqueen wrote:xTitan is right Yi seemed very comfortable in his environment and was not behind any trade requests..

This message board is going down the toilet. Mickey Davis, I'm looking at you.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,282

Post#80 » by LUKE23 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:49 pm

Why? It's up to you what you want to believe and what you don't want to believe based on what is being said and who is saying it. If you are asking for people to reveal their sources just to prove to you (an anonymous person) that the information is real, you're going to be holding your breath.

This kind of thing happens on every big traffic public forum out there.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks