Hell yeah go Beer Leopards

Read on Twitter
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,743

Re: Around The League 

Post#622 » by CharityStripe34 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:34 pm

Don't care who we draw Round 1. If this team can't advance past the first round it was never meant to be. Bucks top two lineups are still *checks notes* either the best or second best in the NBA. With increased minutes they can beat anyone. We shall see.
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
tsamo
Junior
And1: 212

Post#623 » by tsamo » Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:48 pm

CharityStripe34 wrote:Don't care who we draw Round 1. If this team can't advance past the first round it was never meant to be. Bucks top two lineups are still *checks notes* either the best or second best in the NBA. With increased minutes they can beat anyone. We shall see.

Yup.
Exactly where I am.
Someone could say the hardest road is best as to ready us for the later rounds.

Ps. Listening to an nba podcast as I was typing this and the talk shifted to the MVP award.

Giannis is really blackballed by the media, isn't he?

Names talked about in order of likelyhood: Jokic(fair enough), SGA(should be first imo but whatever), Luka(hard disagree over Giannis currently but I can see it) and then Tatum, Edwards,l and Kawhi...

Giannis was not even mentioned!!
Am I taking crazy pills over here? Am I a fanatic homer? WTF?!
CharityStripe34
General Manager

Post#624 » by CharityStripe34 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:00 pm

Luka being mentioned above Giannis is ridiculous. It's the same in 2021 when Steph had a great individual season, but the Warriors were an 8th seed and eliminated in the Play-In by the baby Grizzlies. Giannis had another really good season but the narrative-drivers were done voting for him for MVP until he'd lead the Bucks to a Finals. IMO, he should not have finished below second in any of the last three seasons.

Most of the voters get total boners with a lot of the advanced metrics and the "He carried a crap team to the playoffs!!" I don't mind SGA or Jokic to be 1 and 2, but Giannis is easily #3 and could be argued as #2. He's been that awesome.
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,284

Post#625 » by DingleJerry » Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:02 pm

CharityStripe34 wrote:Don't care who we draw Round 1. If this team can't advance past the first round it was never meant to be. Bucks top two lineups are still *checks notes* either the best or second best in the NBA. With increased minutes they can beat anyone. We shall see.

Right, they should beat every team except Boston. So its on them if they don't, no matter who it is. I'd say the thing to care about most is getting the 2/3 so no Boston until the ECF. Maybe you get lucky and they get knocked off. Plus just increased your chances of going longer, being entertained longer etc. If you make the ECF even if you lose to a team as good as Bos it still feels like you didn't 'choke' or whatever you want to call it. Lose in the first or second round and its an early exit, ecf its a 'deep run'.

So, they're 3 up on NYK now for that which is pretty comfortable this late. After that its get the 2 for HCA in 2nd round, only 1 up on that race.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
Dick Tate
Veteran
And1: 1,922

Post#626 » by Dick Tate » Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:12 pm

Profound23 wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:Ah yes, another ranting lecture about how we're all not SCARED ENOUGH of Miami.

:roll:

I mean we should be scared of everyone, but we can also beat anyone.

If you can beat anyone, there's no reason to be scared of anyone.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 37,009

Post#627 » by emunney » Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:38 pm

Jokic and Giannis are the top tier of the league and the only player who's close is the mythical "healthy Embiid". The only arguments for other players rely on the sorts of voting process traditions that would give the award to Tatum.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,649

Post#628 » by Profound23 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:09 pm

emunney wrote:Jokic and Giannis are the top tier of the league and the only player who's close is the mythical "healthy Embiid". The only arguments for other players rely on the sorts of voting process traditions that would give the award to Tatum.

Soon it will be Wemby, alone in that top tier.
emunney
RealGM

Post#629 » by emunney » Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:56 pm

Profound23 wrote:
emunney wrote:Jokic and Giannis are the top tier of the league and the only player who's close is the mythical "healthy Embiid". The only arguments for other players rely on the sorts of voting process traditions that would give the award to Tatum.

Soon it will be Wemby, alone in that top tier.

Could very well be. But not yet.
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 5,042

Post#630 » by Plossum » Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:04 am

Do people really get scared about playoff matchups?

I mean it’s a basketball game. Yeah Miami can def beat us. But life will go on if it happens.
#LockUpChuck
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,166

Post#631 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:15 am

Plossum wrote:Do people really get scared about playoff matchups?

I mean it’s a basketball game. Yeah Miami can def beat us. But life will go on if it happens.

No one is "scared". Some matchups are better for us than others. That's a normal discussion on a basketball board. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
FlagsFlyForever
General Manager
And1: 5,284

Post#632 » by FlagsFlyForever » Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:50 am

Profound23 wrote:I mean we should be scared of everyone, but we can also beat anyone.

There are several teams that can beat us but Miami isn't one of them.
Read on Twitter
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,392

Post#633 » by RiotPunch » Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:25 am

FlagsFlyForever wrote:
Profound23 wrote:I mean we should be scared of everyone, but we can also beat anyone.

There are several teams that can beat us but Miami isn't one of them.

#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,156

Post#634 » by Matches Malone » Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:38 am

Read on Twitter
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
0BobLobLaw0
Starter
And1: 2,022

Post#635 » by 0BobLobLaw0 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:35 am

Matches Malone wrote:
Read on Twitter

Remember that one possession on defense where he switched like hell and looked like the DPOY?

Good times.
Why should you go to jail for a crime someone else noticed? You don't need double talk... You need Bob Loblaw.
CharityStripe34
General Manager

Post#636 » by CharityStripe34 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:56 pm

Shaq just said on some podcast, and I agree, that the best Finals would be Denver/Milwaukee. We get the two best players alive gunning for the crown to break the "2 MVPs, Finals MVP" tie.
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,495

Post#637 » by KidA24 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:31 pm

0BobLobLaw0 wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
Read on Twitter

Remember that one possession on defense where he switched like hell and looked like the DPOY?

Good times.

And now, looking back, it was like that moment....

Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,166

Post#638 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:41 pm

I assumed that tweet was from a few years ago.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
emunney
RealGM

Post#639 » by emunney » Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:49 pm

CharityStripe34 wrote:

Shaq just said on some podcast, and I agree, that the best Finals would be Denver/Milwaukee. We get the two best players alive gunning for the crown to break the "2 MVPs, Finals MVP" tie.

Absolutely, apart from their own teams, everybody in the country should be rooting for this.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,153

Post#640 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:28 pm

Someone posted Christan Wood will continue his stretch of never playing in a playoff game. Yeah, 85% of that is not his fault, but it is kind of a good description of his career.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks