Around The League - Bill Walton passes from cancer at 71

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

drone3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,546

Re: Around The League - Vogel Out and Bud in with Suns 

Post#721 » by drone3 » Tue May 14, 2024 4:32 am

blazza18 wrote:
KidA24 wrote:That end of quarter running 3 by Giddey was so close to missing the backboard and maybe injuring a fan

He has no confidence at all. Series has been a bit of a reality check for him.
Playoffs is a different animal especially with the return of physical D
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,496

Post#722 » by KidA24 » Tue May 14, 2024 5:15 am

Well, TNT just closed down the night with random animals visiting the set
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,224

Post#723 » by theFireBlanket » Tue May 14, 2024 7:57 am

drone3 wrote:
blazza18 wrote:
KidA24 wrote:That end of quarter running 3 by Giddey was so close to missing the backboard and maybe injuring a fan

He has no confidence at all. Series has been a bit of a reality check for him.
Playoffs is a different animal especially with the return of physical D

Can't find it but swear the Mavs got away with a clear path foul where hitting an OKC player in transition led to ruling the ball out of bounds.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,005

Post#724 » by soxperry » Tue May 14, 2024 10:49 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:I get that they have time and assets for everybody still but OKC really needed to cash in some this deadline.

I have a feeling they feel that a Giannis or Embiid opportunity could be on the horizon sooner than later. I dont blame them for wanting to keep the powder dry, especially when the core is still so young.
thomchatt3rton
Head Coach
And1: 2,235

Post#725 » by thomchatt3rton » Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

Boy, CLE really lost that game in the 3rd—went through a stretch where they didn’t work to get good shots, and that was all BOS needed to build they lead they eventually won with.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,971

Post#726 » by tydett » Tue May 14, 2024 12:07 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:I get that they have time and assets for everybody still but OKC really needed to cash in some this deadline.

Sorta like when they went to the Finals against the Heatles. Everyone just assumed they'd be back because young, but getting to the Finals is really **** hard and no chance should ever be taken for granted.
theFireBlanket
RealGM

Post#727 » by theFireBlanket » Tue May 14, 2024 1:41 pm

"Just call them the Golden State Warrior Women!" - BS

theFireBlanket
RealGM

Post#728 » by theFireBlanket » Tue May 14, 2024 1:44 pm

thomchatt3rton wrote:Boy, CLE really lost that game in the 3rd—went through a stretch where they didn’t work to get good shots, and that was all BOS needed to build they lead they eventually won with.

Sounds like game 2 wrt bad shot selection.

thomchatt3rton
Head Coach

Post#729 » by thomchatt3rton » Tue May 14, 2024 2:28 pm

theFireBlanket wrote:
thomchatt3rton wrote:Boy, CLE really lost that game in the 3rd—went through a stretch where they didn’t work to get good shots, and that was all BOS needed to build they lead they eventually won with.

Game 2 of pacers/bucks I assume?

It’s crazy how one stretch basically doomed CLE. It wasn’t that BOS was necessarily playing better D, CLE just lost their focus or something. Otherwise they played well enough to win.

theFireBlanket
RealGM

Post#730 » by theFireBlanket » Tue May 14, 2024 2:41 pm

thomchatt3rton wrote:
theFireBlanket wrote:

It’s crazy how one stretch basically doomed CLE. It wasn’t that BOS was necessarily playing better D, CLE just lost their focus or something. Otherwise they played well enough to win.

My bad, I meant game 3, their last match. In essence it seems endemic for their team. Mitchell (g3), Garland & Levert putting up out of sync/rhythm shots.

They could've ran it through Mitchell more & fared better. He had shots going. But they were sloppy as a unit.

Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,197

Post#731 » by Ron Swanson » Tue May 14, 2024 2:56 pm

This OKC/Dallas series is perfect for pumping up Brook/Bobby's value. Win or lose, Chet getting rag-dolled on the boards is making both those dudes look like awfully attractive trade pieces.
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,713

Post#732 » by SupremeHustle » Tue May 14, 2024 3:18 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:This OKC/Dallas series is perfect for pumping up Brook/Bobby's value. Win or lose, Chet getting rag-dolled on the boards is making both those dudes look like awfully attractive trade pieces.

Brook Lopez averaged 4.3 rebounds in the playoffs while the team's best rebounder watched in street clothes. Meanwhile, Turner averaged 7.2 rebs and Siakam averaged 8.8.

Portis did all he could, though. I just think Brook is cooked.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
thomchatt3rton
Head Coach

Post#733 » by thomchatt3rton » Tue May 14, 2024 3:21 pm

theFireBlanket wrote:
thomchatt3rton wrote:
theFireBlanket wrote:

My bad, I meant game 3, their last match. In essence it seems endemic for their team. Mitchell (g3), Garland & Levert putting up out of sync/rhythm shots.

They could've ran it through Mitchell more & fared better. He had shots going. But they were sloppy as a unit.

Yep game 3 was what I just watched (I’ve been dvring every game, watching them 1-2 days later, and not looking at scores in the interim so im behind and not up to date).

It just sucks for CLE—short handed and still played well enough to steal one from a superior team, but for a 5 minute stretch couldn’t be arsed to work for a good shot, instead yoloing unset 3s. And that was it.

paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,405

Post#734 » by paulpressey25 » Tue May 14, 2024 3:50 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:This OKC/Dallas series is perfect for pumping up Brook/Bobby's value. Win or lose, Chet getting rag-dolled on the boards is making both those dudes look like awfully attractive trade pieces.

Cue astronaut meme - Always has been.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
machu46
RealGM
And1: 3,724

Post#735 » by machu46 » Tue May 14, 2024 4:09 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:

Brook Lopez averaged 4.3 rebounds in the playoffs while the team's best rebounder watched in street clothes. Meanwhile, Turner averaged 7.2 rebs and Siakam averaged 8.8.

Basically every team Brook has played on every year of his career has rebounded better when he's on the floor, including this season. His ability to box out would make it so much easier for the rest of the team to grab rebounds. The issue for Brook is he won't get to any long rebounds off missed 3's but OKC has the motor and athleticism to get those. I think he'd be a great fit there personally if there's a trade package that we would be happy to take in return.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,645

Post#736 » by Bernman » Tue May 14, 2024 4:13 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:

Brook actually inflates the rebounding totals of his teammates because he does a good job of blocking out & then his partners can go chase. Almost his entire career his teams have out-rebounded opponents & his squad's other units.

The year before Brook arrived, Giannis averaged 10 rebounds, then went on to put up 12.5 & 13.6 in significantly < minutes.

As for Bobby, he posted his 2 career highs in Milwaukee, & in the playoff series w/out Giannis he put up well into double-figures, even though he was getting beaten to a lot of rebounds by the eye test.

So I think Brook has a role here in continuing to do that, and protecting the rim. It just should be as a backup because of his decreasing footspeed. Whereas now would be a good time to sell Bobby to a team who thinks they can use his bully ball.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
emunney
RealGM
And1: 37,017

Post#737 » by emunney » Tue May 14, 2024 4:15 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:

Bobby was terrific in this series, easily our third best player; I did/do not understand all the people taking shots at him (other than getting kicked out, which: two separate acts? Give me a break). A great reminder of how good he can be in the right matchup. My pupils dilated every time he caught the ball with Isaiah Jackson guarding him. He was all over the glass at both ends. He worked within team concepts to limit penetration. He was effective blowing up plays on the perimeter. No, he's not a good rim defender, but even there he was better than usual.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,645

Post#738 » by Bernman » Tue May 14, 2024 4:21 pm

In addition to the rebounding being inflated for the reason I pointed out, Bobby put up a rough 51.2 ts%, & took himself off the court in a key game. If you're using defense to sell him, you know it was a tough series. He's an underrated perimeter defender when you just ask him to stay in front, but he still was slow on closeouts in help, and yea, the lack of rim d.

However, if some of our more measured fans are even making this claim, it speaks well to the potential return. He had some big games in the regular season on nat'l tv, & the likes of Wilbon + Burke were hyping him. We should thank them for the assist.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
machu46
RealGM
And1: 3,724

Post#739 » by machu46 » Tue May 14, 2024 4:32 pm

emunney wrote:
SupremeHustle wrote:

Bobby was terrific in this series, easily our third best player; I did/do not understand all the people taking shots at him (other than getting kicked out, which: two separate acts? Give me a break). A great reminder of how good he can be in the right matchup. My pupils dilated every time he caught the ball with Isaiah Jackson guarding him. He was all over the glass at both ends. He worked within team concepts to limit penetration. He was effective blowing up plays on the perimeter. No, he's not a good rim defender, but even there he was better than usual.

Yep, no doubt was a strong series for him, especially relative to some of the stinkers he's had in recent years. Was really nice to see. I'm not like desperately trying to offload these guys but I do think we could theoretically acquire better roster fits if we look to trade one or two of them.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 37,017

Post#740 » by emunney » Tue May 14, 2024 6:16 pm

Bernman wrote:
SupremeHustle wrote:

Brook actually inflates the rebounding totals of his teammates because he does a good job of blocking out & then his partners can go chase. Almost his entire career his teams have out-rebounded opponents & his squad's other units.

The year before Brook arrived, Giannis averaged 10 rebounds, then went on to put up 12.5 & 13.6 in significantly < minutes.

As for Bobby, he posted his 2 career highs in Milwaukee, & in the playoff series w/out Giannis he put up well into double-figures, even though he was getting beaten to a lot of rebounds by the eye test.

So I think Brook has a role here in continuing to do that, and protecting the rim. It just should be as a backup because of his decreasing footspeed. Whereas now would be a good time to sell Bobby to a team who thinks they can use his bully ball.

Historically this has been the case, but it wasn't in this series. We dominated the glass when Brook was off the court. We got beat to the ball when he was out there. Units where Bobby was the sole big were our best from every angle.

With Brook on and Bobby off, our Dreb rate on FGs was 67.05%; for Orebs it was 22.34%.
With Bobby on and Brook off, Dreb 73.4% was and Oreb was 30.8%.

Not small swings.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts

Return to Milwaukee Bucks