06/19 ESPN & DX.com Speculation

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,419

Re: 06/19 ESPN & DX.com Speculation 

Post#781 » by paulpressey25 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:55 pm

Maybe our lack of interest in Love is a smokescreen. That said, I too would be ticked if Love is there at 8 and we either bypass him or trade the pick.

I do think we need to bookmark the Joe Alexander threads. The irrational exuberance going on there needs to be documented for posterity.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#782 » by Chuck Diesel » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:55 pm

And for all we know, Love could come in for a "secret" workout between now and Thursday or members of our staff hop on a plane and go watch him workout and have dinner with him.
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,283

Post#783 » by xTitan » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:58 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:And for all we know, Love could come in for a "secret" workout between now and Thursday or members of our staff hop on a plane and go watch him workout and have dinner with him.

Secret?? Then sir I would say you don't know Tom Enlund, my friend!
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,835

Post#784 » by worthlessBucks » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:59 pm

Chuck what makes you think Love will be available at 8? If Memphis is picking for themselves I believe Love is as good as theirs.
Go Bucks!
mcfromage
Veteran
And1: 840

Post#785 » by mcfromage » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:00 pm

xTitan wrote:
Chuck Diesel wrote:And for all we know, Love could come in for a "secret" workout between now and Thursday or members of our staff hop on a plane and go watch him workout and have dinner with him.

Secret?? Then sir I would say you don't know Tom Enlund, my friend!

HA!
Chuck Diesel
RealGM

Post#786 » by Chuck Diesel » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:00 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:Maybe our lack of interest in Love is a smokescreen. That said, I too would be ticked if Love is there at 8 and we either bypass him or trade the pick.

I do think we need to bookmark the Joe Alexander threads. The irrational exuberance going on there needs to be documented for posterity.

Yep, especially when you factor in the way some of those same people blasted Wade-A-Holic for even suggesting that Alexander was lottery material a couple of months ago.
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,283

Post#787 » by xTitan » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:01 pm

If the Suns and the Clippers make a deal and Pheonix gets #7, it's bye bye Joe Alexander, they absolutely love him.......and then all bets are off and there could be some irate people on here.
bango_the_buck
Bench Warmer
And1: 149

Post#788 » by bango_the_buck » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:04 pm

xTitan wrote:If the Suns and the Clippers make a deal and Pheonix gets #7, it's bye bye Joe Alexander, they absolutely love him.......and then all bets are off and there could be some irate people on here.

Yep. I made that same point in another thread. Hopefully Maggette opts out... :wink:
Scott Skiles on being compared by reporters to Hall of Fame coach Pat Riley: "If I thought you guys knew anything, I'd be flattered."
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#789 » by carmelbrownqueen » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:05 pm

From the Bucksblog:

Hammond discusses draft
By Bob Wolfley
Tuesday, Jun 24 2008, 05:51 PM

For the second consecutive day, Bucks GM John Hammond discussed the NBA Draft with a national radio audience.

Yesterday it was ESPN Radio and today it was Fox Sports Radio.

Hammond this afternoon was asked about what NBA teams see in international players.

"This is the kind of stuff that is talked about right now by people in the league, the international players are great in individual workouts because they're so sound fundamentally," Hammond said. "(They) spend so much time working on their individual game, on their ball handling, on their footwork, on their shooting, on those sorts of things.

"We had an international player in (Monday), and I'll tell you for the first 45 minutes or hour of the workout, he looked so good," Hammond said. "And he looked good throughout the workout, but as soon as we started going to more live things, one-on-ones, two-on-twos, three-on-threes, there was a little slippage in his performance. I don't know in this year's draft if there is going to be an international player taken in the top 10. (Danilo) Gallinari (of Italy) might be one guy that's there. Beyond that point I think you could see maybe more guys in that 20-25 range, and one other player might slip up in the teens."

On Monday the Bucks worked out six players, including Damjan Rudez of Croatia, the one international player in the group.

Just as he did in the ESPN interview, Hammond mentioned West Virginia's Joe Alexander and LSU's Anthony Randolph. The Bucks choose eighth overall.

"He's a guy we like," Hammond said, referring to Randolph. "We like him very much. He's a tough one because some people have said, and it's really kind of hard to argue, if they say the top tier of this draft is (Derrick) Rose-(Michael) Beasley 1-2. . .Some people say, and time will tell, maybe three or four years down the line from now, maybe the next best player could be a guy like Anthony Randolph. He's 6-10, handles the ball, passes it. Very, very skilled guy, just extremely thin right now. But, boy, in time he could be a special player. That would be a tough decision if he's looking you in the eye with the eighth pick."

I'll say this for Hammond, he loves to keep you guessing!
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
Chuck Diesel
RealGM

Post#790 » by Chuck Diesel » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:06 pm

MFScho wrote:Chuck what makes you think Love will be available at 8? If Memphis is picking for themselves I believe Love is as good as theirs.

I'm not saying he will be there at 8, but It looks like the chances of him being at 8 are better than they were last week based on the Andy Katz New York/Memphis rumored deal and who those teams are apparently interested in. Katz and Chad Ford have both moved Love to 9 on their boards, after he seemed to have been locked in at 5 since lottery night.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,419

Post#791 » by paulpressey25 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:14 pm

That Hammond interview is classic. It is almost like Rev. John is overselling Randolph to ensure Alexander is there so we can deal him to whoever we are dealing him to.

He did a great job explaining the Chad Ford phenomenon of how these international guys get rated high in these workouts.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#792 » by europa » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:17 pm

I think Kirby is writing Hammond's material about Randolph. :D
Nothing will not break me.
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM

Post#793 » by carmelbrownqueen » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:19 pm

Yep, I was thinking the same thing PP. Hammond isn't waiting 4-5 years down the line for Randolph to develop unless he has no other choice.. he's trying to win now and overselling Randolph a bit in the process.

I will say this though, perhaps we need to balance the posts with stuff like.. what it will look like with an Yi/Bogut/Randolph front line 4-5 years from now because he could end up being our pick if someone takes Alexander (or maybe even Love) before we do!
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
mcfromage
Veteran
And1: 840

Post#794 » by mcfromage » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:25 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:That Hammond interview is classic. It is almost like Rev. John is overselling Randolph to ensure Alexander is there so we can deal him to whoever we are dealing him to.

He did a great job explaining the Chad Ford phenomenon of how these international guys get rated high in these workouts.

I'm not so sure, his interest in Randolph could be genuine.
Wise1
RealGM
And1: 256

Post#795 » by Wise1 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:30 pm

europa wrote:I think Kirby is writing Hammond's material about Randolph. :D

8-)
aaprigs311
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#796 » by aaprigs311 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:31 pm

I agree with you mcfro. I think he's acting incredibly interested in him in effort to bluff other teams out of trading with the Clippers or knicks and taking Joe Alexander.
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM

Post#797 » by carmelbrownqueen » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:31 pm

Yep I knew this would bring you out of the shadows and get you to post Wise!

Blaze01
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#798 » by Blaze01 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:43 pm

Someone on another board posted about a deal with POR\MIL that was done or about done...

Now I see this on a totally seperate board...

Just trying to put two and two together here, they may or may not be related...but I thought it was interesting...
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#799 » by europa » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:45 pm

Blaze01 wrote:Someone on another board posted about a deal with POR\MIL that was done or about done...

What was the deal?
Nothing will not break me.
Blaze01
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#800 » by Blaze01 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:00 am

He didn't reveal much...said it centered around the #8 pick and POR taking some contracts off of MIL....

MY guess...from reading here, there....flippin everywhere...was that it would inovle Lafrentz, Simmons, Gadzuric maybe?...Perhaps a flip of picks #8 & #13.....

and if MIL likes Randolph like some here suspect, he is slipping and could be there at #13...or maybe another player they have targeted...I have no idea....I am just guessing here...

Return to Milwaukee Bucks