ImageImage

OT: Investing/Stocks/Bonds/Mutual Funds/Crypto

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

jmart762
Pro Prospect
And1: 430

Re: OT: Investing/Stocks/Bonds/Mutual Funds/Crypto 

Post#81 » by jmart762 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:26 am

Came here to read about GME and was pleased to see some crypto talk. I'm a big bull on LINK and ETH. It's been fun to use DeFi and get a taste of FI.

Just imagine when all of the WSBers realize that they can disrupt WS or subvert them in DeFi... they are going to go crazy!
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 3,046

Post#82 » by BUCKnation » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:52 am

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:I guess isn't now a good time to short sell it or buy a long term put. Like no way in hell these reddit people will keep this up for 4 months nor is this stock worth 1/4 of the price. Even if you think Cohen is awesome, is he alone worth maintaining that high valuation?

I don't think anyone expects this to last, it looks like a clear squeeze so it'll bottom out at some point, probably within the next week or two.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,684

Post#83 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:15 pm

What crypto exchange would you recommend for a begginer who just wants to buy a little of a few of these and mostly hold long?

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,710

Post#84 » by SupremeHustle » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:49 pm

I randomly bought $AMC yesterday mostly because I KNOW movie theaters are coming back. Then today :o
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,139

Post#85 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:28 pm

AMC is another Gamestop. Shorts getting squeezed.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,407

Post#86 » by M-C-G » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:54 pm

Kodak is another one that is up 40% on the day today with a large short position. This is wild.
MissKhriddleton
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,192

Post#87 » by MissKhriddleton » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:55 pm

Getting major FOMO right now. Reminds me of the time I got in at the peak of crypto and lost my ass.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#88 » by M-C-G » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:55 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:I randomly bought $AMC yesterday mostly because I KNOW movie theaters are coming back. Then today :o

Last week I had the same thought, pulled up AMC and went, nah I guess I won't. sigh
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,972

Post#89 » by jschligs » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:21 pm

I randomly at 9:15AM bought a March dated FCEL $20c. It's at well over 100% now on top of my shares.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,383

Post#90 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:28 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:AMC is another Gamestop. Shorts getting squeezed.

Greatly enjoying this event. The retail investor has gotten stomped out over the last 20 years.

It really is a good lesson for people as to how the price of a stock can be manipulated higher by having only a select few buyers or a select few sellers apply constant trading of small blocks.

Obviously Gamestop isn't worth $350 a share. But the continued buying of small pieces by the Reddit guys, without worrying if they lose their money, has flushed the price 35 times what the real value is.

Somewhere Bud Fox's fictional father smiles.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,139

Post#91 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:31 pm

M-C-G wrote:Kodak is another one that is up 40% on the day today with a large short position. This is wild.

I hear a lot about how this needs to be "regulated". BS. It won't be. There's nothing illegal going on here. No one is trading on insider info. It's people posting stuff on Reddit and people responding to it. The shorts can cry all they want. What goes around comes around.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
SupremeHustle
RealGM

Post#92 » by SupremeHustle » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:39 pm

jschligs wrote:I randomly at 9:15AM bought a March dated FCEL $20c. It's at well over 100% now on top of my shares.

FCEL was the best stock tip I have ever gotten. But to be fair, it was the only stock tip I've ever gotten. And to be even fairer, it wasn't a stock tip. I read it in this thread.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
SupremeHustle
RealGM

Post#93 » by SupremeHustle » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:41 pm

MissKhriddleton wrote:Getting major FOMO right now. Reminds me of the time I got in at the peak of crypto and lost my ass.

Don't put your ass into it. Put in only what your ass can stand to lose.

Note: I have no idea what I'm talking about and would never spend other people's money.
SupremeHustle
RealGM

Post#94 » by SupremeHustle » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:42 pm

There's some Twitter buzz about Inovio as well.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,317

Post#95 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:01 pm

Like an idiot, I sold my shares of EXPR when it was around $3.50 on Monday. It's of course trading at $11 today.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,383

Post#96 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:19 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:I hear a lot about how this needs to be "regulated". BS. It won't be. There's nothing illegal going on here. No one is trading on insider info. It's people posting stuff on Reddit and people responding to it. The shorts can cry all they want. What goes around comes around.

Agreed. The only regulatory "fix" would be to put artificial barriers on the market, which then destroys the market.

That said, as Floyd Gondoli noted in Boogie Nights - I'm a simple man, do we really need to have short or long selling of stocks? All of this comes out of wanting to manipulate the price of stocks that you don't actually own. If you think a stock is going to perform well, buy it. If you think it won't perform well, sell it. Case closed.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,972

Post#97 » by jschligs » Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:23 pm

Halted Nokia for 30+ minutes right now. I bought a call right before lol - could be good could be bad. This is just gambling at this point.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#98 » by M-C-G » Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:35 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
M-C-G wrote:Kodak is another one that is up 40% on the day today with a large short position. This is wild.

I hear a lot about how this needs to be "regulated". BS. It won't be. There's nothing illegal going on here. No one is trading on insider info. It's people posting stuff on Reddit and people responding to it. The shorts can cry all they want. What goes around comes around.

Yeah, no pity on my end, I love it. I've been on the wrong end of stocks that were shorted by institutional money. So the more I think I have learned about it, the more I think shorting is just a corrupt practice. 'Borrowing' someone else's shares from them (without them knowing) and selling short should not be allowed.
SupremeHustle
RealGM

Post#99 » by SupremeHustle » Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:52 pm

jschligs wrote:Halted Nokia for 30+ minutes right now. I bought a call right before lol - could be good could be bad. This is just gambling at this point.

I just bought Nokia on Stash for $6.78.
ABucksFan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,430

Post#100 » by ABucksFan » Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:54 pm

Just poured a couple G's into AMC. This is wild lol.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks