ImageImage

PG Bulls - Win

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

BuckFan25226
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,020

Re: PG Bulls - Win 

Post#81 » by BuckFan25226 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:38 pm

Aj Green is a guy you always have to give at least a handful of minutes to. He's a sniper and if he is getting exposed on D and not hitting shots, You yank him and let him live to see the next game.
"didnt you watch the game with the raptors?bucks is also a playoff team ,they have enough ability to find wins from dalas and utach,
blow jazzs bitches and mavericks bitches out !"

- yiyiyi
neiLz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,487

Post#82 » by neiLz » Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:44 pm

BuckFan25226 wrote:Aj Green is a guy you always have to give at least a handful of minutes to. He's a sniper and if he is getting exposed on D and not hitting shots, You yank him and let him live to see the next game.

He might be the 4th-5th best healthy defender on this roster right now
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,761

Post#83 » by msiris » Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:44 pm

mediocrityrules wrote:
fan230 wrote:Khris played well today, even improving in defense. I am optimistic about him.

Also hoping our defense improves with Pat back.

Apart from his consistent problems with dribbling in traffic or under pressure, he's been great in the minutes he's been on the floor.

I can't wait until 2025 when he's finally back to full minutes.
The thing is Kris doesn't need to be handling the ball and Pat is an ok defender.
Ride the tank
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,409

Post#84 » by paulpressey25 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:48 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:Should wait until Jae Crowder is healthy before jumping to anything.

I’m ready to jump. Otherwise we’d need Marty McFly to take us back to 2017.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,135

Post#85 » by MVP2110 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:56 pm

Imo the Bucks can't use injuries as any sort of excuse. We've had 2 bench players miss a decent amount of time but 4 of our 5 starters have been healthy all season and the 5th has played but has been on a minutes restriction. I'm willing to bet we aren't anywhere near the worst injury situations in the NBA
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
sidney lanier
Head Coach
And1: 10,032

Post#86 » by sidney lanier » Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:01 pm

Of all the things reverberating in our dysfunctional echo chamber, the "Dame is checked out and hates the coach" assertion is one of the most outlandish.

https://www.nba.com/bucks/videos/damian-lillard-postgame-sound-12-11-23

Not being one who spends time on social media, I learn so much here about how opinion piles on opinion until pretty soon you think lizard people rule the earth.
"The Bucks in six always. That's for the culture." -- B. Jennings
BuckFan25226
Lead Assistant

Post#87 » by BuckFan25226 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:06 pm

neiLz wrote:
BuckFan25226 wrote:Aj Green is a guy you always have to give at least a handful of minutes to. He's a sniper and if he is getting exposed on D and not hitting shots, You yank him and let him live to see the next game.

I'm having a hard time figuring out where he's at defensively. He seems serviceable but also has looked rough at times.

Too lazy to look up the analytics.
"didnt you watch the game with the raptors?bucks is also a playoff team ,they have enough ability to find wins from dalas and utach,

- yiyiyi
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,649

Post#88 » by Profound23 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:08 pm

neiLz wrote:

This has to be one of the worst takes I have ever seen on this board, unless you just confused him for AJJ.

AJ Green is the worst defender on this team and one of the worst defenders I have seen in my 40+ years of watching NBA basketball.
BuckFan25226
Lead Assistant

Post#89 » by BuckFan25226 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:10 pm

Profound23 wrote:
neiLz wrote:

This has to be one of the worst takes I have ever seen on this board, unless you just confused him for AJJ.

AJ Green is the worst defender on this team and one of the worst defenders I have seen in my 40+ years of watching NBA basketball.

:lol: Come on, he's not THAT bad.

- yiyiyi
neiLz
Assistant Coach

Post#90 » by neiLz » Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:25 pm

Profound23 wrote:
neiLz wrote:

not really. outside giannis, brook and AJJ, right now on the roster, you can lump everyone else is below avg-terrible on defense. crowder and pat are hurt so they don't count.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,205

Post#91 » by Ron Swanson » Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:27 pm

We're really doing the thing we did in the Skiles/Kidd era where we're pining for obvious non-NBA talents like Doron Lamb, Nate Wolters, and Roko Ukic to get force-fed minutes just to "see what they have" lol. I'm not saying that I don't understand the sentiment, but no one should be that desperate to think that AJ Green is gonna ever be a factor in meaningful games for a championship contender. Even suggesting that Green might be one of the best 5 defenders on the team is absolute insanity.
jimmybones
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,778

Post#92 » by jimmybones » Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:36 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:We gotta be a lot better. Now that I got that off my chest...

Refs need to start being held accountable publically for bad missed calls. I'm talking old-school medieval pillory in the town square-type accountability.

I have some extra tomatoes and a pretty good left arm
sidney lanier
Head Coach

Post#93 » by sidney lanier » Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:37 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:We're really doing the thing we did in the Skiles/Kidd era where we're pining for obvious non-NBA talents like Doron Lamb, Nate Wolters, and Roko Ukic to get force-fed minutes just to "see what they have" lol. I'm not saying that I don't understand the sentiment, but no one should be that desperate to think that AJ Green is gonna ever be a factor in meaningful games for a championship contender. Even suggesting that Green might be one of the best 5 defenders on the team is absolute insanity.

You're probably right, but I think people can be forgiven for squinting hard and seeing him as Steve Kerr on the Jordan-Pippen Bulls, even if the reality is his ceiling might be more of a Steve Novak on a John Henson-Jabari Parker Bucks team.
PG Graveyard
General Manager
And1: 4,627

Post#94 » by PG Graveyard » Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:43 pm

BuckFan25226 wrote:
Profound23 wrote:
neiLz wrote:He might be the 4th-5th best healthy defender on this roster right now

:lol: Come on, he's not THAT bad.

Yeah there is no way he is worse than Dame.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,327

Post#95 » by jakecronus8 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:48 pm

Just need more time. Once OJ Mayo is back
Do it for Chuck
jimmybones
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,778

Post#96 » by jimmybones » Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:50 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:
Brewhoopfan wrote:After getting Dame, I never could have imagined this team being such a difficult watch.

An absolute chore. I didn't even tune in last night until the last couple minutes of regulation and back again for the last few ticks of OT. I don't seek out Bucks games. I don't move around plans. I don't tell my kids I'm not playing with them. I don't ask my wife to put the game on. A team with Giannis and Dame shouldn't just be in my periphery. I used to be Team Optimist when Brandon Jennings, Andrew Bogut, and John Salmons were our big 3. Quite a feat by Adrian Griffin to have me this disinterested.

Same. After the Dame trade I was salivating for Bucks basketball. I rationally knew they would take time to gel and there would be a need for patience. In the beginning of the season I could not imagine missing a quarter, let alone game. But the incoherence on both sides of the ball and the lack of stretches of brilliance - even just a glimpse of what could be - has tanked my optimism.
neiLz
Assistant Coach

Post#97 » by neiLz » Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:04 pm

henning at it. first AG must be fired ASAP. Now dame is a drunk that plays hungover.
Read on Twitter
?s=20
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,205

Post#98 » by Ron Swanson » Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:17 pm

I legitimately don't understand how we're the 4th best defense with a 98.6 DRTG in the clutch. Like, this team really does wait until they're about to lose in order to clamp up defensively.
sidney lanier
Head Coach

Post#99 » by sidney lanier » Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:25 pm

neiLz wrote:henning at it. first AG must be fired ASAP. Now dame is a drunk that plays hungover.
Read on Twitter
?s=20

I hear Bango has chronic wasting disease, too.
fan230
Analyst
And1: 1,323

Post#100 » by fan230 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:26 pm

Does any of this hung over talks have any grain of truth? If so, it is worrisome, if not, it is really unfortunate to have this circulating.

Not connected with this:

Dame Time had worked well for us in getting wins. Recently his play has been more subdued but this could just be a temporary phase. We need him badly to play consistently well for us to succeed. V glad that Khris is beginning to play much better.

Saw somewhere that pj tucker may want to play elsewhere; should we have any interest?

Return to Milwaukee Bucks