ImageImage

PG Indy - Bucks Fade Away

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,822

Re: PG Indy - Bucks Fade Away 

Post#81 » by AussieBuck » Tue Jan 2, 2024 11:31 am

Sigra wrote:Nope. We will talk in summer 2026.

That's a long time off. Reckon the Bulls will be good any time in the interim? :D
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,991

Post#82 » by Badgerlander » Tue Jan 2, 2024 11:58 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
randy84
RealGM
And1: 6,434

Post#83 » by randy84 » Tue Jan 2, 2024 12:15 pm

MVP2110 wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:
MVP2110 wrote:
We are now 1-3 this year against Indiana, why hasn't he adjusted yet?

Yeah, he should have told Giannis to score 65 this time!

Or maybe not give up 122 points to a team who was under 15% from 3, it shouldn't take a heroic effort from Giannis to beat the Pacers

Don't the Pacers average 126 points a game?
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,780

Post#84 » by JayMKE » Tue Jan 2, 2024 12:20 pm

Think Im with the people saying we need a point of attack defender maybe more than 1, not ever going to work with Beasley and Lillard
FREE GIANNIS
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,113

Post#85 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Tue Jan 2, 2024 1:01 pm

its been so hard to post this year on the board.... theres just so many aspects of this team that i cant stand..... most of those aspects are things related to what teams do or dont do that **** with how proud you are to even call yourself a fan.....

as ive said previously weve certainly entered a time that will become more difficult and more difficult as time moves along. the idea we need to fast forward to the playoffs is comical to me. for as much fun as is practically possible it would be far better to live in denial for as long as possible imo.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,402

Post#86 » by paulpressey25 » Tue Jan 2, 2024 1:29 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:its been so hard to post this year on the board.... theres just so many aspects of this team that i cant stand..... most of those aspects are things related to what teams do or dont do that **** with how proud you are to even call yourself a fan.....

as ive said previously weve certainly entered a time that will become more difficult and more difficult as time moves along. the idea we need to fast forward to the playoffs is comical to me. for as much fun as is practically possible it would be far better to live in denial for as long as possible imo.

Of the same mind. On the positive note, Dame, Beasley and an offensively healthy Middleton are providing spacing and shooting the Bucks have badly needed for years.

But on defense, we have no idea what we’re doing. And teams know our playbook, and guys waltz into the paint nightly, forcing Brook to take on constant 2 on 1’s, while Giannis sits off to the side. These problems go well beyond personnel.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
ABucksFan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,430

Post#87 » by ABucksFan » Tue Jan 2, 2024 1:52 pm

This year is so weird, I, like most, was really positive and looking forward to watching every game this year...but complete opposite has happened. A chore to watch honestly, I've found myself wanting to do other things than watch the Bucks..which is weird because when we were bad, i felt like i was watching every game lol.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,224

Post#88 » by theFireBlanket » Tue Jan 2, 2024 1:56 pm

1/13 :nonono:
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,647

Post#89 » by raferfenix » Tue Jan 2, 2024 1:59 pm

Yeah I just don’t understand how we can keep running with a scheme where our interior defense is so bad despite how we have Lopez and Giannis.

Shocker: relying on Dame and Beasley and Middleton to aggressively defend the perimeter is failing.
rayallenscalves
Junior
And1: 222

Post#90 » by rayallenscalves » Tue Jan 2, 2024 1:59 pm

Need more Marjon and AJ, much less Pat and AJax.
pifhluk23
Sixth Man
And1: 908

Post#91 » by pifhluk23 » Tue Jan 2, 2024 2:00 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:Plenty of reasons for this loss. Bench terrible, so were starters down the stretch. Dame ice cold. Rebounding and defense blew. Yada yada yada. Our last PG thread (a win) was 6 pages. I’m guessing this one will be longer lol.

Also, yeah its definitely a "winning hides a lot" thing here too. Certainly wasn't like we lost 3 quarters of that game, gave up 64 points in the paint, had 17 turnovers and won a game against a team without 2 of their starters. But if we brought it up in that game thread we'd be called miserable. Team has problems. They're more glaring and quantifiable in the losses but they've been there all season even in most wins.

Board is about to learn the truth this month since we finally play some decent teams.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,160

Post#92 » by Matches Malone » Tue Jan 2, 2024 2:01 pm

Feels like Griff could have used Jrue and Bud could have used Dame lol.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
emunney
RealGM
And1: 37,011

Post#93 » by emunney » Tue Jan 2, 2024 2:03 pm

Slept on it, and it's insane to lose to the Pacers when they shoot that badly from 3. Worst loss of the season.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
German Athens
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,085

Post#94 » by German Athens » Tue Jan 2, 2024 2:03 pm

I get not being able to stop Haliburton. He’s a superstar offensive player. My issue is that he wasn’t the pacer that changed the game - it was McConnell.

We couldn’t stop McConnell. Maybe we shouldn’t press a dude high who doesn’t shoot outside 15 feet if we can’t recover. Go under every screen, play him soft on the perimeter - don’t allow him to waltz to the rim every time down.

We play high, get caught on the screen, and it allows a 2 on 1 going downhill from 20 feet and in. The lanes are huge.
ABucksFan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,430

Post#95 » by ABucksFan » Tue Jan 2, 2024 2:07 pm

Maybe it will be one of those years where we suck and look underwhelming the regular season, but somehow come playoff time something happens and team becomes elite and we win a championship, similar to Heat last year
pifhluk23
Sixth Man
And1: 908

Post#96 » by pifhluk23 » Tue Jan 2, 2024 2:09 pm

German Athens wrote:I get not being able to stop Haliburton. He’s a superstar offensive player. My issue is that he wasn’t the pacer that changed the game - it was McConnell.

We couldn’t stop McConnell. Maybe we shouldn’t press a dude high who doesn’t shoot outside 15 feet if we can’t recover. Go under every screen, play him soft on the perimeter - don’t allow him to waltz to the rim every time down.

We play high, get caught on the screen, and it allows a 2 on 1 going downhill from 20 feet and in. The lanes are huge.

Same story all year pressing guards who can't shoot 3s at even a league average rate out past the 3pt line. That's all on Grief and how it hasn't been fixed yet is just mind blowing. McConnell is shooting .091% from 3 this year, that's not a typo and he passed up several open 3 looks because he's scared. Totally incompetent coaching.
German Athens
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,085

Post#97 » by German Athens » Tue Jan 2, 2024 2:12 pm

pifhluk23 wrote:
German Athens wrote:I get not being able to stop Haliburton. He’s a superstar offensive player. My issue is that he wasn’t the pacer that changed the game - it was McConnell.

Same story all year pressing guards who can't shoot 3s at even a league average rate out past the 3pt line. That's all on Grief and how it hasn't been fixed yet is just mind blowing. McConnell is shooting .091% from 3 this year, that's not a typo and he passed up several open 3 looks because he's scared. Totally incompetent coaching.

Yeah, for a team that’s supposed to watch a lot of film and know their opponents better than anyone - why are we doing this repeatedly against very well known commodities?
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,195

Post#98 » by Ron Swanson » Tue Jan 2, 2024 2:13 pm

Whelp, this is probably the first loss I think the "Lillard and Beas backcourt is almost single-handedly tanking the defense" crowd can point to and actually be right. But once again, we got outrebounded and Bobby gets played off the floor. Pacers don't seem to be a great matchup for us defensively regardless of the perimeter personnel, and maybe we need Crowder back to unlock that lineup, but Griff hasn't seemed to grasp that going small with Giannis at the 5 is probably the thing that needs to happen in closing lineups vs. them.
PG Graveyard
General Manager
And1: 4,627

Post#99 » by PG Graveyard » Tue Jan 2, 2024 3:14 pm

AussieBuck wrote:
fan230 wrote:Jae might be our one hope. I was not too enthusiastic about him last year. But now I cling to the hope that he might be the X factor.

He is clearly a better defender than Dame or Beas. His offense is worse than Beas but perhaps not by much. Jae should be somewhat better than mjb in offense and defense. Jae will be better than ajj in offense and defense, and much better than aj in defense. Thanasis and Robin never play. Livingstone is not good. Pat unfortunately has deteriorated a lot; that is a very unexpected and sad development. So we have a hollowed bench.

Jae isn't anything but a small ball PF at this point. We need a guard.

I’m warming up to the Kris Dunn idea. Adding him and Jae to the bench would go a long way imo
PG Graveyard
General Manager
And1: 4,627

Post#100 » by PG Graveyard » Tue Jan 2, 2024 3:15 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Whelp, this is probably the first loss I think the "Lillard and Beas backcourt is almost single-handedly tanking the defense" crowd can point to and actually be right. But once again, we got outrebounded and Bobby gets played off the floor. Pacers don't seem to be a great matchup for us defensively regardless of the perimeter personnel, and maybe we need Crowder back to unlock that lineup, but Griff hasn't seemed to grasp that going small with Giannis at the 5 is probably the thing that needs to happen in closing lineups vs. them.

I don’t think he trusts our personal to do that and that makes these really spaced out teams like Indiana and Boston so tough for us to guard with Brook out there even though Brook is awesome 90 percent of the time

Return to Milwaukee Bucks