ImageImage

PG Portland: Loss

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Siefer
RealGM
And1: 6,097

Re: PG Portland: Loss 

Post#81 » by Siefer » Thu Feb 1, 2024 5:57 am

Just look at those starter/bench splits. Disgusting.
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,494

Post#82 » by KidA24 » Thu Feb 1, 2024 5:57 am

VooDoo7 wrote:Well I haven't been this pissed after a Bucks loss this year. So I guess that's a good thing. It means I'm still alive.

Are you mad about the loss or the crowd?

:reporter:
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,399

Post#83 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Feb 1, 2024 5:59 am

We’re just too old and slow. And Portland is the opposite.

Sell high on Middleton for an athlete.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,695

Post#84 » by BroncoBuck » Thu Feb 1, 2024 5:59 am

The Brook signing has been infuriating. It’s just going to be so hard to beat Boston (if we face them) in a best of 7 with him on the floor. I don’t think the Bucks will trade him, but him and Bobby are the two that I’d want gone the most.

Ex players always talk about how difficult it is to play knowing you’re on the block and that’s exactly what I see from Bobby every night. He’s been the guy most likely to be dealt all season and he’s played like it. He had a good run here, but man I can’t wait to see him get dealt.

Pat just looks like a product of Bud. His athleticism looks like it declined, but he just looks completely out of rhythm on the floor.

Crowder is still semi-washed up

Jackson was playing like garbage for weeks and Prunty immediately benched him. Doc seems to have followed suit. I get he’s a rookie and people would rather see younger trash than older trash, but he might be better off going to Oshkosh for a while.

Payne is who we thought he was.
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,222

Post#85 » by FrieAaron » Thu Feb 1, 2024 6:00 am

Novak can never say "shoot that thang" again.
MissKhriddleton
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,192

Post#86 » by MissKhriddleton » Thu Feb 1, 2024 6:01 am

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:
KidA24 wrote:
Wooderson wrote:He would have gotten fouled, he wasn't running free or something. It's a better spot to be in but they're not getting a 3PA off there.

They drill and practice this, with five seconds it's Giannis coming to the ball them giving it up to one of the two guards heading up court immediately.

We're talking no dribble, touch pass.

Giannis made the decision, in the moment that him getting fouled was the best thing to do.

Just utter failure.

Dame was guarded so a touch pass was completely unnecessary and reckless play design. Why have Dame inbound at all? If you want him getting the ball set multiple screens for him with beas as a backup. They were fouling no matter what so why waste time going to Giannis in the first place. Yeah Giannis was dumb but it's like blaming the lineman for fumbling after the running back fumbled.

I doubt they’ve had time to practice and implement Doc’s full court/no timeout play and just went with whatever was already in place which was the Sacramento play. Also they only chose to foul because Giannis got the ball.
-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,682

Post#87 » by -Jragon- » Thu Feb 1, 2024 6:02 am

Yeah I'd have liked to see Dane get a drive on the 1st go Brook shot and somehow a 3 ball to tie or somehow make them foul you on your 3 and get 3 fts.. something... oh well.. learn, study and next... KM not turning the ball over for those stretches was nice .. we need everyone on board with that.. vet teams just don't make mistakes like that.. slow down take your time.. pump fake younger players instead of running them over
Brewhoopfan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,949

Post#88 » by Brewhoopfan » Thu Feb 1, 2024 6:02 am

rilamann wrote:Dame in his return to Portland could have had the go ahead shot then the game tying shot and was snubbed on both. That probably can't be good for team chemistry.

Bull ****. He got the Ayton switch and should have attacked. Instead he backed it off. Then put in zero effort on get Brooks rebound. What **** the team chemistry is his lack of effort when the ball isn't in his hands.
-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,682

Post#89 » by -Jragon- » Thu Feb 1, 2024 6:03 am

MissKhriddleton wrote:
KidA24 wrote:

They drill and practice this, with five seconds it's Giannis coming to the ball them giving it up to one of the two guards heading up court immediately.

Giannis made the decision, in the moment that him getting fouled was the best thing to do.

Just utter failure.

Dame was guarded so a touch pass was completely unnecessary and reckless play design. Why have Dame inbound at all? If you want him getting the ball set multiple screens for him with beas as a backup. They were fouling no matter what so why waste time going to Giannis in the first place. Yeah Giannis was dumb but it's like blaming the lineman for fumbling after the running back fumbled.

I doubt they’ve had time to practice and implement Doc’s full court/no timeout play and just went with whatever was already in place which was the Sacramento play. Also they only chose to foul because Giannis got the ball.

Right, they used Griffs play on that... the one that worked though
kanyon
Junior
And1: 232

Post#90 » by kanyon » Thu Feb 1, 2024 6:03 am

rilamann wrote:I want Jrue back.

:(

I'ma be realistic and just take Carter.
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,494

Post#91 » by KidA24 » Thu Feb 1, 2024 6:03 am

KidA24 wrote:
Wooderson wrote:He would have gotten fouled, he wasn't running free or something. It's a better spot to be in but they're not getting a 3PA off there.

Just utter failure.

The idea is to do everything you can to get a defender trailing a guard moving up court.

There were two lanes for Giannis to throw the ball to a streaking Dame.

Even if it's a dangerous pass, it's still a better decision than allowing yourself to get fouled.

You're blaming the quarterback for running the called play after it gets blown up because the offensive line decided to pull both guards and run block on 4th and 17.
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
Wooderson
RealGM
And1: 5,369

Post#92 » by Wooderson » Thu Feb 1, 2024 6:05 am

MissKhriddleton wrote:
KidA24 wrote:

Just utter failure.

Why do you think Denver wouldn't have fouled Dame?
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,153

Post#93 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Thu Feb 1, 2024 6:09 am

Dame was 1-6 in the final seven minutes based on a quick scroll. And the make was the dunk. Sorry if I didn't feel confident he would be more likely to hit a step back 33 footer than brolos attempt.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,413

Post#94 » by rilamann » Thu Feb 1, 2024 6:11 am

Don't worry, guys. We'll eventually win another game again.

*Checks schedule to see if we play Detroit again.

Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,875

Post#95 » by VooDoo7 » Thu Feb 1, 2024 6:19 am

KidA24 wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:Well I haven't been this pissed after a Bucks loss this year. So I guess that's a good thing. It means I'm still alive.

Are you mad about the loss or the crowd?

:reporter:

I mean, their crowd got louder for Robin Lopez getting the ball unstuck than ours does at any point in the game, so..
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,875

Post#96 » by VooDoo7 » Thu Feb 1, 2024 6:22 am

paulpressey25 wrote:We’re just too old and slow. And Portland is the opposite.

Yeah, it'd be cool if we had an athlete on this team.

Spoiler:
Wooderson
RealGM
And1: 5,369

Post#97 » by Wooderson » Thu Feb 1, 2024 6:22 am

KidA24 wrote:
KidA24 wrote:

Just utter failure.

The idea is to do everything you can to get a defender trailing a guard moving up court.

There were two lanes for Giannis to throw the ball to a streaking Dame.

Even if it's a dangerous pass, it's still a better decision than allowing yourself to get fouled.

You're blaming the quarterback for running the called play after it gets blown up because the offensive line decided to pull both guards and run block on 4th and 17.

The defender was right on Dame's ass. The pass also eats up time. Dame is getting fouled and you have like 2 seconds. So if you're lucky enough to complete a very low % pass you have to get majorly lucky again with the make+miss+rebound to even have a shot at tying.

They were cooked once the TOs were burned and Grant made both.
MissKhriddleton
Assistant Coach

Post#98 » by MissKhriddleton » Thu Feb 1, 2024 6:25 am

In the presser Doc said they were anticipating a foul and liked Giannis’s chances to get an oreb after a missed FT…so yeah…time for me to head out.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,392

Post#99 » by RiotPunch » Thu Feb 1, 2024 6:26 am

MissKhriddleton wrote:In the presser Doc said they were anticipating a foul and liked Giannis’s chances to get an oreb after a missed FT…so yeah…time for me to head out.

That can't be real, please tell me that's not real.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
MissKhriddleton
Assistant Coach

Post#100 » by MissKhriddleton » Thu Feb 1, 2024 6:28 am

I imagine trying on defense for a full 48 minutes is like trying to be 100% productive at work for a full 8 hour shift, so it’s hard to blame the players really.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks