ImageImage

PG: Memphis Blues

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,772

Re: PG: Memphis Blues 

Post#81 » by JayMKE » Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:29 am

fan230 wrote:Shaq saying we are going to be knocked out in the first round. I think we fired Bud coz of that.

Whom do we fire now?

This time its Horst, you can't **** up so many big decisions and keep your job
FREE GIANNIS
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,412

Post#82 » by rilamann » Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:30 am

theFireBlanket wrote:
rilamann wrote:
Thunder Muscle wrote:Dame trade starting to remind me of the shell of Gary Payton we got in 2003.

It's already GP part 2.

Its also ironic that we traded a classy guy who wanted to be in Milwaukee for GP.

And we traded a classy guy who wanted to be in Milwaukee for Dame.

Dame worked on being traded to Milwaukee. How doesn't he want to be a Buck?

I honestly can't tell if you're being sarcastic here.

I have no clue how anyone with a pulse and a half a brain could watch Lillard play basketball in a Bucks uniform and honestly think the guy looks like he wants to be here.

Never mind the fact that Dame and his agent literally got in trouble last July when Dame's agent sent out a memo to the league warning teams not to trade for Dame if you weren't the Miami Heat.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,994

Post#83 » by Turk Nowitzki » Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:30 am

Be Here Now wrote:Has Horst hit on any moves since the Grayson trade? Don't think so. He's the problem and it's crazy it doesn't get talked about more.

If the whole operation keeps going belly up his time will come soon enough. Having said that, even the biggest Dame skeptics couldn't have forseen this going as badly as it has
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,215

Post#84 » by theFireBlanket » Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:31 am

-Jragon- wrote:Wasn't there a stat.. when Dame scores 25+ were like 20 and 3 or something? That's where we are... Ginnis will feast but like it or not Dame is our sparkplug and we'll go and he goes and can take us. Get some practices in.. the p and r "looks" better but don't force it.. take your time both guys-- it's not always a sprint

He had 24 mid 4th quarter.

This game was such a botchjob & he is a part of the problem in this loss.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
The Sebastian Express
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
And1: 9,875

Post#85 » by The Sebastian Express » Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:31 am

theFireBlanket wrote:
rilamann wrote:
Thunder Muscle wrote:Dame trade starting to remind me of the shell of Gary Payton we got in 2003.

It's already GP part 2.

Its also ironic that we traded a classy guy who wanted to be in Milwaukee for GP.

I'm coming here in peace, but I did want to pass on - IIRC Sean Highkin, who is probably the best guy covering the Blazers, stated he thought this was likely just a piece put out by Goodwin to try to save face about the Blazers trading Dame to Milwaukee after Goodwin was saying Miami or nothing. With Goodwin's tendency to leak, the Blazers being afraid of Goodwin sabotaging anything else, and Milwaukee not wanting anything to get out because of Jrue - I think it's probably more likely Goodwin didn't talk to the Bucks and Nets like Haynes alluded. The Goodwin group was, and I still think is, pretty upset at Cronin for not giving in/not doing all they wanted.

Dame is a professional, though. I would say this is probably more related to his personal life than anything else.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,412

Post#86 » by rilamann » Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:31 am

The best part of the Bev trade is that Bev has a podcast and is an outspoken guy.

There are some issues with this team and Bev will probably give us in the inside dirt at some point....lol.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,912

Post#87 » by blazza18 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:32 am

Wish we knew what the actually cause of the problems are for Dame before I fully stick the boot in. Undoubtedly not been the guy we expected and I'm pretty disappointed in his body language overall. I just don't understand where the shooting and playmaking drop off has come from. Gotta be rare for a star player to just stop making shots he has always made? I still want to hope he can turn it around.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#88 » by Thunder Muscle » Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:34 am

theFireBlanket wrote:
rilamann wrote:

It's already GP part 2.

I think he wanted to go to Miami. Wonder if he is having regrets requesting to leave Portland. Just seems like his heart is still there and he is just out of sorts on a new team, new role, etc. The fit has seemed off all year. Plus think he is/was dealing with a divorce. Basketball aside wonder if he is dealing with personal ****.
ejn1214
Pro Prospect
And1: 699

Post#89 » by ejn1214 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:35 am

VooDoo7 wrote:My biggest takeaway from the game is that the 6th worst team in the NBA has a better home crowd than us.

Don't really care about a regular season game, but this is so true. We have to have a bottom 5 crowd. I don't even like going to games anymore.

Time will tell if dame can turn it around. I'm worried but not panicked. He's missing wide open 3s for some reason. Space jam isn't real life. Lets hope we are healthy for the playoffs and see what happens.
Chessboxer
Analyst
And1: 687

Post#90 » by Chessboxer » Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:37 am

blazza18 wrote:Wish we knew what the actually cause of the problems are for Dame before I fully stick the boot in. Undoubtedly not been the guy we expected and I'm pretty disappointed in his body language overall. I just don't understand where the shooting and playmaking drop off has come from. Gotta be rare for a star player to just stop making shots he has always made? I still want to hope he can turn it around.

He's a shoot first undersized shooting guard. He's never been a great playmaker when I watched him in Portland but he appeared decent. However, I never realized he was this bad. I just don't think he's equipped to run an offense on a high level basketball team. He didn't play well at all for Team USA in the Olympics. Ironically Jrue outplayed him the Olympics.
" What I do is attack your ability. I don't have to stand over you and taunt you. You'll know when it's done that I'm better."

-Micheal Jordan
-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,682

Post#91 » by -Jragon- » Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:38 am

theFireBlanket wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:Wasn't there a stat.. when Dame scores 25+ were like 20 and 3 or something? That's where we are... Ginnis will feast but like it or not Dame is our sparkplug and we'll go and he goes and can take us. Get some practices in.. the p and r "looks" better but don't force it.. take your time both guys-- it's not always a sprint

He had 24 mid 4th quarter.

This game was such a botchjob & he is a part of the problem in this loss.

Exactly.. I'm agreeing with that. He needs to get his bs sorted out or we're going nowhere
Be Here Now
Rookie
And1: 279

Post#92 » by Be Here Now » Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:40 am

rilamann wrote:I have no clue how anyone with a pulse and a half a brain could watch Lillard play basketball in a Bucks uniform and honestly think the guy looks like he wants to be here.

Never mind the fact that Dame and his agent literally got in trouble last July when Dame's agent sent out a memo to the league warning teams not to trade for Dame if you weren't the Miami Heat.

I think you have small market insecurity. Dame would be playing like **** anywhere with what's going on his personal life. See the Blazer's fan post beneath yours. Not picking up a basketball for 5 months probably didn't help either.

The Dame is Gary Payton 2.0 is also just pure slander. Dame is very well liked among his peers just like Jrue. He's a great teammate. He just hasn't shot the ball well at all.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:Gooden to me...is a rock.

He is the one player I wish was healthy all year but I do not complain about it. You can't control that so why cry?
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 5,039

Post#93 » by Plossum » Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:40 am

I say this with all due respect to Memphis who worked their butts off tonight for that win, but we just lost to a G League team.

There are certain guys who either aren't putting in enough effort or simply aren't good enough anymore.

This team can't win a title though. You can't have wins like vs Denver and then drop consecutive games to an undermanned Miami and G League Memphis.

We're an alleged contender in name only. The on the floor experience pretty clearly shows we're not serious this year. Yes I'm a bit of a drama queen with this post but does anyone seriously think we're good enough to win 4 best of 7s in a row?

I'm sticking in the fork. We're done.
#LockUpChuck
El Pooch Grande
Bench Warmer
And1: 848

Post#94 » by El Pooch Grande » Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:40 am

Is there anyone in the media who has the balls to ask Dame why he hasn’t looked like well, Dame?

"We are the Champions, my friends"
stillgotgame
Analyst
And1: 1,978

Post#95 » by stillgotgame » Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:41 am

fan230 wrote:Shaq saying we are going to be knocked out in the first round. I think we fired Bud coz of that.

Whom do we fire now?

Doc.
This isn't complicated. He sucks too, just in different ways than Grief.
He's a horrible playoff coach, but jumping to that level early for us.

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2023/5/16/23725366/doc-rivers-nba-playoffs-history-blown-leads-game-7-record
fan230
Analyst
And1: 1,322

Post#96 » by fan230 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:41 am

blazza18 wrote:Wish we knew what the actually cause of the problems are for Dame before I fully stick the boot in. Undoubtedly not been the guy we expected and I'm pretty disappointed in his body language overall. I just don't understand where the shooting and playmaking drop off has come from. Gotta be rare for a star player to just stop making shots he has always made? I still want to hope he can turn it around.

I said this exactly same thing about Dame’s “body language “ in the preseason games. I don’t think it was too well received then. Well we are now at All Star Break and the body language has not changed in my opinion.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,392

Post#97 » by RiotPunch » Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:42 am

fan230 wrote:Beas is a 2 nd level player.

But Dame is worse than Jrue not only on defense but also on offense. Jrue could score in multiple ways . Not Dame. He just chucks. When they happen to fall, we get delirious and call it Dame Time; I can’t think of a sillier concept.

We traded Jrue and fired Bud. Just see the result. Complete collapse.

I don't know about that. Dame has been taking it to the rack. It's the unconfident passes that has completely bewildered me.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
fan230
Analyst
And1: 1,322

Post#98 » by fan230 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:42 am

I said this exactly same thing about Dame’s “body language “ in the preseason games. I don’t think it was too well received then. Well we are now at All Star Break and the body language has not changed in my opinion.
tonyreyes123
Starter
And1: 755

Post#99 » by tonyreyes123 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:42 am

Dame is Gary Payton with a mixtape. He’s washed and was never a winner anyway
Bucks tricked me into being a diehard in 2001, LeBron is the 2nd best player ever, and pizza is awesome.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,514

Post#100 » by HKPackFan » Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:43 am

Anyone get some brief ptsd with needing a late shot and our bucks bumbling around and getting off a terrible off balance falling down heave with no chance?

Today felt like... Same old bucks.
#FreeChuckDiesel

Return to Milwaukee Bucks