ImageImage

Round 1 Indy Lead Up

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

jimmybones
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,778

Re: Round 1 Indy Lead Up 

Post#81 » by jimmybones » Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:44 pm

Gotta win 1 of the first 2 at home without Giannis and hope he's good to go to try and take 3 of the next 5 with Giannis back. This is the way.

Not ruling out Cyborg Giannis playing game one. Not ruling out Dame going nuclear (not that I'd bet a single dollar on this) and winning the series without Giannis. Not ruling out getting swept. Who knows
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,755

Post#82 » by msiris » Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:07 pm

Game is still 6 days away.
Ride the tank
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,305

Post#83 » by humanrefutation » Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:08 pm

It's Dame Time.

Read on Twitter
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,179

Post#84 » by Ron Swanson » Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:18 pm

I'm not believing any of these "reports" until they rule him out at noon on Sunday. No one should.
fan230
Analyst
And1: 1,318

Post#85 » by fan230 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:21 pm

Doc should have rested Giannis in earlier games when he had tendinopathy. In fact Doc mentioned in his press conference that he himself had eyes and wanted to take Giannis out but kept him in because the medical staff said he is ok to continue playing. That is what Doc referred to when he said “But I have eyes, I should have taken him out”

Now the Bucks should NOT play Giannis the whole round 1; if they push him, Giannis should refuse to play.

This is what happens when a player gives his all game after game, puts up sterling numbers while much of the rest of the team sucks and we keep losing games even against very weak teams.

Also Bud was excellent in load management but our 2 coaches of this year were not.

We are at the precipice of losing Giannis to a Jabari type injury if we play him until and unless the injury is fully healed which won’t happen for a long time, perhaps much after we lose round 1.
JonHeist
Junior
And1: 609

Post#86 » by JonHeist » Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:34 pm

fan230 wrote:Doc should have rested Giannis in earlier games when he had tendinopathy. In fact Doc mentioned in his press conference that he himself had eyes and wanted to take Giannis out but kept him in because the medical staff said he is ok to continue playing. That is what Doc referred to when he said “But I have eyes, I should have taken him out”

Now the Bucks should NOT play Giannis the whole round 1; if they push him, Giannis should refuse to play.

This is what happens when a player gives his all game after game, puts up sterling numbers while much of the rest of the team sucks and we keep losing games even against very weak teams.

Also Bud was excellent in load management but our 2 coaches of this year were not.

We are at the precipice of losing Giannis to a Jabari type injury if we play him until and unless the injury is fully healed which won’t happen for a long time, perhaps much after we lose round 1.

in hindsight sure

but we finished only 2 games away from being in the f*cking play-in

imagine how mad everyone would be at doc if he had rested Giannis and we ended up the 7 seed
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,214

Post#87 » by theFireBlanket » Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:37 pm

fan230 wrote:Doc should have rested Giannis in earlier games when he had tendinopathy. In fact Doc mentioned in his press conference that he himself had eyes and wanted to take Giannis out but kept him in because the medical staff said he is ok to continue playing. That is what Doc referred to when he said “But I have eyes, I should have taken him out”

Excepting losing round 1, I concur. Doc should have trusted his instincts & overruled Giannis playing though pain.

Giannis should only play if he checks out medically & wants to play.

Bucks are beating Indy even without GA. Health above all. Just not ruling Giannis out, his work ethic with regard to recovery is insane.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
RogerMurdock
Analyst
And1: 6,636

Post#88 » by RogerMurdock » Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:37 pm

Bobby is going to average 30/15 in this series without Giannis.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,214

Post#89 » by theFireBlanket » Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:43 pm

RogerMurdock wrote:Bobby is going to average 30/15 in this series without Giannis.

How many steals though?
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,483

Post#90 » by KidA24 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:52 pm

chonestown wrote:Giannis put up 50 in the deciding championship game and had two sequences that will be looped forever until my brain goes to oatmeal.

If somebody else chooses to disregard/ignore/forget that, that's on them.

I'm good.

Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,153

Post#91 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:03 pm

emunney wrote:
MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:
Profound23 wrote:I think it makes sense. You look at how guys have rushed back from this injury and made it worse. What's worse:

Having Giannis out and losing the series?
or
Having Giannis rush back, tear his Achilles and never be the same?

Or
Having Giannis rush back and winning the series without getting injured?

There's obviously risks and I trust the team to make the right decision. I just don't think you can throw out the 2 worst case options and be like "See guys, it makes perfect sense not to play Giannis"

OR
Having Giannis out and winning anyway?

I mean, that's kind of my point. You can't just oversimplify it as worst case scenario. You need to look at all the possibilities and assess the probablilities.
RW23
Junior
And1: 211

Post#92 » by RW23 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:10 pm

Every report comes out for a reason.

Who has an incentive for Woj to tweet that?

Only the Bucks do -- so that the Pacers don't know how to gameplan, since they don't know if/when he's coming back or not. Or, the Bucks actually expect him back, and are leaking this to throw the Pacers off the scent.
slos
Starter
And1: 1,196

Post#93 » by slos » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:22 pm

Not having Giannis in a series and still feeling comfortable that we can win Indy is one of the few things that makes me like that Jrue for Dame trade.
jimmybones
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,778

Post#94 » by jimmybones » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:23 pm

This need to blame someone is just silly. Our medical staff is conservative and if they said he is okay to play then it doesn't mean they were wrong if a subsequent injury occurs. Guys get hurt in sports and while it sucks it doesn't mean anyone did anything wrong.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,643

Post#95 » by Profound23 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:04 pm

emunney wrote:
MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:Or
Having Giannis rush back and winning the series without getting injured?

There's obviously risks and I trust the team to make the right decision. I just don't think you can throw out the 2 worst case options and be like "See guys, it makes perfect sense not to play Giannis"

OR

I mean, that's kind of my point. You can't just oversimplify it as worst case scenario. You need to look at all the possibilities and assess the probablilities.

You can look at all the possibilities, but focus more on the probabilities.

The probabilities of the two things I listed are much higher than the probabilities of winning it all. If there is even a small probability than Giannis ruptures his achilles then it's not worth it.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,993

Post#96 » by emunney » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:31 pm

Profound23 wrote:
emunney wrote:OR

You can look at all the possibilities, but focus more on the probabilities.

The probabilities of the two things I listed are much higher than the probabilities of winning it all. If there is even a small probability than Giannis ruptures his achilles then it's not worth it.

That's totally subjective, there's nothing actually probabilistic about it.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,300

Post#97 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:46 pm

Do the Bucks have their pick next season? I'm preparing myself for the KD situation where they bring him back too soon from a sprain and he goes and has a more serious injury that knocks him out for a year.
DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,773

Post#98 » by DanoMac » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:55 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Do the Bucks have their pick next season? I'm preparing myself for the KD situation where they bring him back too soon from a sprain and he goes and has a more serious injury that knocks him out for a year.

Yes they do
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,221

Post#99 » by FrieAaron » Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:04 pm

DanoMac wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:Do the Bucks have their pick next season? I'm preparing myself for the KD situation where they bring him back too soon from a sprain and he goes and has a more serious injury that knocks him out for a year.

Yes they do

To be clear, we have a first round pick in 2024 (NOP can swap). We do NOT have a first round pick in 2025 (1-4 to NOP, 5-30 to NYK). Losing Giannis for the season would be a disaster.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,300

Post#100 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:04 pm

DanoMac wrote:

Yes they do

Doesn't look like it.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks