ImageImage

Post Game Bucks/Heat

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,198

Post#81 » by midranger » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:47 am

paul wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Damn didn't think it had got that bad yet Luke, but i would love for us just to enjoy one win without talking about trading someone. Imagine if we had of lost tonight?

Why? One win doesn't solve this team's problems.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
ClassicJack
Lead Assistant
And1: 967

Post#82 » by ClassicJack » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:47 am

europa wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Wade didn't get going until the second half and I think a lot of that was because Redd was playing hard against him defensively. Wade eventually got going because he's Wade and he's pretty damn good (even if he isn't close to 100 percent), but I still thought Redd was working hard on him defensively in the first half.

How dare you give Satan, er, Michael Redd credit for doing anything well....ever. He almost lost us this game with his half-assed high-fives during timeouts. :nonono:
F*** Marc Davis, f*** Tim Donaghy and f*** David Stern as a staff, record label and as a mothaf**kin crew......and if you wanna be down with Stern then F*** YOU TOO!!! Stu Jackson f*** you too.....all you mothaf**kas F*** YOU TOO!!!!
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#83 » by europa » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:49 am

LukePliska wrote:Honestly, why do you even try to defend Redd anymore?

He's the new Terry Stotts of the message board... Everything is his fault. It's his fault that we pay Simmons, Bell, Gadzuric and Mason their salaries... And it's fault that they have all played at a D-League level this season.

It's all Redd's fault we aren't a good defensive team, it's his fault that we aren't a great rebounding team and heck... It's his fault that we aren't a amazing offensive team as well.

It's his fault that our former first pick turned out to be an average player instead of a great one. It's his fault Yi isn't already as good as Dirk, since he is 'stunting his growth by being so selfish'.

He is a selfish, greedy bastard who would rather pad his scoring and stats than win. (Even though his scoring has gone down and his others have gone up?) Hell, rumor has it Redd actually goes home at night and plots how to make the Bucks lose.

As I said earlier in the season, I think he has three sixes carved into his head.

I don't know why I keep defending him but I guess it's because 99% of the criticisms against him are so completely out of touch with reality that I can't sit back and just let them slide without comment. A game like this should make it pretty clear what the team's problem has been all season long - notice how there was a victory on a rare night when Villanueva, Simmons and Bell all played well? That's this team's biggest problem, not Michael Redd. But I probably will stop replying to most of the Redd stuff as things go on. It's become utterly pointless to try and debate his merits against people who have such a bizarre hatred of the guy they clearly can't be reasoned with.

Europa, I agree the bench such as CV and Bell played well, but the Heat scrubs they played against looked awful. Haslem for example looks like a lot better player when he's got Shaq and Wade in their primes next to him.

He still put up 10-8 and played rugged ball. The guy is pretty darn good and I'd kill to have a guy like that on this team. He reminds me of Dale Davis in his prime with the Pacers.

And yes, the Bucks beat up a bunch of scrubs but guess what? The Bucks have been a bunch of scrubs for most of this season so again, no qualifiers from me. It was a good win and it was great to see those three bench guys all play well in the same game for the first time this season.
Nothing will not break me.
europa
RealGM

Post#84 » by europa » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:50 am

ClassicJack wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

He almost lost us this game with his half-assed high-fives during timeouts. :nonono:

:rofl:
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#85 » by Newz » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:51 am

midranger wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Redd may have been giving effort on Wade in the first, but he got help on literally every possession. Wade had 6 assists at half time passing out of the high double team. In the third, the Bucks allowed Redd to guard Wade by himself. The result was Wade destroyed Redd and sat his ass on the bench.

Holy crap!

We double teamed one of the best players in the NBA because we couldn't stop him one on one?!

Wait, let's trade Redd for someone who can guard Wade one on one! Oh... Wait, there isn't a player alive who can do that... I forgot.

Europa said he gave good defensive effort and he did, Redd played him hard... And Redd had a crappy game and Wade continued to light him up, because, well he is one of the top 10 basketball players in the world... That's why he was sat down in the 4th.
europa
RealGM

Post#86 » by europa » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:51 am

Simulack wrote:The bench played significantly better tonight, no doubt. But we shouldn't forget that Davis was torching Simmons for a while there.

11/7 in 18 is great for Bobby considering he has been utter **** this year but his positive contributions were partly balanced out by getting abused on D.

Still, the fact that he had ANY positive contribution is more than we can say about most of his games this year.

I thought his D was much better in the third quarter. It was brutal in the first when Davis lit him up but I thought it was better in the third. That quarter was as close to the real Bobby Simmons as we've seen in a long long time.
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#87 » by paul » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:53 am

Why? One win doesn't solve this team's problems.

Cause we've discussed the team being crap for a month and had a million trade threads, i just want us to be happy for a few minutes :D
europa
RealGM

Post#88 » by europa » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:54 am

LukePliska wrote:We double teamed one of the best players in the NBA because we couldn't stop him one on one?!

And conversely, the Heat focused all of their defensive attention on Mo. Oh wait, no they didn't it was Bogut. Nope, that wasn't it. It must've been Yi. No, it was Villanueva. Or was it Simmons? Or Bell? Could it have been Ivey?

Damn, for the life of me I can't figure out who the Heat were so damn concerned about defensively and whose every touch on the court drew so much defensive attention that it opened things up for other players for the Bucks. It'll come to me, though. Just hang on ...
midranger
RealGM

Post#89 » by midranger » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:55 am

LukePliska wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Holy crap!

We double teamed one of the best players in the NBA because we couldn't stop him one on one?!

Wait, let's trade Redd for someone who can guard Wade one on one! Oh... Wait, there isn't a player alive who can do that... I forgot.

Europa said he gave good defensive effort and he did, Redd played him hard... And Redd had a crappy game and Wade continued to light him up, because, well he is one of the top 10 basketball players in the world... That's why he was sat down in the 4th.

Saying a guy played good defense on a great player without mentioning that it was part of a double team every possession is somewhat dishonest contextually. Especially, when he was lit up when the second defender was taken away.

Thats just me though.
Newz
Banned User

Post#90 » by Newz » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:55 am

europa wrote:As I said earlier in the season, I think he has three sixes carved into his head.

I don't know why I keep defending him but I guess it's because 99% of the criticisms against him are so completely out of touch with reality that I can't sit back and just let them slide without comment. A game like this should make it pretty clear what the team's problem has been all season long - notice how there was a victory on a rare night when Villanueva, Simmons and Bell all played well? That's this team's biggest problem, not Michael Redd. But I probably will stop replying to most of the Redd stuff as things go on. It's become utterly pointless to try and debate his merits against people who have such a bizarre hatred of the guy they clearly can't be reasoned with.

I share the same opinion as you that it has been our 26 million dollars spent on Simmons, Mason, Gadzuric and Bell that have cost us and them playing at a D-League type level this season... Not our only player who has ever made an all-star game and is regarded highly enough by professional basketball people everywhere that he was selected to be on the Olympic team.

I also heard that 666 rumor... I heard the church he built his father was actually so they could worship satan and pray for Buck's losses.
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM
And1: 172

Post#91 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:56 am

europa wrote:Damn, for the life of me I can't figure out who the Heat were so damn concerned about defensively and whose every touch on the court drew so much defensive attention that it opened things up for other players for the Bucks. It'll come to me, though. Just hang on ...
The Bucks had their best offensive quarter in the 4th with Redd on the bench.
Simulack
RealGM
And1: 4

Post#92 » by Simulack » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:56 am

europa wrote:Damn, for the life of me I can't figure out who the Heat were so damn concerned about defensively and whose every touch on the court drew so much defensive attention that it opened things up for other players for the Bucks. It'll come to me, though. Just hang on ...

It opened things up even more for other Bucks players when Redd was on the bench and we scored 32 in the 4th on over 60% shooting.
midranger
RealGM

Post#93 » by midranger » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:57 am

And conversely, the Heat focused all of their defensive attention on Mo. Oh wait, no they didn't it was Bogut. Nope, that wasn't it. It must've been Yi. No, it was Villanueva. Or was it Simmons? Or Bell? Could it have been Ivey?

Damn, for the life of me I can't figure out who the Heat were so damn concerned about defensively and whose every touch on the court drew so much defensive attention that it opened things up for other players for the Bucks. It'll come to me, though. Just hang on ...

Pretty (absolutely) sure that Johnny Mac was talking about the Heat bring the high double against Mo, the same way that the Bucks were bringing the high double against Wade.

Don't let facts stand in your way though.
europa
RealGM

Post#94 » by europa » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:58 am

LukePliska wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I also heard that 666 rumor... I heard the church he built his father was actually so they could worship satan and pray for Buck's losses.

That explains a great many things.

It opened things up even more for other Bucks players when Redd was on the bench and we scored 32 in the 4th on over 60% shooting.

Yup, for one of the first times all season long, someone other than Redd, Bogut, Mo or Yi played well. As I've been saying, maybe if those guys would have played well at some point before 2008 the team's record wouldn't be so terrible. Crazy thought I realize.
Newz
Banned User

Post#95 » by Newz » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:59 am

Saying a guy played good defense on a great player without mentioning that it was part of a double team every possession is somewhat dishonest contextually. Especially, when he was lit up when the second defender was taken away.

Thats just me though.

Great players score while other players play good defense on them... For example, go back and watch a rerun of LeBron dominating the Pistons last season in the playoffs... They pretty much put 5 guys on him and he still scored.

Redd gave effort, did his best to slow him down... It just wasn't good enough. A lot of guys fail miserably when trying to guard Wade, I wouldn't rip on Redd for getting scored on... Especially when he was clearly giving effort tonight.
jeremyd236
General Manager
And1: 16

Post#96 » by jeremyd236 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:59 am

adamcz wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

The Bucks had their best offensive quarter in the 4th with Redd on the bench.

Is this "fact" supposed to change the argument? The Bucks had one quarter better offensively with Redd out?

How about last season when we went 3-19 when he was out with injury? How many quarters were better offensively then?

We have one better quarter and the team is better without Redd on the court?
europa
RealGM

Post#97 » by europa » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:00 am

Pretty (absolutely) sure that Johnny Mac was talking about the Heat bring the high double against Mo, the same way that the Bucks were bringing the high double against Wade.

Don't let facts stand in your way though.

They never do. I usually end up supplying them to counter many of your bizarre statements. The fact is the Heat loaded up defensively to stop Redd tonight and it worked. They were determined not to let him beat them and he didn't. The good news for the Bucks is they had plenty of other guys finally step up and contribute. If Villanueva, Bell and Simmons all play as they usually have this season, the Bucks lose again.
midranger
RealGM

Post#98 » by midranger » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:03 am

They never do. I usually end up supplying them to counter many of your bizarre statements. The fact is the Heat loaded up defensively to stop Redd tonight and it worked. They were determined not to let him beat them and he didn't. The good news for the Bucks is they had plenty of other guys finally step up and contribute. If Villanueva, Bell and Simmons all play as they usually have this season, the Bucks lose again.

And yet you now choose to ignore that the Heat were doubling Mo while leaving Luke Jackson to defend Redd?
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#99 » by jerrod » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:03 am

so you're saying that johnny mac was just flat out wrong?
L&H_05
RealGM
And1: 94

Post#100 » by L&H_05 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:04 am

Redd scores 8, you have a more balanced attack, and your reward for that is a W...

Bottle up this formula !!!

Return to Milwaukee Bucks