ImageImage

Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Horst to Detroit rumor

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,324

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Galloway Signed to 2 year, 2-Way Deal 

Post#921 » by jakecronus8 » Fri Mar 8, 2024 6:52 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
jakecronus8 wrote:I really hope they try Khris off the bench when he's ready. Makes sense to stagger his and Dame's minutes a bit and also makes sense from the limiting his minutes standpoint.

Less minutes so he's less likely to slip on a wet spot or have KD undercut him?

To mitigate his chances of getting injured again so...sure?
Do it for Chuck
jakecronus8
RealGM

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Galloway Signed to 2 year, 2-Way Deal 

Post#922 » by jakecronus8 » Fri Mar 8, 2024 6:54 pm

Profound23 wrote:
raferfenix wrote:It's a big caveat that the Bucks lack athletic ability *aside from the Greek Freak.*

That said yes having another guy who could bolt up the court and punish teams would absolutely help.

However I could also see Doc getting Dame and Giannis going in transition better as is too.

If Dame wants to leave this offseason I am trying to get Cleveland involved and take back Mobley/Mitchell if possible in some type of 3 way deal.

Makes Lopez and Middleton easier to trade away. Dame for Mobley/Mitchell. Then trade Lopez/Middleton for picks and a younger PG. Or Dame for Garland/Mobley and trade Lopez/Middleton for a younger wing and picks.

I'd lmao if Dame asked out and Cleveland was a preferred destination.

If there is a problem there I don't think its necessarily that its because its Milwaukee. Its because Milwaukee is not Miami. Not so sure his motivation was based on winning a title. I still maintain that he assumed Miami would eventually get done and he had already pictured himself as doing the mid life crisis thing whilst banging coked up models on South Beach every night. Milwaukee night life is slightly different. :lol:
Do it for Chuck
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,643

Post#923 » by Profound23 » Fri Mar 8, 2024 6:58 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:
Profound23 wrote:
raferfenix wrote:It's a big caveat that the Bucks lack athletic ability *aside from the Greek Freak.*

That said yes having another guy who could bolt up the court and punish teams would absolutely help.

However I could also see Doc getting Dame and Giannis going in transition better as is too.

If Dame wants to leave this offseason I am trying to get Cleveland involved and take back Mobley/Mitchell if possible in some type of 3 way deal.

Makes Lopez and Middleton easier to trade away. Dame for Mobley/Mitchell. Then trade Lopez/Middleton for picks and a younger PG. Or Dame for Garland/Mobley and trade Lopez/Middleton for a younger wing and picks.

I'd lmao if Dame asked out and Cleveland was a preferred destination.

If there is a problem there I don't think its necessarily that its because its Milwaukee. Its because Milwaukee is not Miami. Not so sure his motivation was based on winning a title. I still maintain that he assumed Miami would eventually get done and he had already pictured himself as doing the mid life crisis thing whilst banging coked up models on South Beach every night. Milwaukee night life is slightly different. :lol:

No, I meant if he wanted to go to Miami or LA we would hopefully get Cleveland involved for a 3team deal bringing back Mobley and either Mitchell or Garland.

I just think Giannis and Mobley would be perfect together.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,388

Post#924 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Mar 8, 2024 7:16 pm

BigO wrote:I can't figure out what disagreement there is on KM.

1) He is an excellent player when healthy and if he plays this year he is the difference between having a good shot at a title vs. having very little chance.

2) He has been injured quite a bit, much more than other NBA players and it has hurt the Bucks. It isn't his fault, but he seems to have a body that can't withstand the grind.

Can we all just agree to these two things and move on?

Agreed.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 3,054

Post#925 » by BUCKnation » Fri Mar 8, 2024 7:19 pm

The most annoying part about Midds is how slow he is at recovering from these injuries. Obviously we have the freak who basically lost a leg, but came back 2 weeks later, but Middleton keeps getting these flukey injuries and taking forever to get back.

He's way more valuable to us than most anyone that would actually trade for him, so that's tough as well if we actually wanted to move on.
jakecronus8
RealGM

Post#926 » by jakecronus8 » Fri Mar 8, 2024 7:34 pm

BUCKnation wrote:
He's way more valuable to us than most anyone that would actually trade for him, so that's tough as well if we actually wanted to move on.

Theoretically this is true but only assuming health, which clearly we cannot.
Do it for Chuck
emunney
RealGM
And1: 37,008

Post#927 » by emunney » Fri Mar 8, 2024 8:32 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:

1) He is an excellent player when healthy and if he plays this year he is the difference between having a good shot at a title vs. having very little chance.

2) He has been injured quite a bit, much more than other NBA players and it has hurt the Bucks. It isn't his fault, but he seems to have a body that can't withstand the grind.

Agreed.

I feel like if people agreed with the first point they'd more or less throw up their hands at the second point. It has to be said, though, that Khris had that bad hamstring injury 8 years ago, and he's struggled to stay on the court the last two years. But he has played 43 games this year, and in the five years between the hamstring and the knee, he played:

66/82
68/72
62/73
77/82
82/82

Maybe when people say he's always injured, they mean he's missed a lot of time the last two years, but it feels to me like it's more than that and there's a vocal group of people with inaccurate memories of how durable he's actually been over the course of his career.

Relatedly, and I'm not saying this because we have a double standard, because he takes it a lot worse and he doesn't even play for us: Woj reported that Embiid would be re-evaluated after 4 weeks on Feb 6th and we haven't heard ****. Meanwhile Maxey is about to miss his 3rd straight game with a concussion and the 6ers are looking plum ****.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
yb90
Pro Prospect
And1: 259

Post#928 » by yb90 » Fri Mar 8, 2024 8:58 pm

Can you do PRP treatments for ankles and if so would khris' injury be a candidate for that procedure? What would be the recovery time?
-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,682

Post#929 » by -Jragon- » Fri Mar 8, 2024 9:02 pm

emunney wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:

Agreed.

I feel like if people agreed with the first point they'd more or less throw up their hands at the second point. It has to be said, though, that Khris had that bad hamstring injury 8 years ago, and he's struggled to stay on the court the last two years. But he has played 43 games this year, and in the five years between the hamstring and the knee, he played:

66/82
68/72
62/73
77/82
82/82

Maybe when people say he's always injured, they mean he's missed a lot of time the last two years, but it feels to me like it's more than that and there's a vocal group of people with inaccurate memories of how durable he's actually been over the course of his career.

Relatedly, and I'm not saying this because we have a double standard, because he takes it a lot worse and he doesn't even play for us: Woj reported that Embiid would be re-evaluated after 4 weeks on Feb 6th and we haven't heard ****. Meanwhile Maxey is about to miss his 3rd straight game with a concussion and the 6ers are looking plum ****.

Let's remember even more. How many of those games were on a minutes restriction? How many of those games did he just not look like his regular self yet -- just trying to get back? How many of those games did he look completely healthy and 100% on offense and on defense? I'll wait.
emunney
RealGM

Post#930 » by emunney » Fri Mar 8, 2024 9:05 pm

-Jragon- wrote:
emunney wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:
Agreed.

66/82
68/72
62/73
77/82
82/82

Let's remember even more. How many of those games were on a minutes restriction? How many of those games did he just not look like his regular self yet -- just trying to get back? How many of those games did he look completely healthy and 100% on offense and on defense? I'll wait.

No need to wait. I think he looked great this year with his normal amount of stinkers. I think the minutes restriction was lifted after 18 games or so.

By the way, this is actually remembering less, not more. You're now only referring to this year. So yes, he's historically injured a lot, if you consider 'history' to be 'the current season'.
emunney
RealGM

Post#931 » by emunney » Fri Mar 8, 2024 9:08 pm

Last year we had a ton of hand-wringing over Khris' health all year only for him to be our best player in the playoffs and for Giannis to get hurt because Kevin Love is a chode.
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,222

Post#932 » by FrieAaron » Fri Mar 8, 2024 9:12 pm

If Khris comes back and can be at the level he was at during the Miami series last year we'll be crazy good. My biggest concern at that point would be the limited minutes he's had specifically after the coaching change.
-Jragon-
Head Coach

Post#933 » by -Jragon- » Fri Mar 8, 2024 9:12 pm

emunney wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:
emunney wrote:

66/82
68/72
62/73
77/82
82/82

No need to wait. I think he looked great this year with his normal amount of stinkers. I think the minutes restriction was lifted after 18 games or so.

By the way, this is actually remembering less, not more. You're now only referring to this year. So yes, he's historically injured a lot, if you consider 'history' to be 'the current season'.

My question was referring to the last 8 years. Even though he played 60+ games those years.. half probably were on minutes restrictions or he looked like he wasn't able to go full speed.. hobbled from something. I rarely remember a full speed Middleton since b4 2016. Maybe in the 2021 playoffs they gave him a really good cortisone shot and he looked great physically in many of those games. Last year he had good stretches early but maybe the shot wore off by the 4th quarter or something.
-Jragon-
Head Coach

Post#934 » by -Jragon- » Fri Mar 8, 2024 9:13 pm

Being fair, I don't care that much about his health or going full speed if he can and will be our Klay and drill 3s unconciously. Stay out of the middle where we all already know the 7 footers will stick their leg under yours.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,195

Post#935 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Mar 8, 2024 9:13 pm

-Jragon- wrote:
emunney wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:

My question was referring to the last 8 years. Even though he played 60+ games those years.. half probably were on minutes restrictions or he looked like he wasn't able to go full speed.. hobbled from something. I rarely remember a full speed Middleton since b4 2016. Maybe in the 2021 playoffs they gave him a really good cortisone shot and he looked great physically in many of those games. Last year he had good stretches early but maybe the shot wore off by the 4th quarter or something.

The last 8 years? My guy, this is pure fantasy...
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,195

Post#936 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Mar 8, 2024 9:15 pm

You're literally just confusing Khris not being some prime Kobe-esque run-and-jump-athlete with him "being hurt all the time" lol.
-Jragon-
Head Coach

Post#937 » by -Jragon- » Fri Mar 8, 2024 9:17 pm

emunney wrote:Last year we had a ton of hand-wringing over Khris' health all year only for him to be our best player in the playoffs and for Giannis to get hurt because Kevin Love is a chode.

Giannis barreling into walls specifically designed to draw charges and injure Giannis hurt Giannis. He was showing good improvement in that area this year slowing down or catching in the post. He still has stretches some games where he barrels a bit.

I agree with you on Khris. If he can catch, shoot and drain 3s this last stretch of the year then I don't care about these games he's missing right now to get healthy as possible. We need him.
-Jragon-
Head Coach

Post#938 » by -Jragon- » Fri Mar 8, 2024 9:20 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:You're literally just confusing Khris not being some prime Kobe-esque run-and-jump-athlete with him "being hurt all the time" lol.

I mean not hobbling. He's been either out or looks like he's limping/hobbling around from nagging injuries every year. He hasnt been even running very often in the past 8 years. If my opinion is wrong then ok.. that's what I've seen.
-Jragon-
Head Coach

Post#939 » by -Jragon- » Fri Mar 8, 2024 9:26 pm

Idc... I just hope he's on a court somewhere right now practicing 3s because that will be open for him all playoffs.. did you see how fast those doubles were coming at GS? He'll be wide the F open the rest of the year if he just spreads the floor even 80% health Khris hitting 3s will be an X factor
-Jragon-
Head Coach

Post#940 » by -Jragon- » Fri Mar 8, 2024 9:28 pm

GS just beat us now every team will study that film and do those same exact tricks.. book it. Giannis needs to pump fake these chumps and get and 1 layups all day.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks