CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,742

Re: OT | Cars 

Post#541 » by CharityStripe34 » Tue Aug 1, 2023 2:12 am

PaulKellerman wrote:
CharityStripe34 wrote:
PaulKellerman wrote:
The GranTurismo was a Pininfirina design, an all-time classic. One of the most beautiful coupes of the last few decades, IMHO

I actually saw an MC Stradale rumbling down the highway on Saturday. Such a timless, gorgeous design and that engine note :waaa:

That engine is a monster. I remember walking home from work years ago. I had my big, Shure headphones on with music blasting. I see these xenon headlights in the distance and think, this is something special. Sure enough, the exhaust note starts picking up and it gets extremely pronounced as it gets close.

The big, over the ear headphones did nothing to muffle that violent sound. I'll never forget that

Everything that was derived from Ferrari's F136 & F154 engines have been masterpieces. Maserati and Alfa Romeo's versions have crossplane crankshaft whereas Ferrari's are flat-plane. Hence the drastically different engine notes from a Ferrari 458 than a Maserati Granturismo (both gorgeous engine notes nonetheless).
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
vegaspacker
Analyst
And1: 964

Post#542 » by vegaspacker » Tue Aug 1, 2023 3:35 am

How does one acquire permission to upload a photo here?

Sent from my SM-S918U using RealGM mobile app
I needs shades for this future thing we owning..... 8-) 8-) 8-)
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,093

Post#543 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Aug 1, 2023 4:16 am

vegaspacker wrote:How does one acquire permission to upload a photo here?

You don't upload photos here. You grab the URL of the photo and use IMG tags to post them. If it's your own pic you have to store it on a hosting site and then link to it here.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
vegaspacker
Analyst
And1: 964

Post#544 » by vegaspacker » Tue Aug 1, 2023 4:26 am

Thanks, MD. I spent the past few days making the antique tractor collection pop. They look pretty nice, the oldest I have is 95 years old, and the baby is only 51. I took a great picture and video. It's probably best for the other OT, but I wanted to share with them with team. You da best!!!

I needs shades for this future thing we owning..... 8-) 8-) 8-)
PaulKellerman
Junior
And1: 618

Post#545 » by PaulKellerman » Tue Aug 1, 2023 8:52 pm

CharityStripe34 wrote:
PaulKellerman wrote:
CharityStripe34 wrote:
I actually saw an MC Stradale rumbling down the highway on Saturday. Such a timless, gorgeous design and that engine note :waaa:

That engine is a monster. I remember walking home from work years ago. I had my big, Shure headphones on with music blasting. I see these xenon headlights in the distance and think, this is something special. Sure enough, the exhaust note starts picking up and it gets extremely pronounced as it gets close.

The big, over the ear headphones did nothing to muffle that violent sound. I'll never forget that

Everything that was derived from Ferrari's F136 & F154 engines have been masterpieces. Maserati and Alfa Romeo's versions have crossplane crankshaft whereas Ferrari's are flat-plane. Hence the drastically different engine notes from a Ferrari 458 than a Maserati Granturismo (both gorgeous engine notes nonetheless).

Flat-plane crankshaft engines are so sonorous but Maserati and Alfa work their magic. I wish BMW inline 6s sounded like that :(
CharityStripe34
General Manager

Post#546 » by CharityStripe34 » Wed Aug 2, 2023 4:36 pm

PaulKellerman wrote:
CharityStripe34 wrote:
PaulKellerman wrote:

Flat-plane crankshaft engines are so sonorous but Maserati and Alfa work their magic. I wish BMW inline 6s sounded like that :(

A cream-colored 458 Italia whizzed by me a couple of years ago (and even high-beam saluted me) and good lord that engine sounded stupendous.

I just think it's part of the ethnic DNA of Italians and their cars with engine notes, historically. Whereas the Germans' work is more "clinical" and they devote some of that effort to better window switches and electrics lol.
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
PaulKellerman
Junior

Post#547 » by PaulKellerman » Wed Aug 2, 2023 9:02 pm

CharityStripe34 wrote:
PaulKellerman wrote:
CharityStripe34 wrote:

A cream-colored 458 Italia whizzed by me a couple of years ago (and even high-beam saluted me) and good lord that engine sounded stupendous.

I just think it's part of the ethnic DNA of Italians and their cars with engine notes, historically. Whereas the Germans' work is more "clinical" and they devote some of that effort to better window switches and electrics lol.

Always an event seeing an Italian car fly by!
Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Post#548 » by Chapter29 » Fri Aug 4, 2023 3:25 pm

I have been talking to my wife about getting a C8 but my son says that if I do that I must get the Z06... a little expensive but...

5.5-liter naturally aspirated flat-plane crank V8, is the most powerful naturally aspirated V8 ever put in a production car with 670 hp (679 PS / 500 kW) and 460 lb-ft (624 Nm) on tap

That car is B E A U T iful and with that motor with it flat-plane crank sound like an F1 car.
Giannis
is
UponUs
PaulKellerman
Junior

Post#549 » by PaulKellerman » Sat Aug 5, 2023 4:27 pm

Chapter29 wrote:I have been talking to my wife about getting a C8 but my son says that if I do that I must get the Z06... a little expensive but...

5.5-liter naturally aspirated flat-plane crank V8, is the most powerful naturally aspirated V8 ever put in a production car with 670 hp (679 PS / 500 kW) and 460 lb-ft (624 Nm) on tap

That car is B E A U T iful and with that motor with it flat-plane crank sound like an F1 car.

Do it! Cars like that are going the way of the Dodo. I'd buy one in a heartbeat if I had the money
ReginaldDwight
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,782

Post#550 » by ReginaldDwight » Sat Aug 5, 2023 5:44 pm

Might be just me, but I don't love the C8. Shouldn't be called a Corvette IMO. I was in Denver and I probably saw 50 C8's was shocking how many I saw there compared to Milwaukee.
CharityStripe34
General Manager

Post#551 » by CharityStripe34 » Sat Aug 5, 2023 11:08 pm

Chapter29 wrote:I have been talking to my wife about getting a C8 but my son says that if I do that I must get the Z06... a little expensive but...

If you are able to, pull the trigger. Life is short. Flat-plane crank V8 is just pure auditory bliss (hence my love for the 458).

Sent from my LM-K500 using RealGM mobile app
jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,361

Post#552 » by jute2003 » Sun Aug 6, 2023 12:32 am

ReginaldDwight wrote:Might be just me, but I don't love the C8. Shouldn't be called a Corvette IMO. I was in Denver and I probably saw 50 C8's was shocking how many I saw there compared to Milwaukee.
On a nice day around Madison, I'll see about 22 of them. All with a different old guy wearing the same outfit driving them.
only a fan, only an opinion
PaulKellerman
Junior

Post#553 » by PaulKellerman » Sun Aug 6, 2023 6:48 pm

ReginaldDwight wrote:Might be just me, but I don't love the C8. Shouldn't be called a Corvette IMO. I was in Denver and I probably saw 50 C8's was shocking how many I saw there compared to Milwaukee.

That front end reminds me of a Hyundai Tiburon, at least the headlights. The design hasn't grown on me but that powertrain is a work of art especially in Z06 guise.
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,690

Post#554 » by SupremeHustle » Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:29 pm

Kinda love this. (New AMG GT)

jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
ackypoo
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,357

Post#555 » by ackypoo » Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:58 am

the standard c8 is going to be plenty fast.

unless you regularly track your car, im not sure how youd even tell a difference.
CharityStripe34
General Manager

Post#556 » by CharityStripe34 » Wed Aug 23, 2023 6:31 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:Kinda love this. (New AMG GT)

Fixed.
Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Post#557 » by Chapter29 » Wed Aug 23, 2023 7:13 pm

ackypoo wrote:

the standard c8 is going to be plenty fast.

unless you regularly track your car, im not sure how youd even tell a difference.

Not fast enough and the Z06 variant will destroy it as with all Vette's.

My STI and its little 4 cylinder is a 600 HP car and a block that is rated at 900hp so I have headroom to play if I want. I would be able to tell and yes I plan to track it and of course my STI. No way I will have an 8 cylinder with less power than my little 4 banger. :D

Since that post, my current thought is I am going to go with the standard C8 and add a supercharger....puts the car at roughly 700 HP. Wife is listening and hasn't said no yet. Fingers crossed.
Giannis
is
UponUs
PaulKellerman
Junior

Post#558 » by PaulKellerman » Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:10 pm

Stupendous dash-axle ratio. No one does cars with presence quite like Mercedes
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,690

Post#559 » by SupremeHustle » Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:14 pm

PaulKellerman wrote:

Give me the presence of an Aston Martin over a Benz any day. :D
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
PaulKellerman
Junior

Post#560 » by PaulKellerman » Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:17 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:
PaulKellerman wrote:

Give me the presence of an Aston Martin over a Benz any day. :D

I agree. The DBS is one of the prettiest cars I've ever seen but Mercedes coupes such as the CL, SLS, AMG GT are breathtaking as well

Return to Milwaukee Bucks