Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

ReginaldDwight
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,782

Re: OT | Cars 

Post#501 » by ReginaldDwight » Sun Apr 17, 2022 6:34 am

MikeIsGood wrote:
jute2003 wrote:
tski1972 wrote:The Vibe is finally dying…looking for suggestions for used small/mid size SUV’s at a friendly price, wife doesn’t want to buy new.
Needing a car in this market.....
I vote buy new. The used market is frickin stupid

Agreed. Used car prices are absurd right now. It'll be cheaper if you find something at like a mom-and-pop used lot, but it's still likely to be absurd comparatively. Certified from dealerships, used are virtually the same price as new right now. It's unfortunately just a rough time to buy a car.

All of that said, I'd suggest the Hyundai Kona if she was a fan of the Vibe. Fun subcompact with some personality.

Carvana is probably your best used bet because it opens up a larger market, but still no reason to go used. Just get the new whip and enjoy. If you made the Vibe last that long youll prolly make a new Subi or Honda last forever.
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,690

Post#502 » by SupremeHustle » Wed Jul 6, 2022 8:25 pm

I forgot to share what I ended up getting. It's basically this, a '21 yellow F-Type R, but with darker windows. I cannot go anywhere without people staring and taking pics which is shocking for a car that's not really exotic. It is beautiful in person, though. And it sounds amazing.

I decided against the Lotus because I wouldn't have it until maybe the winter and it's not a winter car. Got my eye on an Aston Martin Vantage next. As soon as they put Apple Car Play in it lol.

Pro shot:

Me and Minez:

jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 3,009

Post#503 » by BUCKnation » Wed Jul 6, 2022 8:32 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:I forgot to share what I ended up getting. It's basically this, a '21 yellow F-Type R, but with darker windows. I cannot go anywhere without people staring and taking pics which is shocking for a car that's not really exotic. It is beautiful in person, though. And it sounds amazing.

I decided against the Lotus because I wouldn't have it until maybe the winter and it's not a winter car. Got my eye on an Aston Martin Vantage next. As soon as they put Apple Car Play in it lol.

Literally saw this car today but in red. Looks good.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,093

Post#504 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Jul 6, 2022 10:00 pm

Type R's are fantastic.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
ReginaldDwight
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,782

Post#505 » by ReginaldDwight » Wed Jul 6, 2022 10:17 pm

Yeah that a sick ride. But damn Supreme a Jag Type R in that color is gonna turn just about every dudes with even a passing interest in cars head. Hows it drive?
SupremeHustle
RealGM

Post#506 » by SupremeHustle » Wed Jul 6, 2022 11:05 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Type R's are fantastic.

Wanted to get an SVR but they stopped making them and the old ones had too many miles on them.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
SupremeHustle
RealGM

Post#507 » by SupremeHustle » Wed Jul 6, 2022 11:09 pm

ReginaldDwight wrote:Yeah that a sick ride. But damn Supreme a Jag Type R in that color is gonna turn just about every dudes with even a passing interest in cars head. Hows it drive?

By far the quickest car I've owned by feel. Apparently it's not much quicker than my X4M on paper but reality is different. Handles great. Loud by not annoyingly so. Love the size. Very happy with it.

Big complaints are the creature comforts (is it a GT car or a sports car?) and the tech feels a generation behind. Oh, and it drinks gas like Mike drank Gatorade.
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,780

Post#508 » by Pachinko_ » Thu Jul 7, 2022 12:19 am

It is awesome, the kind of lines will never look old.

Now all you have to do is learn to say "My Jaaaaaaaag" in a British accent :lol:
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,742

Post#509 » by CharityStripe34 » Thu Jul 7, 2022 12:30 am

SupremeHustle wrote:I forgot to share what I ended up getting. It's basically this, a '21 yellow F-Type R, but with darker windows. I cannot go anywhere without people staring and taking pics which is shocking for a car that's not really exotic. It is beautiful in person, though. And it sounds amazing.

Pro shot:

Me and Minez:

Alfa Romeo is my favorite brand but easily second is Jaguar and the FType is a big reason why. Gorgeous car, congratulations. I get the similar treatment with my Giulia Veloce

Your car, I think, has the same ZF 8 speed torque converting auto which rocks the house. Especially in sport mode.

Sent from my LM-K500 using RealGM mobile app
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
CharityStripe34
General Manager

Post#510 » by CharityStripe34 » Thu Jul 7, 2022 1:43 pm

I've had my baby since 2018 (w/16 miles only) and not so much as a hiccup. Only wish it had the yellow calipers to give it the "Ferrari sedan" look (and maybe with the tan/brown interior). I drove 2.5 hours to get this one since it doesn't have a lot of the electric driver assist features (adaptive cruise, level-1 autonomous driving, etc.) or the panoramic roof.

"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,982

Post#511 » by Badgerlander » Fri Jul 8, 2022 5:21 pm

Pro shot:

Me and Minez:

Nice ride, love the color. Aston Martin Vantage Roadster is :onfire:
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,361

Post#512 » by jute2003 » Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:07 pm

When covid first hit, the future of me and my wife's business was very much up in the air. I downgraded my vehicle to be able to put more money in the bank...just in case. Since then, our industry has settled and things are mostly back to normal so I decided to splurge a bit.

I got myself a 2022 Tactical green Nissan Frontier Pro4x a couple weeks ago.

I just rolled over 1000 miles. It's the right size and is very comfortable. The suspension is a little stiff but that was expected. Frontiers had a major update for 2022 so I'm expecting some new model quirks but so far I am very happy.
only a fan, only an opinion
wallus
Rookie
And1: 1,191

Post#513 » by wallus » Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:53 am

Man I'd love for the car market to go back to somewhat normal so I can upgrade my ride. I'm too stubborn to overpay.
jute2003
Lead Assistant

Post#514 » by jute2003 » Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:47 am

wallus wrote:Man I'd love for the car market to go back to somewhat normal so I can upgrade my ride. I'm too stubborn to overpay.
You can find new vehicles that are priced ok. The used market is frickin stupid though
BMatt07
Starter
And1: 2,151

Post#515 » by BMatt07 » Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:31 am

Yeah, the car market is definitely not ideal at the moment.

I bought my new car at the beginning of April. Ended up buying a 2022 Hyundai Elantra N.

Buying process took about 3-4 months. Every dealership in the Milwaukee area wanted anywhere from $3,000-$10,000 over MSRP for the vehicle, which I was just not willing to do. Found a dealership in Madison that was an MSRP only dealer, and they happened to have one showing on Hyundai.com as being in transit. For the hell of it I gave them a call, and it was unspoken for. Placed my deposit down on the spot. MSRP, no added accessories.

I'm at around 1,200 miles at the moment, and look forward to getting in and driving every single day. Such a fun car.
CharityStripe34
General Manager

Post#516 » by CharityStripe34 » Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:59 pm

BMatt07 wrote:Yeah, the car market is definitely not ideal at the moment.

I bought my new car at the beginning of April. Ended up buying a 2022 Hyundai Elantra N.

Buying process took about 3-4 months. Every dealership in the Milwaukee area wanted anywhere from $3,000-$10,000 over MSRP for the vehicle, which I was just not willing to do. Found a dealership in Madison that was an MSRP only dealer, and they happened to have one showing on Hyundai.com as being in transit. For the hell of it I gave them a call, and it was unspoken for. Placed my deposit down on the spot. MSRP, no added accessories.

I'm at around 1,200 miles at the moment, and look forward to getting in and driving every single day. Such a fun car.

A buddy of mine had the Elantra N but then switched and got a Kona N that he loves (he loves hatchbacks). Met up with him yesterday it's not a bad looking car but it also cranks out 280-285bhp which is impressive considering the weight.
jute2003
Lead Assistant

Post#517 » by jute2003 » Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:29 pm

Zimbrick ftw!

Basically my experience with my frontier since it's a pro4x. S and sv trims are way easier to come by for msrp or below.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,263

Post#518 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Jul 12, 2022 3:53 pm

I got a flat this morning as I was entering work. Put the baby spare on. Baby spare is flat too. Cars are awesome.
BMatt07
Starter
And1: 2,151

Post#519 » by BMatt07 » Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:11 pm

CharityStripe34 wrote:

A buddy of mine had the Elantra N but then switched and got a Kona N that he loves (he loves hatchbacks). Met up with him yesterday it's not a bad looking car but it also cranks out 280-285bhp which is impressive considering the weight.

I initially wanted a Veloster N, but I couldn't find one anywhere in Wisconsin to even test drive it.

Still haven't seen a Kona N in person either. The Kona comes in this Sonic Blue color that's like a blend of gray and light blue, I wish that color was available on the Elantra N.

Just got the Elantra N tinted at Blackout out in Waukesha. Went 30% all around.

jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,962

Post#520 » by jschligs » Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:36 pm

How tall are you Supreme? That car looks slick but I feel I'd be too cramped in it at 6'4" lol. That's why my second vehicle is going to be a more luxury sedan type whip.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks