ImageImage

Bucks Media Thread (Discussion of Bucks & Sports Media) - Sparky postgame show back starting tomorrow

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

German Athens
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,029

Re: Bucks Media Thread (Discussion of Bucks and Sports Media) - Duncan/Madden pod, pg 35 

Post#741 » by German Athens » Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:43 pm

I’ve preferred the gyrostep and win in 6 to LOB for quite awhile. I haven’t thought LOB was all that substantive, and kept things pretty surface level, even with Kane.

My favorite though is probably when Adam and Ti do a pod together. They’re both hosts of their own pods, win in 6 and the gyrostep, but I think they’re good when together, highlighted because their normal co-hosts just aren’t as good.

Rohan adds basically no novel insights, and speaks mostly in platitudes. Jordan is okay, but he can be hard to listen to, because he’ll frequently kinda mutter under his breath then almost yell - it’s a tough listen in the car.

Adam and Ti compose themselves well, come in pretty well researched, and take as much time needed to dig into stuff.
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 6,055

Re: Bucks Media Thread (Discussion of Bucks and Sports Media) - Duncan/Madden pod, pg 35 

Post#742 » by Siefer » Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:10 pm

Kane was a good host and could keep up, even if Frank was the one bringing the more meaty analysis. Right now both the content and delivery are pretty rough, and I'd guess listenership is reflecting that.
0BobLobLaw0
Starter
And1: 2,018

Post#743 » by 0BobLobLaw0 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:11 pm

German Athens wrote:I’ve preferred the gyrostep and win in 6 to LOB for quite awhile. I haven’t thought LOB was all that substantive, and kept things pretty surface level, even with Kane.

My favorite though is probably when Adam and Ti do a pod together. They’re both hosts of their own pods, win in 6 and the gyrostep, but I think they’re good when together, highlighted because their normal co-hosts just aren’t as good.

Rohan adds basically no novel insights, and speaks mostly in platitudes. Jordan is okay, but he can be hard to listen to, because he’ll frequently kinda mutter under his breath then almost yell - it’s a tough listen in the car.

Adam and Ti compose themselves well, come in pretty well researched, and take as much time needed to dig into stuff.

What is win in 6 on?

I use Google podcasts and there are only 2 old episodes
Why should you go to jail for a crime someone else noticed? You don't need double talk... You need Bob Loblaw.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,694

Post#744 » by Matches Malone » Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:05 pm

Read on Twitter
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,522

Post#745 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:57 pm

Fubo is only streamer that has Bally's right now. But unfortunately it's still Bally's. The Brewers did a similar promotion with Fubo.

Whenever Bally's goes under and the Bucks/NBA take control of the broadcasts I would expect they'll do something similar to the Suns, a mix of broadcast and streaming options. It will likely be a standalone app for the streaming portion.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,681

Post#746 » by chonestown » Tue Dec 26, 2023 8:33 pm

Gun to your head, who would you rather have serve as post-Marques color commentator, Novak or Gina Della from Pella?
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
Ryan5UW
General Manager
And1: 1,001

Post#747 » by Ryan5UW » Tue Dec 26, 2023 8:41 pm

chonestown wrote:Gun to your head, who would you rather have serve as post-Marques color commentator, Novak or Gina Della from Pella?

Pull the trigger
"It's an illusion, Michael. A trick is something a whore does for money."
chonestown
General Manager

Post#748 » by chonestown » Tue Dec 26, 2023 9:07 pm

<Gina Della voice>
Alaa Abdelnaby
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”

-DCB
ReginaldDwight
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,771

Post#749 » by ReginaldDwight » Tue Dec 26, 2023 9:10 pm

chonestown wrote:Gun to your head, who would you rather have serve as post-Marques color commentator, Novak or Gina Della from Pella?

Id rather Fotis
chonestown
General Manager

Post#750 » by chonestown » Tue Dec 26, 2023 9:27 pm

ReginaldDwight wrote:

Id rather Fotis

Fotis moving up in the rankings, you love too see it

-DCB
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,728

Post#751 » by CharityStripe34 » Tue Dec 26, 2023 9:56 pm

ReginaldDwight wrote:

Id rather Fotis
Absolute W. Imagine gems like my sig uttered live on a broadcast. Hot takes HOF material.

Sent from my LM-K500 using RealGM mobile app
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,100

Post#752 » by paulpressey25 » Tue Dec 26, 2023 10:20 pm

Choose your commentator is now here.

Just saw the other day that Nate and Danny now don’t have to worry about unauthorized broadcast lawsuits. They do their shtick on league pass.

And evidently the bucks game the other day had two WNBA women doing an alt broadcast.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,276

Post#753 » by jakecronus8 » Wed Dec 27, 2023 5:15 am

Bart Winkler got a national gig on CNS Sports radio. Happy for him as he was imo the best milwaukee sports radio guy in my lifetime but sad to see his podcast go.
Do it for Chuck
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,072

Post#754 » by MVP2110 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:18 pm

Read on Twitter
?t=AP9q_tEFVXed9uY4ya-8tg&s=19
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,080

Post#755 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:24 pm

Under the terms of Amazon’s investment, the tech giant will enter into a commercial arrangement to provide access to Diamond’s services via Prime Video. Prime Video will become Diamond’s primary partner through which customers will be able to purchase direct-to-consumer access to stream local Diamond channels. Customers will be able to access all local DTC content, including live MLB, NBA and NHL games, and pre- and post-game programming, for the teams for which Diamond retains DTC rights, through Prime Video Channels. Additional details regarding pricing and availability will be announced at a later date.

In addition, Diamond said, it “looks forward to continuing to partner with its existing [pay TV] distribution partners to broadcast its MLB, NBA and NHL content.”
ColeWorld23
Sixth Man
And1: 684

Post#756 » by ColeWorld23 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:26 pm

MVP2110 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?t=AP9q_tEFVXed9uY4ya-8tg&s=19

Game changer! Hope to never see those **** snippets again.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#757 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:34 pm

Well well well the only reason I have Spectrum is for Bucks/Brewers. I'll make sure the experience is good on Amazon and then give Spectrum the boot.

So basically I can watch Bucks and Brewers on Prime? It would be the same Bally's broadcast?
BuckFan25226
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,010

Post#758 » by BuckFan25226 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:35 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Well well well the only reason I have Spectrum is for Bucks/Brewers. I'll make sure the experience is good on Amazon and then give Spectrum the boot

I went to DirecTV stream about a month ago. Love it so far.
"didnt you watch the game with the raptors?bucks is also a playoff team ,they have enough ability to find wins from dalas and utach,
blow jazzs bitches and mavericks bitches out !"

- yiyiyi
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#759 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:37 pm

BuckFan25226 wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:Well well well the only reason I have Spectrum is for Bucks/Brewers. I'll make sure the experience is good on Amazon and then give Spectrum the boot

I went to DirecTV stream about a month ago. Love it so far.

Good to hear. I'm going to look at them and YouTube. Spectrum just raised my bill a lot the first of the year and wouldn't budge
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,072

Post#760 » by MVP2110 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:38 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Well well well the only reason I have Spectrum is for Bucks/Brewers. I'll make sure the experience is good on Amazon and then give Spectrum the boot.

So basically I can watch Bucks and Brewers on Prime? It would be the same Bally's broadcast?

I'm in the same boat as you. Once I can verify that the product is good I can finally give Spectrum the boot
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"

Return to Milwaukee Bucks