ImageImage

Bucks Media Thread (Discussion of Bucks & Sports Media) - Sparky postgame show back starting tomorrow

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

BuckFan25226
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,010

Re: Bucks Media Thread (Discussion of Bucks and Sports Media) - Duncan/Madden pod, pg 35 

Post#761 » by BuckFan25226 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:40 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
BuckFan25226 wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:Well well well the only reason I have Spectrum is for Bucks/Brewers. I'll make sure the experience is good on Amazon and then give Spectrum the boot

I went to DirecTV stream about a month ago. Love it so far.

Good to hear. I'm going to look at them and YouTube. Spectrum just raised my bill a lot the first of the year and wouldn't budge

That's interesting. Once I switched to DTV Stream and then called and cancelled Spectrum, their retention department threw a crazy discount at me. I still use their internet.

This thread just reminded me I forgot to return my Spectrum DVR :banghead:

I went to a DVR only in my man cave because I was tired of the streaming/Bally issues. So far Stream and Bally's has been perfect.
"didnt you watch the game with the raptors?bucks is also a playoff team ,they have enough ability to find wins from dalas and utach,
blow jazzs bitches and mavericks bitches out !"

- yiyiyi
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,082

Re: Bucks Media Thread (Discussion of Bucks and Sports Media) - Duncan/Madden pod, pg 35 

Post#762 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:41 pm

It would be nice if the price to use the Diamond Sports Prime Channel (or whatever it'll be called) came in under $20 a month. But just not having to use the Bally's architecture will be a massive win.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#763 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:43 pm

Speaking of Spectrum, has anyone used their mobile? I'm sick of spending $55 a month on AT&T. It looks like I can unlock my iPhone and add Spectrum mobile for much less.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,522

Post#764 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:48 pm

BuckFan25226 wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:
BuckFan25226 wrote:

Good to hear. I'm going to look at them and YouTube. Spectrum just raised my bill a lot the first of the year and wouldn't budge

That's interesting. Once I switched to DTV Stream and then called and cancelled Spectrum, their retention department threw a crazy discount at me. I still use their internet.

This thread just reminded me I forgot to return my Spectrum DVR :banghead:

I went to a DVR only in my man cave because I was tired of the streaming/Bally issues. So far Stream and Bally's has been perfect.

Yeah I imagine when I actually cancel they'll try to give me a good deal. Every year when they raise my rates I call, tell them there are cheaper alternatives and they give me my old rate. This year they shrugged. Can't wait to tell them to shove it
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
el_chupacabra
Ballboy
And1: 29

Post#765 » by el_chupacabra » Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:29 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Speaking of Spectrum, has anyone used their mobile? I'm sick of spending $55 a month on AT&T. It looks like I can unlock my iPhone and add Spectrum mobile for much less.

I do. Three unlimited data lines, plus an Apple Watch line is running me about $70. You get a free 2nd line for the first year. It’s technically the Verizon network, so service has been good.
Long time lurker.
mlloyd10
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#766 » by mlloyd10 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:57 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
BuckFan25226 wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:Well well well the only reason I have Spectrum is for Bucks/Brewers. I'll make sure the experience is good on Amazon and then give Spectrum the boot

I pay $50 a month ( they say $29.99, but you have to pay for local broadcast rights) for spectum choice 15 ( steaming) - You get to pick 15 channels and Bally's is one channel they offer - You need to have spectum internet though.

I called Spectum and about my interment and now pay $109 for TV and internet ( 300 )
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,687

Post#767 » by MikeIsGood » Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:59 pm

el_chupacabra wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:Speaking of Spectrum, has anyone used their mobile? I'm sick of spending $55 a month on AT&T. It looks like I can unlock my iPhone and add Spectrum mobile for much less.

I do. Three unlimited data lines, plus an Apple Watch line is running me about $70. You get a free 2nd line for the first year. It’s technically the Verizon network, so service has been good.

Holy smokes, you're sick of $55/mo DB? I pay $110. Are you on a legacy legacy legacy plan?
BuckFan25226
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,010

Post#768 » by BuckFan25226 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:11 pm

Spectrum is Verizon. But it's is behind Verizon slightly due to priority coverage. Still very good I've heard.

I have a contract with AT&T for my business. Switched from T-mobile, which was atrocious in SE Wisconsin.

ATT is nothing to write home about, but much better than T-mobile.
"didnt you watch the game with the raptors?bucks is also a playoff team ,they have enough ability to find wins from dalas and utach,

blow jazzs bitches and mavericks bitches out !"

- yiyiyi
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#769 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:16 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:
el_chupacabra wrote:

Holy smokes, you're sick of $55/mo DB? I pay $110. Are you on a legacy legacy legacy plan?

I think I've been paying that since I got my iPhone X five or six years ago. Seems ridiculous to pay that much considering I'm using wifi about 95% of the time.
BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,128

Re: Bucks Media Thread (Discussion of Bucks and Sports Media) - Bucks (and Brewers) May Soon be Available on Amazon 

Post#770 » by BigO » Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:23 pm

Big O, I've reposted this in the Cut the Cord thread, it will get better responses there. It's been an ongoing thread for about 10 years but read through the most recent pages. I just posted some info and questions there this afternoon, I have many of the same questions you have.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1347901&p=110714401#p110714401

MD
BradMKE
Senior
And1: 553

Post#771 » by BradMKE » Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:29 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:It would be nice if the price to use the Diamond Sports Prime Channel (or whatever it'll be called) came in under $20 a month. But just not having to use the Bally's architecture will be a massive win.

I'm 99% sure it will be the same price as going through Bally directly. Bally will still offer it themselves so they won't let Amazon undercut them.

Amazon has similar Prime Video Channels for Max, Paramount, Starz, etc. and matches the price of signing up directly.

Like you said, only real benefit is not having to use the Bally app.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Re: Bucks Media Thread (Discussion of Bucks and Sports Media) - Bucks (and Brewers) May Soon be Available on Amazon 

Post#772 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:34 pm

When the current deals with Diamond/Bally's expire I bet Amazon will try to scoop those up.
BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,128

Post#773 » by BigO » Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:53 pm

BigO wrote: Big O, I've reposted this in the Cut the Cord thread, it will get better responses there. It's been an ongoing thread for about 10 years but read through the most recent pages. I just posted some info and questions there this afternoon, I have many of the same questions you have.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1347901&p=110714401#p110714401

MD

Thanks MD.
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,429

Post#774 » by GoldenAntlers » Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:54 pm

Prime time. Mega-corporation aside, this is awesome.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
MiltownHawkeye
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,416

Post#775 » by MiltownHawkeye » Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:10 pm

I live in Des Moines and literally had no way to legally watch the Brewers last season. I had MLB.tv via my phone provider but Brewer games were blacked out, and on Bally's they showed the Cardinals for some reason.

Selfishly this would be amazing news.
Free Chuck Diesel

Fire Steve Novak
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#776 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:25 pm

MiltownHawkeye wrote:I live in Des Moines and literally had no way to legally watch the Brewers last season. I had MLB.tv via my phone provider but Brewer games were blacked out, and on Bally's they showed the Cardinals for some reason.

It sounds like the same location restrictions will apply.
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,429

Post#777 » by GoldenAntlers » Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:27 am

MickeyDavis wrote:
MiltownHawkeye wrote:I live in Des Moines and literally had no way to legally watch the Brewers last season. I had MLB.tv via my phone provider but Brewer games were blacked out, and on Bally's they showed the Cardinals for some reason.

It sounds like the same location restrictions will apply.
The blurb said Local games.
Oh, right. Iowa.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#778 » by MickeyDavis » Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:43 pm

Last year the Suns took over broadcast from Bally's and all of their games are OTA on a local channel as well as available to stream via the Suns app. Looks like the Bucks are dipping their toe into the same pool.

Read on Twitter
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,958

Re: Bucks Media Thread (Discussion of Bucks & Sports Media) - 10 Bucks Games to be on Local OTA Station 

Post#779 » by BUCKnation » Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:20 pm

A lot of prime games too, good stuff
Reddeye
Bench Warmer
And1: 271

Post#780 » by Reddeye » Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:59 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:
el_chupacabra wrote:

You pay $110 for one line? ATT does have a unlimited data $50 a month plus whatever taxes and fees are. Which is still plenty high. I would try out Spectrum, but Verizon signal is poor where I live.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks