24/25 College Basketball

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,030

Re: 2021/22 College Basketball Thread 

Post#61 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Mar 2, 2022 8:44 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Pat Baldwin has been fired. Yikes.

Not sure what the yikes is for lol. He was 57-92 and would have been canned a year ago except for his kid.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
ReginaldDwight
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,782

Post#62 » by ReginaldDwight » Wed Mar 2, 2022 9:31 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:

Not sure what the yikes is for lol. He was 57-92 and would have been canned a year ago except for his kid.

Yep hes gone finally, hopefully someone whose been a HC will be next. McCollum is the dream, but id also be calling Matt Lewis at Oshkosh
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,183

Post#63 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Mar 3, 2022 12:56 am

Read on Twitter

LOL what the hell?
mattg
General Manager
And1: 3,012

Post#64 » by mattg » Thu Mar 3, 2022 1:44 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
Read on Twitter

LOL what the hell?

Coach K is retiring this year and is from Chicago. Jon Scheyer is taking over and is from the suburbs of Chicago. Seems to me that they're going to do some sort of ceremony for the passing of the torch after K's last game (if they don't make the final 4) and want it to be where those guys are from maybe. Only thing that really makes any sort of sense.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,183

Post#65 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Mar 3, 2022 2:04 am

I mean, yea, that's obviously why. It just seems premature.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,338

Post#66 » by crkone » Thu Mar 3, 2022 2:18 am

MikeIsGood wrote:

What a disastrous season. I watched only one game, but it looks like Pat Jr was equally disastrous - 12/6 on 34/27/74 splits :o I'm sure he'll try workouts, but I wonder if he'll end up transferring elsewhere for a year to try and raise his stock. Will he get first round looks still after performing so poorly against low-mid-major competition?

I don't expect other kids to follow this path he tried anytime soon.
He was also hurt the majority of the season.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
ReginaldDwight
Assistant Coach

Post#67 » by ReginaldDwight » Thu Mar 3, 2022 4:26 am

crkone wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:

What a disastrous season. I watched only one game, but it looks like Pat Jr was equally disastrous - 12/6 on 34/27/74 splits :o I'm sure he'll try workouts, but I wonder if he'll end up transferring elsewhere for a year to try and raise his stock. Will he get first round looks still after performing so poorly against low-mid-major competition?

I don't expect other kids to follow this path he tried anytime soon.
He was also hurt the majority of the season.

"Hurt" The Pat Baldwin era has the UWM hoops program on the table getting the paddles right now. The right coach can win the Horizon in two years maybe sooner with the transfer portal. I was at some of the worst college games in the country this year. IUPUI only had 5 guys for their tourney game. Pat Baldwin could play I think he walks fine every game but the team sucked and his pops was in over his head and lost the team early in the season.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,006

Post#68 » by Matches Malone » Thu Mar 3, 2022 2:38 pm

Wonder where Baldwin Jr will transfer to? I'd be shocked if he declared for the draft after taking a massive hit to his stock this year.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
ReginaldDwight
Assistant Coach

Post#69 » by ReginaldDwight » Thu Mar 3, 2022 3:33 pm

Matches Malone wrote:Wonder where Baldwin Jr will transfer to? I'd be shocked if he declared for the draft after taking a massive hit to his stock this year.

Duke or the NBA, he likely goes in the first rd still with a solid workout and clean bill of health. Scouts think with NBA treatments he will be fine. Bucks should take if hes there.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,224

Post#70 » by DingleJerry » Thu Mar 3, 2022 3:46 pm

Slide over to UW and take Davis' spot seems like the obvious move haha. Although, with someone who was clearly not planning on more than one year a transfer to a Duke/UW type school might not be the easiest with the academic stuff. Sure they'd find a way though.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,128

Post#71 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Thu Mar 3, 2022 3:49 pm

Matches Malone wrote:Wonder where Baldwin Jr will transfer to? I'd be shocked if he declared for the draft after taking a massive hit to his stock this year.

I think the transfer talk is crazy unless he has a horrible combine. He might lose some money over his first contract, but 1. would have guaranteed millions next year, 2. he should make it up by being able to sign his next contracts quicker

Also, who knows how far he falls next year if he ends up being a 3rd option at Duke. 7 out of the top 10 in NBCsports recent mock are freshman and some of the sophomores are unexpected risers like Davis. He will have a lot of competition again next year but next year he doesn't have age on his side or the benefit it was just an injury plagued season.

That said, it is amazing how much better Justin Lewis looked with only being 6 months older.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,128

Post#72 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Thu Mar 3, 2022 3:51 pm

ReginaldDwight wrote:

Duke or the NBA, he likely goes in the first rd still with a solid workout and clean bill of health. Scouts think with NBA treatments he will be fine. Bucks should take if hes there.

I think he would be great on the Bucks. Tall lanky shooter we havent had in a while.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,750

Post#73 » by MikeIsGood » Thu Mar 3, 2022 4:37 pm

He won't come to UW - too risky. If he comes here and plays like crap again, Gard - rightfully so - will bench him or reduce his role. The same thing might happen at Duke, but at least at Duke it can look like he was buried behind 5* depth.

TBH, he should go play for Buzz or someone similar.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,991

Post#74 » by BUCKnation » Fri Mar 4, 2022 3:09 pm

If he's actually good, he'd be fine at UW. The UW 'system' has always been a myth as star players will always get room to shine when they are on that level. The idea of going to duke would be good though. Pull a cam reddish and just skate by on your HS ranking and make a career out of it. I really do wish him the best though, it was cool to see the potential of him going to UWM.
ReginaldDwight
Assistant Coach

Post#75 » by ReginaldDwight » Fri Mar 4, 2022 6:20 pm

Hes gonna go in the first rd still. there will be teams that like his size and shooting stroke.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,750

Post#76 » by MikeIsGood » Fri Mar 4, 2022 6:33 pm

BUCKnation wrote:If he's actually good, he'd be fine at UW. The UW 'system' has always been a myth as star players will always get room to shine when they are on that level. The idea of going to duke would be good though. Pull a cam reddish and just skate by on your HS ranking and make a career out of it. I really do wish him the best though, it was cool to see the potential of him going to UWM.

It's not about the system. My point was that if he plays like **** here, we won't coddle him and feed him to get him numbers anyways. And if that happened here, it'd be another red mark on his resume; when it happens to guys at Duke, they get buried behind another 5* and there's an excuse about there being too much depth.

But I maintain that he should go play for someone who will coddle him and feed him for numbers.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,991

Post#77 » by BUCKnation » Fri Mar 4, 2022 8:01 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:
BUCKnation wrote:If he's actually good, he'd be fine at UW. The UW 'system' has always been a myth as star players will always get room to shine when they are on that level. The idea of going to duke would be good though. Pull a cam reddish and just skate by on your HS ranking and make a career out of it. I really do wish him the best though, it was cool to see the potential of him going to UWM.

It's not about the system. My point was that if he plays like **** here, we won't coddle him and feed him to get him numbers anyways. And if that happened here, it'd be another red mark on his resume; when it happens to guys at Duke, they get buried behind another 5* and there's an excuse about there being too much depth.

But I maintain that he should go play for someone who will coddle him and feed him for numbers.

Fully understand what you're saying. I basically said that as well, if he's good he'll be fine anywhere, if he's s*** he can get away with it at Duke, whereas at UW he won't have any of the excuses you brought up.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,926

Post#78 » by buckboy » Fri Mar 4, 2022 9:49 pm

Would love him at Wisconsin, but yeah, I don't see it.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
Diggr14
Analyst
And1: 1,151

Post#79 » by Diggr14 » Fri Mar 4, 2022 9:52 pm

DingleJerry wrote:Slide over to UW and take Davis' spot seems like the obvious move haha. Although, with someone who was clearly not planning on more than one year a transfer to a Duke/UW type school might not be the easiest with the academic stuff. Sure they'd find a way though.

If you can't maintain a 3.0 at UWM.. you just didnt bother to show up.
Khris Middleton - Beating up on Trash Can Teams since 1943. Invisible Man status otherwise.
Diggr14
Analyst
And1: 1,151

Post#80 » by Diggr14 » Fri Mar 4, 2022 9:53 pm

buckboy wrote:Would love him at Wisconsin, but yeah, I don't see it.

Depends on his attitude. If he is slightly humbled.. that would be a good first step. UW doesn't have a spot anyways.
Khris Middleton - Beating up on Trash Can Teams since 1943. Invisible Man status otherwise.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks