ImageImage

OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS, RACE OR RELIGION]

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,952

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS, RACE OR RELIGION] 

Post#1901 » by jschligs » Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:54 pm

Of course I say my company never closes so our daycare never does, then they decide today and my wife’s stays open when they always close. Fun day watching both kids but I’m wiped.

I did pick up a new snowblower, Toro 2 Stage and boy I’m glad I bit the bullet, shoveling was not gonna work today.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,225

Post#1902 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:13 am

Did some cleaning of closets this week and went through a bunch of taped up boxes. Found a digital camera I had during my whole time at Stout 20+ years ago. Amazingly it still works and I'm rewinding six tapes now.

We got into so much sh*t and a lot of it was on tape. I'm praying I didn't record over what I think I have because if it's still in tact I'm going to be howling laughing like a bastard and my friends are gonna get the best surprises once I figure out how to send them all of it.
ReginaldDwight
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,782

Post#1903 » by ReginaldDwight » Sat Jan 13, 2024 5:30 am

Meh, i tried to get some fresh snow laps in at the Rock after work today, literally made it halfway up my first chair when the power was lost. over an hour later they got their backup generator running before I woulda had to repel off like spiderman or something. We Energies taking it on the chin.
dbrodz7
Sixth Man
And1: 1,272

Post#1904 » by dbrodz7 » Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:49 pm

12 hours and counting with no power. I’ve got a 3 year old and a 2 month old, down to 60 in the house and we don’t have a fireplace. My daughter and wife both have RSV so we can’t go to any family or friends house. What a lovely f*cking start to the weekend!
Misery loves company
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,339

Post#1905 » by Mags FTW » Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:03 pm

dbrodz7 wrote:12 hours and counting with no power. I’ve got a 3 year old and a 2 month old, down to 60 in the house and we don’t have a fireplace. My daughter and wife both have RSV so we can’t go to any family or friends house. What a lovely f*cking start to the weekend!

Thought about a hotel?

When I was young, we had 1 AC window unit for the entire house. When it got insanely hot, we would get a room at the Airport Best Western and go swimming.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,655

Post#1906 » by JayMKE » Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:31 pm

think I might just move to like Louisiana lol
FREE GIANNIS
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,778

Post#1907 » by MikeIsGood » Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:48 pm

JayMKE wrote:think I might just move to like Louisiana lol

I assure you that Louisiana is not the right play (as much as I love NOLA...in the early spring or late fall).
vital_signs
Analyst
And1: 2,239

Post#1908 » by vital_signs » Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:22 pm

I think Youtube is intentionally making people with Adblock experience lag. Seems to be a fairly big issue right now. I paused my ad-block and huzzah, working like normal.

Bastards
Inadequate perception I reckon it's from the Valium
ReginaldDwight
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,782

Post#1909 » by ReginaldDwight » Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:24 pm

Anyone here rent cars traveling, I almost never do, but will need to next weekend. Companies you like?
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,055

Post#1910 » by MickeyDavis » Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:44 pm

ReginaldDwight wrote:Anyone here rent cars traveling, I almost never do, but will need to next weekend. Companies you like?

I always rent through Costco Travel. I've used them for about the last 10 years and they are always the cheapest for me. You do have to have a Costco membership but you can check prices without one. The prices you see are all-in, all taxes and fees are included. It also includes an extra driver at no extra cost, which we like because my GF and I will often both drive if we have a lot of miles.

You do not have to pay up front and can cancel at any time. Or rebook if the price goes down. They offer Budget, Alamo, Avis and Enterprise. Budget is usually the cheapest but not always.

And before you book join the loyalty club of whichever company you are choosing. Free and nice perks. With Budget if you are in their Fastbreak club you can skip the counter and go straight to the cars. That can save a lot of time.

That all said be sure to check other sites too as well as the rental companies themselves. Usually the initial rates you see are before taxes and fees so make sure you get the total. And often the cheapest deals require advance payment. And various cancellation policies.

Our rentals are usually a week to 10 days. If you're only doing a day or two the price differences could be small.

Prices went up a lot post Covid. '21, '22 and '23 we paid almost double. For a rental we're doing in February the price is down about 25% from the past 3 years but still higher than pre Covid.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,225

Post#1911 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:18 am

These were the best nachos I've ever made. I can't believe the low-carb tortillas are actually good. So was the white bread.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,926

Post#1912 » by buckboy » Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:11 am

Putting down our 13 year old lab tonight. Goddammit this sucks.

Best dog I've ever had.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
Wonka
General Manager
And1: 4,789

Post#1913 » by Wonka » Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:23 am

buckboy wrote:Putting down our 13 year old lab tonight. Goddammit this sucks.

Best dog I've ever had.

Sorry for your and your family’s loss. Nothing anybody can say but that.

Keep your head up, bud.
vital_signs
Analyst
And1: 2,239

Post#1914 » by vital_signs » Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:25 am

Best dog I've ever had.

Remember the good times. My lady lost her dog on NYE last year (came home from her grandparents to him on the floor). We still talk about him and have a little hill in the Black Hills that we named after him which I think has helped her.
Inadequate perception I reckon it's from the Valium
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,965

Post#1915 » by stellation » Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:32 am

Best dog I've ever had.

Sorry to hear that, brother. I have an 11 year old lab, I absolutely love him to death- likewise on the best dog sentiment. Beautiful, loving, loyal, crazy breed.
#FreeChuckDiesel
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,778

Post#1916 » by MikeIsGood » Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:34 am

Best dog I've ever had.

Damnit. I'm so sorry man.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,143

Post#1917 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:50 am

MickeyDavis wrote:
ReginaldDwight wrote:Anyone here rent cars traveling, I almost never do, but will need to next weekend. Companies you like?

I always rent through Costco Travel. I've used them for about the last 10 years and they are always the cheapest for me. You do have to have a Costco membership but you can check prices without one. The prices you see are all-in, all taxes and fees are included. It also includes an extra driver at no extra cost, which we like because my GF and I will often both drive if we have a lot of miles.

You do not have to pay up front and can cancel at any time. Or rebook if the price goes down. They offer Budget, Alamo, Avis and Enterprise. Budget is usually the cheapest but not always.

And before you book join the loyalty club of whichever company you are choosing. Free and nice perks. With Budget if you are in their Fastbreak club you can skip the counter and go straight to the cars. That can save a lot of time.

That all said be sure to check other sites too as well as the rental companies themselves. Usually the initial rates you see are before taxes and fees so make sure you get the total. And often the cheapest deals require advance payment. And various cancellation policies.

Our rentals are usually a week to 10 days. If you're only doing a day or two the price differences could be small.

Prices went up a lot post Covid. '21, '22 and '23 we paid almost double. For a rental we're doing in February the price is down about 25% from the past 3 years but still higher than pre Covid.

1. Make sure you credit card information is current. Had a few times where I had an expired card and had to wait in line like the plebs
2. Status match. Find a way to get top status at a car rental (promotion, credit card, etc) and then status match to all others. I had reserved a small SUV over Xmas at SIXT and got a 15% discount for being a platinum member. There were no SUVs and you could tell they were told not to release 3rd row SUVs. Guy on the phone with his supervisor kept saying i was a platinum member and they eventually released it no charge.......That was the second time I have ever rented from them.
3. Chase Sapphire, Ritz, Venture X etc have primary insurance. I think some of the Amex cards you can buy it for like $15.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,926

Post#1918 » by buckboy » Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:32 am

We have a 3 year old lab too. She's going to be lost.

4000 good days and one very, very **** one.

Thanks for the kind words.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,358

Post#1919 » by jute2003 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:56 am

buckboy wrote:We have a 3 year old lab too. She's going to be lost.

Every time I've cried in the last 20 years has been because a pet died. I'm sorry man.
only a fan, only an opinion
Wonka
General Manager
And1: 4,789

Post#1920 » by Wonka » Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:55 am

buckboy wrote:We have a 3 year old lab too. She's going to be lost.

Let us know if you guys need anything :/ even if you just wanna chat about stuff.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks