FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,209

Re: OT: Video Games/Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos 

Post#21 » by FrieAaron » Wed May 17, 2023 7:12 pm

TroyD92 wrote:
FrieAaron wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
Oh my bad I was referring to Diablo. I don't play Overwatch, though I would have had they actually gone and implemented some PvE.

They went into some detail on the battlepass in the Diablo livestream. Basically, the free track of the battlepass will have some sort of currency you can get to give yourself certain boosts to help reach max level faster when you reroll in future seasons, but those are also level locked so someone can't just pay to complete the whole battlepass and get an xp boost that no one else gets. Everything on the paid track will be cosmetic stuff.

Appreciate the info. I’m just a jaded wow player at this point so I just assume it’s going to be heavily monetized.

I'm sure like most modern games it will be designed to make sure the shop and battlepass is in your face as much as possible even if you don't want to use it. I'm not a fan of the battlepass system but it's hard to find a live service game these days that doesn't have one, unfortunately.
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,841

Post#22 » by TroyD92 » Wed May 17, 2023 7:21 pm

FrieAaron wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:
FrieAaron wrote:
They went into some detail on the battlepass in the Diablo livestream. Basically, the free track of the battlepass will have some sort of currency you can get to give yourself certain boosts to help reach max level faster when you reroll in future seasons, but those are also level locked so someone can't just pay to complete the whole battlepass and get an xp boost that no one else gets. Everything on the paid track will be cosmetic stuff.

Appreciate the info. I’m just a jaded wow player at this point so I just assume it’s going to be heavily monetized.

I'm sure like most modern games it will be designed to make sure the shop and battlepass is in your face as much as possible even if you don't want to use it. I'm not a fan of the battlepass system but it's hard to find a live service game these days that doesn't have one, unfortunately.

I’m generally not against some monetization it’s just blizzard and I doubt it’ll end at cosmetics
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
FrieAaron
General Manager

Post#23 » by FrieAaron » Wed May 17, 2023 7:46 pm

TroyD92 wrote:
FrieAaron wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:

I’m generally not against some monetization it’s just blizzard and I doubt it’ll end at cosmetics

Overwatch's pass has been fine so far. The worst they've done is make new heroes either unlockable on the free track or through winning games when a season is over. But that pass is also ridiculously easy to finish even playing casually. A lot of the stuff they monetize in WoW is pretty specific to MMO stuff. All the level boosts, etc. Diablo Immortals pass is definitely predatory, but it's also pretty standard compared to other gacha games like Genshin Impact. The D4 team seems to legitimately be trying their best to make sure they're in no way selling power from what I saw. That said, Kotick has pushed plenty of their producers and developers away so who knows what direction he'll try to push things while they remain under his leadership.
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,702

Post#24 » by StickeeFingaz » Wed May 17, 2023 7:52 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
StickeeFingaz wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:Right? I I successfully do like three mechanics in a row without hitting the wrong button I'm proud of myself.

Hell if I remember I have half the powers it's a win. Was building some silly flying device to get on a ledge and my 4 yr old comments, 'just use the port up power' and I feel like an idiot.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app

I’m consistently pressing the wrong buttons, my brain is not programmed for Nintendo controllers.
I'm in my 40s, most of my gaming came on controlers with less buttons. At my age there's some **** I don't think I have the hand/eye coordination speed to do anymore. Luckily there's usually a work around.

But still having a great time with the game. I'm taking it slow and just learning a little at a time and then messing around and exploring. Game night take me a year to get through and that's fine.

Yea I was playing last night and thinking about how many hours i could put into this game.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,001

Post#25 » by Ron Swanson » Wed May 17, 2023 7:59 pm

Just about to star BoTW so I imagine I'll get around to Tears of the Kingdom sometime around 2025....
FrieAaron
General Manager

Post#26 » by FrieAaron » Wed May 17, 2023 8:46 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Just about to star BoTW so I imagine I'll get around to Tears of the Kingdom sometime around 2025....

It's a big game, but if it really works for you it's also a game that can potentially get it's hooks in you hard. A real "where did the hours go" type of experience where you really want to keep exploring.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,684

Post#27 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed May 17, 2023 8:53 pm

FrieAaron wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:Just about to star BoTW so I imagine I'll get around to Tears of the Kingdom sometime around 2025....

It's a big game, but if it really works for you it's also a game that can potentially get it's hooks in you hard. A real "where did the hours go" type of experience where you really want to keep exploring.
Absolutely. It's also a game with multiple game play aspects. I personally like exploring and fighting more than the puzzles so with puzzle shrines I'll give them a try for like 10 mins and if I'm stumped I Google up the solution (sometimes **** still hard even if you know what to do). With limited time I don't want to spend my whole session stuck on one thing.

I usually go into each session with like one or two things I want to accomplish then just spend the rest of the time **** around.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,198

Post#28 » by ReasonablySober » Thu May 18, 2023 1:22 pm

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#29 » by ReasonablySober » Thu May 18, 2023 3:53 pm

Couch Potato
Rookie
And1: 222

Post#30 » by Couch Potato » Thu May 18, 2023 5:01 pm

StickeeFingaz wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:
Turk Nowitzki wrote:These videos of what people are creating in TotK are making me feel very dumb and unimaginative. I have enough trouble navigating the game mechanics in the most basic ways.
Right? I I successfully do like three mechanics in a row without hitting the wrong button I'm proud of myself.

Hell if I remember I have half the powers it's a win. Was building some silly flying device to get on a ledge and my 4 yr old comments, 'just use the port up power' and I feel like an idiot.

I’m consistently pressing the wrong buttons, my brain is not programmed for Nintendo controllers.

Yeah I re-bought a N64 to play some Golden Eye 007. Seems weird now controller wise. As a kid it was easy. Also same goes for Battlefield 5. I'm great on XBOX Series X|S controller for BF5. Cause the left stick is above the d-pad. Where PS5 the d-pad is above the left stick. I usually play medic to toss bandages around like crazy and revives.
Ryan5UW
General Manager
And1: 1,031

Post#31 » by Ryan5UW » Thu May 18, 2023 10:01 pm

Sounds like 60 fps is going to be part of a future update to EA PGA Tour for any of you who may be interested.
"It's an illusion, Michael. A trick is something a whore does for money."
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,952

Post#32 » by jschligs » Fri May 19, 2023 2:24 pm

Death Stranding is free today on Epic Games Launcher https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/death-stranding

Never played, but will eventually kick the tires since it was free.
glenn
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,151

Post#33 » by glenn » Fri May 19, 2023 3:08 pm

jschligs wrote:Death Stranding is free today on Epic Games Launcher https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/death-stranding

Never played, but will eventually kick the tires since it was free.

I have started this game at least four times since it’s been released and never get more than a few hours in. I want to like it but every time I fall into a tiny river and loose all my packages I quit. Cool atmosphere though, and you can’t argue with free.
:reporter:
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#34 » by ReasonablySober » Fri May 19, 2023 8:39 pm

MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,758

Post#35 » by MikeIsGood » Fri May 19, 2023 9:08 pm

Ryan5UW wrote:Sounds like 60 fps is going to be part of a future update to EA PGA Tour for any of you who may be interested.

Irritated they still haven’t added 2-round tournaments. This seems to me to be obnoxiously easy and lots of people want it.
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach
And1: 851

Post#36 » by Sauce Boss » Fri May 19, 2023 10:47 pm

Reminder there is an open beta for Street Fighter 6 online play this weekend. Mostly a heads up for Mike, as this one will let you play against people and sample eight characters in comparison to the single player demo.
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#37 » by MikeIsGood » Sat May 20, 2023 3:35 am

Sauce Boss wrote:Reminder there is an open beta for Street Fighter 6 online play this weekend. Mostly a heads up for Mike, as this one will let you play against people and sample eight characters in comparison to the single player demo.

Good looking out! I get back from travel tomorrow and not sure I'll have time to play, but I told my partner to download it just in case I can get to it.

I want to try that out, get back to Zelda, and also play some PGA Tour since it's the PGA Championship this weekend. Busy gaming weekend with limited time :D
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#38 » by ReasonablySober » Sat May 20, 2023 3:44 am

I'm gonna pick up the new SF and hope I stick with it. It was my favorite and most played game for a huge stretch of my youth. I still remember playing the very original in a bowling alley in Rice Lake as a kid. But SF2 was an obsession from the arcade until SF3 showed up. Then I never really played it again. It seems like a game that's so online and PvP focussed that it isn't for me anymore.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#39 » by MikeIsGood » Sat May 20, 2023 4:00 am

ReasonablySober wrote:I'm gonna pick up the new SF and hope I stick with it. It was my favorite and most played game for a huge stretch of my youth. I still remember playing the very original in a bowling alley in Rice Lake as a kid. But SF2 was an obsession from the arcade until SF3 showed up. Then I never really played it again. It seems like a game that's so online and PvP focussed that it isn't for me anymore.

Honestly I'm not sure that it is for me either, as I get so frustrated in PvP games (including SF5), but I actually really enjoy watching SF5 e-sports, so I kinda want to give it an honest go.
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,841

Post#40 » by TroyD92 » Sat May 20, 2023 4:25 am

MikeIsGood wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:I'm gonna pick up the new SF and hope I stick with it. It was my favorite and most played game for a huge stretch of my youth. I still remember playing the very original in a bowling alley in Rice Lake as a kid. But SF2 was an obsession from the arcade until SF3 showed up. Then I never really played it again. It seems like a game that's so online and PvP focussed that it isn't for me anymore.

Honestly I'm not sure that it is for me either, as I get so frustrated in PvP games (including SF5), but I actually really enjoy watching SF5 e-sports, so I kinda want to give it an honest go.

Only games that actually make me mad as i near 30 are fighting games. Actually rage inducing
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks