ImageImage

OT: Video Games/Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,937

Re: OT: Video Games/Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos 

Post#81 » by tydett » Thu May 25, 2023 3:54 am

Playing Shadow of the Tomb Raider now and hoo-boy, I liked the first two. This one is pretty sloggy. It's like a discount Uncharted, but not in a good way. I can only find myself playing about 30 minutes at a time before becoming uninterested in continuing. I will finish because I beat the first two, but meh, pretty down on this one.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,198

Post#82 » by ReasonablySober » Thu May 25, 2023 10:15 pm

Goal for tonight is taking down one of those bastard White-Maned Lynel.
BMatt07
Starter
And1: 2,147

Post#83 » by BMatt07 » Thu May 25, 2023 11:02 pm

Think I'm calling it quits on this league for Path of Exile, didn't really care for this league mechanic, still had fun this league though.

I think it's time to finally buy Jedi Survivor.
ReginaldDwight
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,782

Post#84 » by ReginaldDwight » Thu May 25, 2023 11:32 pm

mattg wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:Another one is to use the recall to throw rocks and bomb barrels back at your enemy. Was having a tough time with one of those big one eyed bastards and had the 'oh yeah I can just do this moment'. So many abilities in this game it's easy to forget you have some.

Also doesn't help that they feel hard to use (for me) because Nintendo's controls are **** backwards.

Yeah, when I play Zelda I feel like such a scrub, it reminds me of when you had to watch a friend play a game growing up who wasn't allowed to play video games and you sit there and cringe that they can't even press buttons. I'm used to PS/XBOX A-button and the Switch inversion is never not weird.

Trash controllers in general for the switch and Nintendo in totality over the years.
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,702

Post#85 » by StickeeFingaz » Thu May 25, 2023 11:36 pm

I’m fighting a bunch of monsters in a cave and the Zelda combat controls just feel kinda ****.
#FreeChuckDiesel
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,758

Post#86 » by MikeIsGood » Thu May 25, 2023 11:52 pm

BMatt07 wrote:Think I'm calling it quits on this league for Path of Exile, didn't really care for this league mechanic, still had fun this league though.

I rereolled three times and ultimately landed in the same build I've played for three leagues now (Shockwave Totems - which I still love) trying to amass quick money to roll into yet another build likely only for this league. Like explode totems or whatnot. But I just, I dunno, burned out isn't the right word because I would have kept playing...but it was easy to put it down and hop to Zelda.

I miss Sanctuary. Hope they add it to core before 4.0.
BMatt07
Starter
And1: 2,147

Post#87 » by BMatt07 » Fri May 26, 2023 12:33 am

MikeIsGood wrote:
BMatt07 wrote:Think I'm calling it quits on this league for Path of Exile, didn't really care for this league mechanic, still had fun this league though.

I rereolled three times and ultimately landed in the same build I've played for three leagues now (Shockwave Totems - which I still love) trying to amass quick money to roll into yet another build likely only for this league. Like explode totems or whatnot. But I just, I dunno, burned out isn't the right word because I would have kept playing...but it was easy to put it down and hop to Zelda.

I miss Sanctuary. Hope they add it to core before 4.0.

Yeah kind of the same thing I did. Started with RF like I usually do, ended up dumping all my currency into an Ice Shot build.

Delirium farming just got a little tiresome. Definitely felt the burnout quicker than usual. Did some 5-way farming until level 99, just didn't have the desire to push to 100.

I think this next expansion is the last expansion until PoE 2. Looking forward to it.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#88 » by ReasonablySober » Mon May 29, 2023 3:08 am

The upgraded, level four Fierce Deity set absolutely owns. Defense is ridiculous, gives you a nice bonus. That said, not a chance in hell I go for it unless I use the duplication trick. Even using it the upgrade process took about three nights of playing. I did not like having to farm the dragons flying overhead.

I'm through three of the temples, the wind, lightning, and water. Just got the fire to go. From there I still don't think I go for Gannon. I've barely touched the depths. Haven't made a lot of cool stuff. Still have a tower I haven't unlocked and barely touched the side quests. Just having a lot of fun dicking around and making myself ridiculously OP.
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,702

Post#89 » by StickeeFingaz » Mon May 29, 2023 4:22 am

ReasonablySober wrote:The upgraded, level four Fierce Deity set absolutely owns. Defense is ridiculous, gives you a nice bonus. That said, not a chance in hell I go for it unless I use the duplication trick. Even using it the upgrade process took about three nights of playing. I did not like having to farm the dragons flying overhead.

I'm through three of the temples, the wind, lightning, and water. Just got the fire to go. From there I still don't think I go for Gannon. I've barely touched the depths. Haven't made a lot of cool stuff. Still have a tower I haven't unlocked and barely touched the side quests. Just having a lot of fun dicking around and making myself ridiculously OP.

I took a break this weekend and didn't play. The only temple I've seen/completed is the fire one and I didn't enjoy it, I'm hoping the other ones aren't like it.
#FreeChuckDiesel
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,430

Post#90 » by KidA24 » Mon May 29, 2023 4:24 am

StickeeFingaz wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:The upgraded, level four Fierce Deity set absolutely owns. Defense is ridiculous, gives you a nice bonus. That said, not a chance in hell I go for it unless I use the duplication trick. Even using it the upgrade process took about three nights of playing. I did not like having to farm the dragons flying overhead.

I took a break this weekend and didn't play. The only temple I've seen/completed is the fire one and I didn't enjoy it, I'm hoping the other ones aren't like it.

The fire one, especially the last fight, was my absolute least favorite.

Blind bowling ftw
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#91 » by ReasonablySober » Mon May 29, 2023 4:25 am

KidA24 wrote:
StickeeFingaz wrote:

The fire one, especially the last fight, was my absolute least favorite.

Blind bowling ftw

Haven't liked any of them. Temples are the part of the game I like least. One of the few. Means to an end to get some vital powers.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#92 » by MikeIsGood » Mon May 29, 2023 12:29 pm

StickeeFingaz wrote:

I loved wind tbh. I’m doing fire now as my second one and I think it’s stupid. Not sure if that helps make you feel better or not.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#93 » by MikeIsGood » Mon May 29, 2023 2:53 pm

My god, the fire temple boss fight is legitimately one of the most frustrating and dumbest boss fights I can recall. Wanted to throw my controller across the room. I used four fairies.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,684

Post#94 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon May 29, 2023 5:31 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:
StickeeFingaz wrote:

I loved wind tbh. I’m doing fire now as my second one and I think it’s stupid. Not sure if that helps make you feel better or not.
Just finished the wind temple this morning, first one I've done. I liked it although I f-ing made a wrong turn on the sky Islands getting there last night and wasted like 30-45 mins of pure confusion as I backtracked then had no idea where I had made a wrong turn.

I probably won't do another temple for a while, need to get more armor and mess around some more. I've opened all the towers and have been doing shrines and random side quests as I made my way to the towers.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach
And1: 851

Post#95 » by Sauce Boss » Mon May 29, 2023 7:35 pm

Four days until Street Fighter 6. I was a little bummed that Combo Breaker always falls on Memorial Day weekend, so it missed launch by a week. Some great matches including bracket resets in both Guilty Gear Strive and Tekken 7 if looking those up interest anyone.

Played maybe 30 min of Zelda this weekend since I traveled up north for family time. I loved the Wind Temple, mostly because just getting to it was exhilarating. I’m like 30 hrs in and taking it slow, playing here and there. My issue is I have no cash; I want to pick up the Hebra armor set and getting the whole thing is x4 my total rupees.
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,841

Post#96 » by TroyD92 » Mon May 29, 2023 9:44 pm

Sauce Boss wrote:Four days until Street Fighter 6. I was a little bummed that Combo Breaker always falls on Memorial Day weekend, so it missed launch by a week. Some great matches including bracket resets in both Guilty Gear Strive and Tekken 7 if looking those up interest anyone.

Played maybe 30 min of Zelda this weekend since I traveled up north for family time. I loved the Wind Temple, mostly because just getting to it was exhilarating. I’m like 30 hrs in and taking it slow, playing here and there. My issue is I have no cash; I want to pick up the Hebra armor set and getting the whole thing is x4 my total rupees.

Is SF6 supposed to have new mechanics? Will probably pick it up on PC
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach
And1: 851

Post#97 » by Sauce Boss » Mon May 29, 2023 10:38 pm

TroyD92 wrote:
Sauce Boss wrote:Four days until Street Fighter 6. I was a little bummed that Combo Breaker always falls on Memorial Day weekend, so it missed launch by a week. Some great matches including bracket resets in both Guilty Gear Strive and Tekken 7 if looking those up interest anyone.

Yes, the Drive system is all new. Also a good amount of completely new characters. PC is a great place to buy it, as it has become the preferred platform for fighters post-pandemic.
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#98 » by ReasonablySober » Mon May 29, 2023 11:08 pm

Sauce Boss wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:

Yes, the Drive system is all new. Also a good amount of completely new characters. PC is a great place to buy it, as it has become the preferred platform for fighters post-pandemic.

Rolling Stone just ranked SF games. Now I want to fight the dick head who made this list.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#99 » by MikeIsGood » Tue May 30, 2023 12:03 am

Me: Oh sweet, I found where to buy a house in this game. Ugh, it's expensive though, so I should hang onto my rupees for gear when I head to the next temple.

Also me: Ok so which direction do I want my front porch to face...
tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,937

Post#100 » by tydett » Tue May 30, 2023 12:09 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
Sauce Boss wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:

Rolling Stone just ranked SF games. Now I want to fight the dick head who made this list.

SF2 not being top, much less top 3, is an impeachable offense.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks