Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,013

Re: #36 - Andre Jackson Jr 

Post#441 » by Ron Swanson » Sat Oct 7, 2023 12:07 am

ShootingtheJ wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
You think the opponent couldn't do math? His percentages were mediocre.

What are we doing here? PJ has been a 40% 3PT shooter the last couple years primarily off of corner-3's.

In 2 of the seasons included in the span you originally described, PJ shot 35%

If you're gonna throw out the math argument, then I'm not understanding what you're not understanding about how getting the ball to a wide open, career 38% corner-3 guy is still a "good" offensive possession. Getting that same look for someone like Rondae-Hollis Jefferson, well, isn't.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,510

Post#442 » by HKPackFan » Sat Oct 7, 2023 7:39 am

Can we get a consensus between 3 letter names please?

Are we going with AJJ or are the rebels going to stick with Dre?

I'll convert either way but prefer we pick one because I keep thinking we have another guy on the roster I'm not aware of when I go back to seeing Dre.
#FreeChuckDiesel
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,390

#36 - Andre Jackson Jr 

Post#443 » by M-C-G » Sat Oct 7, 2023 1:19 pm

HKPackFan wrote:Can we get a consensus between 3 letter names please?

I'll convert either way but prefer we pick one because I keep thinking we have another guy on the roster I'm not aware of when I go back to seeing Dre.

AJ^2
Pronounced AJ squared

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
crowhead76
Rookie
And1: 877

Post#444 » by crowhead76 » Sat Oct 7, 2023 1:33 pm

Just call him Winston Wolf or Mr. Wolf if you feel he deserves that type of respect.

Andre Jackson Jr > AJAX (a cleaning product) > Mr. Wolf (a cleaner)
Dealing with people who exhibit the "smartest person in the room" syndrome can be a challenge. One approach is to listen their opinion while also encouraging open-mindedness. It's important to create an environment where all voices are valued.
ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,780

Post#445 » by ShootingtheJ » Sat Oct 7, 2023 3:54 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:
What are we doing here? PJ has been a 40% 3PT shooter the last couple years primarily off of corner-3's.

In 2 of the seasons included in the span you originally described, PJ shot 35%

If you're gonna throw out the math argument, then I'm not understanding what you're not understanding about how getting the ball to a wide open, career 38% corner-3 guy is still a "good" offensive possession. Getting that same look for someone like Rondae-Hollis Jefferson, well, isn't.

Tucker didn't become a tollerable 3 point shooter until his age 32 season. I sure hope it doesn't take AJJ that long. However, AJJ can do things Tucker couldn't even dream about, like dunk in traffic and dribble. They're significantly different players, even though neither might ever provide spacing.
Swan Vox
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,917

Post#446 » by Swan Vox » Sat Oct 7, 2023 4:03 pm

I understand the stat-based analytical approach to determining a player's trajectory and fit, but there is just something about this kid that gives me the feeling that he'll figure out a way to be a solid contributor. He's so damn athletic & smart. That combo usually finds a way. Big fan already & can't wait to find out what he becomes for the Bucks.
ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,780

Post#447 » by ShootingtheJ » Sat Oct 7, 2023 4:17 pm

Swan Vox wrote:I understand the stat-based analytical approach to determining a player's trajectory and fit, but there is just something about this kid that gives me the feeling that he'll figure out a way to be a solid contributor. He's so damn athletic & smart. That combo usually finds a way. Big fan already & can't wait to find out what he becomes for the Bucks.

This kid is actually an analytics darling in certain measure. His college team was dramatically better with him on the floor, making for easy measures of impact. It's his main intrigue.
Swan Vox
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,917

Post#448 » by Swan Vox » Sat Oct 7, 2023 4:31 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
Swan Vox wrote:I understand the stat-based analytical approach to determining a player's trajectory and fit, but there is just something about this kid that gives me the feeling that he'll figure out a way to be a solid contributor. He's so damn athletic & smart. That combo usually finds a way. Big fan already & can't wait to find out what he becomes for the Bucks.

This kid is actually an analytics darling in certain measure. His college team was dramatically better with him on the floor, making for easy measures of impact. It's his main intrigue.

I guess I was mostly referring to his shooting percentages, but I'm glad to see there are numbers to back up the "intangible" impact Jackson has. Really excited to see if his game translates to the NBA.
machu46
RealGM
And1: 3,689

Post#449 » by machu46 » Sat Oct 7, 2023 11:01 pm

I think even if they have big plans for him, it would be good for him to start out with the Herd and see if he can expand his offensive game in that environment.

PJ was worthless offensively outside of the corner 3’s. AJJ doesn’t have that or anything else in terms of scoring right now and I’m not a believer in his creation abilities either personally.

It’s possible he’ll be able to take advantage of defenses abandoning him in the corner to cut to the rim for lobs but that’s probably not going to be something that’s consistently open.

I’m also curious to see how he’s officiated defensively. He tended to get away with a ton of blocking fouls IMO at UConn but if he’s able to avoid foul trouble in the NBA he should be very good defensively.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
Brewhoopfan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,942

Post#450 » by Brewhoopfan » Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:51 pm

machu46 wrote:I think even if they have big plans for him, it would be good for him to start out with the Herd and see if he can expand his offensive game in that environment.

PJ was worthless offensively outside of the corner 3’s. AJJ doesn’t have that or anything else in terms of scoring right now and I’m not a believer in his creation abilities either personally.

It’s possible he’ll be able to take advantage of defenses abandoning him in the corner to cut to the rim for lobs but that’s probably not going to be something that’s consistently open.

I’m also curious to see how he’s officiated defensively. He tended to get away with a ton of blocking fouls IMO at UConn but if he’s able to avoid foul trouble in the NBA he should be very good defensively.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watching the OKC game made me think that a good comp for AJJ is Josh Giddey. Yes, a VERY poor man's Josh Giddey at this point, but Andre's vision and passing ability make him an interesting prospect. Giddey is a good example of how to be a very productive player without being a good shooter. Obviously, AJJ won't be handling the ball much playing with Giannis and Dame. Ideally, it would be great to hand him the ball with the Herd to develop those playmaking skills, but I think the Bucks will need his defense this year.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,923

Post#451 » by emunney » Thu Oct 19, 2023 3:43 pm

Read on Twitter
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
drdrG
Bench Warmer
And1: 832

Post#452 » by drdrG » Thu Oct 19, 2023 3:58 pm

Love that clip except for the one fast break where Giannis ran straight into AJAX?
emunney
RealGM

Post#453 » by emunney » Thu Oct 19, 2023 4:02 pm

drdrG wrote:Love that clip except for the one fast break where Giannis ran straight into AJAX?

Fortunately Thanasis has an internal magnet pulling him to any undefended basket.
aboveAverage
RealGM
And1: 2,611

Post#454 » by aboveAverage » Thu Oct 19, 2023 4:05 pm

AJJ is going to be a starter and important role player as soon as this season. The kid knows basketball and he’s our best athlete outside of Giannis. Tremendous defensive potential and playmaking skills. Get him to develop a decent corner three and he’s golden.
tedbrogen
Analyst
And1: 2,827

Post#455 » by tedbrogen » Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:47 pm

Hear me out: when Giannis isn’t on the floor and Dame is, AJJ should be the screener for Dame. Let him get the ball going towards the rim with the 4 on 3 advantage. Instant 10 or so minutes you can play him even if he can’t shoot at all.
emunney
RealGM

Post#456 » by emunney » Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:04 am

M-C-G wrote:

AJ^2
Pronounced AJ squared

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Love a nickname that is longer and sounds worse than the name. Mathematical notation is also a classic nickname play.

This has been emunney lightly roasting your nickname suggestion
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,109

Post#457 » by MVP2110 » Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:12 am

I've actually grown to like the idea of AJJ being the backup for Giannis. I'm not sure their lack of shooting together and coexist but I think AJJ can do alot if he's surrounded by shooting so letting AJJ get 15 min a night off the bench when giannis sits seems perfect
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,988

Post#458 » by soxperry » Fri Oct 20, 2023 4:03 am

tedbrogen wrote:Hear me out: when Giannis isn’t on the floor and Dame is, AJJ should be the screener for Dame. Let him get the ball going towards the rim with the 4 on 3 advantage. Instant 10 or so minutes you can play him even if he can’t shoot at all.

Yeah, i'm all for that. I dont think anything like that will happen right off the bat but it would be nice.
jimmybones
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,771

Post#459 » by jimmybones » Fri Oct 20, 2023 3:13 pm

tedbrogen wrote:Hear me out: when Giannis isn’t on the floor and Dame is, AJJ should be the screener for Dame. Let him get the ball going towards the rim with the 4 on 3 advantage. Instant 10 or so minutes you can play him even if he can’t shoot at all.

And a perfect defensive sidekick for Dame
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,266

Post#460 » by skones » Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:02 pm

Just went out and casually grabbed Warriors Iguodala on the 2nd round.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks