#36 - Andre Jackson Jr

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,978

Re: #36 - Andre Jackson Jr 

Post#481 » by Prez » Sat Oct 21, 2023 2:08 pm

I made the Iggy comp on draft night as well - yes, I was half joking at the time, but I’m dead ass serious now lol.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,919

Post#482 » by emunney » Sat Oct 21, 2023 2:13 pm

Preseason /36 box score stats

15.3 points
10.4 rebs (3.5 off)
4.4 assists
3 steals
1 block
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
bbbarnett47
Junior
And1: 136

Post#483 » by bbbarnett47 » Sat Oct 21, 2023 8:36 pm

I'm all aboard the AJJ train. The last player we drafted that made me go "yeah, he has it" like this, was Brogdon. It seems like any situation he finds himself in on the court, good things happen.

Transition? Either quickly pushes himself or it to playmakers if nothing is open. Pretty easy to see his BBIQ here.

Loose ball? He's usually grabbing it or at the least tipping it to another buck. You know, the ones we've struggled to get over the years in crucial situations.

---

He's obviously very athletic but I feel its more than that. Good instinct paired with the athleticism? Wow.

Not to mention, it does not take him much runway, if any, to get vertical quickly. Like any good defensive player, he can gamble a bit but he recovers so well I don't even blame him - even if he does let his man past him, a block from behind is likely coming (even the threat of it happening will do wonders for our defense once he gets his reputation).

The shot? I don't trust it at all but he will find himself on the court plenty given our uncertainty at the wing. Call me crazy but I feel so good about his on-ball defense that I think he shuts down jimmy last year. Am I crazy? Maybe.
drdrG
Bench Warmer
And1: 832

Post#484 » by drdrG » Sat Oct 21, 2023 9:08 pm

emunney wrote:
Coach Carter wrote:Not to be that guy but .29 is not gonna cut it, he'll need at least .33 unless he's Draymond good and you can't leave him out.

No functional difference between these numbers.

Especially if him being on the court leads to several more Giannis transition opportunities and open Lillard 3pt opportunities.

Draymond continues to be a big positive because he rarely allows the result of a possession to be him shooting a 3
tedbrogen
Analyst
And1: 2,827

Post#485 » by tedbrogen » Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:27 pm

bbbarnett47 wrote:I'm all aboard the AJJ train. The last player we drafted that made me go "yeah, he has it" like this, was Brogdon. It seems like any situation he finds himself in on the court, good things happen.

Transition? Either quickly pushes himself or it to playmakers if nothing is open. Pretty easy to see his BBIQ here.

Loose ball? He's usually grabbing it or at the least tipping it to another buck. You know, the ones we've struggled to get over the years in crucial situations.

---

He's obviously very athletic but I feel its more than that. Good instinct paired with the athleticism? Wow.

Not to mention, it does not take him much runway, if any, to get vertical quickly. Like any good defensive player, he can gamble a bit but he recovers so well I don't even blame him - even if he does let his man past him, a block from behind is likely coming (even the threat of it happening will do wonders for our defense once he gets his reputation).

The shot? I don't trust it at all but he will find himself on the court plenty given our uncertainty at the wing. Call me crazy but I feel so good about his on-ball defense that I think he shuts down jimmy last year. Am I crazy? Maybe.

I’m pretty confident he could’ve held Butler to less than 38ppg. Wes could have too but some dude who just made the Celtics instant tile favorites kept waving him off.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,781

Post#486 » by AussieBuck » Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:58 pm

Dame/AJJ pick and roll. Dame gets the Steph trap, AJJ plays the Draymond 4 on 3 with Giannis in the dunker spot, Green in the corner and MarJon on the far side.

Dame
Green
MarJon
AJJ
Giannis

Dre gets reps attacking the rim and MarJon gets acres of space. Fun.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,781

Post#487 » by AussieBuck » Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:00 pm

He's in basically all of my shower thoughts theoretical Bucks lineups. What a **** baller.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,390

Post#488 » by M-C-G » Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:01 pm

AussieBuck wrote:Dame/AJJ pick and roll. Dame gets the Steph trap, AJJ plays the Draymond 4 on 3 with Giannis in the dunker spot, Green in the corner and MarJon on the far side.

Dame
Green
MarJon
AJJ
Giannis

Dre gets reps attacking the rim and MarJon gets acres of space. Fun.

I'm in! I don't want to get in to the whole Giannis is being too ball dominant discussion, but it is really fun to think about the much easier baskets he could get by being more off ball. Tantalizing.
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,978

Post#489 » by Prez » Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:13 pm

AussieBuck wrote:He's in basically all of my shower thoughts theoretical Bucks lineups. What a **** baller.

Same, I’m not ashamed to admit I’ve had multiple Bucks dreams with a Dame/MarJon/Dre/Khris/Giannis lineup closing out the finals lol
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,988

Post#490 » by soxperry » Thu Nov 2, 2023 3:25 am

Another brief showing and just instant flash from this guy.

Has the ball in the paint and immediately darts one through a tight window to wide open Marjon in the corner.

Gets the pickpocket (his hand moved so fast you can barely see it happen in the replay) and glides down the court for an easy and athletic jam

Finds Thanasis on a cut with a sharp pass for an easy layup (that Thanasis blows).

Almost forgot... gets the ball in the paint, no room, noone open, displays patience, Green makes a cut and he gives him a perfect bounce pass for the easy bucket.

He played a total of about 6 minutes and should have had 3 to 4 assists, a steal and a dunk.

The kid's got it. I dont know if he can be on the court with Giannis but i'd like to find out!
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,173

Post#491 » by theFireBlanket » Thu Nov 2, 2023 4:10 am

soxperry wrote:Another brief showing and just instant flash from this guy.

Has the ball in the paint and immediately darts one through a tight window to wide open Marjon in the corner.

Gets the pickpocket (his hand moved so fast you can barely see it happen in the replay) and glides down the court for an easy and athletic jam

Finds Thanasis on a cut with a sharp pass for an easy layup (that Thanasis blows).

Almost forgot... gets the ball in the paint, no room, noone open, displays patience, Green makes a cut and he gives him a perfect bounce pass for the easy bucket.

He played a total of about 6 minutes and should have had 3 to 4 assists, a steal and a dunk.

The kid's got it. I dont know if he can be on the court with Giannis but i'd like to find out!

Should be starting with Dame in the backcourt.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,988

Post#492 » by soxperry » Thu Nov 2, 2023 5:13 am

theFireBlanket wrote:
soxperry wrote:Another brief showing and just instant flash from this guy.

Should be starting with Dame in the backcourt.

i agree. i'm ready for it. if he gets in foul trouble, then put Marjon or Beasley in, fine. But at least give him a shot.

Even starting with someone else and then bringing in Dre and Crowder for Giannis and the 2 guard at first sub would be very nice. Gives Dame extra defensive help with Giannis off the floor. Keeps the number of non shooters on the court at 1.
tedbrogen
Analyst

Post#493 » by tedbrogen » Thu Nov 2, 2023 5:44 am

It doesn’t even matter than AJJ can’t shoot, he such a skilled passer that it’s a DrayGreen like scenario that leaving him open, he can start going towards the basket and he’ll find the open man.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,510

Post#494 » by HKPackFan » Thu Nov 2, 2023 7:05 am

At min he's showing so much more energy. The bucks were old and tired and sleep walking. What did they decide to partially swim to toronto? WTF was everyone so sluggish.

AJJ had that burst and energy the raptors had. He could have at least matched some of that energy.
#FreeChuckDiesel
HKPackFan
RealGM

Post#495 » by HKPackFan » Thu Nov 2, 2023 7:07 am

Prez wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:He's in basically all of my shower thoughts theoretical Bucks lineups. What a **** baller.

Same, I’m not ashamed to admit I’ve had multiple Bucks dreams with a Dame/MarJon/Dre/Khris/Giannis lineup closing out the finals lol

If I'm AJJ's girl I'm starting to get jealous of all you guys having these shower dreams with AJJ. I mean I know, I get it, but still.
#FreeChuckDiesel
tedbrogen
Analyst

Post#496 » by tedbrogen » Thu Nov 2, 2023 7:09 am

HKPackFan wrote:At min he's showing so much more energy. The bucks were old and tired and sleep walking. What did they decide to partially swim to toronto? WTF was everyone so sluggish.

AJJ had that burst and energy the raptors had. He could have at least matched some of that energy.

He’s legit perfect the the fifth starter role. Brings energy the old guys can’t. Can be the point of attack D guy they don’t have out there at the start of the game. Will set screens. If they leave him open, he’ll make the right decision and make a good pass.

AG’s stupid D would look so much better giving Beasily’s minutes to AJJ.
MiltownHawkeye
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,417

Post#497 » by MiltownHawkeye » Thu Nov 2, 2023 3:01 pm

His per 36 stats so far are hilarious
Free Chuck Diesel

Fire Steve Novak
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,755

Post#498 » by chonestown » Fri Nov 10, 2023 2:19 pm

emunney wrote:When you combine elite athlete with elite feel, when do you ever get a bad player?

BUMP

Few weeks into the season, this comment rings most true. I've been more impressed with AJJ the basketball player than AJJ the athlete. Like, I think he's a real good athlete, but he, in the parlance of our times, Gets It.

Feel it's inevitable Beasily slides back to a Bryn Forbes role. Would like to see if AJJ can initiate the offense.

If Griff is dedicated to the zone, the pair of BeauJax has the potential to be a bothersome duo in the 2-3.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
HKPackFan
RealGM

Post#499 » by HKPackFan » Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:50 pm

Pj tucker talked about dogs.

He's a young one but Dre is a dawg!
#FreeChuckDiesel
MiltownHawkeye