OT: TV and Movies

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,926

Re: OT: TV and Movies 

Post#61 » by buckboy » Mon Jul 10, 2023 3:21 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
WRau1 wrote:Matty Matheson (Neil from The Bear) is going to be hosting some burger thing at Harley Fest this weekend.

I had no idea he was actually a chef until I just looked him up

I had no idea who "Neil" was. FAK!!!!
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM
And1: 14,877

Post#62 » by HaroldinGMinor » Mon Jul 10, 2023 3:23 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
WRau1 wrote:Matty Matheson (Neil from The Bear) is going to be hosting some burger thing at Harley Fest this weekend.

I used to watch some of his YouTube videos. He's a friendlier, funnier, less annoying version of Action Bronson. So the Canadian Action Bronson minus the rapping.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,225

Post#63 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Jul 10, 2023 3:24 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:

I love Matty and watch everything he does. Before bed last night I watched a new one of him and his buddy Rang talk about prime rib in Vegas. Said it before on here, but his Just a Dash series on Youtube is some of the funniest content anywhere. I've seen most of them at least twice and legit LOL. Both season playlists are here. Perfect videos to watch when you're bored and you just wanna zone out. Watch them in order.

One of my favorite "cooking" videos ever.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#64 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Jul 10, 2023 5:57 pm

This might actually be solid.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,020

Post#65 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:11 pm

So I'm about 3-4 episodes into The Witcher and.....is the plot/narrative supposed to be this much of an absolute mess? Or is the writing and pacing just this bad? Had heard from some that it gets better in Season 2, but I'm about ready to jump ship.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,316

Post#66 » by RiotPunch » Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:38 pm

The Witcher is almost purely a Henry Cavill as Geralt watch (and he is legitimately phenomenal). Those showrunners botched the story at every step, though. I haven't been able to bring myself to watch season 3 yet.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
machu46
RealGM
And1: 3,691

OT: TV and Movies 

Post#67 » by machu46 » Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:39 pm

Watching the Bear and seeing that he was like the one guy in the show that isn’t a chef cracked me up. I wonder how many people watched the show and have no idea who he is; I know my wife was one of them.

Edit: I see many here didn’t know either lol. I was first introduced to him from his video on garbage plates, my hometown’s delicacy.

https://youtu.be/fqc9Wllcejs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#68 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:40 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:So I'm about 3-4 episodes into The Witcher and.....is the plot/narrative supposed to be this much of an absolute mess? Or is the writing and pacing just this bad? Had heard from some that it gets better in Season 2, but I'm about ready to jump ship.

I love a lot about the universe of the Witcher, but I don't think the Netflix show is good overall, season one especially. Has its moments but it isn't something I could recommend.

But "Nightmare of the Wolf" absolutely rips. That's a must watch.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,316

Post#69 » by RiotPunch » Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:41 pm

For fans of Matty, The Bear and Trailer Park Boys:

#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
Ryan5UW
General Manager
And1: 1,038

Post#70 » by Ryan5UW » Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:54 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:So I'm about 3-4 episodes into The Witcher and.....is the plot/narrative supposed to be this much of an absolute mess? Or is the writing and pacing just this bad? Had heard from some that it gets better in Season 2, but I'm about ready to jump ship.

As someone with no knowledge of the story before watching the show, Season 1 was kind of a weird watch for me. I enjoyed it quite a bit, but the storylines were tough to follow.
"It's an illusion, Michael. A trick is something a whore does for money."
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,684

Post#71 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:59 pm

Ryan5UW wrote:

As someone with no knowledge of the story before watching the show, Season 1 was kind of a weird watch for me. I enjoyed it quite a bit, but the storylines were tough to follow.
Same. Never played the game so it was all new. I remember liking season one while watching it. Then I started season 2 sometime earlier this year and had forgotten everything and was lost. Decided to just stop and I'll probably go back once it's all finished and binge it all at once.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Ron Swanson
RealGM

Post#72 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:56 pm

RiotPunch wrote:The Witcher is almost purely a Henry Cavill as Geralt watch (and he is legitimately phenomenal). Those showrunners botched the story at every step, though. I haven't been able to bring myself to watch season 3 yet.

This tracks. Keep in mind I'm someone who actually played and near 100-percented The Witcher 3, and I still have no **** clue what's going on here. It's weird because I usually get bored to death with backstory and world-building, but just a tiny bit of exposition would have gone a long way in a show like this. Cavill is great and the only thing keeping me watching at this point.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 3,004

Post#73 » by BUCKnation » Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:45 pm

Matty’s canada series is top notch, would highly rec that if you were interested in his content.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#74 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Jul 11, 2023 3:18 pm

I don't know why this got made.
Couch Potato
Rookie
And1: 222

Post#75 » by Couch Potato » Tue Jul 11, 2023 3:20 pm

machu46 wrote:

Watching the Bear and seeing that he was like the one guy in the show that isn’t a chef cracked me up. I wonder how many people watched the show and have no idea who he is; I know my wife was one of them.

Edit: I see many here didn’t know either lol. I was first introduced to him from his video on garbage plates, my hometown’s delicacy.

https://youtu.be/fqc9Wllcejs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The handy man? Yeah he's cool.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#76 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:05 pm

This actually looks good, I think?
Ron Swanson
RealGM

Post#77 » by Ron Swanson » Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:28 pm

What I'll never understand is how despite having essentially a blank Disney check, half of these Star Wars series look so corny and low-budget. At least the effects in this one look good based on the trailers. Andor looked great (probably because they didn't meddle and just let Tony Gilroy do his own thing), but Mandalorian S3 and Obi-Wan legitimately looked like an early 2000's SyFy channel production.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#78 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:31 pm

Yea, I skipped Mando S3, Boba Fett, and Obi-wan. They all looked bad.
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,764

Post#79 » by Licensed to Il » Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:44 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:What I'll never understand is how despite having essentially a blank Disney check, half of these Star Wars series look so corny and low-budget. At least the effects in this one look good based on the trailers. Andor looked great (probably because they didn't meddle and just let Tony Gilroy do his own thing), but Mandalorian S3 and Obi-Wan legitimately looked like an early 2000's SyFy channel production.

Disney is in a “damned if you do, damned if you don’t” dilemma when it comes to the star wars stuff. If they “hand it off” to talented writers and directors, there will be backlash that it is all too divergent and untrue to source material. If they keep it all in the same small cluster of writers and directors, they end up with the dynamic illustrated by Mandolorian and Bobba Fett where it often feels like the same show, writers, etc filmed on the same set at the same time (which it often was). I am totally with you that Andor was fun, fresh, and different. Even if I was a soulless, uncreative, entity like modern Disney I would use my resources to lean in to these independent and non recycled projects. You still win some and lose some, but at least you are original.
DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,760

Post#80 » by DanoMac » Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:38 pm

HaroldinGMinor wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:

I used to watch some of his YouTube videos. He's a friendlier, funnier, less annoying version of Action Bronson. So the Canadian Action Bronson minus the rapping.

Don't you dare slander Bronson like that, sir.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks