Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,182

Around the League - IST Games talk 

Post#1 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Oct 14, 2023 10:31 pm

Season starts in 10 days.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
drew881
RealGM
And1: 5,008

Re: Around the League 

Post#2 » by drew881 » Sun Oct 15, 2023 2:39 pm

James Harden by November if the Sixers don’t trade Harden in the next few weeks

GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,529

Post#3 » by GoldenAntlers » Mon Oct 16, 2023 12:45 am

Someone said Zion is actually playing these days?
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,529

Post#4 » by GoldenAntlers » Mon Oct 16, 2023 1:53 am

Sabonis and Klay both look great.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,353

Post#5 » by Mags FTW » Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:06 am

If you didn't feel old already, Jason Richardson's kid committed to MSU today.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,205

Post#6 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Oct 16, 2023 8:49 pm

https://www.mediaite.com/sports/new-report-accuses-nba-insider-shams-charania-espns-adrian-wojnarowski-of-questionable-reporting-practices/

In Charania’s case, it’s not the first time a dangerous conflict of interest has been brought up. In addition to his work with The Athletic, Charania also appears on FanDuel TV. Ahead of the 2023 NBA Draft, he reported a growing belief that guard Scoot Henderson would be taken the with second overall pick. It was widely assumed that University of Alabama forward Brandon Miller would be taken with that pick instead, so Charania’s tweet actually altered FanDuel’s betting odds and Henderson became the favorite. In the end, however, Miller was taken with the pick as initially expected.

I'm shocked.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,182

Post#7 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:23 pm

I've said this before but as someone who enjoys betting on games I hate the proliferation of gambling from a league/media standpoint. For all sports. Every damn graphic has some sort of betting odds on it. Much of the "analysis" is gambling based. Game announcers refer to it. I understand it's good for the owners, TV ratings will go up. Casual fans will tune in to any game they have money on. You can sit on the couch and bet from your phone (not in Wisconsin).
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
engelmartin
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,884

Post#8 » by engelmartin » Tue Oct 17, 2023 12:17 am

Watching Philly Brooklyn now and it feels like watching G League. Pretending either of these teams have any chance is hilarious.

But, as packers fans say every year, hope springs eternal.

Beverley is a poor poor man’s Jrue. One step above Dellevedova.
KnicksGod wrote:Middleton probably the most underrated player in NBA History
engelmartin
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,884

Post#9 » by engelmartin » Tue Oct 17, 2023 12:24 am

Danny Green, the east coast Wesley Matthews
KnicksGod wrote:Middleton probably the most underrated player in NBA History
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,720

Post#10 » by SupremeHustle » Tue Oct 17, 2023 12:30 am

Cam Whitmore, sheeeesshhhh!!! (They called an offensive foul, though.)
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
SupremeHustle
RealGM

Post#11 » by SupremeHustle » Tue Oct 17, 2023 12:40 am

It's preseason, it means nothing, but you can tell the Spurs are a better-coached team than the Rockets. Rockets have more talent on the court but the Spurs play beautiful basketball even with "scrubs".
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
SupremeHustle
RealGM

Post#12 » by SupremeHustle » Tue Oct 17, 2023 12:57 am

Zach Collins looks fully healthy. Maybe the Spurs can make the Play-In game.
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 42,033

Post#13 » by Prez » Tue Oct 17, 2023 1:10 am

Anyone hear/read the weird **** the Nuggets GM said publicly?

On the decision to not pay Bones Hyland (where he takes a shot at MPJ)
“I knew you couldn’t have two guys that couldn’t guard, and we couldn’t have two guys that were young and kind of more ‘me guys,’” Booth said. “Mike makes $30 million. He’s one of the best shooters in the NBA. So, Bones, there’s no place for you.”

On losing Bruce Brown to the Pacers:
“Some of these teams were trying to get Bruce, trying to make it worth it; it’s like, just be careful what you wish for,” Booth said about the rivals that pursued Brown. “Peyton’s bigger. He’s longer. He’s more athletic. He guards better. He passes better. He doesn’t have the experience, and he’s not as good offensively yet, but we need defense more than we need offense on our team.”

Seriously why would you say this on record publicly? :lol:

This is where your GM giving nothing but boring, bland GM speak responses is actually nice lol.
SupremeHustle
RealGM

Post#14 » by SupremeHustle » Tue Oct 17, 2023 1:14 am

Just saw Nwora make an extra pass. Not sure what to make of that. Sign of the apocalypse?
SupremeHustle
RealGM

Post#15 » by SupremeHustle » Tue Oct 17, 2023 1:17 am

Prez wrote:Anyone hear/read the weird **** the Nuggets GM said publicly?

“I knew you couldn’t have two guys that couldn’t guard, and we couldn’t have two guys that were young and kind of more ‘me guys,’” Booth said. “Mike makes $30 million. He’s one of the best shooters in the NBA. So, Bones, there’s no place for you.”

“Some of these teams were trying to get Bruce, trying to make it worth it; it’s like, just be careful what you wish for,” Booth said about the rivals that pursued Brown. “Peyton’s bigger. He’s longer. He’s more athletic. He guards better. He passes better. He doesn’t have the experience, and he’s not as good offensively yet, but we need defense more than we need offense on our team.”

This is where your GM giving nothing but boring, bland GM speak responses is actually nice lol.

I expect more of this as younger Millenials and Gen Z start getting front-office jobs.
skbucks1985
RealGM
And1: 1,903

Post#16 » by skbucks1985 » Tue Oct 17, 2023 1:28 am

This very much sounds like he forgot to say off the record before he said these things, unless it was at a press conference in which case I have no explanation. The Bones comment was unnecessarily dickish. But Braun was already a guy that was going to have a lot of pressure on him and he only ratcheted it up by saying that he's a better defender than a guy that just spent a lot of time defending the other team's best player in the NBA Finals
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,823

Post#17 » by AussieBuck » Tue Oct 17, 2023 3:00 am

Didn't follow the draft, first look at this Thompson dude on Houston and he moves like a superstar.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,164

Post#18 » by Matches Malone » Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:34 am

Read on Twitter
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
drone3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,546

Post#19 » by drone3 » Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:55 am

AussieBuck wrote:Didn't follow the draft, first look at this Thompson dude on Houston and he moves like a superstar.
This draft class has so much talent
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,991

Post#20 » by Badgerlander » Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:40 am

He was finally clapping back at detractors that have been ripping their offseason. Its kind of like a GM saying Semi will replace PJ.
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks