ImageImage

2024 NBA Draft Thread

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,749

Re: 2024 NBA Draft Thread 

Post#181 » by msiris » Wed May 8, 2024 7:57 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:Hunter Sallis reminds me a bit of Ayo Dosunmu who I liked a lot coming out. Watching some highlights of his better games (Duke/NC State) were pretty fun.

Theses are the kind of guys we should be looking for. Guys who can create their own shot and shoot the 3.
Ride the tank
smauss
Lead Assistant
And1: 422

Post#182 » by smauss » Wed May 8, 2024 8:13 pm

emunney wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:Man that shot looks slow as hell, though.

Totally agree, he's going to have to speed up his process.

However, I did see a couple of jumpers that were faster. He will have to adjust because the close-outs at the next level comes much quicker.
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan (CBQ is missed)

simul justus et peccator
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,946

Post#183 » by emunney » Wed May 8, 2024 8:26 pm

smauss wrote:
emunney wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:Man that shot looks slow as hell, though.

Totally agree, he's going to have to speed up his process.

However, I did see a couple of jumpers that were faster. He will have to adjust because the close-outs at the next level comes much quicker.

And he's got a nice high release with a slight natural fade, so the get-off doesn't have to be lightning quick.

I think shooting is a secondary skill for him, though. He's at his best when he's playing aggressive and can turn the corner. That's when his passing really shines, and his touch around the rim is good. The jumper is a set-up -- I think his percentages exaggerate how good a shooter he is a bit. He has more bad misses than you typically see from great shooters in his age group.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,946

Post#184 » by emunney » Wed May 8, 2024 8:42 pm

On Oso, I think he's just a much more deliberate and technical player than Hill, who was all explosion and instinct. He's more like Bam (or Udoh, for a less flattering comp) than he's like Hill. I agree with ShootingtheJ in that I doubt he measures close to the 6-11 he's listed at, but he does have very long arms. Would think his standing reach is ~9 feet.

Such a smart player. Can play with force and finesse. Love his game.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
smauss
Lead Assistant
And1: 422

Post#185 » by smauss » Wed May 8, 2024 9:12 pm

I'm guessing 6'9-6'10' but he does have long arms. Actually, I was surprised seeing him listed that tall. I pictured him as a hybrid 4-5 kinda guy.
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan (CBQ is missed)

simul justus et peccator
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,216

Post#186 » by Baddy Chuck » Wed May 8, 2024 10:15 pm

msiris wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:Hunter Sallis reminds me a bit of Ayo Dosunmu who I liked a lot coming out. Watching some highlights of his better games (Duke/NC State) were pretty fun.

Theses are the kind of guys we should be looking for. Guys who can create their own shot and shoot the 3.

Three seems to be a question with him as he was a 25% shooter the years prio to transferring to WF but I dunno, looked good in the 2 highlight videos I watched :).
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,926

Post#187 » by Fotis St » Thu May 9, 2024 4:15 pm

Yes for Trevon Brazile - perfect frame for a modern 5 ... add some muscles and he is ready. Gave me Giannis 19 year old vibes ...

I think I prefer Oso more though, cause he knows how to play pick n roll better.

No for Larsson ... reminds me of Grayson Allen alot. I think that is his ceiling, not sure if that is a good thing or not. I prefer to gamble on faster more athletic SG/SFs
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
benultimate
Bench Warmer
And1: 858

Post#188 » by benultimate » Thu May 9, 2024 11:41 pm

There's going to be some bigs available if we keep the picks. Daron Holmes, Tyler Smith, Kyle Filipowski I could all get behind. How much they'll help on the floor in the short term is debateable though.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,606

Post#189 » by Bernman » Fri May 10, 2024 1:21 am

benultimate wrote:There's going to be some bigs available if we keep the picks. Daron Holmes, Tyler Smith, Kyle Filipowski I could all get behind. How much they'll help on the floor in the short term is debateable though.

This is a true big draft, which is 1 reason it's getting such a bad rep. Same happened in '13, when no shortage of bigs came good. Among them were Giannis, Gobert, & Adams. To wit, it was foreign-centric too, like this 1, which also gets it underrated.

Not saying it's good or even average. But when the college crop is weak, and the quality is mostly in bigs, that's going to make the class really disrespected. Just got to separate the wheat from the chaff effectively.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
drone3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,544

Post#190 » by drone3 » Fri May 10, 2024 2:06 am

Bernman wrote:
benultimate wrote:There's going to be some bigs available if we keep the picks. Daron Holmes, Tyler Smith, Kyle Filipowski I could all get behind. How much they'll help on the floor in the short term is debateable though.

This is a true big draft, which is 1 reason it's getting such a bad rep. Same happened in '13, when no shortage of bigs came good. Among them were Giannis, Gobert, & Adams. To wit, it was foreign-centric too, like this 1, which also gets it underrated.

Not saying it's good or even average. But when the college crop is weak, and the quality is mostly in bigs, that's going to make the class really disrespected. Just got to separate the wheat from the chaff effectively.
Finding this draft class really hard to evaluate. Feels like the opposite of last year
drone3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,544

Post#191 » by drone3 » Fri May 10, 2024 6:46 am

Frank Nova wrote:No thanks on Dunn. I don’t see him ever being Bruce Bowen and I absolutely hate his offensive game. Da Silva is way better imo.
I'm on the Da Silva train. Franz Wagner vibes, Midds is the perfect mentor
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,263

Post#192 » by ReasonablySober » Mon May 13, 2024 1:13 pm

Read on Twitter
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,151

Post#193 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Mon May 13, 2024 1:29 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
Read on Twitter

Honestly will and should be one of the biggest stories of draft night.
I got to imagine no team is going to draft Bronny in a hostage situation hoping to extract trade value from him where ever lebron wants to go.

But if NY, Cleveland or even PHX/Boston take him late in the first there is going to be a chain reaction over the following 72 hours.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,263

Post#194 » by ReasonablySober » Mon May 13, 2024 1:58 pm

Givony and Woo's mock has the Bucks with:

23. Milwaukee Bucks (via New Orleans Pelicans)
Johnny Furphy
Kansas
SG/SF

The Bucks will need to continue to space the floor adequately for their superstars, which means continuing to add shooting at every position. A 6-foot-9 wing like Furphy who can make shots while also contributing in the open floor and as a cutter could be interesting both in the short and long term for Milwaukee, which will also likely explore trades if more ready-made players are offered here. -- Givony

33. Milwaukee Bucks (via Portland Trail Blazers)

Terrence Shannon Jr. | Illinois | SG/SF | Age: 23.7

I don't know much about the draft this season but I know Shannon would be a tough pill to swallow.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,097

Post#195 » by Matches Malone » Mon May 13, 2024 2:05 pm

Horst always seems to value high character guys. I'd have a hard time seeing them interested in Shannon with what's going on around him right now, but who knows, maybe the owners continue to overrule him on moves going forward.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,151

Post#196 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Mon May 13, 2024 2:27 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Givony and Woo's mock has the Bucks with:

Johnny Furphy
Kansas
SG/SF

The Bucks will need to continue to space the floor adequately for their superstars, which means continuing to add shooting at every position. A 6-foot-9 wing like Furphy who can make shots while also contributing in the open floor and as a cutter could be interesting both in the short and long term for Milwaukee, which will also likely explore trades if more ready-made players are offered here. -- Givony

I don't know much about the draft this season but I know Shannon would be a tough pill to swallow.

https://apnews.com/article/terrence-shannon-jr-rape-charge-trial-illinois-0e8e6c1b10d9d4a5cd2af66167301b9e

Did Shannon have other stuff as well? Like on the surface he should be undraftable but the whole innocent until proven guilty thing. It isnt like a Ray Rice/Bridges situation where there is either clear video or pictures. Like the brandon miller thing we never got the whole story where he was either a good guy being a DD not knowing what his friends were into to an accomplice to murder. Its a tough situation where you don't want to be associated with the person if its true, but on the flip side if it wasn't true you prematurely destroying a career of a young guy based on an accusation. (I haven't seen the whole story but the article seems like it would be tough to know for sure it was Shannon)
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,097

Post#197 » by Matches Malone » Mon May 13, 2024 3:27 pm

Read on Twitter
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
machu46
RealGM
And1: 3,708

Post#198 » by machu46 » Mon May 13, 2024 3:36 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Givony and Woo's mock has the Bucks with:

Johnny Furphy
Kansas
SG/SF

Furphy was on my list of guys that sound intriguing for us based on KOC's scouting reports. Definitely want to check him out some more. Feels like Kansas has these well-rounded shooter types every year nowadays. Doesn't sound like he'd help us defensively at all though.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,693

Post#199 » by SupremeHustle » Mon May 13, 2024 4:31 pm

Johnny Furphy sounds like a name a video game would make up because they couldn't get NBPA licensing.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,344

Post#200 » by Mags FTW » Mon May 13, 2024 4:54 pm

Colorado Springs Cop starring Johnny Furphy

Return to Milwaukee Bucks