Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,055

Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas 

Post#1 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:08 am

Last thread maxed out
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
bucksfansince88
Analyst
And1: 1,805

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas 

Post#2 » by bucksfansince88 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:56 am

It’s time to move Khris for whatever assets we can squeeze
crowhead76
Rookie
And1: 877

Post#3 » by crowhead76 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:11 am

This team would be so much better with Thybulle as the starting 2 and Beasley as the 6th man providing offense off the bench.
Dealing with people who exhibit the "smartest person in the room" syndrome can be a challenge. One approach is to listen their opinion while also encouraging open-mindedness. It's important to create an environment where all voices are valued.
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,978

Post#4 » by Prez » Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:30 am

Bobby’s defense is still abominable and isn’t outweighed by his rebounding/scoring against middling teams. Hope Horst is exploring his trade value and figuring out who the best defensive players we can get for him. We can figure out backup C with a secondary move.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,266

Post#5 » by skones » Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:33 am

Khris Middleton was +20 tonight.
skones
RealGM

Post#6 » by skones » Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:37 am

Prez wrote:Bobby’s defense is still abominable and isn’t outweighed by his rebounding/scoring against middling teams. Hope Horst is exploring his trade value and figuring out who the best defensive players we can get for him. We can figure out backup C with a secondary move.

I don't think it's much. I don't know what team is looking at him and thinking missing piece or starter. Maybe the Bulls because it's the Bulls.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,051

Post#7 » by Matches Malone » Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:40 am

I wonder if small-ball 4 is in Khris' future. He's too slow now to be guarding all these athletic wings on the perimeter, but he's still good everywhere else for the most part. Maybe he could add some weight, but that might make his knee issues worse.

I'm good with packaging Marjon now if that's what we need to do to get a competent wing.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,108

Post#8 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:41 am

bucksfansince88 wrote:It’s time to move Khris for whatever assets we can squeeze

id consider it as long as the return guts bostons roster
skones
RealGM

Post#9 » by skones » Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:41 am

Matches Malone wrote:I wonder if small-ball 4 is in Khris' future. He's too slow now to be guarding all these athletic wings on the perimeter, but he's still good everywhere else for the most part. Maybe he could add some weight, but that might make his knee issues worse.

I'm good with packaging Marjon now if that's what we need to do to get a competent wing.

I think 'Small Ball 4's' are turning into just 4's with the way this league is going. They're just big wings now.
RogerMurdock
Analyst
And1: 6,620

Post#10 » by RogerMurdock » Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:44 am

I love how people want to trade Bobby when he carries the team for an entire quarter every other game.
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 6,092

Post#11 » by Siefer » Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:37 am

I'm warming up to Beasley as rotation guy. He's a lights out shooter who doesn't stop the ball, and he's at least trying on D. I still think he's pretty miscast right now - he should be getting his ~20 minutes with bench units, and he's not a guy you want defending the ball, but I think the nonsense defensive scheme have made him look worse than he is.

I think I'm into seeing if Marjon and a 2nd get you Eason.
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,988

Post#12 » by soxperry » Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:41 am

Here's the thing: Khris is a very good player. Bobby is a good player. We all know this, that's why those two players have trade value. Here's the other thing: This team has too many offense-only (or close) players. Seems like a no-brainer to flip one of them for some defense and hopefully BBIQ.

I dont think Khris is going anywhere. Aside from his relationship with Giannis, which would seem to be a factor, it's very hard to trade Khris and get better as a team. Even if he just balls out until the trade deadline, i think teams will always consider his health an issue and we would be hard pressed to get what he is worth (to us). Moving Bobby encounters neither of those issues. I hate not having Bobby on the team but things are different with Dame instead of Jrue. Giannis/Dame/Khris playing playoffs minutes is going to generate offense very easily. We need the rest of the roster to be able to play defense and make good decisions. It's as simple as that for me.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,655

Post#13 » by JayMKE » Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:43 am

It would be one thing if there was an easy player fix to this team’s problems but 1 guy isn’t going to fix our personnel or scheme problems with the defense. Easiest solution is and will continue to be scraping this defense entirely, we’d need a Lakers like revamp from last year otherwise and completely turn the roster over.
FREE GIANNIS
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,891

Post#14 » by blazza18 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:27 pm

Zach Lowe and Doris Burke really shat all over us/Grief in his most recent podcast.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,980

Post#15 » by Turk Nowitzki » Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:07 pm

blazza18 wrote:Zach Lowe and Doris Burke really shat all over us/Grief in his most recent podcast.

I guess it's the fashionable thing to do right now and I get there's some critiques that have merit but it's hilarious to me how we're getting talked about like we're sub .500 and not a game off the best record in the East.
BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,211

Post#16 » by BigO » Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:15 pm

Prez wrote:Bobby’s defense is still abominable and isn’t outweighed by his rebounding/scoring against middling teams. Hope Horst is exploring his trade value and figuring out who the best defensive players we can get for him. We can figure out backup C with a secondary move.

You pick on Bobby's defense when everyone else was getting roasted last night? There's not one decent one on one defender for the Bucks, except Giannis and Brook. And Brook can only guard a big and is unswitchable. KM was brutal on defense last night.

It makes Griffin's defensive schemes all the more questionable. You only should play a more in your face defense when you have good individual defenders. The Bucks don't.

If Portis isn't scoring and rebounding (and he didn't last night), the Bucks have no bench. PC has been bad and Crowder has been out.

So I agree that the Bucks need quality defenders. Here's the trade, which I only propose with the hope that Crowder returns and fills the void of the loss of Bobby:

Out: Portis
In: Kevon Looney and Gary Payton

Lastly, the Bucks are way down in rebounding this season. Both Portis and Giannis, the two top rebounders on the team, are well below their average. It's because they are playing much farther out on the court. Griffin needs to stop doing this. It's hurting the defense in a number of ways.
skbucks1985
RealGM
And1: 1,903

Post#17 » by skbucks1985 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:15 pm

Turk Nowitzki wrote:
blazza18 wrote:Zach Lowe and Doris Burke really shat all over us/Grief in his most recent podcast.

I guess it's the fashionable thing to do right now and I get there's some critiques that have merit but it's hilarious to me how we're getting talked about like we're sub .500 and not a game off the best record in the East.

I imagine it pales in comparison to what you see around here. I think there's a disdain that people have for people or, in this case, teams they feel aren't living up to their potential and it gets ratcheted up a degree when that person or team is still succeeding. Boston is all of 1 game better than the Bucks but the issues the Celtics have are more personnel-based and they are seen as a team that is largely living up to their potential.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,926

Post#18 » by emunney » Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:17 pm

skones wrote:Khris Middleton was +20 tonight.

Great to have someone who can take full advantage of playing next to Giannis and Dame. Finds himself suddenly playing on Rookie.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
WiscoKing13
RealGM
And1: 1,287

Post#19 » by WiscoKing13 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:35 pm

Sign me up for any trade that is Bobby/Marjon/Portland 2nd. If ownership really wants to add luxury tax add Pat as well.

Sent from my SM-G991U using RealGM mobile app
DanoMac wrote:
bullox wrote:That phone number was an asset to you. You had a direct line to the gm. You've squandered it.

I squandered an asset? Then Hammond taught me well.
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,978

Post#20 » by Prez » Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:58 pm

Turk Nowitzki wrote:

Haven't had a chance to listen to that Lowe pod yet but imo part of it is that our record, while good, is partly a product of unbelievable clutch play led by two superstars, but is masking deeper structural flaws defensively that are going to get ruthlessly exploited in a playoff series by good teams. This pressuring, overhelping defense wouldn't be as problematic if it actually generated the opponent TOs that it was intended to...instead of having us at 27th in opponent TO rate.

No other team is perfect either but some of the other contenders with similar (Boston, Philly) or worse (Denver, Miami) records at least don't have nearly as glaring flaws from a process standpoint. Boston/Philly are lacking a bit of depth but both have assets to pick up a guy or two midseason to help. Denver/Miami have key guys out injured but are going to be finals threats whenever they're healthy and locked in. Our problems defensively are much deeper than that.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks