Wisconsin Badgers Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,169

Re: Wisconsin Badgers Thread 

Post#1081 » by midranger » Thu Apr 4, 2024 2:23 pm

Sure. But I found it funny in a “what would Paul Chryst do” sort of way
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,224

Post#1082 » by DingleJerry » Thu Apr 4, 2024 3:19 pm

Well that was one of the things I wanted this offseason in some kind of assistant shake-up. Not that I had anything against this coach, I have some connections to him and he seems like a perfectly good person from my interactions and all I've ever heard. He had seemed to have hopes of getting a HC job at a mid major type as soon as this year but I'm not sure if that's realistic but I'm sure he'll land on his feet. Now, please get a shooting coach.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,749

Post#1083 » by MikeIsGood » Thu Apr 4, 2024 3:34 pm

Speaking of - I actually sorta hope Joe leaves, because I feel like he could end up turning into a sparkplug young HC that guys gravitate to, and maybe with the moxie to excel in this new era we're in. And it'd be nice to have that out of a guy with UW ties, but he needs some experience somewhere first.

Long play here, obviously, but would like to see what he does.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,173
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#1084 » by Kerb Hohl » Thu Apr 4, 2024 3:47 pm

Krabbenhoft should be bringing in absurd NIL money unless there is something illegal about family members of staff paying the players.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,740

Post#1085 » by chonestown » Thu Apr 4, 2024 5:41 pm

Deano Liver gone. Joe Krabbenhoff sniffing around else where.

Time to bring back the ginger god Mike "Rhythm and" Brusewitz.imo
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,183

Post#1086 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Apr 4, 2024 11:39 pm

Read on Twitter
Kerb Hohl
RealGM

Post#1087 » by Kerb Hohl » Fri Apr 5, 2024 2:19 pm

I'm sure there are backup options that will present themselves, but it really seems like the eggs are in one basket here.

Last night Gard said they tripled their NIL budget, so I'm not sure they're gonna get Storr but hopefully they are a player to fill the roster out nicely.
dbrodz7
Sixth Man
And1: 1,272

Post#1088 » by dbrodz7 » Fri Apr 5, 2024 5:53 pm

Freitag just tweeted about how great Gard is from surgery recovery. Anybody know what that’s about or what the surgery was for?
Misery loves company
Diggr14
Analyst
And1: 1,151

Post#1089 » by Diggr14 » Fri Apr 5, 2024 9:25 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
Read on Twitter

They need that one, because from what I hear if he picks elsewhere, there is a high likelihood that Chucky hits the portal and goes with. There is another player from their HS team also in the portal. It might be a 3 for 1 deal. Hopefully they pick UW.
Khris Middleton - Beating up on Trash Can Teams since 1943. Invisible Man status otherwise.
Diggr14
Analyst

Post#1090 » by Diggr14 » Fri Apr 5, 2024 9:27 pm

Kerb Hohl wrote:Krabbenhoft should be bringing in absurd NIL money unless there is something illegal about family members of staff paying the players.

They gave it all to Carter Gilmore and Kamari Mcgee. Lots of cash, hugs and kisses, see you next year cards, white linen robes, and private beach walks on Lake Mendota. Gards wet dream... how to give playing time to guys that couldnt make Whitewater, but try hard.
Khris Middleton - Beating up on Trash Can Teams since 1943. Invisible Man status otherwise.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,103

Post#1091 » by MVP2110 » Sat Apr 6, 2024 5:37 pm

Read on Twitter
?t=u18_tmEiFC6E7YbFfz9aIQ&s=19
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,272

Post#1092 » by humanrefutation » Sat Apr 6, 2024 7:34 pm

Good for Bo.
Mtsportsfan
Rookie
And1: 370

Post#1093 » by Mtsportsfan » Mon Apr 8, 2024 12:58 pm

MVP2110 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?t=u18_tmEiFC6E7YbFfz9aIQ&s=19

It was about time , should have been on the first ballot!
Kerb Hohl
RealGM

Post#1094 » by Kerb Hohl » Mon Apr 8, 2024 1:33 pm

Diggr14 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
Read on Twitter

They need that one, because from what I hear if he picks elsewhere, there is a high likelihood that Chucky hits the portal and goes with. There is another player from their HS team also in the portal. It might be a 3 for 1 deal. Hopefully they pick UW.

I've heard nothing of that rumor but it also does have elements that would make sense. The funny thing is that I've been the biggest Chucky stan while most hated him his first few years due to having to be the alpha as a sophomore when he was not cut out for that...

If the rumor came true and he left with his friend...it's the portal era and I'm not sure I'd care that much? He's one of the last guys that I would want to see leave, but unless they did it at the very last moment, the Badgers could recover by offering starting minutes and a bag of cash to several players.
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,690

Post#1095 » by BroncoBuck » Mon Apr 8, 2024 9:13 pm

Kerb Hohl wrote:
Diggr14 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
Read on Twitter

I've heard nothing of that rumor but it also does have elements that would make sense. The funny thing is that I've been the biggest Chucky stan while most hated him his first few years due to having to be the alpha as a sophomore when he was not cut out for that...

If the rumor came true and he left with his friend...it's the portal era and I'm not sure I'd care that much? He's one of the last guys that I would want to see leave, but unless they did it at the very last moment, the Badgers could recover by offering starting minutes and a bag of cash to several players.

There were some rumblings that Chucky is the guy to watch in regards to the portal. I know some of the insiders had said possibly more to come with the portal exodus.
Diggr14
Analyst

Post#1096 » by Diggr14 » Tue Apr 9, 2024 10:12 am

BroncoBuck wrote:
Kerb Hohl wrote:
Diggr14 wrote:

There were some rumblings that Chucky is the guy to watch in regards to the portal. I know some of the insiders had said possibly more to come with the portal exodus.

I heard it from a friend of the program. But it was sourced publicly on locked on badgers podcast this week
Kerb Hohl
RealGM

Post#1097 » by Kerb Hohl » Tue Apr 9, 2024 1:44 pm

Interesting and makes some sense. Obviously, getting stuck at the end of musical chairs of portal kombat sucks - but I don't think it would be a death sentence. Sounds like we have a decent amount of cash and could probably get a solid stopgap before Freitag takes over if that happened. Though, again - out of the upperclassmen, Hepburn is probably the one I would least like to see leave.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM

Post#1098 » by Kerb Hohl » Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:52 pm

Fidler is announcing on Omaha radio and told the host he "does not want to go far from home" so I'm going to guess Creighton or maybe Nebraska. Fire up those Chucky rumors!
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,740

Post#1099 » by chonestown » Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:09 pm

Kerb Hohl wrote:Fidler is announcing on Omaha radio and told the host he "does not want to go far from home" so I'm going to guess Creighton or maybe Nebraska. Fire up those Chucky rumors!

Ctrl + F "fire" with results returned in the Wisconsin Badgers Thread?

Feels like home.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
LittleRooster
General Manager
And1: 3,121

Wisconsin Badgers Thread 

Post#1100 » by LittleRooster » Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:51 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=mF3vUjCRshVtoscwosmE7Q

ETA: thought he had committed lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk