ImageImage

PG Warriors - Bucks Grind out a Win

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,746

Re: PG Warriors - Bucks Grind out a Win 

Post#41 » by msiris » Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:39 am

soxperry wrote:i wonder why Marjon isn't playing. He's had some bad games and some really bad mistakes at times, but he's also flashed a decent amount. We used a 1st on him instead of trading for a proven vet. We absolutely need to give him a chance to develop.
AJJ is better.
Ride the tank
fan230
Analyst
And1: 1,317

Post#42 » by fan230 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:40 am

Dame Giannis Brook and Khris are good offensively.
So is Beas, but he is weak on defense. Dame is also weak on defense. Note also that Beas has one of the highest 3 point percentage s in the league.

Thus there a big lineup choice problem for AG.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,052

Post#43 » by MickeyDavis » Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:41 am

Wonka wrote:
soxperry wrote:i wonder why Marjon isn't playing. He's had some bad games and some really bad mistakes at times, but he's also flashed a decent amount. We used a 1st on him instead of trading for a proven vet. We absolutely need to give him a chance to develop.

His leash is WAY shorter than our other bench players. It's really unfortunate. Doesn't seem like we have much interest in letting him develop now the we have Andre. It's weird because I think they are both good at the things the other isn't good at and they seem to play well when they are both on the floor together.

Last year he played 52 of 82 games. This year 33 of 38. So he's getting a lot more opportunity this year. He's just wildly inconsistent. AJAX has also played 33 games. And less minutes than MarJon. But he has surpassed him recently in the rotation simply because he's played better. MarJon will continue to get his chances. If he performs he'll get more.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,048

Post#44 » by Matches Malone » Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:45 am

fan230 wrote:Dame Giannis Brook and Khris are good offensively.
So is Beas, but he is weak on defense. Dame is also weak on defense. Note also that Beas has one of the highest 3 point percentage s in the league.

Thus there a big lineup choice problem for AG.

Was never a big Beas fan, but he's been pretty awesome this year. That being said, I'd trade some of the offense to insert Ajax with the starters. I think his defense, energy, and ability to get loose rebounds for second chance looks helps more than just having 3 point gunner. As long as Ajax can get more minutes over Pat, then that will be helpful too if he wants to keep Beas with the starters.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,978

Post#45 » by Prez » Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:47 am

What a dope player.

Read on Twitter
-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,670

Post#46 » by -Jragon- » Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:48 am

msiris wrote:
Unique wrote:if we had to replace Khash who, in your opinion, would be a better fit for him?
Some one who doesn't fall to the floor or dribble off his foot?:)

Also the wings next to Lillard should be tough on D, efficient on low usage (not need the ball much to be effective) and do the little things like screening to keep getting Dame space and matchups that F up the defense.

The wing starters shouldn't be lazy, they be back cutting, setting picks, hustling, etc.. basically veteran versions of AJJ
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,195

Post#47 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:51 am

-Jragon- wrote:
Wonka wrote:

His leash is WAY shorter than our other bench players. It's really unfortunate. Doesn't seem like we have much interest in letting him develop now the we have Andre. It's weird because I think they are both good at the things the other isn't good at and they seem to play well when they are both on the floor together.

We've "showcased" him already and now we're keeping him healthy as trade bait.... just hypothesizing

Thybulle trade restriction lifts in 2 days :reporter:.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,520

Post#48 » by GoldenAntlers » Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:52 am

Prez wrote:What a dope player.

Read on Twitter
He's gotta be fun to play with too.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
BuckFan25226
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,020

Post#49 » by BuckFan25226 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:52 am

I can't figure out if the Warriors were playing really hard and flying around or we're just that slow.

Maybe both?
"didnt you watch the game with the raptors?bucks is also a playoff team ,they have enough ability to find wins from dalas and utach,
blow jazzs bitches and mavericks bitches out !"

- yiyiyi
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,142

Post#50 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:02 am

randy84 wrote:Anyone think Brook is going to last all season play this many minutes at his age?

Idk. I do think his natural style allows him to play big minutes (stay at the three points line on O and then stay low on D), so usually I think big minutes with Giannis is a bigger issue. But with this new d...it might be an issue.
MiltownHawkeye
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,417

Post#51 » by MiltownHawkeye » Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:04 am

I disagree that he's flashed a decent amount. If anything I think he's flashed shockingly little for a 23-year old in his 2nd year.
Free Chuck Diesel

Fire Steve Novak
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,142

Post#52 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:05 am

Profound23 wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:With 31 seconds in the half Dame was on the line when Livingston came in and it looked like Dame rolled his eyes.. then 8 seconds later Liv commits an illegal defense lol.. I could have read that wrong idk

I saw a look after the 3 second violation.

He then walked over to pay where I think he was hoping to get some reinsurance and pay did a motion like dude just move your feet out of the lane.
msiris
RealGM

Post#53 » by msiris » Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:05 am

AJJ is not a SF. He is a Sg.
Ride the tank
msiris
RealGM

Post#54 » by msiris » Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:07 am

BuckFan25226 wrote:I can't figure out if the Warriors were playing really hard and flying around or we're just that slow.

Maybe both?
Both
Ride the tank
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 4,996

Post#55 » by Plossum » Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:11 am

You wouldn't think it watching the Bucks but we currently have the fourth fastest pace in the league behind the Spurs, Pacers and Wiz.

I'm not sure it means much given Clips are last and Celts 5th last. But my impression is we're a bit more of a deliberate team on offence when we seem to get getting up shots pretty quickly.
#LockUpChuck
raysbookclub
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,185

Post#56 » by raysbookclub » Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:18 am

Loved all the minutes AJJ got in the second half. And he got inserted under 2:00 in the fourth to finish the game before Beasley came in for him for free throws. The ideal starting/closing lineup in effect! Brook, Giannis, Khris, Dame, AJJ.
Dick Tate
Veteran
And1: 1,917

Post#57 » by Dick Tate » Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:25 am

Matches Malone wrote:Image

You could insert Payne’s pic next to Marjon’s.
msiris
RealGM

Post#58 » by msiris » Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:28 am

Plossum wrote:You wouldn't think it watching the Bucks but we currently have the fourth fastest pace in the league behind the Spurs, Pacers and Wiz.

I'm not sure it means much given Clips are last and Celts 5th last. But my impression is we're a bit more of a deliberate team on offence when we seem to get getting up shots pretty quickly.
I think its because we really dont have a very structured offence. We shoot alot very early in the shot clock. We do look to push it lot and the d doesn't really help at all. Willing to bet we turn it over more than most as well.
Ride the tank
yb90
Pro Prospect
And1: 257

Post#59 » by yb90 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:44 am

msiris wrote:
AJJ is better.

Just a few games ago people were down on AJJ. I like him both. Also, even if AJJ is better than Marjon, Marjon should be playing over Pat.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,307

Post#60 » by RiotPunch » Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:02 am

Prez wrote:What a dope player.

Read on Twitter

Consistency is key, but he is **** awesome. Breakout performance.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis

Return to Milwaukee Bucks