ImageImage

PG: Bucks Win 15th Straight over Kings

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,643

Re: PG: Bucks Win 15th Straight over Kings 

Post#181 » by Profound23 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:02 pm

tydett wrote:Man, you guys are all focused on dumb **** like schemes, implementation of a culture, and organizational ability, but I dare you to find another head coach who can tell you what Brene Brown says about leadership for a basketball team.

Anyone who quotes Brene Brown is honestly top of the line in my book. This tells me he understand self-reflection, growth, and utilizes therapy.

That is impressive if he truly understands Brene Brown.
-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,670

Post#182 » by -Jragon- » Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:15 pm

So KM sat... and suddenly Dame Time came back again like it was last time KM sat..... shocked?
tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,943

Post#183 » by tydett » Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:19 pm

Profound23 wrote:
tydett wrote:Man, you guys are all focused on dumb **** like schemes, implementation of a culture, and organizational ability, but I dare you to find another head coach who can tell you what Brene Brown says about leadership for a basketball team.

Anyone who quotes Brene Brown is honestly top of the line in my book. This tells me he understand self-reflection, growth, and utilizes therapy.

I've had plenty of "leaders" who quote a line from Brene Brown who are miserable leaders. Being able to read one of her books or listen to a TEDtalk does not impress me.
Wonka
General Manager
And1: 4,789

Post#184 » by Wonka » Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:34 pm

tydett wrote:
Profound23 wrote:

I've had plenty of "leaders" who quote a line from Brene Brown who are miserable leaders. Being able to read one of her books or listen to a TEDtalk does not impress me.

I just googled a couple of Brene Brown quotes and now I’m a leader! Who knew??
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,978

Post#185 » by Prez » Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:42 pm

-Jragon- wrote:So KM sat... and suddenly Dame Time came back again like it was last time KM sat..... shocked?

Your need to push this weird anti Khris agenda at seemingly any opportunity is so tired man. The last time Khris sat was against the 2-24 Pistons on a 22 game losing streak, like no **** Dame was able to pop off.

- Giannis/Dame lineups without Khris: -0.09 net rating in 489 minutes
- Giannis/Dame lineups with Khris: +14.82 net rating in 500 minutes

The best this team looks is when Khris is on the floor with them.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,302

Post#186 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:44 pm

I let it out into the wild.

Read on Twitter
?s=61&t=7x9MgP9Kcm4BOX840mYHGQ
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
sidney lanier
Head Coach
And1: 10,000

Post#187 » by sidney lanier » Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:28 pm

TroyD92 wrote:Never seen anyone on this board defend someone like Sid does Griff.

You obviously missed the Epicurus/Stotts era. :D

And I'm really not that strong on Griffin. I do like him, I think he's won the locker room over, he seems engaged and knowledgeable, and most importantly he seems to be overseeing steady improvement.

What drives me to long irrelevant posts are what to me appear to be unfair criticisms based on long-held opinions spouted as though they were facts.
"The Bucks in six always. That's for the culture." -- B. Jennings
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,233

Post#188 » by DingleJerry » Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:47 pm

sidney lanier wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:Never seen anyone on this board defend someone like Sid does Griff.

And I'm really not that strong on Griffin. I do like him, I think he's won the locker room over, he seems engaged and knowledgeable, and most importantly he seems to be overseeing steady improvement.

What drives me to long irrelevant posts are what to me appear to be unfair criticisms based on long-held opinions spouted as though they were facts.

What makes you think he's won the locker room over? I would say with the info and leaks so far that the opposite were true. You have a coach straight up quitting, Bobbys thing in Vegas, then it being intentionally leaked after, Dame looking frustrated AF and then leaving the team for a bit, Giannis openly calling out the team/coaches publicly, Dame openly complaining about his role, etc.

Though, I do grant the response from last Monday-ish to now is a positive sign to the locker room not being completely lost and maybe that bad spell got them to come together a bit. I'd grant the response from then until now is a good sign on this topic. But prior to the Bos game I have no idea how anyone could think that, it seemed there was about to be the players pushing him out.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
SirChurros
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,821

Post#189 » by SirChurros » Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:51 pm

Why isn’t Giannis used as the inbounder in situations like those at the end of games?
-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,670

Post#190 » by -Jragon- » Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:51 pm

Prez wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:So KM sat... and suddenly Dame Time came back again like it was last time KM sat..... shocked?

Your need to push this weird anti Khris agenda at seemingly any opportunity is so tired man. The last time Khris sat was against the 2-24 Pistons on a 22 game losing streak, like no **** Dame was able to pop off.

Some fancy +/- number easily skewed against garbage teams doesn't change what we've seen happen
drew881
RealGM
And1: 5,005

Post#191 » by drew881 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:02 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:I let it out into the wild.

Read on Twitter
?s=61&t=7x9MgP9Kcm4BOX840mYHGQ

Do we have a list of the clutch games? Thinking some of these, like the Spurs game, should be blowouts. Guessing the Celtics aren't on this list because they are blowing out teams.
sidney lanier
Head Coach
And1: 10,000

Post#192 » by sidney lanier » Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:10 pm

DingleJerry wrote:
sidney lanier wrote:

What makes you think he's won the locker room over? I would say with the info and leaks so far that the opposite were true. You have a coach straight up quitting, Bobbys thing in Vegas, then it being intentionally leaked after, Dame looking frustrated AF and then leaving the team for a bit, Giannis openly calling out the team/coaches publicly, Dame openly complaining about his role, etc.

Though, I do grant the response from last Monday-ish to now is a positive sign to the locker room not being completely lost and maybe that bad spell got them to come together a bit. I'd grant the response from then until now is a good sign on this topic. But prior to the Bos game I have no idea how anyone could think that, it seemed there was about to be the players pushing him out.

As Charlie Rich once sang, no one knows what goes on behind closed doors, so the best we can do is extrapolate from what we see. And what I see is a team playing hard for their coach. The Bobby thing is just Bobby and appears to have been resolved, and as for Dame's sour puss, we're learning that that's just him, even when he makes a 35-foot buzzer-beater.

I think Griffin does ladle it on a little thick in postgame pressers. Everybody was terrific and fantastic and special, and I'm sure the overpraised players roll their eyes a bit when they hear it. But I see no evidence of resentment or mutiny and everybody seems to be pulling together. That's the main thing.
"The Bucks in six always. That's for the culture." -- B. Jennings
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,233

Post#193 » by DingleJerry » Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:18 pm

sidney lanier wrote:
DingleJerry wrote:
sidney lanier wrote:

As Charlie Rich once sang, no one knows what goes on behind closed doors, so the best we can do is extrapolate from what we see. And what I see is a team playing hard for their coach. The Bobby thing is just Bobby and appears to have been resolved, and as for Dame's sour puss, we're learning that that's just him, even when he makes a 35-foot buzzer-beater.

I think Griffin does ladle it on a little thick in postgame pressers. Everybody was terrific and fantastic and special, and I'm sure the overpraised players roll their eyes a bit when they hear it. But I see no evidence of resentment or mutiny and everybody seems to be pulling together. That's the main thing.

I mean, I just laid out a list of things that would qualify. These are things oft pointed to in sports as 'losing the locker room' type stuff. ETA: add to the list the players pushing to change back the drop, Brook being clearly the most frustrated he's been and constantly complaining on the court

A team playing hard is not at all what I would describe the first half of this season to be, really quite the opposite. It has been a team coasting and seemingly not caring all that much. Though again, I do grant these games bounceback and the care/effort in them does support what you're saying, prior to that though all the info/evidence idiots like us are privy to it is quite the opposite.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
mediocrityrules
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,037

Post#194 » by mediocrityrules » Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:38 pm

Krispy Kreme wrote:Why isn’t Giannis used as the inbounder in situations like those at the end of games?

If Grief wants/needs Giannis on the floor in situations like yesterday where the instant foul and FT's are definitely coming, then this should be the default. Make Giannis the inbounder. Train for it relentlessly. He can inbound and then become a threat off-ball around the rim.
Circling calendars since 2021
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,643

Post#195 » by Profound23 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:54 pm

mediocrityrules wrote:
Krispy Kreme wrote:Why isn’t Giannis used as the inbounder in situations like those at the end of games?

If Grief wants/needs Giannis on the floor in situations like yesterday where the instant foul and FT's are definitely coming, then this should be the default. Make Giannis the inbounder. Train for it relentlessly. He can inbound and then become a threat off-ball around the rim.

Having him trail yesterday helped free up Dame. Dame said himself it worked perfectly because two people followed Giannis and that created space for him. If Giannis is inbounding. two people stick with Dame, and the play doesn't work.
mediocrityrules
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,037

Post#196 » by mediocrityrules » Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:00 pm

Profound23 wrote:
mediocrityrules wrote:

Having him trail yesterday helped free up Dame. Dame said himself it worked perfectly because two people followed Giannis and that created space for him. If Giannis is inbounding. two people stick with Dame, and the play doesn't work.

Remember Midds is out there too. Two guys shooting 90% from the FT line. They would have to hedge their bets in that case. If Giannis is not inbounding they don't even send anyone to him (light pressure only). They still double Dame.
Circling calendars since 2021
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,978

Post#197 » by Prez » Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:33 pm

-Jragon- wrote:
Prez wrote:

Some fancy +/- number easily skewed against garbage teams doesn't change what we've seen happen

Lineup net ratings in 500 minute samples are fancy now? Aight man lol.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,918

Post#198 » by emunney » Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:25 pm

Prez wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:
Prez wrote:Your need to push this weird anti Khris agenda at seemingly any opportunity is so tired man. The last time Khris sat was against the 2-24 Pistons on a 22 game losing streak, like no **** Dame was able to pop off.

Lineup net ratings in 500 minute samples are fancy now? Aight man lol.

It's not that hard to think about. The midrange assassin playing with the guy who gets double teamed as soon as he crosses half court and the guy who brings the entire defense to the paint when he touches the FT line. Khris gets exactly what he wants with very little resistance.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
yannisk
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,748

Post#199 » by yannisk » Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:39 pm

Read on Twitter

what is a clutch game? I would guess a game where we have O-RTG: 120.9 and D-RTG: 99.5 would be over by mid third quarter
MiltownMadness
Starter
And1: 993

Post#200 » by MiltownMadness » Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:30 am

Very interesting that the Bucks can decide to play defense when they truly want, as demonstrated by the clutch stats. Makes you wonder if the defense will improve in the playoffs simply because they will try harder and concentrate

Return to Milwaukee Bucks