ImageImage

Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas -Trade Deadline Thursday 2 pm CT

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,390

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas -Trade Deadline Thursday 2 pm CT 

Post#1821 » by M-C-G » Mon Feb 5, 2024 8:22 pm

soxperry wrote:Grant is such a tool..... And isnt Jae basically supposed to be what Grant is supposed to be?

To me, Jae is the first version of Grant which makes me wonder what are we trying to do?

I know Wiggins has a bad contract but if a change of scenery motivated him, that would be a home run. Might be worth the risk pending what else we get in the deal

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
WiscoKing13
RealGM
And1: 1,287

Post#1822 » by WiscoKing13 » Mon Feb 5, 2024 8:26 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
WiscoKing13 wrote:Can grant even stay in front of the likes of Tatum or Butler? Who is the other Giannis in the east we would need him against? I would almost trade Bobby for anything but Williams is a pass for me.

Sent from my SM-G991U using RealGM mobile app

Jimmy Butler.

Grant Williams pisses people off on defense. He just does. Is he as good as prime PJ? No, he doesn't have that lateral quickness PJ has. But he can rough guys up. Bobby can't.
He's of no help vs Indy, Knicks and 76ers. I don't see the point of it.

Real red flag the Celtics just let him walk basically and could use him on their current roster.

DanoMac wrote:
bullox wrote:That phone number was an asset to you. You had a direct line to the gm. You've squandered it.

I squandered an asset? Then Hammond taught me well.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,292

Post#1823 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Feb 5, 2024 8:27 pm

Turk Nowitzki wrote:They should have to give us additional assets to take on that Grant Williams contract at this point.

Here’s an ideal trade, but don’t see Atlanta going for it, nor Dallas putting in enough assets to make it happen

Read on Twitter
?s=61&t=7x9MgP9Kcm4BOX840mYHGQ
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,753

Post#1824 » by chonestown » Mon Feb 5, 2024 8:27 pm

BigO wrote:This must be a website for what is the worst trade ideas you can come up with. Holy cow.

The RGM slogan contest is now officially closed. Tell'em what's he won, Don Pardo.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,292

Post#1825 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Feb 5, 2024 8:30 pm

WiscoKing13 wrote:Real red flag the Celtics just let him walk basically and could use him on their current roster.

The C's only let him walk because their payroll is absolutely exploding and they needed to fit in Porzingis and sign Jaylen to a $300 million contract.

Now, you can fairly argue that paying Grant $13, $13 and $14 million in the seasons after this is an overpay. But that's the reason they let him walk. Their payroll is a mess.

We forget how blessed we are to have owners who are now spending anything and everything. Only about 5 teams in the league have that. Everyone else has a budget to live within.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,006

Post#1826 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Feb 5, 2024 8:31 pm

The nightmare scenario with Wiggins is that his contract is still immovable 6-months from now and you have absolutely zero assets to use in order to dump it. You just can't take that kind of risk with this team. It would be one thing if he's just an overpaid dude on either an expiring (like Gordon Hayward or Tobes), or on a bloated contract but still a reliable player/someone who's not a mental midget (like a Norm Powell or Jerami Grant). Unfortunately, he's neither of those things.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,006

Post#1827 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Feb 5, 2024 8:34 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
Turk Nowitzki wrote:They should have to give us additional assets to take on that Grant Williams contract at this point.

Here’s an ideal trade, but don’t see Atlanta going for it, nor Dallas putting in enough assets to make it happen

Read on Twitter

I put the odds of that happening around 1%, but if Horst can pull it off, then build the man a damn statue.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,390

Post#1828 » by M-C-G » Mon Feb 5, 2024 8:36 pm

Picks would need to be in here, but here is my mega trade idea that I don’t know if it is remotely reasonable

MKE IN: Wiggins, Loony, Dunn, Olynk, Isaac, Payton

UTH IN: Bobby, Pat

GSW IN: Brook, Gary Harris

ORL IN: Midds, Fonteccio

PG Dame, Payne, GP
SG Beas, Dunn, Green
SF: Wiggins, AJJ, Marjon
PF: Giannis, Jae, Livingston
C: Isaac, Loony, Olynk

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,978

Post#1829 » by Prez » Mon Feb 5, 2024 8:37 pm

Pretty much what I said yesterday, but yeah, squeeze an extra asset outta Dallas in that Grant/Bobby swap, reroute it with our 2nds + MarJon or whatever for a two way starting guard.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,049

Post#1830 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Feb 5, 2024 8:44 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
WiscoKing13 wrote:Real red flag the Celtics just let him walk basically and could use him on their current roster.

The C's only let him walk because their payroll is absolutely exploding and they needed to fit in Porzingis and sign Jaylen to a $300 million contract.

Now, you can fairly argue that paying Grant $13, $13 and $14 million in the seasons after this is an overpay. But that's the reason they let him walk. Their payroll is a mess.

We forget how blessed we are to have owners who are now spending anything and everything. Only about 5 teams in the league have that. Everyone else has a budget to live within.

I have to wonder if we fall short for the third year in a row if our owners start to pull back. I don't think so. Not yet.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
EasyE31
Freshman
And1: 34

Post#1831 » by EasyE31 » Mon Feb 5, 2024 8:45 pm

Prez wrote:Pretty much what I said yesterday, but yeah, squeeze an extra asset outta Dallas in that Grant/Bobby swap, reroute it with our 2nds + MarJon or whatever for a two way starting guard.

This.

How about:

Bucks get: Grant Williams, Isaac Okoro
Mavs get: Portis, Milwaukee 2027 second
Cavs get: Pat, Cam Payne, Dallas future first

Bucks were linked to both Williams and Okoro today. This would leave Milwaukee with:

Dame/AJJ
Okoro/Beasley/Green
Middleton/Jae/Marjon
Giannis/Grant
Brook/Robin

Might want to search for a back up pg on the buyout market but this is pretty solid.
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,702

Post#1832 » by StickeeFingaz » Mon Feb 5, 2024 8:50 pm

Anything is possible if Kidd has a say in personnel in Dallas. Maybe they give us a future 1st to swap Grant with Bobby :lol:
#FreeChuckDiesel
pifhluk23
Sixth Man
And1: 908

Post#1833 » by pifhluk23 » Mon Feb 5, 2024 8:57 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:

Read on Twitter

Turning Bobby Pat Marjon & Payne into Murray and Williams would be a miracle. Williams would fit in great here and he's a proven playoff performer. I'm a little scared of Murray and his comments about not getting the ball enough and wanting to be a playmaker because it would be way less then he's already getting in ATL.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,632

Post#1834 » by raferfenix » Mon Feb 5, 2024 8:58 pm

Eric Nehm threw out Grant for Bobby as a "Hypothetical trade" a day and half before Stein reported on talks happening.

Possible trial balloon on behalf of the team. Either way he knew.

Adds weight to the other "Hypothetical" scenarios he had too.
mlloyd10
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#1835 » by mlloyd10 » Mon Feb 5, 2024 9:02 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:

Read on Twitter

According to Fanspo, that trade doesn't work
PurpleMoses
Freshman
And1: 48

Post#1836 » by PurpleMoses » Mon Feb 5, 2024 9:02 pm

EasyE31 wrote:
Prez wrote:Pretty much what I said yesterday, but yeah, squeeze an extra asset outta Dallas in that Grant/Bobby swap, reroute it with our 2nds + MarJon or whatever for a two way starting guard.

This.

How about:

Bucks get: Grant Williams, Isaac Okoro
Mavs get: Portis, Milwaukee 2027 second
Cavs get: Pat, Cam Payne, Dallas future first

Bucks were linked to both Williams and Okoro today. This would leave Milwaukee with:

Dame/AJJ
Okoro/Beasley/Green
Middleton/Jae/Marjon
Giannis/Grant
Brook/Robin

Might want to search for a back up pg on the buyout market but this is pretty solid.

That's a very good trade. I'd also happily sub the Cavs out for the Nets and acquire DFS under the same framework if need be.
WiscoKing13
RealGM
And1: 1,287

Post#1837 » by WiscoKing13 » Mon Feb 5, 2024 9:07 pm

Since Bobby has gone almost full Drymond this year, curious how he handles these trade rumors.

DanoMac wrote:
bullox wrote:That phone number was an asset to you. You had a direct line to the gm. You've squandered it.

I squandered an asset? Then Hammond taught me well.
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,594

Post#1838 » by Frank Nova » Mon Feb 5, 2024 9:08 pm

Wasn’t it already reported the Nets turned down 1st round picks for DFS? Hard to imagine post iso king Bobby Embiid having that type of value, especially to Brooklyn.. I’m all for it, just don’t see it.
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,702

Post#1839 » by StickeeFingaz » Mon Feb 5, 2024 9:14 pm

Stein updated his story to say the Bucks wouldn’t do Bobby for Grant straight up, Bucks would need more.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,980

Post#1840 » by Turk Nowitzki » Mon Feb 5, 2024 9:15 pm

Yeah, the Nehm and Stein both floating this out there leads me to believe it's at least being legitimately considered by both teams. I think the Bucks are rationalizing Grant Williams could be a younger player in the PJ Tucker role for this team. I really haven't seen him much this year but he completely fell out of the rotation at times for Boston last year and Mavs fans on Twitter hate him with a burning passion. Combine that with the team itself being at least somewhat willing to bail out of that contract halfway into his first season there and I'd be pretty nervous about this deal.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks