ImageImage

Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas -Trade Deadline Thursday 2 pm CT

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

yannisk
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,748

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas -Trade Deadline Thursday 2 pm CT 

Post#1841 » by yannisk » Mon Feb 5, 2024 9:19 pm

StickeeFingaz wrote:Stein updated his story to say the Bucks wouldn’t do Bobby for Grant straight up, Bucks would need more.

at least we have some sense
mlloyd10
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#1842 » by mlloyd10 » Mon Feb 5, 2024 9:22 pm

Just say no to Williams, unless Mavs are willing to give us a 1st too.

WILLIAMS IS TRASH
pifhluk23
Sixth Man
And1: 908

Post#1843 » by pifhluk23 » Mon Feb 5, 2024 9:24 pm

Turk Nowitzki wrote:Yeah, the Nehm and Stein both floating this out there leads me to believe it's at least being legitimately considered by both teams. I think the Bucks are rationalizing Grant Williams could be a younger player in the PJ Tucker role for this team. I really haven't seen him much this year but he completely fell out of the rotation at times for Boston last year and Mavs fans on Twitter hate him with a burning passion. Combine that with the team itself being at least somewhat willing to bail out of that contract halfway into his first season there and I'd be pretty nervous about this deal.

He's had 2 excellent deep playoff runs. Has Bobby even had one good playoff series? I'd swap them straight up, I don't need anything back. It's an empty stats no defense slow shot release bum for a guy that plays D, does all the little things and performs when it matters trade. Yeah the fit isn't great since we have Jae but I'm still doing it 10/10 times and we don't want to be paying for Contract Crowder next year anyways.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,006

Post#1844 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Feb 5, 2024 9:24 pm

The counterpoint to the idea that Grant Williams has looked like a JAG the past two seasons is that you had two stupid coaches (Mazzulla, Kidd) who didn't/don't know how to use him or what lineups to put him in.
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,980

Post#1845 » by Turk Nowitzki » Mon Feb 5, 2024 9:26 pm

If it's between doing nothing and swapping Bobby for Grant Williams I would not want to be making that call.
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,209

Post#1846 » by FrieAaron » Mon Feb 5, 2024 9:26 pm

I'm also meh on swapping Bobby for Williams. But if it somehow also brings in Murray as part of a larger trade? Sure.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,231

Post#1847 » by DingleJerry » Mon Feb 5, 2024 9:28 pm

Dwight Powell wouldn't be a bad guy to get back in a Bobby/Williams based deal. We'd need a backup big, he's been a competent rotation player for a while, has some athleticism. Seems to be signed for two years after this at around 4 mil per. Hopefully can use Robins contract without brook making a fuss.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
yb90
Pro Prospect
And1: 256

Post#1848 » by yb90 » Mon Feb 5, 2024 9:29 pm

mlloyd10 wrote:Just say no to Williams, unless Mavs are willing to give us a 1st too.

WILLIAMS IS TRASH

He is the same level player of DFS but 5 years younger. If the Mavs included picks and/or Derrick Jones then I'd do it.
pifhluk23
Sixth Man
And1: 908

Post#1849 » by pifhluk23 » Mon Feb 5, 2024 9:40 pm

Some of you need to go on that link posted in the ATL thread (https://thehighlow.io/) and watch the Grant Williams highlights from the 2 deep Boston runs and then come back here and tell me you wouldn't trade Bobby for that... High IQ player, exactly what we need.
bucksfansince88
Analyst
And1: 1,805

Post#1850 » by bucksfansince88 » Mon Feb 5, 2024 10:13 pm

Horst must have a back up moved lined up to net us a big if he’s thinking of moving Bobby! I don’t think Bobby is who id be looking to move though. Send out Pat and Brook
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,913

Post#1851 » by emunney » Mon Feb 5, 2024 10:16 pm

Something that's really crystallized for me this year is the need to establish our new identity as a team. I think we get drawn back to the type of physical grinding team we were when we won it all, but trading Jrue for Dame put that under grass. We have got to become a fast team. That means Giannis is the primary C, it means Brook is marginalized or traded, and it means Khris plays up to 4 a lot more or is traded. It means we need athletes.

I think we've got to get really aggressive in reorganizing the team around Dame at the 1 and Giannis at the 5. That means Bobby is questionable, but it means the same for Grant Williams.

I mean, it's not as binary as I'm painting it. We can straddle the worlds and have success as long as we have smart players who work well together. But it **** killed me last night to watch Utah go to 3 bigs without giving up a huge foot speed advantage.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,632

Post#1852 » by raferfenix » Mon Feb 5, 2024 10:17 pm

We could put Dallas' 2027 first to very good use I bet in a follow up deal if we figure out how to snag it.
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,962

Post#1853 » by stellation » Mon Feb 5, 2024 10:18 pm

If we're talking to the Mavs already and want a POA defender/2 way guard, may as well take a swing at Josh Green.
#FreeChuckDiesel
drone3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,535

Post#1854 » by drone3 » Mon Feb 5, 2024 10:38 pm

BUCKnation wrote:Think Pat needs to go. AJ green looks like a better version of him at the moment. He had some really nice defensive possessions against Clarkson and I don't know how our self scouting is so bad unless we've just been blindly trusting the vet.
I'm here for the AJ Green love. Pair him with a defensive PG
Bodiroga13
Junior
And1: 547

Post#1855 » by Bodiroga13 » Mon Feb 5, 2024 10:48 pm

Bobby/Pat for Grant W/Derrick Jones and 2025 srpick

Lopez for Landale/Tate/Eason and 2 seconds

Dame/Payne/AJJ
Beasley/Tate/AJ
Khris/Derrick Jones/Marjon
Grant/Eason/Thanasis
Giannis/Landale/Robin

With These 3 second round picks and Robin, we can get a mediocre big like Drummond. We can afford him because the aforementioned trades are saving us 7-ish millions.

Landale is trash right now but Tate and Eason are two energy guys that defend like crazy. (Last year Landale was good though).
With Grant and Derrick too, we build again our defensive identity. All these dudes are not shot creators but as it seems, Giannis and Dame can only play with off ball players around them. Id est, with players that don't need the ball on their hands.

Of course, these trades are a big risk, we could easily get demolished if it doesn't work. It's possible that all these guys cannot play winning basketball. Except Grant Williams. He is a proven playoff player.

In any case, big Changes should be made. Maybe those suggestions are terrible, Horst do your job and find something better. We are a second round exit team right now. At best.

DFS and Royce could be good here, too. As long as they are still good, like they were in their previous teams. I haven't watched Nets this year, i hope they haven't regressed
Daver
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,037

Post#1856 » by Daver » Mon Feb 5, 2024 10:57 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:
Read on Twitter

Milwaukee staying aggressive

After switching head coaches midseason, the Bucks remain committed to improving their roster, “shopping hard for help,” as described by one league source with knowledge of the situation. Milwaukee has limited options of outgoing packages, with the No. 35 pick, Pat Connaughton and Cam Payne as the Bucks’ most likely outgoing scenario, sources said, and Bobby Portis would need to be included for Milwaukee to chase a bigger salary player like Dejounte Murray, Bruce Brown or Andrew Wiggins, sources said.

Know hes having a bad year but wouldnt wiggins be a really good upgrade at the 2 hes a POA defender
BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,211

Post#1857 » by BigO » Mon Feb 5, 2024 11:02 pm

chonestown wrote:
BigO wrote:This must be a website for what is the worst trade ideas you can come up with. Holy cow.

The RGM slogan contest is now officially closed. Tell'em what's he won, Don Pardo.

I want one of those washing machines they gave away on Queen for a Day.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,292

Post#1858 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Feb 5, 2024 11:07 pm

emunney wrote:Something that's really crystallized for me this year is the need to establish our new identity as a team.

Fair observation. That said, a lot of this is on Horst. As good as he's been on trades (and he's been excellent and creative), he's absolutely failed in the draft, and UDFA markets. He's always looking for higher IQ, skills guys versus athletes.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
German Athens
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,066

Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas -Trade Deadline Thursday 2 pm CT 

Post#1859 » by German Athens » Mon Feb 5, 2024 11:16 pm

emunney wrote:Something that's really crystallized for me this year is the need to establish our new identity as a team. I think we get drawn back to the type of physical grinding team we were when we won it all, but trading Jrue for Dame put that under grass. We have got to become a fast team. That means Giannis is the primary C, it means Brook is marginalized or traded, and it means Khris plays up to 4 a lot more or is traded. It means we need athletes.

I think we've got to get really aggressive in reorganizing the team around Dame at the 1 and Giannis at the 5. That means Bobby is questionable, but it means the same for Grant Williams.

I mean, it's not as binary as I'm painting it. We can straddle the worlds and have success as long as we have smart players who work well together. But it **** killed me last night to watch Utah go to 3 bigs without giving up a huge foot speed advantage.

I’ve been struggling with the idea of changing the identity lately, and I think a faster more athletic team may benefit Giannis and Dame more, but I’m surprised at the strength of your conclusions here.

From my perspective teams always pay a premium for elite offensive talent, yet elite defensive talent can often be found for significantly less.

Caruso 9, Matisse 10, smart 18, etc.

If we went from Jrue, Grayson, pat to Dame, Caruso, buyout defender, how are we that materially different in defensive ability?

A few thoughts refuting my initial stance:

1) our dudes are 3 years older than when we won it, and aren’t moving like they used to.

2) We don’t have the assets to grab that elite perimeter defender, and anything short of bringing in an elite wouldn’t materially change how offenses prepare for us.

3) Our offensive issues still exist, and we still don’t have the ability to beat people off the dribble

4) This is really more about an opportunity. We could reshape around our top 2 guys, and make things even easier for them. Get fast, get switchable, play even more uptempo, etc.

Interested in hearing why it’s crystallized for you, and whether you see it as a hopeless pursuit to keep the status quo, or more of a missed opportunity to really unlock a new team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,006

Post#1860 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Feb 5, 2024 11:16 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
emunney wrote:Something that's really crystallized for me this year is the need to establish our new identity as a team.

Fair observation. That said, a lot of this is on Horst. As good as he's been on trades (and he's been excellent and creative), he's absolutely failed in the draft, and UDFA markets. He's always looking for higher IQ, skills guys versus athletes.

Huh? DJ, Donte, Marjon, and Andre weren't "athletes"?

Return to Milwaukee Bucks