ImageImage

Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas -Trade Deadline Thursday 2 pm CT

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,211

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas -Trade Deadline Thursday 2 pm CT 

Post#1861 » by BigO » Mon Feb 5, 2024 11:20 pm

You guys are giving new meaning to the concept of overvaluing other teams players and undervaluing your own.

Portis for Grant Williams? By all means, give up a player highly valued by GMs around the league, including those who choose Team USA and the US Olympic Team (Bobby is one of two Bucks on the short list) and trade him for a guy who can't rebound, is shooting 41% overall and can't guard any guards.

You can make a legitimate case for trading BP, because other than the top 4, he has the most value around the league. It even could be argued that he has more value than an aging Brook and KM, given BP's undervalue contract.

There are some posters who have it right; those who actually want to get a player that might make the Bucks better-Dunn, Caruso, Thybulle are all players that would actually bring something the Bucks lack. And out of those three, only Caruso is worth BP.

Williams isn't good and doesn't fill a pressing need. Other than that, you guys are right on the money.
Shaffty
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,121

Post#1862 » by Shaffty » Mon Feb 5, 2024 11:23 pm

im only sending bobby for grant if i get a 1st or Josh Green back.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,292

Post#1863 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Feb 5, 2024 11:23 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Huh? DJ, Donte, Marjon, and Andre weren't "athletes"?

Fair point on a few of those guys, especially Andre. That said, I'm not down with DJ. To me that guy was mechanical as a robot.

On MarJon, I don't know what the heck we have. I just know it seems like a guy like Jordan Clarkson moves significantly faster out there than him.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,045

Post#1864 » by Matches Malone » Mon Feb 5, 2024 11:30 pm

I wonder if/how much Horst or the FO look at this board for ideas. It's always interesting to see a bunch of names that have been talked about here for months start to pop up in rumors.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,890

Post#1865 » by blazza18 » Mon Feb 5, 2024 11:31 pm

Hope Horst is letting other GM's know Portis played for the dream team USA squads. Whatever gets that value up.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,594

Post#1866 » by Frank Nova » Mon Feb 5, 2024 11:36 pm

Shaffty wrote:im only sending bobby for grant if i get a 1st or Josh Green back.

Jaden Hardy and Derrick Jones Jr. are also both solid acquisitions if 1 comes back with Williams. You could sell me on any of those returning assets: Green, Hardy, Jones Jr or FRP. I’m also 1 of the more eager Bucks fans to cut bait with Bobby Portis tho. I don’t view him as the positive player and beloved commodity majority of Bucks fans seem to think he is. I also feel the same about Pat but we can just stick with this new rumor and leave Pat alone for now. Hopefully he’s also moved.
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
Shaffty
Assistant Coach

Post#1867 » by Shaffty » Mon Feb 5, 2024 11:40 pm

Frank Nova wrote:
Shaffty wrote:im only sending bobby for grant if i get a 1st or Josh Green back.

Jaden Hardy and Derrick Jones Jr. are also both solid acquisitions if 1 comes back with Williams. You could sell me on any of those returning assets: Green, Hardy, Jones Jr or FRP. I’m also 1 of the more eager Bucks fans to cut bait with Bobby Portis tho. I don’t view him as the positive player and beloved commodity majority of Bucks fans seem to think he is. I also feel the same about Pat but we can just stick with this new rumor and leave Pat alone for now. Hopefully he’s also moved.

Grant williams is one of the few players I wouldn't trade bobby for straight upp lol
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,006

Post#1868 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Feb 5, 2024 11:41 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:Huh? DJ, Donte, Marjon, and Andre weren't "athletes"?

Fair point on a few of those guys, especially Andre. That said, I'm not down with DJ. To me that guy was mechanical as a robot.

On MarJon, I don't know what the heck we have. I just know it seems like a guy like Jordan Clarkson moves significantly faster out there than him.

And outside of DJ, I've generally been fine with his only draft selections that have mattered (no one should be expecting any of these dudes taken in the 40-60 range to amount to anything). But whether or not you wanna blame it on Rod Thorn and Kidd, he did whiff by not taking the one obvious guy that would have been the perfect long-term fit here (OG). I don't think he's adhered to any sort of specific philosophy with his draft choices, I just think he's probably batting the average for picks #17, #24, and #36. It really puts things into perspective just how few meaningful draft picks we've actually had during this run.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,684

Post#1869 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Feb 5, 2024 11:48 pm

One reason I'm all for condender trading every god damn 1st rounder available is after the lotto very few of theses picks amount to anything. Hell even some that do stick suck on there rookie deals.

It's awesome when you actually hit on one of theses guys but the most simply add zero value.

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,632

Post#1870 » by raferfenix » Tue Feb 6, 2024 12:04 am

How much do we think Dallas values Bobby? Mavs need size bad but not like he’s a defender. Could be a good long term fit next to Lively I’d imagine would be the rationale.

We could send the Portland 2nd or MarJon out too of course if it’d close the right deal.

Seems like Josh Green would be a great fit at the 2 spot from what I’ve heard of him. Dallas’ 2027 first it’d depend on what we’d be trading it for but from an asset standpoint that seems enticing if we think Grant Williams contributes here.
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,959

Post#1871 » by Jez2983 » Tue Feb 6, 2024 12:10 am

Matches Malone wrote:I wonder if/how much Horst or the FO look at this board for ideas. It's always interesting to see a bunch of names that have been talked about here for months start to pop up in rumors.

Yeah that's why I started an 'ideal starting 5' thread :lol:

If there's any chance they check this place out, I hoped that might cut through lol...
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,108

Post#1872 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Tue Feb 6, 2024 12:21 am

Lippo wrote:Man, miss the Bled teams winning 65-70 games by +10 diff, games vs bad teams were over by the 3rd quarter and we cleared the bench by the 10 min mark….
Those were the ersan teams ffs
Shaffty
Assistant Coach

Post#1873 » by Shaffty » Tue Feb 6, 2024 12:35 am

raferfenix wrote:

How much do we think Dallas values Bobby?

looks like we are gonna find out
mediocrityrules
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,037

Post#1874 » by mediocrityrules » Tue Feb 6, 2024 12:38 am

Shaffty wrote:
Frank Nova wrote:

Grant williams is one of the few players I wouldn't trade bobby for straight upp lol

He seems to be regressing game by game. Started poorly tonight against Philly as well.
Circling calendars since 2021
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,632

Post#1875 » by raferfenix » Tue Feb 6, 2024 12:52 am

I mean if they are even talking to the Hornets about Josh Green…

According to a report from NBA Insider Marc Stein (subscription required), the "Hornets have designs on pursuing Josh Green from Dallas if P.J. Washington talks with the Mavericks go anywhere."

This is fair for Charlotte, especially since they are parting with one of their best players, but trading Green may be something that the Mavs refuse to do. He is only in his fourth year and recently signed a four-year contract extension, showing that Dallas clearly believes in his potential.

This season for the Mavs, Green is averaging 8.5 points, 3.2 rebounds, 2.5 assists, and 0.7 steals per game while shooting 40 percent from downtown. He is an excellent 3-point shooter from the corner and a great defender, but his inconsistency continues to be an issue.

https://thesmokingcuban.com/posts/dallas-mavericks-rumors-josh-green-receives-trade-interest-from-hornets
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,045

Post#1876 » by Matches Malone » Tue Feb 6, 2024 12:54 am

mediocrityrules wrote:
Shaffty wrote:
Frank Nova wrote:

He seems to be regressing game by game. Started poorly tonight against Philly as well.

Josh Green on the other hand :nod:
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,777

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Dejounte Murray pg 13 

Post#1877 » by ShootingtheJ » Tue Feb 6, 2024 12:56 am

ShootingtheJ wrote:
Prez wrote:I'd do a Grant for Bobby swap if Dallas throws in extra stuff that we can re-route in a Caruso type trade. They've both sucked ass this year but Bobby has the raw box score numbers to maintain some trade value, so squeezing extra assets outta Dallas might be the path to getting enough stuff to make that follow up move for a playoff caliber starting SG.

Agree

Mavs get: Portis, Bucks 2027 2nd
Bulls get: Grant Williams, Chris Livingston, Dallas 2026 1st, Portland 2024 2nd
Bucks get: Caruso, Drummond

Drummond is included to keep the Bulls under the tax.

Here's the deal I proposed yesterday before the Stein rumor. Much more relevant now.

Grant Williams is a hard player to gage. One of those guys that if you polled 10 GMs, you get 10 very different answers on his value. Which GM would like him? The GM that drafted him, Danny Ainge.

If we got Williams, my first call would be to Ainge to try to flip him for impending FA Kelly Olynyk.

I'm not sure if the Bulls would want Williams, but I think they'd jump at my offer above if you substituted in Olynyk.
bucksfansince88
Analyst
And1: 1,805

Post#1878 » by bucksfansince88 » Tue Feb 6, 2024 1:02 am

need josh green more than that 1st IMO
mediocrityrules
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,037

Post#1879 » by mediocrityrules » Tue Feb 6, 2024 1:04 am

It's amazing how many Australians I want on this team right now. Josh Green, Matisse Thybulle, Duop Reath. All feel gettable and would be upgrades where we need them.
Circling calendars since 2021
bucksfansince88
Analyst
And1: 1,805

Post#1880 » by bucksfansince88 » Tue Feb 6, 2024 1:08 am

Go get PJ washington or Keldon Johnson horst

Return to Milwaukee Bucks