Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas -Trade Deadline Thursday 2 pm CT

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,777

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas -Trade Deadline Thursday 2 pm CT 

Post#1881 » by ShootingtheJ » Tue Feb 6, 2024 1:09 am

bucksfansince88 wrote:
Shaffty wrote:im only sending bobby for grant if i get a 1st or Josh Green back.

need josh green more than that 1st IMO

I like Green too, but he has the poison pill provision, which really complicates any deal.
ShootingtheJ
General Manager

Post#1882 » by ShootingtheJ » Tue Feb 6, 2024 1:14 am

Rafernix had asked what our 2nd pick swap rights would be worth? The Suns got a bunch of 2nds for there's. Who would want ours? OKC, and they've done deals like that before.

OKC presently has the Clippers pick that's presently at the end of the 1st round. If the Bucks offered the Portland 2nd and 2nd swap rights, I bet we'd land that 1st, which combined with a 1st picked up for Bobby, would enable us to land Caruso or Murray.
PG Graveyard
General Manager
And1: 4,609

Post#1883 » by PG Graveyard » Tue Feb 6, 2024 1:18 am

https://fanspo.com/nba/trade-machine

This appears to work if they add Green.
Chessboxer
Analyst
And1: 677

Post#1884 » by Chessboxer » Tue Feb 6, 2024 1:35 am

Rumours like this make me a little nervous. If the rumours are true I hope the trade is "in the bag", because if it falls through you have a Portis knowing the team wanted to trade you but couldn't. Now you have to play out the season for a team that is trying to trade you, that same team that you signed for on the cheap. I just hope it doesn't disrupt team chemistry when this is all said and done.
" What I do is attack your ability. I don't have to stand over you and taunt you. You'll know when it's done that I'm better."

-Micheal Jordan
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,356

Post#1885 » by rilamann » Tue Feb 6, 2024 1:50 am

paulpressey25 wrote:
WiscoKing13 wrote:Can grant even stay in front of the likes of Tatum or Butler? Who is the other Giannis in the east we would need him against? I would almost trade Bobby for anything but Williams is a pass for me.

Sent from my SM-G991U using RealGM mobile app

Jimmy Butler.

Grant Williams pisses people off on defense. He just does. Is he as good as prime PJ? No, he doesn't have that lateral quickness PJ has. But he can rough guys up. Bobby can't.

Wasn't long ago the Mavs came to town and we came away grateful that Grant Williams was no longer in the eastern conference. You are right, he pisses people off and that's a positive trait for a defensive player.

I've always said about Grant Williams, he's annoying as hell (If he's not on your team), but he's one of those rare guys who is willing to take an elbow to the mouth for a defensive stop.

We desperately need a guy like that.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
drone3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,535

Post#1886 » by drone3 » Tue Feb 6, 2024 1:54 am

Grant Williams feels like Horst still chasing the ghost of PJ tucker
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,632

Post#1887 » by raferfenix » Tue Feb 6, 2024 2:00 am

Appreciating Mavs fan perspective on their board. One scenario being discussed:

Bucks trade: Bobby, Pat, filler of choice (MarJon / Beasley / Crowder / Payne or the like).
Mavs trade: Josh Green, Grant Williams.

Varying views on Bobby in general much less that trade in particular.

Seems like they want significant change somehow. And there is some skepticism they could beat out the competition to pull PJ Washington or other targets.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2323042&start=1280
randy84
RealGM
And1: 6,423

Post#1888 » by randy84 » Tue Feb 6, 2024 2:00 am

drone3 wrote:Grant Williams feels like Horst still chasing the ghost of PJ tucker

Would have been easier to just re-sign PJ Tucker instead of wasting all that time and draft picks.
PG Graveyard
General Manager
And1: 4,609

Post#1889 » by PG Graveyard » Tue Feb 6, 2024 2:15 am

raferfenix wrote:Appreciating Mavs fan perspective on their board. One scenario being discussed:

Bucks trade: Bobby, Pat, filler of choice (MarJon / Beasley / Crowder / Payne or the like).
Mavs trade: Josh Green, Grant Williams.

Varying views on Bobby in general much less that trade in particular.

Seems like they want significant change somehow. And there is some skepticism they could beat out the competition to pull PJ Washington or other targets.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2323042&start=1280

Green has been great tonight when I have been watching. I’m starting to really like this idea
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,298

Post#1890 » by paulpressey25 » Tue Feb 6, 2024 2:28 am

Grant Williams finished with 14/7 on great percentages and a +12 in a win. I know one of you was starting the gloat route as he began the game shooting 0-2. :smile:
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,049

Post#1891 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Feb 6, 2024 2:37 am

Dallas certainly needs to shake things up. Hovering just over .500 with Kyrie missing games. They'll never really go anywhere with Kidd though.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
ShootingtheJ
General Manager

Post#1892 » by ShootingtheJ » Tue Feb 6, 2024 2:38 am

randy84 wrote:
drone3 wrote:Grant Williams feels like Horst still chasing the ghost of PJ tucker

Would have been easier to just re-sign PJ Tucker instead of wasting all that time and draft picks.

Tucker is the ghost of Tucker.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,232

Post#1893 » by DingleJerry » Tue Feb 6, 2024 2:44 am

Hey its rumors to occupy us, but most stuff the last few years (pretty much everything except Crowder) has comes out of nowhere. So I don't doubt the report is true, but its been leaked for a reason and its probably to drive up costs, so I'm skeptical anything will come of it. Go under the radar, get Dunn for hopefully next to nothing (unfortunately Ainge is a prick) and then see what else shows up next week.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,232

Post#1894 » by DingleJerry » Tue Feb 6, 2024 2:48 am

MickeyDavis wrote:Dallas certainly needs to shake things up. Hovering just over .500 with Kyrie missing games. They'll never really go anywhere with Kidd though.

Get real weird with Brook involved and see if they'd shake it up with Hardaway, who's also a solid wing.. something like Brook/Bobby for Williams/Powell/Hardaway salary wise works. Perk for them is they get out of some money but I'd assume we'd add some picks, you guys know better on that stuff than me. Cut Robin for the roster spot.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
ShootingtheJ
General Manager

Post#1895 » by ShootingtheJ » Tue Feb 6, 2024 2:51 am

ShootingtheJ wrote:Rafernix had asked what our 2nd pick swap rights would be worth? The Suns got a bunch of 2nds for there's. Who would want ours? OKC, and they've done deals like that before.

OKC presently has the Clippers pick that's presently at the end of the 1st round. If the Bucks offered the Portland 2nd and 2nd swap rights, I bet we'd land that 1st, which combined with a 1st picked up for Bobby, would enable us to land Caruso or Murray.

Mavs get: Portis, Bucks 2027 2nd
Jazz get: Grant Williams
Rockets get: Patty C, Kelly Olynyk
Hawks get: Jeff Green, Marjon, Livingston, 1st from OKC (above post), Mavs 2026 1st
Bucks get: Murray, Landale, Wes Matthews, 2- 2nds via Rockets

Rockets get a big and a shooter, Hawks clear longterm money, Ainge reunites with an old friend. Bucks can go shopping again with Landale's salary slot and 2- 2nds. If he's not dealt, Landales unique contract can be cut in the offseason or continues as a salary slot and essentially an expiring for a long as we need.
ShootingtheJ
General Manager

Post#1896 » by ShootingtheJ » Tue Feb 6, 2024 2:53 am

rilamann wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:
WiscoKing13 wrote:Can grant even stay in front of the likes of Tatum or Butler? Who is the other Giannis in the east we would need him against? I would almost trade Bobby for anything but Williams is a pass for me.

Sent from my SM-G991U using RealGM mobile app

Jimmy Butler.

Grant Williams pisses people off on defense. He just does. Is he as good as prime PJ? No, he doesn't have that lateral quickness PJ has. But he can rough guys up. Bobby can't.

Wasn't long ago the Mavs came to town and we came away grateful that Grant Williams was no longer in the eastern conference. You are right, he pisses people off and that's a positive trait for a defensive player.

I've always said about Grant Williams, he's annoying as hell (If he's not on your team), but he's one of those rare guys who is willing to take an elbow to the mouth for a defensive stop.

We desperately need a guy like that.

Pat doesn't take enough elbows in the face?
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,141

Post#1897 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Tue Feb 6, 2024 3:16 am

Chessboxer wrote:Rumours like this make me a little nervous. If the rumours are true I hope the trade is "in the bag", because if it falls through you have a Portis knowing the team wanted to trade you but couldn't. Now you have to play out the season for a team that is trying to trade you, that same team that you signed for on the cheap. I just hope it doesn't disrupt team chemistry when this is all said and done.

I am a BP Contract truther. I think teams knew who Bobby was and he was closer to the Vet Min we originally signed then some outrageous contract he hypothetically turned down. The guy had a lot of DNPS in 2021 playoffs prior to resigning.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,684

Post#1898 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Feb 6, 2024 3:21 am

I thought Dallas was pretty smitten with Green? I haven't followed them too closely this year so maybe that's changed.

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,306

Post#1899 » by RiotPunch » Tue Feb 6, 2024 3:36 am

LUKE23 wrote:I think Pat/Marjon/2nd gets it done for DFS. Then we can move Portis in a separate deal if need be.

I highly doubt it, but yeah you do that immediately if it is on the table.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,959

Post#1900 » by Jez2983 » Tue Feb 6, 2024 3:37 am

mediocrityrules wrote:It's amazing how many Australians I want on this team right now. Josh Green, Matisse Thybulle, Duop Reath. All feel gettable and would be upgrades where we need them.

Giannis has needed a team of Australians since Patty Mills and Delly dominated at the Brazil Olympics. That team also had young Joe Ingles and unbroken Aron Baynes.

Dyson Daniels would also be worth a strong look, also likely gettable.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"

Return to Milwaukee Bucks