ImageImage

PG Cavs: Bucks Run out of gas (in the first minute)

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

PG Graveyard
General Manager
And1: 4,609

Re: PG Cavs: Bucks Run out of gas (in the first minute) 

Post#41 » by PG Graveyard » Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:43 am

I really think the ages have caught up with these guys. They can bring it once in a while but not consistently.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,510

Post#42 » by HKPackFan » Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:54 am

Sometimes I watch the other team on offense and think, wow that looked so good.

Then I realize we almost always make the other team's offense look good.
#FreeChuckDiesel
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,173

Post#43 » by theFireBlanket » Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:00 am

Trade Griffin for Bruce Brown.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,437

Post#44 » by KidA24 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:11 am

Oh wow, the opposite of the Boston game happened, where are the Griffin boys telling us how amazing this was?
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,689

Post#45 » by BroncoBuck » Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:26 am

KidA24 wrote:Oh wow, the opposite of the Boston game happened, where are the Griffin boys telling us how amazing this was?

They keep watching other teams torch us in every facet of the game and argue it’s because the Bucks aren’t trying. I’ve seen plenty of games where teams are coasting and not playing anywhere near as bad as this Bucks team does.

Maybe a defense that emphasizes our two worst defenders on the floor and forces our 36 year old center to do more than he has in years, while neutering one of the best roaming help defenders of this generation isn’t a good idea, but what do I know.
mediocrityrules
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,037

Post#46 » by mediocrityrules » Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:59 am

Man this is depressing. Apparently, all of our problems are to do with our offense.

Circling calendars since 2021
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,921

Post#47 » by Fotis St » Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:50 am

Flipping the "Bench Coin" Giannis dropped earlier in the season ... "Starters need to play better then the bench"

Bench 57 points
Starters 38 points

Good job Portis,Crowder,Payne keep it up 8-)
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
greekbuck34
RealGM
And1: 11,638

Post#48 » by greekbuck34 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:02 am

Obviously it wasn't just his fault but I think I've never seen Khris play this bad before and he had some disastrous nights in his career.
Everything he did was wrong last night. -40 in 20 minutes. :lol:

Our crazy offense carries one of the worst defenses ever. It's clear some of the players, even Lopez, are starting to give up on the defensive end because the holes are so many and big no matter how much you hustle the opponnent will score anyway...
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: I think that we will do worse than last season and that Giannis is now just a mere all star. All because we switched from Bud to Griffin.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,655

Post#49 » by JayMKE » Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:09 am

We need Bud
FREE GIANNIS
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,307

Post#50 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:33 pm

Read on Twitter
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 3,004

Post#51 » by BUCKnation » Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:43 pm

Remember when we had a great record without giannis under bud, now it seems like we’d be lucky to even be competitive without one of the stars
Brewhoopfan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,942

Post#52 » by Brewhoopfan » Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:47 pm

Can we just swap Griffins?

JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,655

Post#53 » by JayMKE » Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:51 pm

BUCKnation wrote:Remember when we had a great record without giannis under bud, now it seems like we’d be lucky to even be competitive without one of the stars

we use to be able to run out Jordan Nwora & Lindell Wigginton and get Ws with Bud :banghead: :noway:
FREE GIANNIS
yannisk
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,748

Post#54 » by yannisk » Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:17 pm

we had a very easy schedule, we have won many games on the wire, and when we finally had a losing streak we obliterated the Celtics.

In normal circumstances we would have a much worse record (based on our level of play) and Grief would be gone by now.
MiltownHawkeye
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,417

Post#55 » by MiltownHawkeye » Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:27 pm

I think I'm pretty much checked out on this season. Coaching malpractice is our most glaring problem but it's just as much on the FO for letting this go on over halfway through the season and that's the most discouraging part. If they haven't seen enough to pull the plug then they're not going to until it's too late (which is probably now).

These miserable losses are going to be mixed in with some close wins against teams like the Hawks and Bulls, some double-digit wins against the Wizards/Blazers (where it was tied most of the way) and maybe the occasional win against a good team where they're down a player or two. And these wins will maybe make people stop talking about how **** Griffin is for a game, and make a couple of bored contrarians say "see you're all overreacting everything is fine", but nothing will actually change. Just the same repetitive arguments.
Free Chuck Diesel

Fire Steve Novak
Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,256

Post#56 » by Sigra » Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:56 pm

MiltownHawkeye wrote:I think I'm pretty much checked out on this season....

I dont have any hope that this team can win title. Or even East. 99% chance that they will lose in 1st or 2nd round in playoffs IMO.

BUT they are still much much much more interesting then Bucks teams before Giannis. If I watched Mo and Redd teams I will watch Giannis Dame team for sure. Cmon
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 6,092

Post#57 » by Siefer » Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:02 pm

Something that sticks out to me when Griffin talks to the media is how he often sidesteps the elephant in the room. Talking about the end of game fouling against the Kings, he explained it as a team decision, a hard rule that had to be followed. No mention of the time intervals (fouling at 17 and 11 seconds) that were the real problem. Nothing he can do, team decision!

This isn't just coach speak (see every interview Bud's ever given) where they say nothing of substance. This is positioning himself as blameless. Everyone knows the defense is an albatross, but the offense couldn't hit shots tonight, so he pulls the conversation towards that.

Punting Stotts, constantly pandering to Giannis, always pulling conversations away from his decision-making. This dude is responding to pretty bad incentives, and I keep thinking about Blatt in Cleveland.
tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,943

Post#58 » by tydett » Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:09 pm

Siefer wrote:Something that sticks out to me when Griffin talks to the media is how he often sidesteps the elephant in the room. Talking about the end of game fouling against the Kings, he explained it as a team decision, a hard rule that had to be followed. No mention of the time intervals (fouling at 17 and 11 seconds) that were the real problem. Nothing he can do, team decision!

This isn't just coach speak (see every interview Bud's ever given) where they say nothing of substance. This is positioning himself as blameless. Everyone knows the defense is an albatross, but the offense couldn't hit shots tonight, so he pulls the conversation towards that.

Punting Stotts, constantly pandering to Giannis, always pulling conversations away from his decision-making. This dude is responding to pretty bad incentives, and I keep thinking about Blatt in Cleveland.

One of the things they must teach in leadership school is "How to Pass the Buck and Completely Absolve Yourself of Blame so that You can Stay in Your Leadership Position 101."
rayallenscalves
Junior
And1: 221

Post#59 » by rayallenscalves » Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:11 pm

Brook's whiny face was in top form last night. Getting real sick of seeing it this year.
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,742

Post#60 » by CharityStripe34 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:11 pm

So a group of us went to Cleveland on 12/29 in a solid effort W on the road (No Garland/Mobley). Gianni had a big-time game going at Allen (who had himself a very good game), Dame was very good in the second half and Khris was steady. Super fun experience to get a road W to close out 2023.

One of us from that group actually drove the near 4 hours (through WNY's awful snow) with his wife and two kids to see them again. Paid premium money for close to floor seats. One of my cousin's and I yesterday were debating, and half-serious, about leaving work early, buying similar seats for a bargain and gunning it to Cleveland.

I watched briefly in the first half and good lord I'm so happy we didn't pull the trigger. Not only did Gianni sit, but it looks like the rest of the team also took the game off.
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS

Return to Milwaukee Bucks