ImageImage

PG Cavs: Bucks Run out of gas (in the first minute)

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,643

Re: PG Cavs: Bucks Run out of gas (in the first minute) 

Post#61 » by Profound23 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:15 pm

So this game proves Giannis is MVP right?

Run the offense through Dame they said, Giannis is a ballhog they said.
fan230
Analyst
And1: 1,317

Post#62 » by fan230 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:09 pm

JayMKE wrote:We need Bud

I never understood the “we needed to move on” argument for Bud.

Bottom line: we are much much worse today than we were when we had Bud.
kanyon
Junior
And1: 232

Post#63 » by kanyon » Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:10 pm

At least Stephen A. continued the 'Griffin is gonna get himself fired' narrative.
sidney lanier
Head Coach
And1: 10,000

Post#64 » by sidney lanier » Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:27 pm

BroncoBuck wrote:
KidA24 wrote:Oh wow, the opposite of the Boston game happened, where are the Griffin boys telling us how amazing this was?

They keep watching other teams torch us in every facet of the game and argue it’s because the Bucks aren’t trying. I’ve seen plenty of games where teams are coasting and not playing anywhere near as bad as this Bucks team does.

Maybe a defense that emphasizes our two worst defenders on the floor and forces our 36 year old center to do more than he has in years, while neutering one of the best roaming help defenders of this generation isn’t a good idea, but what do I know.

Oh those Griffin boys -- what Pollyannas!
Don't they know what a real Bucks fan is?
First the coaching you ream
Then give up on the team
What? A winter road loss? That's bananas!
"The Bucks in six always. That's for the culture." -- B. Jennings
MissKhriddleton
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,189

Post#65 » by MissKhriddleton » Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:42 pm

sidney lanier wrote:
BroncoBuck wrote:
KidA24 wrote:Oh wow, the opposite of the Boston game happened, where are the Griffin boys telling us how amazing this was?

They keep watching other teams torch us in every facet of the game and argue it’s because the Bucks aren’t trying. I’ve seen plenty of games where teams are coasting and not playing anywhere near as bad as this Bucks team does.

Maybe a defense that emphasizes our two worst defenders on the floor and forces our 36 year old center to do more than he has in years, while neutering one of the best roaming help defenders of this generation isn’t a good idea, but what do I know.

Then give up on the team

lol. We opened as title favorites at +350 after the Dame trade I believe. Quickly moved to even with Boston, jumped up to +450 and then were settled in at +400 with Boston at +350 (at least at Potowatomi) for the last month so. Future odds move at glacial speeds in a league with 82 games, so the fact that we are now very clearly separated ourselves from Boston is not good. And these odds are going to be mostly based on us having Giannis/Dame and a casual glance at the standings. Any intricacies that the hardcore fan picks up on such as a complete lack of an effective offesnive/defensive gameplan is not going to be reflected in these odds.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,056

Post#66 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:11 pm

fan230 wrote:
JayMKE wrote:We need Bud

I never understood the “we needed to move on” argument for Bud.

Bottom line: we are much much worse today than we were when we had Bud.

Removing Bud was good. We definitely needed to move on, we just moved in the wrong direction with the worst choice possible. Going from bad to worse doesn't mean we should go back to bad.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,052

Post#67 » by Matches Malone » Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:38 pm

I bet your haikus would go over well on Reddit. They love sticking their heads in the sand!
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
sidney lanier
Head Coach

Post#68 » by sidney lanier » Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:48 pm

Matches Malone wrote:I bet your haikus would go over well on Reddit. They love sticking their heads in the sand!

Ostrich has large eyes
Blink! A limerick appears
Thanks for the advice
sidney lanier
Head Coach

Post#69 » by sidney lanier » Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:51 pm

MissKhriddleton wrote:
sidney lanier wrote:
BroncoBuck wrote:

Then give up on the team

lol. We opened as title favorites at +350 after the Dame trade I believe. Quickly moved to even with Boston, jumped up to +450 and then were settled in at +400 with Boston at +350 (at least at Potowatomi) for the last month so. Future odds move at glacial speeds in a league with 82 games, so the fact that we are now very clearly separated ourselves from Boston is not good. And these odds are going to be mostly based on us having Giannis/Dame and a casual glance at the standings. Any intricacies that the hardcore fan picks up on such as a complete lack of an effective offesnive/defensive gameplan is not going to be reflected in these odds.

Has it occurred to you that the reason odds don't move in reaction to transient events or temporary problems ("at glacial speeds" as you put it) is because money talks and whingeing walks?
Matches Malone
RealGM

Post#70 » by Matches Malone » Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:52 pm

sidney lanier wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:I bet your haikus would go over well on Reddit. They love sticking their heads in the sand!

Ostrich has large eyes
Blink! A limerick appears
Thanks for the advice

:kiss
PG Graveyard
General Manager
And1: 4,609

Post#71 » by PG Graveyard » Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:04 pm

Check out this defense from Dame.

Read on Twitter
?s=46

We downgraded our team trading for this guy. Now we have to shake up the roster to compensate for his atrocious defense
neiLz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,487

Post#72 » by neiLz » Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:11 pm

welp another game where the team looks completely dead and LOST. glad i checked out when the score was 12-2. could tell from literally tip off they didn't know what the **** was going on.

This is a trend. Something needs to be addressed. can't continue to address this by speaking in cliches and saying "at the end of the day"

it still boggles my mind that a team with title aspirations hired a rookie head coach.

it is not all on AG, but he is in charge. This isn't week training camp or month 1. this is 40+ games in and they still don't know how to switch, get lost on defense, and just try to out talent teams.

see you all on saturday.
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,746

Post#73 » by msiris » Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:13 pm

PG Graveyard wrote:Check out this defense from Dame.

Read on Twitter
?s=46

We downgraded our team trading for this guy. Now we have to shake up the roster to compensate for his atrocious defense
The problem I have is that he doesn't even try. Just fricken lazy. He is very laid back and he plays bb that way.
Ride the tank
msiris
RealGM

Post#74 » by msiris » Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:17 pm

neiLz wrote:welp another game where the team looks completely dead and LOST. glad i checked out when the score was 12-2. could tell from literally tip off they didn't know what the **** was going on.

This is a trend. Something needs to be addressed. can't continue to address this by speaking in cliches and saying "at the end of the day"

it still boggles my mind that a team with title aspirations hired a rookie head coach.

it is not all on AG, but he is in charge. This isn't week training camp or month 1. this is 40+ games in and they still don't know how to switch, get lost on defense, and just try to out talent teams.

see you all on saturday.

And some people think they can flip the switch come playoff time. lol
Ride the tank
PG Graveyard
General Manager

Post#75 » by PG Graveyard » Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:28 pm

msiris wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=46

The problem I have is that he doesn't even try. Just fricken lazy. He is very laid back and he plays bb that way.

Certainly Griff is a problem too and I can't find any redeeming qualities of him as a coach, but I don't know how you make any team even adequate defensively with Dame on it. Then you add Beasley and Mids to the mix. Good luck.
Matches Malone
RealGM

Post#76 » by Matches Malone » Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:37 pm

PG Graveyard wrote:
msiris wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=46

Certainly Griff is a problem too and I can't find any redeeming qualities of him as a coach, but I don't know how you make any team even adequate defensively with Dame on it. Then you add Beasley and Mids to the mix. Good luck.

I don't think you'll ever be able to get this group as a whole to become an elite defensive squad, but I think they can become adequate if they just stop trying to pressure the ball so high up trying to go for turnovers (of which they don't create) and then the guards are in a bad position and get blown by while Brook gets put on an island making himself look bad too. There's just too much space for opposing guards to operate and I think it would help to get our guards closer to your better defenders.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,242

Post#77 » by DingleJerry » Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:37 pm

PG Graveyard wrote:
msiris wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=46

The team they played has the same type of guy at PG and is ranked top 5 in D and if I remember correctly was number 1 last year. And their other G in Garland I think is considered poor on D too (don't hold me to that). And they don't have Giannis behind them.

Dames teams pre tanking in Por were never great at D but never the trainwreck we're seeing here. Though I do think they scraped out a few 15ish rankings and one top 10(I think the WCF year). Again, with worse players than here.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
msiris
RealGM

Post#78 » by msiris » Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:41 pm

PG Graveyard wrote:
msiris wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=46

I don't like the coach either but Bucks won't fire him so I gave up on that. Those 3 are really bad on D that I don't care if they trade them. Iam sure Mids could bring back some value. Would be nice to have a better option for a 3rd banana and get younger at the same time.
Ride the tank
PG Graveyard
General Manager

Post#79 » by PG Graveyard » Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:05 pm

Matches Malone wrote:
PG Graveyard wrote:
msiris wrote:The problem I have is that he doesn't even try. Just fricken lazy. He is very laid back and he plays bb that way.

I don't think you'll ever be able to get this group as a whole to become an elite defensive squad, but I think they can become adequate if they just stop trying to pressure the ball so high up trying to go for turnovers (of which they don't create) and then the guards are in a bad position and get blown by while Brook gets put on an island making himself look bad too. There's just too much space for opposing guards to operate and I think it would help to get our guards closer to your better defenders.

More than anything this team doesn’t get back on defense and that is where Dame is worse than a traffic cone. He literally screened Ajax in one of those videos. Maybe he should just stay on the offensive end and cherry pick.

I’m surprised more people aren’t comparing him to Westbrook now. Both look great on tanking teams putting up great numbers but can’t play on a team with championship aspirations anymore. I really wish Giannis wasn’t so infatuated with playing with him
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,242

Post#80 » by DingleJerry » Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:17 pm

PG Graveyard wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
PG Graveyard wrote:

More than anything this team doesn’t get back on defense and that is where Dame is worse than a traffic cone. He literally screened Ajax in one of those videos. Maybe he should just stay on the offensive end and cherry pick.

I’m surprised more people aren’t comparing him to Westbrook now. Both look great on tanking teams putting up great numbers but can’t play on a team with championship aspirations anymore. I really wish Giannis wasn’t so infatuated with playing with him

Probably because he just had his likely best statistical season last year, one year ago. And he's an elite shooter who's teams have always won more than they were supposed to prior to the last two years when they pulled the plug an tanked. In the last year they tried they 42-30 with him as the 1 best player and made the WCF a year or two before that with him as the best player.

You are overreacting here and putting more blame on the wrong spot. You could put prime Gary Payton on this D scheme and it would suck. But yes I do see his attitude/grumpiness and its not good and I'm guessing it is trickling down to him being worse on D. You're putting this all on him, which of course isn't totally unfair, but he's never had attitude/effort type issues in the past. The common denominator here is the terrible coach, my guess is he has no faith in the coach and system and its creating a negative attitude. Which if you've ever been in a workplace with a terrible boss you probably know how that goes. And this probably applies to almost everyone on the team, they have no faith in the system/process and then it just breeds a vibe of negativity and bad effort. The frustration is evident up and down the team, look at Brook/KM sniping at each other last night. Brook constantly complaining.

Getting back on D is certainly a trend, but its everyone not just dame.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks