ImageImage

PG Detroit: Top 75 players sneak past Washington Generals

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,209

Re: PG Detroit: Top 75 players sneak past Washington Generals 

Post#81 » by FrieAaron » Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:14 am

Frank Nova wrote:Who came up with Grief? It’s so good, just wanted to give whoever their credit for it. I missed its birth..

I think the first use was a fortunate autocorrect
Chad34
RealGM
And1: 5,215

Post#82 » by Chad34 » Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:24 am

come on jordan be a killer
Chad34
RealGM
And1: 5,215

Post#83 » by Chad34 » Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:46 am

hopefully purdy keeps sailing his throws and we can get a pick or 3 and out
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,594

Post#84 » by Frank Nova » Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:02 am

FrieAaron wrote:
Frank Nova wrote:Who came up with Grief? It’s so good, just wanted to give whoever their credit for it. I missed its birth..

That’s even better
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
mediocrityrules
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,037

Post#85 » by mediocrityrules » Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:11 am

Frank Nova wrote:
FrieAaron wrote:

That’s even better

Yep, i'm sure the first use was an autocorrect or typo. That's usually how the best ones start.
Circling calendars since 2021
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,926

Post#86 » by emunney » Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:30 pm

Good to win a game when the Pistons shot like that, but I don't need any more of the doomed combination of Pat on the ball and Bobby at the rim, or the possessions where Brook comes up to guard the screen and nobody's defending the ball.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,926

Post#87 » by emunney » Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:33 pm

Have said it before, but if you only watched Bucks games, you would not believe that any team is capable of playing defense.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,520

Post#88 » by GoldenAntlers » Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:38 pm

sidney lanier wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:I watched with a bunch of casuals. They all thought it was a "fun game"

That's a good sense-check for the rest of us.
It's been my go-to this year to help me not become emotionally invested in a trainwreck.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
nagawicka
Pro Prospect
And1: 235

Post#89 » by nagawicka » Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:50 pm

FrieAaron wrote:
soxperry wrote:Why on earth did we treat the rotations like a playoff game? Several usuals didnt see the court.

Because otherwise we would have lost.

So you're sayin'

Griff: Plays bench
realGM: 'wHy dIdN't wE pLaY tO wIn!?'
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,655

Post#90 » by JayMKE » Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:01 pm

Even casuals who have watched a couple games could tell something is off with this team, noticing how bad the defense is and playing even with the worst teams in the league isn’t rocket science. Casual fans liked the previous teams better since non-casuals actually believed in the team, most of them ask why did they even fire Budenholzer?
FREE GIANNIS
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,926

Post#91 » by buckboy » Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:14 pm

sidney lanier wrote:
MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:Monty "I feel bad for our team" such a loser

And yet he would still win a head-to-head poll here vs. Griffin.

It's frankly a toss-up. They're both terrible.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,211

Post#92 » by BigO » Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:08 pm

sidney lanier wrote:
steger_3434 wrote:
BigO wrote:
Like any assistant, his suggestions have to fall within the framework of what the coach wants to do.

If Prunty told Griffin that he his entire premise of having guys guard way out on the perimeter is ridiculous, he wouldn't survive.

There are so many basic flaws in what griffin is trying to accomplish on defense, especially with the perimeter players he has, that a good assistant can only help on the margins.

So not only is ag a horrible head coach but he’s extremely egotistical as well. That’s a good combination

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Yeah, it’s not like he wrote a dissertation on the plight of the NBA assistant.

I hope you're not claiming that because he has a PhD that makes him listen to his coaches more and that he is open to change his espoused philosophy.

The PhD means nothing and should mean nothing when evaluating how someone has done. It may have had meaning when they hired him (it shouldn't have), but now it's all about performance.

The defense is bad and he's doing the same things over and over, like having Bobby (and only Bobby) double team a guard way out on the court, only to leave someone wide open.
MissKhriddleton
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,189

Post#93 » by MissKhriddleton » Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:25 pm

BigO wrote:
sidney lanier wrote:
steger_3434 wrote:So not only is ag a horrible head coach but he’s extremely egotistical as well. That’s a good combination

I hope you're not claiming that because he has a PhD that makes him listen to his coaches more and that he is open to change his espoused philosophy.

The PhD means nothing and should mean nothing when evaluating how someone has done. It may have had meaning when they hired him (it shouldn't have), but now it's all about performance.

The defense is bad and he's doing the same things over and over, like having Bobby (and only Bobby) double team a guard way out on the court, only to leave someone wide open.

Yeah but when you combine the Phd with the Las Vegas odds of us winning the finals (which have gotten worse since the start of the year), it’s pretty clear that Griffin is actually a good coach.
sidney lanier
Head Coach
And1: 10,000

Post#94 » by sidney lanier » Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:27 pm

BigO wrote:
sidney lanier wrote:
steger_3434 wrote:So not only is ag a horrible head coach but he’s extremely egotistical as well. That’s a good combination

Simply pointing out that when it comes to listening to his assistants, he understands the issue.
"The Bucks in six always. That's for the culture." -- B. Jennings
BigO
Analyst

Post#95 » by BigO » Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:35 pm

sidney lanier wrote:
BigO wrote:
sidney lanier wrote:

Simply pointing out that when it comes to listening to his assistants, he understands the issue.

No doubt he understands the issue, more because he lived it than because he studied it.

But it also begs the question of if this is his strength, why did Stotts only last a month or two. Of course, Stotts could be the problem, but he hadn't had a history of that.
sidney lanier
Head Coach
And1: 10,000

Post#96 » by sidney lanier » Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:34 pm

BigO wrote:
sidney lanier wrote:
BigO wrote:

No doubt he understands the issue, more because he lived it than because he studied it.

But it also begs the question of if this is his strength, why did Stotts only last a month or two. Of course, Stotts could be the problem, but he hadn't had a history of that.

True, but he left in a huff and offered no “wish him the best” words as Griffin did.

I suspect he left singing the great Bessie Smith blues: “I ain’t gonna play no second fiddle. I’m used to playing lead.”
"The Bucks in six always. That's for the culture." -- B. Jennings
Dick Tate
Veteran
And1: 1,917

Post#97 » by Dick Tate » Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:58 pm

buckboy wrote:
sidney lanier wrote:
MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:Monty "I feel bad for our team" such a loser

And yet he would still win a head-to-head poll here vs. Griffin.

It's frankly a toss-up. They're both terrible.

I have to take Griff because he at least has a contract that makes him fireable.
BigO
Analyst

Post#98 » by BigO » Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:49 pm

sidney lanier wrote:
BigO wrote:
sidney lanier wrote:

True, but he left in a huff and offered no “wish him the best” words as Griffin did.

I suspect he left singing the great Bessie Smith blues: “I ain’t gonna play no second fiddle. I’m used to playing lead.”

Bessie Smith, one of my wife's all-time favorites. Griff must love her hit "Nobody knows you when you're down and out".

Return to Milwaukee Bucks