Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

nagawicka
Pro Prospect
And1: 235

Re: PG Detroit: The More Things Change The More They Stay the Same 

Post#61 » by nagawicka » Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:09 pm

msiris wrote:
sidney lanier wrote:
msiris wrote:Weird mentioning Khris in the same breath wth the 1st 2. Legend is a little too for him.

It doesn't feel right, I agree, but when you think about it, he's definitely one of the top four people most responsible for Bucks championships (along with Kareem, Giannis, and Oscar). My namesake Sidney, Marques, and a few others probably played better basketball for the Bucks, but they didn't make it to the top of the mountain.
If they played with Giannis they very well could have won a chip as well.

You never watched even a minute of that Bucks team play, did ya.
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,746

Post#62 » by msiris » Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:22 pm

nagawicka wrote:
msiris wrote:
sidney lanier wrote:
It doesn't feel right, I agree, but when you think about it, he's definitely one of the top four people most responsible for Bucks championships (along with Kareem, Giannis, and Oscar). My namesake Sidney, Marques, and a few others probably played better basketball for the Bucks, but they didn't make it to the top of the mountain.
If they played with Giannis they very well could have won a chip as well.

What you talking about Willis? They never get pass Bird and company or Dr J and company but it was always very close and a fight down to end. I saw them all and it was always close but no cigar. Before your time sunny. :D
Ride the tank
-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,670

Post#63 » by -Jragon- » Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:14 pm

Khris had a nice career to pass the # of awesome players he passed here.

Also last night he generally attacked efficiently catching at the 3 pt line, threatening a shot and attacking on 1-2 dribbles. He let Dame initiate.. keep it going. I'd like I'd like to see him work up to 7 to 10 3pt attempts per game and less long 2s. Make half and those closeouts will be easier to attack. Shooting more long 2s than 3s are the mark of a tank commander.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,755

Post#64 » by chonestown » Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:17 pm

Say what you will, but it was a joy watching Khris operate last night. When he's cooking, the aesthetics are muy bueno.

I get bemoaning what KM can't do, but few can fill it up with ease in a variety of ways like that dude can. Nice bit of symmetry for it to happen in Detroit last night and for the milestone to occur while he was On One.

Regular programming comparing the coaching aptitude of Adrian Griffith (sp?) to inaminate household objects may resume now.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
Dick Tate
Veteran
And1: 1,917

Post#65 » by Dick Tate » Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:51 pm

Good win > Bad win > good loss > bad loss
sidney lanier
Head Coach
And1: 10,000

Post#66 » by sidney lanier » Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:05 pm

chonestown wrote:Say what you will, but it was a joy watching Khris operate last night. When he's cooking, the aesthetics are muy bueno.

I get bemoaning what KM can't do, but few can fill it up with ease in a variety of ways like that dude can. Nice bit of symmetry for it to happen in Detroit last night and for the milestone to occur while he was On One.

Regular programming comparing the coaching aptitude of Adrian Griffith (sp?) to inaminate household objects may resume now.

There will always be those who downgrade him because he makes it look easy, but I'm with you. Easy grace is a pleasure to watch.
"The Bucks in six always. That's for the culture." -- B. Jennings
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,209

Post#67 » by FrieAaron » Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:17 pm

Looks like the next 15 might be our toughest stretch of the season. Only 3 against a team with a losing record, one against a .500 team.
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,742

Post#68 » by CharityStripe34 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:23 pm

FrieAaron wrote:Looks like the next 15 might be our toughest stretch of the season. Only 3 against a team with a losing record, one against a .500 team.

This stretch will be very revelatory.
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
smauss
Lead Assistant
And1: 422

Post#69 » by smauss » Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:37 pm

sidney lanier wrote:
chonestown wrote:Say what you will, but it was a joy watching Khris operate last night. When he's cooking, the aesthetics are muy bueno.

There will always be those who downgrade him because he makes it look easy, but I'm with you. Easy grace is a pleasure to watch.

I have always been really hard on KM, but never on the offensive end of the floor. I've wanted to see the Bucks trade him for quite a long time (I think I even had hair when I started) and I still think they should, although I don't know what value he would have. I'm sure there are many here who would know better than I on this. All that being said, watching him operate on the offensive end when he's in the zone is an absolute thing of beauty!
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan (CBQ is missed)

simul justus et peccator
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,013

Post#70 » by Ron Swanson » Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:38 pm

The next big road trip certainly has some disaster potential. Denver, Portland, Dallas, Utah, Phoenix. Then we get Minnesota, Denver, and Miami at home before the ASB. Over/under 3.5 blowout losses in that stretch?
-Jragon-
Head Coach

Post#71 » by -Jragon- » Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:51 pm

One thing that worries me is that I think it's fools gold when the play works against scrub teams where Pat C., Beas and KM come off the middle screen and start dribbling into a trap ... it's way too slow and telegraphed and not an optimal person making the decisions at that part of the floor... any playoff D will see that early and destroy it... work inside out with Dame and Giannis and design some creative off ball action off of their gravity instead and throw that dumb play out. Work on things that will work against playoff teams.
BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,211

Post#72 » by BigO » Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:59 pm

CharityStripe34 wrote:
FrieAaron wrote:Looks like the next 15 might be our toughest stretch of the season. Only 3 against a team with a losing record, one against a .500 team.

Yep. This will either confirm or refute the Fire Griffin crowd, of which I joined recently. I hope I'm wrong. The next two against a depleted Cavs team that is playing well will tell a big story.
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,742

Post#73 » by CharityStripe34 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:19 pm

BigO wrote:
CharityStripe34 wrote:

Yep. This will either confirm or refute the Fire Griffin crowd, of which I joined recently. I hope I'm wrong. The next two against a depleted Cavs team that is playing well will tell a big story.

Considering the talent on the team, and potential they show in various stretches, I should have high expectations for them to begin more concerted, sustained success and effort but I have none. It's sort of strange. I don't even think a decent mid-season trade to get a perimeter defender will be the fix-it solution. This has to start with Griffin getting out of his own way and the players caring more consistently and not playing like it's mid-November.
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
MiltownMadness
Starter
And1: 993

Post#74 » by MiltownMadness » Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:29 pm

msiris wrote:
DutchManDanFan wrote:Giannis - Kareem - Khris. Top 3 Bucks legends.
Weird mentioning Khris in the same breath wth the 1st 2. Legend is a little too for him.

You're bonkers if you dont think Khris is a Bucks legend :noway:
-Jragon-
Head Coach

Post#75 » by -Jragon- » Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:39 pm

MiltownMadness wrote:
msiris wrote:
Weird mentioning Khris in the same breath wth the 1st 2. Legend is a little too for him.

It probably just surprises people that his name is above some amazing dudes.. we had big dog, moncrief, Redd, Oscar, Marques and boom KM is zooming past
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,746

Post#76 » by msiris » Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:48 pm

MiltownMadness wrote:
msiris wrote:

We have different definition for
the word legend. Micheal Jordan, Kobe, Giannis and others are legends. As for as Bucks I only see three. Oscar, Lew, and Giannis. I can't help it that my standards are higher then most. :D
Ride the tank
MiltownMadness
Starter

Post#77 » by MiltownMadness » Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:52 pm

msiris wrote:
MiltownMadness wrote:
msiris wrote:Weird mentioning Khris in the same breath wth the 1st 2. Legend is a little too for him.

We have definition for legend. Micheal Jordan, Kobe, Giannis and others are legends. As for as Bucks I only see three. Oscar, Lew, and Giannis. I can't help it that my standards are higher then most. :D

Oscar was here for 4 seasons in his 30's, lol. Sid you can make an argument but Khris has done more for this franchise than all but two. Bucks legend
MiltownMadness
Starter

Post#78 » by MiltownMadness » Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:53 pm

-Jragon- wrote:
MiltownMadness wrote:

It probably just surprises people that his name is above some amazing dudes.. we had big dog, moncrief, Redd, Oscar, Marques and boom KM is zooming past

Longevity is everything in these discussions. He'll probably be a Buck for 15 years, that means a whole bunch to people who have watched all 15
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,689

Post#79 » by BroncoBuck » Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:09 pm

sidney lanier wrote:
BroncoBuck wrote:
randy84 wrote:Kind of amazing that Beauchamp has gone from cleaning everyone's clock in training camp to being a DNP - Coach's Decision against the Pistons.

The Pro-Griff weirdos rode the “Bud didn’t play young guys, Griff does” false narrative for all that it was worth. Now that Crowder is back I don’t believe Jackson or Beauchamp crack 1,000 minutes.

I think I need a Pro-Griff Weirdo t-shirt, although I'll choose my own false narratives to ride for all they're worth, thank you very much.

This week I'm going with "we have the second-best record in the league." Weird, I know.

This aged so poorly lmao. I’m sorry man.
nagawicka
Pro Prospect
And1: 235

Post#80 » by nagawicka » Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:49 pm

msiris wrote:
nagawicka wrote:
msiris wrote: If they played with Giannis they very well could have won a chip as well.

What you talking about Willis? They never get pass Bird and company or Dr J and company but it was always very close and a fight down to end. I saw them all and it was always close but no cigar. Before your time sunny. :D

ARE YOU KIDDING ME. I watched every Bucks-Sixers and every Bucks-Celtics series come down to the last 2 points in the last few seconds of Game 7 like they had all the other games, trading buckets the whole way. stfu

Return to Milwaukee Bucks