Re: PG Cavs: Wire to Wire, Bucks Win 3rd Straight 

Post#81 » by Daver » Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:13 pm

Think doc keeps prunty on would be very smart of him to do that
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,654

Post#82 » by JayMKE » Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:24 pm

Not sure Doc has a choice but to keep Prunty when all his assistants have other jobs this season.
FREE GIANNIS
Daver
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,037

Post#83 » by Daver » Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:35 pm

JayMKE wrote:Not sure Doc has a choice but to keep Prunty when all his assistants have other jobs this season.

Well tberes talk that that former hornets coach is on his way.Want really thinking rest of this year im just saying would be wise to keep prunty moving forward.Hes a very high end quality HC
MiltownHawkeye
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,417

Post#84 » by MiltownHawkeye » Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:41 pm

Losing Prunty would be disappointing. He seems competent and well-liked, plus knows guys like Giannis/KM better than anyone else on staff or that Doc would bring in.
Free Chuck Diesel

Fire Steve Novak
WiscoKing13
RealGM
And1: 1,287

Post#85 » by WiscoKing13 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:49 pm

MiltownHawkeye wrote:Losing Prunty would be disappointing. He seems competent and well-liked, plus knows guys like Giannis/KM better than anyone else on staff or that Doc would bring in.
I don't think he knows them better than Baker or Oppenheimer.

Sent from my SM-G991U using RealGM mobile app
DanoMac wrote:
bullox wrote:That phone number was an asset to you. You had a direct line to the gm. You've squandered it.

I squandered an asset? Then Hammond taught me well.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,108

Post#86 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:59 pm

randy84 wrote:
bucksfansince88 wrote:Keep Joe around he’s weathered the storm with two idiot coaches that were over their skiis

Prunty has to be wonder how these other scrubs get interviews and he doesn't.

hes super short and a prep. he doesnt have the look
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM

Post#87 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:07 pm

Jez2983 wrote:
Plossum wrote:Today shows why I think we'll be largely fine with Doc. We had baseline competent NBA coaching out there today and the team looked a lot better. Doc doesn't need to be spectacular. Just needs to get the team doing the basics well and let the talent shine.

My issue is that when we are actually requiring coaching, we're going into this playoffs with a more rusted-in Bud, with a longer history of an inability to adapt. Griffin could actually draw up a decent play.

Doc has, however, never had either Bucks in 6 or Dame Time to help him. Time will tell.

this whole idea of why teams lose is about a coach not adapting is kind of become for me just a casual armchair fans spinny excuse for why their team(usually a good team with high expectations)...... inevitably loses to the better team( with higher expectations).

i mean its 7 games. nba coaches are making changes, calling plays, setting defenses, interacting with other coaches and players.... making strategic decisions to make changes or even possibly more sane decisions to not adapt and stick to their teams strengths and what got them there.

so the idea that the key for a team to overcome a better adversary is for that team to have a superior coach who is more adaptable to me just sounds like casual fan gobbledegook. im tired of hearing it
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,510

Post#88 » by HKPackFan » Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:12 pm

The joe prunty bump is a real thing.

Keep him around in case we need him again.
#FreeChuckDiesel
pifhluk23
Sixth Man
And1: 908

Post#89 » by pifhluk23 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:22 pm

drone3 wrote:Brook getting those offensive tap backs gave us a bunch of second attempts. It only works if he's not standing at the 3p line

Offensive rebounding limits transition for the other team as well. Idk how to find out how many they had last night but it sure seemed lower then normal. This team is going to look insanely better just fixing the dumb low hanging fruit.
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,959

Post#90 » by Jez2983 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:27 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
Jez2983 wrote:
Plossum wrote:Today shows why I think we'll be largely fine with Doc. We had baseline competent NBA coaching out there today and the team looked a lot better. Doc doesn't need to be spectacular. Just needs to get the team doing the basics well and let the talent shine.

My issue is that when we are actually requiring coaching, we're going into this playoffs with a more rusted-in Bud, with a longer history of an inability to adapt. Griffin could actually draw up a decent play.

Doc has, however, never had either Bucks in 6 or Dame Time to help him. Time will tell.

this whole idea of why teams lose is about a coach not adapting is kind of become for me just a casual armchair fans spinny excuse for why their team(usually a good team with high expectations)...... inevitably loses to the better team( with higher expectations).

i mean its 7 games. nba coaches are making changes, calling plays, setting defenses, interacting with other coaches and players.... making strategic decisions to make changes or even possibly more sane decisions to not adapt and stick to their teams strengths and what got them there.

so the idea that the key for a team to overcome a better adversary is for that team to have a superior coach who is more adaptable to me just sounds like casual fan gobbledegook. im tired of hearing it

So we're discounting all the historical evidence of Doc losing in the playoffs, and him being I believe the coach with the worst Game 7 record in history? Just casual fan nonsense?

Bud himself demonstrated progressively worse results with the same team over time. Unless you truly believe the Butler-led Heat were more talented than us, it's absolutely on coaching. You wouldn't have tried Giannis on Jimmy?

And let's just ignore the huge amount of words, written and spoken, that have been dedicated to Doc by various media personalities. Again, they are all casuals.

You think I'm wrong. Great. I sincerely hope Doc proves me wrong in the next 4-5 months. But don't come here and insult me for a perspective that is well-founded, just because it isn't the same as your own, particularly when there's so much evidence to support it.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
MiltownHawkeye
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,417

Post#91 » by MiltownHawkeye » Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:35 pm

WiscoKing13 wrote:
MiltownHawkeye wrote:Losing Prunty would be disappointing. He seems competent and well-liked, plus knows guys like Giannis/KM better than anyone else on staff or that Doc would bring in.
I don't think he knows them better than Baker or Oppenheimer.

Sent from my SM-G991U using RealGM mobile app

True, kinda forgot those guys were still around
Free Chuck Diesel

Fire Steve Novak
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,176

Post#92 » by JimmyTheKid » Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:41 pm

It was one game. Teams are always rejuvenated after a firing. But thats probably the most fun I've had watching a game all season. No finger pointing. They jumped out early and carried the lead for the entirety. Guys were assignment strong and actually able to string together stops on the defensive end. I was back to saying "nice D" numerous times from the comfort of my couch. Its a good start.
yannisk
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,748

Post#93 » by yannisk » Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:44 pm

Daver wrote:
JayMKE wrote:Not sure Doc has a choice but to keep Prunty when all his assistants have other jobs this season.

Well tberes talk that that former hornets coach is on his way.Want really thinking rest of this year im just saying would be wise to keep prunty moving forward.Hes a very high end quality HC

I would prefer him than Doc
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM

Post#94 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:32 pm

Jez2983 wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
Jez2983 wrote:

So we're discounting all the historical evidence of Doc losing in the playoffs, and him being I believe the coach with the worst Game 7 record in history? Just casual fan nonsense?

Bud himself demonstrated progressively worse results with the same team over time. Unless you truly believe the Butler-led Heat were more talented than us, it's absolutely on coaching. You wouldn't have tried Giannis on Jimmy?

And let's just ignore the huge amount of words, written and spoken, that have been dedicated to Doc by various media personalities. Again, they are all casuals.

You think I'm wrong. Great. I sincerely hope Doc proves me wrong in the next 4-5 months. But don't come here and insult me for a perspective that is well-founded, just because it isn't the same as your own, particularly when there's so much evidence to support it.

doc took laregely inferior teams and produced gameplans that got them leads in series against largely superior teams.

these superior teams, with superior players, adjusted to docs gameplans. not so much the coaches, but more so the players.

then docs teams "choked".... but to me its more like they got reeled in then choked.

to me they choked much the way i made teams choke back in my heyday. once i realized how teams were gaurding me, what their gameplan was for me.... i made them choke. it was me who adjusted. the coach had very little to do with it. rememeber i led my conference in scoring in college and for me that final season when i was at my apex it was literally my responsibility to make that adjustement seeing whatever i saw. i didnt put it much on my coach

so i think taking this off the players is something that fans do out of frustration.

if doc had teams expected to win in vegas and they consistently didnt win then thats one thing. but honestly docs career is a resume of taking teams NOT expected to win and putting them in situations where they could and then inevitably didnt. since boston his teams were INCREDIBLY FLAWED. i give him alot of credit for honestly whats been a consistently remarkable career of competitiveness
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,010

Post#95 » by Ron Swanson » Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:43 pm

I get that it was probably a gesture of good faith by Prunty to play all the vets, but it was kind of a bummer to not see Andre out there after it looked like he had really carved out a spot in the rotation. Hopefully this was just giving Cam and Pat confidence after getting yanked around for weeks by the previous coach that shall no longer be named.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,218

Post#96 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:59 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:I get that it was probably a gesture of good faith by Prunty to play all the vets, but it was kind of a bummer to not see Andre out there after it looked like he had really carved out a spot in the rotation. Hopefully this was just giving Cam and Pat confidence after getting yanked around for weeks by the previous coach that shall no longer be named.

Looking at the lineup data, it seems like you can play Andre with the starters (minus Beas) or not at all.
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,520

Post#97 » by GoldenAntlers » Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:03 pm

CharityStripe34 wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:get the sense we saw the last of the young guys

Preparations for a trade? Or integrate Crowder and settle into a playoff-like rotation?
I think MJB is getting traded.

There is no good reason to not play Dre.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,010

Post#98 » by Ron Swanson » Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:11 pm

Marjon's probably getting sent out as a throw-in in whatever deadline deal we'll have lined up, but now that we've rid ourselves of the potato-brain coach, I'm kinda back to wanting to see the young guys play some more within an actual structured offense/defense. I still think Marjon's made some impressive strides as a shooter and slasher. Just sucks timing wise.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,176

Post#99 » by JimmyTheKid » Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:11 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:I get that it was probably a gesture of good faith by Prunty to play all the vets, but it was kind of a bummer to not see Andre out there after it looked like he had really carved out a spot in the rotation. Hopefully this was just giving Cam and Pat confidence after getting yanked around for weeks by the previous coach that shall no longer be named.

Looking at the lineup data, it seems like you can play Andre with the starters (minus Beas) or not at all.

I bet there will be a little bit of "showcasing" this next week if we're targeting trade candidates. Its fine by me if AJJ has his minutes cut temporarily so some vets can up their value. Hopefully Doc knows and understands what AJJ brings to the team, and he has a role going forward. Griffin was such a disaster I'd ignore any and all previous lineup data, at least until guys are put in their optimum positions to succeed on both ends of the floor.
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,209

Post#100 » by FrieAaron » Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:21 pm

Great win. Technically the Boston win was the best of the season, but really...this one was.
Somehow I missed the pre-game tweet

Read on Twitter

Sheeeeeesh

Return to Milwaukee Bucks