Fire prunty. Who’s next?
#LockUpChuck
randy84
RealGM
And1: 6,423

Re: PG Cavs - Loss 

Post#62 » by randy84 » Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:13 am

Plossum wrote:Fire prunty. Who’s next?

I heard the equipment manager doesn't use Downy on the uniforms.
mediocrityrules
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,037

Post#63 » by mediocrityrules » Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:14 am

Some awful takes in here. Until Doc actually takes the reins and we have several games to analyze to see what he is doing, we're still in caretaker mode, which is kind of 'nowhere's-ville'.

The main takeaways from this game are that individually, Midds is looking slower by the game, and Dame has zero shooting touch at the moment. We need defensive wings badly.
Circling calendars since 2021
MissKhriddleton
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,189

Post#64 » by MissKhriddleton » Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:33 am

Run, Griffin out of town absolutely, but way too early to be out on Dame too. He’s maybe lost a step but they clearly don’t run anything on offense and Giannis still doesn’t know how to play with another superstar.

And you could never not make that trade. Jrue is washed himself and only seems okay because he’s the 5th option lol.
yb90
Pro Prospect
And1: 257

Post#65 » by yb90 » Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:38 am

Lopez and Portis should be traded. Portis is too much of a black hole and Lopez is not making his 3s and is too slow when paired with the players around him.
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,209

Post#66 » by FrieAaron » Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:55 am

Not nearly as down on this one as others. Always tough to win two in a row against a team, doubly so when it's a team that's been playing as well as the Cavs. Huge struggles on offense but aside from way too many FTs actually loomed average on defense out there for the most part.
mediocrityrules
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,037

Post#67 » by mediocrityrules » Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:26 am

Ball security on this one was as bad as ever.

There's no one that I really trust on our team to handle the ball all the time. We have situational guys, but there's no one to just hand it to each time down the court and they can create (other than Giannis it seems, but we can't have him doing that all the time, especially when the wall is up. He needs to be off-ball).
Circling calendars since 2021
fan230
Analyst
And1: 1,317

Post#68 » by fan230 » Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:38 am

I am very happy that Dame is an All Star Starter. But I wish he improves his play. Occasional lighting up of Dame Time is not good enough for the team; need him to be consistently good on offense, as we know he can be.
tedbrogen
Analyst
And1: 2,827

Post#69 » by tedbrogen » Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:11 am

Assuming Doc eventually becomes coach, Prunty can leave. That was some brutally bad ISO ball and even with numerous droughts he couldn’t come up with one decent play to break any of the droughts.
tedbrogen
Analyst
And1: 2,827

Post#70 » by tedbrogen » Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:13 am

jakecronus8 wrote:Figure out if Dame wants to be here. If not ship him. Massive disappointment

Not sure why they can’t figure out that he’s better when he gets a rhythm. Having him stand and watch Giannis and Midds take turn ISOing kills his rhythm.
Chad34
RealGM
And1: 5,215

Post#71 » by Chad34 » Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:37 am

tedbrogen wrote:
jakecronus8 wrote:Figure out if Dame wants to be here. If not ship him. Massive disappointment

Not sure why they can’t figure out that he’s better when he gets a rhythm. Having him stand and watch Giannis and Midds take turn ISOing kills his rhythm.

he was very iso ball dominant and is/was not more effective than giannis. khris and giannis two man game was the best thing going tonight. i could care less about whether he gets his numbers, he' needs to fit his game in the flow of what is best for the team. he'll never be as efficient or a better option. if not he can see himself out. dame time has been over=rated or maybe it's just over
nagawicka
Pro Prospect
And1: 235

Post#72 » by nagawicka » Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:16 am

WhatTheBuck wrote:
nagawicka wrote:
WhatTheBuck wrote:So we played Beasley as our lock down defender tonight?

Dame, Middleton and Lopez destroyed us and Giannis' back is just about set to break from carrying these bums all year.

You can't carry a team on your back when you walk back on defense.

Energy & effort my friend.

Let's not put the cart before the horse; he was walking back on defence BECAUSE his back was ready to break for carrying our team this year.

No.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,313

Post#73 » by RiotPunch » Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:20 am

Obviously a terrible showing, but the remnants of Grief fingerprints remain all over what we're trying to do out there.

I will say, though, Prunty seems like a goddamn basketball savant after listening to Grief blabber about absolutely nothing every night.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,308

Post#74 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:58 am

Live by the Middleton, die by the Middleton. This is one of those games where you could have used a younger athletic guy like Dejounte.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,313

Post#75 » by RiotPunch » Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:46 am

paulpressey25 wrote:Live by the Middleton, die by he Middleton. This is one of those games where you could have used a younger athletic guy like Dejounte.

Aside from his multiple alley-oops to Giannis, he was awful. Could not stay in front of anyone and was not getting anything cooking on offense.

Sad fact is Khris likely holds neutral value, at best, on the trade market. Live or die by Middleton, indeed. We don't have the horses for Dejounte, IMO. I am optimistic, though. Doc needs to button up the initiator pecking order. Khris should never be pushing a break, but can be savvy in the halfcourt-- very real synergy with Giannis. Defensively is hugely matchup-dependent.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
MiltownHawkeye
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,417

Post#76 » by MiltownHawkeye » Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:06 am

Considering how few of our losses have been the result of guys just not hitting shots + still not having Doc in here yet I can't be too bothered about this one. Can't imagine we stand pat at the deadline though.
Free Chuck Diesel

Fire Steve Novak
yannisk
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,748

Post#77 » by yannisk » Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:41 am

tedbrogen wrote:

He ISOed more than both of them and he did not look to pass at all
Daver
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,037

Post#78 » by Daver » Sat Jan 27, 2024 12:57 pm

randy84 wrote:
CharityStripe34 wrote:Hopefully Doc has the gravitas to get Dame and Gianni in a room together and begin the process of really unleashing the two of them. The "your turn, my turn" stuff has run its course.

May want to include Middleton and Bobby too.

I agree people raging on dame midds sire as hell sucked last night to bucks lose by 12 with brook dsmn near going 0fer midds n dame n lets not forget beas getting only 1 shot wtf was that.
Daver
Lead Assistant

Post#79 » by Daver » Sat Jan 27, 2024 1:01 pm

WhatTheBuck wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:I legit don't know how any of you watch Middleton and think he's fine. I've never seen him this limited physically.

Middleton was getting cooked by Sam Merrill one on one. That tells you everything you need to know.

Merrill scored like what 8 points what am i missing when you say he cooked midds ....why would midds even have to cover a quicker smaller player
Daver
Lead Assistant

Post#80 » by Daver » Sat Jan 27, 2024 1:08 pm

MissKhriddleton wrote:Run, Griffin out of town absolutely, but way too early to be out on Dame too. He’s maybe lost a step but they clearly don’t run anything on offense and Giannis still doesn’t know how to play with another superstar.

And you could never not make that trade. Jrue is washed himself and only seems okay because he’s the 5th option lol.

Agree with the lack of O cohesion its brutalzero scheme on O other than taking turns bringing ball up the court(should be dame 90%)and whst seems like people just taking turns shooting hogging the ball instead of running anything.
Hope doc watched this last night n said yikes wtf thry doing with dame

Return to Milwaukee Bucks