PG Cavs - Loss

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Daver
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,037

Re: PG Cavs - Loss 

Post#81 » by Daver » Sat Jan 27, 2024 1:13 pm

tedbrogen wrote:
jakecronus8 wrote:Figure out if Dame wants to be here. If not ship him. Massive disappointment

Not sure why they can’t figure out that he’s better when he gets a rhythm. Having him stand and watch Giannis and Midds take turn ISOing kills his rhythm.

45 games in and they still fu.. csnt figure that out.Evrryone calls out the bucks coaching staff for not getting dame more involved keeping his rhythm everyone sees it this board sees it nimrods at local bars see it yet our own coaching staff doesnt.Its a crime its malpractice how bad they are using him.Hes not a off ball guy waiting for his turn to shoot.Plays should be run through him
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,655

Post#82 » by JayMKE » Sat Jan 27, 2024 1:20 pm

"needs a rhythm" reads a lot like "needs to pound the ball"
FREE GIANNIS
pifhluk23
Sixth Man
And1: 908

Post#83 » by pifhluk23 » Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:03 pm

That stretch in the 3rd or 4th where Cleveland played really good defense and we couldn't hit any tough shots for 6 or 7 minutes is where the game was lost. That's what the playoffs will be like, we're going to need Dame and Khris to hit some contested shots. And Giannis is going to have to put his head down and get to the line. Giannis getting to the line is really a momentum killer for the other team. They get frustrated at the calls and he takes so long to shoot his fts it really messes up the other team's rhythm.
PG Graveyard
General Manager
And1: 4,609

Post#84 » by PG Graveyard » Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:06 pm

yannisk wrote:
tedbrogen wrote:
jakecronus8 wrote:Figure out if Dame wants to be here. If not ship him. Massive disappointment

Not sure why they can’t figure out that he’s better when he gets a rhythm. Having him stand and watch Giannis and Midds take turn ISOing kills his rhythm.

He ISOed more than both of them and he did not look to pass at all

That’s what I thought. 7-24, 2-10 from 3 with more turnovers than assists. When he sucks we are a bad team since he brings nothing to the table other than offense. Jrue last year was a much better overall player than what we are getting from Dame this year.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,176

Post#85 » by JimmyTheKid » Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:07 pm

CharityStripe34 wrote:Hopefully Doc has the gravitas to get Dame and Gianni in a room together and begin the process of really unleashing the two of them. The "your turn, my turn" stuff has run its course.

Hilarious second half honestly. I don’t think they ran a single pick and roll after effectively spamming it the game prior. All offensive possessions were bad ISOs while the other four players just stood around. Let’s get this ship righted, Doc.
pifhluk23
Sixth Man
And1: 908

Post#86 » by pifhluk23 » Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:35 pm

PG Graveyard wrote:
yannisk wrote:
Jrue last year was a much better overall player than what we are getting from Dame this year.

You know that 6-7 minute stretch last night where we got 0 buckets, I can't even remember that happening this year. The past few years though that was a nearly nightly occurrence. Did someone pay Russian bots to keep up this stupid Jrue is better than Dame narrative going? Because even with him being slightly under career averages he's still so much better than Jrue.
mlloyd10
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#87 » by mlloyd10 » Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:47 pm

Was that really Hammond at the game?
nagawicka
Pro Prospect
And1: 235

Post#88 » by nagawicka » Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:50 pm

Daver wrote:
randy84 wrote:
CharityStripe34 wrote:Hopefully Doc has the gravitas to get Dame and Gianni in a room together and begin the process of really unleashing the two of them. The "your turn, my turn" stuff has run its course.

May want to include Middleton and Bobby too.

I agree people raging on dame midds sire as hell sucked last night to bucks lose by 12 with brook dsmn near going 0fer midds n dame n lets not forget beas getting only 1 shot wtf was that.

'Such a relief to 'see them finally playing with such joy' lol
nagawicka
Pro Prospect
And1: 235

Post#89 » by nagawicka » Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:00 pm

Daver wrote:
WhatTheBuck wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:I legit don't know how any of you watch Middleton and think he's fine. I've never seen him this limited physically.

Middleton was getting cooked by Sam Merrill one on one. That tells you everything you need to know.

Merrill scored like what 8 points what am i missing when you say he cooked midds ....why would midds even have to cover a quicker smaller player

Midds needs to do it bc realGM demands Midds gets Minutes, but really Midds 'would even have to defend anyone in the NBA' bc tha Bucks refused to sign Carter. After all, guards able to defend the POA point of attack are just some sort of useless in the modern NBA
Neuromancer56
Rookie
And1: 1,054

Post#90 » by Neuromancer56 » Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:02 pm

Before Griff's firing we had the easiest schedule in the league. Going forward we have the most difficult schedule in the league. I expect it's going to take a while for Doc and his assistants to get their system implemented. I expect this team to lose a lot of games, and maybe look even worse than we did under Griff for a while. But I have faith that by the end of the season we'll be looking better.
PG Graveyard
General Manager
And1: 4,609

Post#91 » by PG Graveyard » Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:05 pm

pifhluk23 wrote:
PG Graveyard wrote:
yannisk wrote:
Jrue last year was a much better overall player than what we are getting from Dame this year.

You know that 6-7 minute stretch last night where we got 0 buckets, I can't even remember that happening this year. The past few years though that was a nearly nightly occurrence. Did someone pay Russian bots to keep up this stupid Jrue is better than Dame narrative going? Because even with him being slightly under career averages he's still so much better than Jrue.

I’m old enough to remember when we didn’t like inefficient chuckers who don’t play any defense.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 3,004

Post#92 » by BUCKnation » Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:22 pm

Weird game. Was kind of cruising until we hit 65 pts then looked like we ran out of gas or something. Like the refs were kind of keeping them in it with how lopsided some of the calls were.

Reminded me of that denver game where we played them on a b2b.

Thought the defense looked solid for the most part, they just seemed to hit any open 3 and got a good amount of 2nd chance points on weird bounces.

Hard to judge if it was bad offense or just missing shots because I thought a majority of the looks were fine.
fan230
Analyst
And1: 1,317

Post#93 » by fan230 » Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:36 pm

PG Graveyard wrote:
yannisk wrote:
tedbrogen wrote:

That’s what I thought. 7-24, 2-10 from 3 with more turnovers than assists. When he sucks we are a bad team since he brings nothing to the table other than offense. Jrue last year was a much better overall player than what we are getting from Dame this year.

I agree. When he gets his long 3 s going, he is fine. Else he is quite ineffective. He is not a good creative pg who makes others better. He most often tries to make his own shots. He is poor in defense. He is very slow in bringing the ball up. Sometimes he drives and tries to get foul calls but those calls are not frequent. He is great during Dame time but Dame time happens infrequently. Jrue was a much better overall player last year. Also Khris’ passes to Giannis are huge; never see Dame making Giannis a better scorer.
aboveAverage
RealGM
And1: 2,611

Post#94 » by aboveAverage » Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:43 pm

BUCKnation wrote:Weird game. Was kind of cruising until we hit 65 pts then looked like we ran out of gas or something. Like the refs were kind of keeping them in it with how lopsided some of the calls were.

Reminded me of that denver game where we played them on a b2b.

Thought the defense looked solid for the most part, they just seemed to hit any open 3 and got a good amount of 2nd chance points on weird bounces.

Hard to judge if it was bad offense or just missing shots because I thought a majority of the looks were fine.

Exactly, it looked like we were on a B2B, third game in four days type situation. Not sure why.
randy84
RealGM
And1: 6,423

Post#95 » by randy84 » Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:43 pm

RiotPunch wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:Live by the Middleton, die by he Middleton. This is one of those games where you could have used a younger athletic guy like Dejounte.

Aside from his multiple alley-oops to Giannis, he was awful. Could not stay in front of anyone and was not getting anything cooking on offense.

Sad fact is Khris likely holds neutral value, at best, on the trade market. Live or die by Middleton, indeed. We don't have the horses for Dejounte, IMO. I am optimistic, though. Doc needs to button up the initiator pecking order. Khris should never be pushing a break, but can be savvy in the halfcourt-- very real synergy with Giannis. Defensively is hugely matchup-dependent.

I don't know. The guy who traded for Middleton was in the building last night. You could probably sell him on Khris' championship pedigree for a young team.
tedbrogen
Analyst
And1: 2,827

Post#96 » by tedbrogen » Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:45 pm

JayMKE wrote:"needs a rhythm" reads a lot like "needs to pound the ball"

I’d rather have Dame pounding the ball than Midds posting up or Giannis pounding the ball at the top of the key. But maybe that’s just me. Having the latter definitely worked out splendidly last night.
MissKhriddleton
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,189

Post#97 » by MissKhriddleton » Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:50 pm

PG Graveyard wrote:
yannisk wrote:
tedbrogen wrote:

Jrue shot 40% from the field, 28.5% from 3, and gave up 37.6 points per game to Jimmy in the playoffs last year. Jrue right now as a 2nd/3rd option would look putrid. There is zero chance we’d be better with him and zero chance we’d have been able to fetch anything better. Love the guy, but longing for him is strange.

For 9 years Dame had the same offensive minded coach with a team built solely for him. 9 years. One year with Billups (not sure how much the offense changed) and then he comes here to possibly the worst NBA coach of all time, a superstar who doesn’t have the attention span to run a two man game more than a once a quarter, and a bunch of guys who for the last 5 years have done nothing but stand in a box on offense waiting for kick-outs.

Like yeah, no wonder he doesn’t look like he did in Portland. And it’s crazy to think we had that coach who orchestrated that offense on our staff and let an absolute moron force him to quit.
tedbrogen
Analyst

Post#98 » by tedbrogen » Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:54 pm

MissKhriddleton wrote:
PG Graveyard wrote:
yannisk wrote:

Jrue shot 40% from the field, 28.5% from 3, and gave up 37.6 points per game to Jimmy in the playoffs last year. Jrue right now as a 2nd/3rd option would look putrid. There is zero chance we’d be better with him and zero chance we’d have been able to fetch anything better. Love the guy, but longing for him is strange.

For 9 years Dame had the same offensive minded coach with a team built solely for him. 9 years. One year with Billups (not sure how much the offense changed) and then he comes here to possibly the worst NBA coach of all time, a superstar who doesn’t have the attention span to run a two man game more than a once a quarter, and a bunch of guys who for the last 5 years have done nothing but stand in a box on offense waiting for kick-outs.

Like yeah, no wonder he doesn’t look like he did in Portland. And it’s crazy to think we had that coach who orchestrated that offense on our staff and let an absolute moron force him to quit.

It was hilarious how many times they gave the ball to Dame last night and then NO ONE went to set a screen. They just stood still. How is the guy guarded by Sam Merrill not automatically screening for Dame every possession? How do you not make the Cavs pay for putting Sam Merrill on the court by going at him every time?
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,742

Post#99 » by CharityStripe34 » Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:56 pm

nagawicka wrote:
Daver wrote:
randy84 wrote:May want to include Middleton and Bobby too.

I agree people raging on dame midds sire as hell sucked last night to bucks lose by 12 with brook dsmn near going 0fer midds n dame n lets not forget beas getting only 1 shot wtf was that.

I don't think the guys looked pissed or checked-out. They looked old last night.
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
tedbrogen
Analyst

Post#100 » by tedbrogen » Sat Jan 27, 2024 4:01 pm

CharityStripe34 wrote:
nagawicka wrote:
Daver wrote:

I don't think the guys looked pissed or checked-out. They looked old last night.

If only they had a super high energy rookie along with two second year players sitting on the bench, but alas…

Return to Milwaukee Bucks